Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Dion
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 25 2017, 02:39 PM) *

SoCalAndy's car is indeed very nice; this one is Jim's though. They are both stunning examples.

I stand corrected. So sorry, YES both are
oustanding. Sorry for the confusion.
Way to go Jim!
Jim picked up his car today.
More pics.
Scenic backdrop.
Larmo63
Amazing! I am saving the cash to get in line to have you take a look at my black car, Kent.
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 27 2017, 05:33 PM) *

Amazing! I am saving the cash to get in line to have you take a look at my black car, Kent.

Sounds good and it's good to see that Clint is back.
Cairo94507
Jim's car is absolutely crazy beautiful. first.gif I am glad it was sitting next to my car. I know my car was feeling a lot better seeing what the end result will look like. smilie_pokal.gif
914Sixer
Stunning !!!!! biggrin.gif
raynekat
Did you get your back pad re-upholstered?
If yes, can you please share who did such a nice job?
Thx and your car looks incredible.

Click to view attachment
banananose914
Well, it's official, the car is done! Kent, Andy, Bob, Dave and the stupid owner have accomplished a most momentous task. I couldn't have found a better group of people to help me in getting the car back together.
Today consisted of many final adjustments. Along with many other final adjustments along the way. For anyone who has done a restoration, you can sympathize and relate. For those who are in the process, or thinking about it, you are in for a love/hate relationship.
Although it is truly rewarding, you are in for many ups and downs. Some days you can't wait to work on it, and other days you feel like there is no end in sight. Some days of thinking you're on top of your resto, and then days when you hit bottom. And many days where you realize that you're missing some important parts, and some of those parts will turn out to be almost irreplaceable. This was a regular occurrence. Oh, and you will be visiting the bank quite often.
Through the roller coaster ride of restoring a 914, you will see how important it is to have a group of people/friends who know what they're doing in restoring a 914. It's also important to have a website such as this as a guide, and a way to reach out to others for help.
Thanks for all ya all's help. You done good. In the immortal words of Michael Jackson, I love you, I love you all! Eee, hee!!
Now, off to Cairo's car. It's the next 6 to be awoke from a long sleep.
ndfrigi
Sir Jim, again Congratulation to your 101% super super nice 914-6! Better than when it is brand new from dealer in 1970!
ndfrigi
double post
Cairo94507
It is so true. This whole process is a roller coaster of emotions. I look at Jim and Andy's cars and can't believe that mine will one day be painted and together. I can't wait until January when I get to return to L.A. to visit and see the progress.
76-914
It's a work of Art! Excellent workmanship. beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Absolutely stunning Jim.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 11 2017, 11:01 AM) *

Absolutely stunning Jim.

agree.gif beerchug.gif assimilate.gif
euro911
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.