Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Socalandy
This should come to life this weekend aktion035.gif that means video with some noise
banananose914
Ask and ye shall receive. The last picture shows a rubber grommet to protect that piece. I may use it as the stop for the emergency brake. Jim.
Cairo94507
I would not be able to sleep until I heard that beauty roar to life..... popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
db9146
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jul 18 2017, 11:00 PM) *

Ask and ye shall receive. The last picture shows a rubber grommet to protect that piece. I may use it as the stop for the emergency brake. Jim.

Thanks so much Jim. Beautiful car all the way around! lots of hard work on your side to source all the parts. Great job.
Socalandy
Sorry I didn't take many photos on his weekend but here's some of what got done smash.gif
Socalandy
Cables and grommets
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
Rear valance
Socalandy
And finally it's time for perlon
Socalandy
I will get caught up on pictures this week
raynekat
Gorgeous car Andy.
I'll be using all your great pics as reference when I get ready to put my car together.
Nice job.
db9146
WOW.
gms
Amazing transformation!
burton73
Andy,

This is really a super clean restoration, you should be very proud.

Bob B

first.gif
Socalandy
Thanks but I'm not the only one that has a hand in bringing this one back to life. It's Jim's "banananose914" car with Kent's amazing metal and paint work. We've all had fun putting it back together!!!
banananose914
Put the spare tire and rim in today. With the correct hold down. I used Wurth satin black, but I think it came out too glossy. I should have stayed with the other satin black I normally use. Another lesson learned. I have also found that the push button on the Wurth paint can takes quite a lot of pressure. Anyway, the rim looks pretty decent, but I may just re-spray it again using the paint I'm familiar with. The face of the rim is polished to match the rims on the car.Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
Sir Jim, It's time you drive that beautiful 914-6 to various car shows and to Cars and Coffee! Congratulations!
Socalandy
It's alive aktion035.gif It's alive

https://youtu.be/HTmjkFRyovE
Socalandy
Front trunk complete biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Ahhhhhhh, I even rotated the pictures
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
nice super healthy engine sound!
Socalandy
Hooking up linkage so he can take it around the block driving.gif

Think I have camera rotation down for iphone driving-girl.gif confused24.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations Jim, Andy and Kent. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif That is such a great sound. Now we will need video of this Six moving under its own power next.
Socalandy
And away he goes aktion035.gif

https://youtu.be/XjD4jUmjvvc
Socalandy
A bit more syncing of the carbs and on to the interior
banananose914
Big, big fat ass day today! Andy, Kent and Bob hit a grand slam! We have had other kick ass days, but today was the biggest. I thought we were doing well when the engine started. Little did I know I would be driving it today as well. I even got the tires to bark. Although the engine case is matching, the engine itself has a little something more than a stock 2 liter.
This car sat outside for almost twenty three years being neglected. Once I got it, it was another almost three years to get it to this point. Thanks, bitches. You three guys f-n kill me.
PS. If you listen real close at the end of the video, you can hear my wife say, "why is he driving like such an idiot?" Andy said, "your day was when you got married, this is his day." Damn right, bitch!! You tell her Andy!
Blue6
You talk like big man on campus until she reads this thread. Your just lucky she let you drive "her" car..... biggrin.gif
Larmo63
Congratulations!!!!!

You guys are a very good team, and it sounds great.
banananose914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Aug 6 2017, 09:56 PM) *

You talk like big man on campus until she reads this thread. Your just lucky she let you drive "her" car..... biggrin.gif

Thanks for screwing things up again Dave. I think that up until your post, people on here thought that I was in control.
banananose914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 6 2017, 10:09 PM) *

Congratulations!!!!!

You guys are a very good team, and it sounds great.

I appreciate that Lawrence. Thank you.
euro911
Well, now that you guys are done with Jim's car ... my address is ...

laugh.gif
Cairo94507
Jim, nice little acceleration mark and the Six sounded great.
Are we ever really in control once we get hitched....? Regardless, congratulations dude. beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
I wish my red car looked like his red car....................... sheeplove.gif
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Aug 6 2017, 09:34 PM) *

Big, big fat ass day today! Andy, Kent and Bob hit a grand slam! We have had other kick ass days, but today was the biggest. I thought we were doing well when the engine started. Little did I know I would be driving it today as well. I even got the tires to bark. Although the engine case is matching, the engine itself has a little something more than a stock 2 liter.
This car sat outside for almost twenty three years being neglected. Once I got it, it was another almost three years to get it to this point. Thanks, bitches. You three guys f-n kill me.
PS. If you listen real close at the end of the video, you can hear my wife say, "why is he driving like such an idiot?" Andy said, "your day was when you got married, this is his day." Damn right, bitch!! You tell her Andy!

Jim even let Andy and I have a turn behind the wheel. Strictly for test purposes though...yeah right! Thanks dude. biggrin.gif It was really cool to see you get to drive it.
Socalandy
It was a pretty cool day and to see Jim's face light up when the car came to life was priceless!! This passion for these cars has created some great times and life long friendships. I feel lucky to have been involved with Jim's Six and do this for a living as well!!! Working in the same bay our own Slits once worked in pray.gif

Thanks Jim
sb914
Nice job guys ! Can't wait to drive it . evilgrin.gif
Socalandy
This was actually Jim's first run/Pre-burnout in the car.

https://youtu.be/piK_COm0u_E
sb914
Sooooo
How's it coming along gentlemen?
banananose914
Eddie/Eddy? You need to get your ass over here and check it out.
euro911
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 7 2017, 07:51 AM) *
It was a pretty cool day and to see Jim's face light up when the car came to life was priceless!! This passion for these cars has created some great times and life long friendships. I feel lucky to have been involved with Jim's Six and do this for a living as well!!! Working in the same bay our own Slits once worked in pray.gif

Thanks Jim
Adrian Gang's shop used to be in that complex too. He's only a few blocks away from here now.

I'll have to pop by Callas' shop some time - tain't that far away from here either ... right next door to my ortho doctor's office driving.gif
Socalandy
Some more progress today beerchug.gif almost ready for carpet and wrap up the interior. Just a very short list of things to do...

Also great to meet Michael "Cairo" and his brother today. Good Times irish914.jpg
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 27 2017, 09:58 PM) *

Some more progress today beerchug.gif almost ready for carpet and wrap up the interior. Just a very short list of things to do...

Also great to meet Michael "Cairo" and his brother Bob today. Good Times irish914.jpg

Not to nit-pic but one of the fuses seems to be a little cock-eyed.... blink.gif confused24.gif Other than that .... shades.gif

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
More soon bye1.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Aug 27 2017, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 27 2017, 09:58 PM) *

Also great to meet Michael "Cairo" and his brother Bob today. Good Times irish914.jpg

Not to nit-pic but one of the fuses seems to be a little cock-eyed.... blink.gif confused24.gif Other than that .... shades.gif

Click to view attachment

You clearly know the definition of Nit-Picking
euro911
laugh.gif

Andy, what matting did you use on the floor pan and firewall?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.