Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Socalandy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 27 2017, 10:04 PM) *

laugh.gif

Andy, what matting did you use on the floor pan and firewall?

STP http://stp-atlantic.com/
euro911
Thanks beerchug.gif

I might as well do my floor while the interior is torn out ...
falcor75
I've eaten off dishes that wasnt as clean as that.... smile.gif
Cairo94507
Wow - Hey Andy - you guys really shifted into high gear after we left. That looks terrific. We had a great time hanging out, talking and seeing your car. smilie_pokal.gif
banananose914
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Aug 27 2017, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 27 2017, 09:58 PM) *

Some more progress today beerchug.gif almost ready for carpet and wrap up the interior. Just a very short list of things to do...

Also great to meet Michael "Cairo" and his brother Bob today. Good Times irish914.jpg

Not to nit-pic but one of the fuses seems to be a little cock-eyed.... blink.gif confused24.gif Other than that .... shades.gif

Click to view attachment
I saw your post and became concerned. As a result I spoke with a friend of mine who is knowledgeable in photography and psychology. He said the reason for the knit picking is the angle of the dangle of the tea bag across ones chin may be affecting their eyesight and judgement. He went on to say that this tea bag syndrome might be because this person is unable or unwilling to appreciate the entire project. He said that the person posting might be the same type that on the last day before Christmas vacation, probably felt the need to tell the teacher that they forgot to give homework for the holiday.
I thought about what he had to say, and I told him that might be a little harsh. He said "no, I just call them as I see them, whether they're balls or whatever. He has always been rather insightful. I've known him my whole life.
euro911
I think he was being facetious and simply forgot to put one of these at the end of his post: poke.gif

Now, if you would have place the cover on your fuse block, none of this would have ever taken place poke.gif

laugh.gif

jkb944t
Wow your car looks amazing! Love the great sounds your engine makes.

Jeff B
altitude411
I NEVER said I didn't appreciate the project... how could you not appreciate the detail and precision that these gentleman have put into this most beautiful six??? It goes without saying.

* Bannananose: next time you get together to wank with your "insightful" friend take a time out and ask him to enlighten you on sarcasm. Oh, and poke.gif
Another day at Jims. We go a lot done. Carpets and seats are in. Andy and Jim relaxing after a long day in the hot garage.
More pics.
More pics.
Cairo94507
Wow! That looks like it rolled out of the factory o only better. smilie_pokal.gif You guys are setting the new standard on these restorations. I just hope my car looks that nice.
Cheers beerchug.gif Michael
Socalandy
One of the most satisfying parts of a resto IMO biggrin.gif
Socalandy
more pics
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
one more Sunday to completion beerchug.gif
Socalandy
yellowsleep[1].gif
Blue6
Wow Bananabeek, that looks great. Only question is about the seatbelt holster. Weren't they aftermarket or dealer installed? lol-2.gif
Larmo63
Who said he is going to holster his seatbelt in it? It might have another purpose? Derringer?
banananose914
Another big day today. Andy, Kent, Bob and Dave, thanks for all the help. By the time we restore my other car, I promise I'll have air conditioning in the garage. Today was brutal. Brutally hot, but damn good.
banananose914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Sep 3 2017, 09:43 PM) *

Wow Bananabeek, that looks great. Only question is about the seatbelt holster. Weren't they aftermarket or dealer installed? lol-2.gif

Why do you want to take a swing at the hornet's nest?
raynekat
Those carpets look great; what company makes those? =
porschetub
Wow and wow again...thinking this is one of those benchmark cars.
daytona
Great looking car. Is that person carpeting?
Thanks,
Bill.
Socalandy
It's German Perlon from Autobaun in San Diego
daytona
Thanks Socalandy,
I have to replace the carpet on my now and I can't make up my mind.
Bill.
Cairo94507
It's great that Jim, Kent, Andy and crew have done this already and know where to go to get all the good stuff our cars need. I love that carpeting. That will make my life easier as my car moves along. beerchug.gif
Larmo63
AppBiz makes pretty nice German Perlon kits too.

Your car looks great, Jim. When you do the "white" one, are you going to do a GT?
Socalandy
Well I think we pretty well wrapped it up today. It’s going to alignment in the morning and hook up vapor recovery lines to engine shroud and air box. DONE beerchug.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
type.gif
Socalandy
wub.gif
Socalandy
Uploading some clips to YouTube and post when done. I bye1.gif
914Sixer
Built with more care and attention than the factory.
Cairo94507
Simply stunning. first.gif
Congratulations to Jim, Andy and Kent for another terrific Six. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
driving.gif

https://youtu.be/Ak9vsEbd6n0

ndfrigi
super beautiful sir Jim! good job Andy and Kent!
defianty
That's perfection!
cary
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Sep 3 2017, 09:43 PM) *

I was wondering the same thing. We ran across them on Matt and Doug's cars.

The car is stunning ............. Well Done
76-914
Beautiful! Excellent build. beerchug.gif
Socalandy
for those asking the carpet kit is from Autobahn smilie_pokal.gif . They also do an amazing job wrapping steering wheels. remember to specify early or late so the passenger side mat is the correct size. Perlon and German velour full kits including trunks

https://www.autobahninteriors.com/

7949 Stromesa Ct. Ste# e
San Diego CA 92126
Email- info@autobahninteriors.com
Tel- 858-453-2400
Chris H.
Another one saved! Incredible craftsmanship guys. To pull a body apart like that and rebuild it perfectly and correctly....very hard to do. Check out the panel gaps!

euro911
Nice job fellas. You know, if Porsche ever decides to start up 914 production again, you guys will have good jobs laugh.gif

poke.gif

Seriously, the time $ and effort you guys put into Jim's car really shows well. first.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 22 2017, 06:20 PM) *

Built with more care and attention than the factory.

I was thinking the same thing...this car is amazing, the interior/exterior/etc. is better than new.
The car went out on Monday for an alignment and now it's back in my shop for a full polish/detail.
Cairo94507
Wowzer! It looked terrific before. I can't wait until the next time I see it. beerchug.gif
euro911
drooley.gif

I could never own a car that looks that nice - I'd be afraid to drive/park it anywhere sad.gif
sb914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 25 2017, 01:27 PM) *

drooley.gif

I could never own a car that looks that nice - I'd be afraid to drive/park it anywhere sad.gif

agree.gif I can't even leave my pos alone without worrying about some dickwad fuching with it .
Dion
Socalandy your car is absolutely a benchmark !! Absolutely stunning
Many miles of enjoyment wished for you.
Cairo94507
SoCalAndy's car is indeed very nice; this one is Jim's though. They are both stunning examples.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.