Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
sb914
Wow! Great work. first.gif
banananose914
I"ll do what I can to make you proud. Thanks, dude. You kicked some major ass. No regrets or disappointments.
ndfrigi
Wow Sir Jim your car is finally done with Kent's expertise! Is it at your house now for assembly? I noticed ur going to Cars and Coffee Aliso Viejo tomorrow. hope I can join u guys also.

Nice seeing both Jim and Andy's car that was done at Kent's shop!

Click to view attachment
euro911
Nothing short of awesome. Nary a ripple, nor a ding on it aktion035.gif

... wished I could afford to offer that kind of treatment to any of my cars ... sad2.gif
db9146
I don't know about you guys but I can spot a problem from here....a big problem.

There is no way I'd want to touch that to start putting it back together. I'd be too afraid to nick that beautiful paint. Wow! Fantastic job!!!
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Aug 19 2016, 09:58 PM) *

I"ll do what I can to make you proud. Thanks, dude. You kicked some major ass. No regrets or disappointments.

Thanks Jim,
You came in as a customer and left as a friend. I look forward to coming out and helping with some of the assymbly, I'll work for food. biggrin.gif
Thanks again,
Kent S.
Krieger
Absolutely stunning work! I went back and read the entire thread. I never do that. .first.gif
Socalandy
Well I decided Jim's beautiful car needs to be seen and share some assembly pictures. We are getting close to completion and it's been a lot of work and fun. Enjoy the pics and I will keep updating this thread as we wrap this restoration up aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
type.gif
Socalandy
rolleyes.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
until next weekend beerchug.gif
euro911
drooley.gif
banananose914
Hey Andy and Kent. Yous guys are kicking ass and the car is coming along great. Once I get over this bout of vaginitis, we are going to celebrate. I figure a lunch at 7-11 eating one of their radioactive hot dogs ought to do the trick. A word of advice for anyone doing a restoration, save all your wires and do not unravel the wiring harness. Among other things. Oh, and have some guys on hand who know what the hell they're doing. I love you sons a bitches!
defianty
Stunning work!
80cap
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1497241362.jpg
I am about to install my transmission and I saw this picture of the rear mounts. Is the large cup washer under the trans mount or above? The inter web shows it above.
Brian
rgalla9146
QUOTE(80cap @ Jun 12 2017, 08:15 AM) *

I am about to install my transmission and I saw this picture of the rear mounts. Is the large cup washer under the trans mount or above? The inter web shows it above.
Brian

The cup washer belongs above the trans arm facing down.
80cap
Thanks ! That is what I thought.
rgalla9146
Oh yeah, this too.
Terrible pic and messy setting.
April 2009....drove it to Hershey three days later after full engine rebuild
gms
Outstanding!
KELTY360
Beautiful! Love seeing a narrow body restoration.
euro911
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 12 2017, 05:40 AM) *
QUOTE(80cap @ Jun 12 2017, 08:15 AM) *
Brian
The cup washer belongs above the trans arm facing down.
IPB Image
Socalandy
settle down guys, with two guys and no lift we were busy with the front mount and quickly hung it.
banananose914
This is what happens when you let the owner of the car help with the restoration. Let that be a lesson to you, Andy and Kent. I told you to keep me away from my car. You idiots!
euro911
laugh.gif
banananose914
After four hours of troubleshooting, Andy, Kent and our resident electrical engineer Bob, were able to get the fan on the windshield defroster to work. On all three speeds no less. I have owned seven 914's, and this is the only fan that would actually work as designed. Maybe I was just buying the wrong 914's. More breakthroughs to come.
Matty900
Beautiful work. Do you have a photo of where the stainless steel fuel rail goes and what the clips look like? Mpst photos of a 6 in the car do not loik up under the latch at the rail or they use alternative lines to the carbs
Cairo94507
Car looks beautiful -stunning. I can't wait to see mine in that condition.
Larmo63
If you are going to have two people put your 914-6 back together after new paint & restoration, Andy and Kent are two great guys.

Meticulous is an understatement. This car looks even better in person.
Luke M
Looking good there boys.

I see the trans was converted to side shift is there any pics of the shift rod installed?
Just wondering is you guys went with an aftermarket or home made solution ?
banananose914
Hey Matt. Here is a picture of the panel between the trunk and engine compartment with one of the three clips attached. The second picture is of the fuel rail and a better view of the clip. Let me know if you have any other questions. JimClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
banananose914
Hey Luke. I went with the Patrick Motorsports set up. I figured that in the interest of not cutting a corner, I would just buy that one. I just sandblasted it today and painted it with satin black paint. It is shipped with a gold zinc coating. Jim
Blue6
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 12 2017, 11:53 AM) *

This is what happens when you let the owner of the car help with the restoration. Let that be a lesson to you, Andy and Kent. I told you to keep me away from my car. You idiots!

Agreed, just stay out of the way and let the pros work. Also think about letting someone drive it for you when it's finished. Maybe a good friend or neighbor. idea.gif
banananose914
Although the windshield is in, it's not yet in the car. I waited about two months to get it. I'll let you know if it was worth the price and the wait. I also attached a picture of the NOS air leaner box. I gave the old one to Kent for helping me out. Now that I know how to post pictures, you guys are in trouble. Jim
ndfrigi
wow sir Jim, you're putting more value into your orange everyday! When the car is done, it will be valued to $$$,$$$.$$
banananose914
Here are some early pictures of the car and one of the donor cars. LClick to view attachment
banananose914
Click to view attachment
banananose914
More
banananose914
More
banananose914
Last one for today
Luke M
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 13 2017, 05:08 PM) *

Hey Luke. I went with the Patrick Motorsports set up. I figured that in the interest of not cutting a corner, I would just buy that one. I just sandblasted it today and painted it with satin black paint. It is shipped with a gold zinc coating. Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info.
Great looking car and Keep the pics coming.

beerchug.gif
euro911
Really nice transition, Jim beerchug.gif

Hope to see it in person (if I ever get any of mine running again) laugh.gif
krazykonrad
Looks great! How did you do the manufacturing date sticker? Looks brand new.

Konrad
euro911
Socalandy is the source for the stickers
banananose914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 15 2017, 11:03 AM) *

We're working on it this Sunday. If you're around come on down. Send me a PM with your number or I'll send you mine. I'm always open to show off the car and take any constructive criticism.
banananose914
Some more pictures. Valances, rocker panels and early inner door handle
euro911
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 15 2017, 08:57 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 15 2017, 11:03 AM) *

We're working on it this Sunday. If you're around come on down. Send me a PM with your number or I'll send you mine. I'm always open to show off the car and take any constructive criticism.
I haven't seen anything to criticize so far. Andy has my #, but I'll PM you too ...
porschetub
truly amazing ..really way out of my space but worth it for a car like yours.well done.
db9146
Jim,

Did you source new rockers or refurbish?

The work is fantastic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.