Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL: WCR 2017 Thread Mammoth Lakes June 1, 2, 3, 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
green914
The room is booked piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
[quote name='Cracker' date='Nov 22 2016, 09:43 PM' post='2426027']
The "plan" is to trailer out, do WCR & a track day at Sonoma - that would be the ideal scenario. If a date (track day) can't be arranged I seriously have to consider just flying out with my son and renting a car - to trailer or not to trailer? It makes a 9 day difference in the schedule.

T

[quote name='Andyrew' date='Nov 22 2016, 05:55

Tony,

Are you going to trailer it out or fly? smile.gif
[/quote]
[/quote]

You can drop your trailer the night before your Sonoma event at my shop. Quiet, safe, gated at night, so pretty secure. 15 minutes or so from the track gates.
Keith914
Hotel room booked beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
I called the 800 number. They took my credit card info and gave me a confirmation number. piratenanner.gif
Cracker
Rob - Thanks for the offer...I'll keep that in mind for sure. Allot of gaps in the schedule this far out...

Tony

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 23 2016, 09:41 PM) *

You can drop your trailer the night before your Sonoma event at my shop. Quiet, safe, gated at night, so pretty secure. 15 minutes or so from the track gates.

piscean914
[quote name='ConeDodger' date='Nov 23 2016, 07:41 PM' post='2426446']
[quote name='Cracker' date='Nov 22 2016, 09:43 PM' post='2426027']
The "plan" is to trailer out, do WCR & a track day at Sonoma - that would be the ideal scenario. If a date (track day) can't be arranged I seriously have to consider just flying out with my son and renting a car - to trailer or not to trailer? It makes a 9 day difference in the schedule.

T

[quote name='Andyrew' date='Nov 22 2016, 05:55

what/where is the track event at sonoma? - sear's point? - i've driven there before, but public/club days are hard to come by - just curious! b
Steve
My room is booked
76-914
Booked! In like Flint!
stevend914
Sent to this site looking for other info and happened to see this event. Joined 914World and very interested in this event. Did I miss out on registration? Will check on room availability tomorrow.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Dec 13 2016, 10:29 PM) *

Sent to this site looking for other info and happened to see this event. Joined 914World and very interested in this event. Did I miss out on registration? Will check on room availability tomorrow.

Steven,
No. you did not miss out. I imagine people will register right up until the week before. We haven't come up with an actual cost to register yet, but you can certainly book your room. Instructions for that in the first post.
This is a great event and having it in the Mammoth Yosemite area! Wow!
ConeDodger
Oh, and welcome.png
stevend914
Hotel reservation completed
ConeDodger
Are you signed up for your hotel room? piratenanner.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Chris914n6
Anyone want to split a room with me?

After driving.gif the 914 to Route66 I'm going to be Poorische laugh.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 29 2016, 03:26 PM) *

Anyone want to split a room with me?

After driving.gif the 914 to Route66 I'm going to be Poorische laugh.gif

Hell I might just want to split one at both event's Chris. I'm right here with you idea.gif .So I'm good splitting for both if you are
Larmo63
The Route 66 and WCR are sure getting me motivated to drop that six into my car!!!!

I'm booking my room as we speak.
Cracker
"Anyone"
If I can still make it out...anyone looking to "camp" can use my hauler. I will have two air mattresses and a couple of blankets (a sleeping bag and you're golden!). My son and I will be "camping" out and back but will be enjoying modern conveniences at Mammoth Lakes - a break per say. Make yourself at home.

Tony
mgp4591
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 29 2016, 07:54 PM) *

Anyone,
If I can still make it out...anyone looking to "camp" can use my hauler. I will have two air mattresses and a couple of blankets (a sleeping bag and you're golden!). My son and I will be "camping" out and back but will be enjoying modern conveniences at Mammoth Lakes - a break per say. Make yourself at home.

Tony

I'll take you up on that Tony - my plans are still up in the air so committing to a room isn't feasible and I was thinking of a camping solution. It's such a beautiful area an I'm fully geared anyway being in the mountains as I am so it's a good opportunity!
Cracker
You got it Mike...room for at least one more, the teener will be in there too (so no building camp fires - in the trailer! Happy new years!

Tony

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 30 2016, 05:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 29 2016, 07:54 PM) *

Anyone,

Tony

I'll take you up on that Tony - my plans are still up in the air so committing to a room isn't feasible and I was thinking of a camping solution. It's such a beautiful area an I'm fully geared anyway being in the mountains as I am so it's a good opportunity!
ConeDodger
Days off requested? Got your room? cheer.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 15 2017, 08:05 PM) *

Days off requested? Got your room? cheer.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Every day's a Saturday for me. Room reserved. Just waiting on registration info.

michael7810
Just booked my room for my first WCR. Yippee
green914
4 hours, 25 minutes of fun driving.gif No problem!
second wind
I am going for sure but unsure where I am staying. I did a week up there three years ago and did Bodie and lots of other dirt roads. Engine melted a couple weeks later due to dust and dirt clogging oil cooler and cylinder fins. No dirt roads for me ever again and I advise against it for everyone. Jus' sayin'....
gg
Keith914
Room is booked.
jim_hoyland
We may have snow on the mountain if another 10 feet fall
MartyYeoman
agree.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 16 2017, 04:12 PM) *

agree.gif

Getting in to Yosemite Valley may be a problem. In 2016, Tioga Pass (Hwy 120) was closed when I tried to get in on May 15. Not sure when it finally opened.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 16 2017, 04:37 PM) *

agree.gif

Getting in to Yosemite Valley may be a problem. In 2016, Tioga Pass (Hwy 120) was closed when I tried to get in on May 15. Not sure when it finally opened.

It's was mid June last year iirc.
Rand
QUOTE(second wind @ Jan 16 2017, 03:36 PM) *

I did a week up there three years ago and did Bodie and lots of other dirt roads. Engine melted a couple weeks later due to dust and dirt clogging oil cooler and cylinder fins. No dirt roads for me ever again and I advise against it for everyone. Jus' sayin'....
gg

I'm goin to jus say, you should clean things after driving on dusty roads if you have oil seepage collecting it. wacko.gif Our resident dirt rally racer Moggy could offer some input on that. Don't blame the road for your maintenance fail. Driving to Bodie is worthwhile. It's not that bad.
PlantMan

I was there the first week of June last year and there was still skiing on the mountain. There is more snow this year (soon to be over 300") than last so I would anticipate the possibility of skiing if anyone is interested.
Fishing is good during the first week in June too. Plenty of lakes to land some big fish! Save room for your gear.
If you guys are interested in a place on the water (Lower Twin Lakes), check-out Tamarack Lodge. You will have to pay a few dollars more but the scenery is great!
don-6
I attended the 2014 WCR in Lake Tahoe. On the way up I tried to visit Bodie. The first couple of miles of the road are paved, but once I hit the dirt portion, I gave up and turned around. My car is just too low, and sprung too stiff. I look forward to visiting next time I am traveling through in my truck.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Jan 16 2017, 05:17 PM) *

If you guys are interested in a place on the water (Lower Twin Lakes), check-out Tamarack Lodge. You will have to pay a few dollars more but the scenery is great!

Checked it out; thinking of staying there Wed prior to WCR. There is an internet special rate available
Rand
QUOTE(don-6 @ Jan 16 2017, 05:55 PM) *

I attended the 2014 WCR in Lake Tahoe. On the way up I tried to visit Bodie. The first couple of miles of the road are paved, but once I hit the dirt portion, I gave up and turned around. My car is just too low, and sprung too stiff. I look forward to visiting next time I am traveling through in my truck.

You missed a great place. There's nothing on that road that would interfere with a lowered car. I do get the washboardy torture in spots. But dang, it bums me when people turn away from great life experiences when SO close because of minor creature comforts. Seize the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te_zQxcRVvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Te_zQxcRVvM

Mowog4
I don't mean to sound like a noob, but what is the WCR? Sounds like a 914 event, if so it'd be fun to make the drive up from Phoenix. 1st of June means I will probably tow it up, but seems doable.
ed
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 16 2017, 08:29 PM) *

I don't mean to sound like a noob, but what is the WCR? Sounds like a 914 event, if so it'd be fun to make the drive up from Phoenix. 1st of June means I will probably tow it up, but seems doable.
ed

West Coast Ramble/Ralley
Rand
Or West Coast Classic if you go back so far. It's an annual meeting. If you can make it, it's a gathering of a bunch of us meeting that's worthwhile to actually meet in person at a super cool place.
michael7810

ed

C'mon man, we can caravan from Phoenix. I'll leave either very early or very late and probably make it a 2 day drive.
Mowog4
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jan 17 2017, 05:38 AM) *

ed

C'mon man, we can caravan from Phoenix. I'll leave either very early or very late and probably make it a 2 day drive.

It'll be a little toasty, but I am up for it. Let's do it. I'll have to tie up a few loose ends, primarily finishing my car. Luckily it is pretty close.
Ed
michael7810
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 17 2017, 08:21 AM) *

ed

It'll be a little toasty, but I am up for it. Let's do it. I'll have to tie up a few loose ends, primarily finishing my car. Luckily it is pretty close.
Ed

OK. We might get a couple more making the trek from AZ
Mowog4
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jan 17 2017, 09:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 17 2017, 08:21 AM) *

ed

Ed

OK. We might get a couple more making the trek from AZ

MYbe pick up some of the Vegas guys
green914
icon_bump.gif
JustinMeier
I'm still in for this, haven't booked a room yet because money is very tight right now mad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Jan 18 2017, 12:03 PM) *

I'm still in for this, haven't booked a room yet because money is very tight right now mad.gif

Justin,
If I recall correctly, the deposit is one night so if your total would be $375 they charge you $125 deposit.
Cracker
Justin,

I mentioned this earlier in this thread and the offer still stands (in the event that my son and I can still make it, of course) - I have one air mattress left in my trailer; one has been taken. I believe "he" swings right (he has a couple grown children) but cannot guarantee it. poke.gif

Free lodging might be worth the risk. shades.gif

You can even use our hotel shower if you'd like...

Tony

QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Jan 18 2017, 10:03 AM) *

Mowog4
I am booked
mgp4591
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 18 2017, 04:30 PM) *

Justin,

I mentioned this earlier in this thread and the offer still stands (in the event that my son and I can still make it, of course) - I have one air mattress left in my trailer; one has been taken. I believe "he" swings right (he has a couple grown children) but cannot guarantee it. poke.gif

Tony

Company would be good... shades.gif
Cracker
If it gets too cold...you have options. piratenanner.gif

T

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 18 2017, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 18 2017, 04:30 PM) *

Justin,

Tony

Company would be good... shades.gif

Mikey914
Checking in at MMH 1/20/17
My flight attendant in her bikini
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 20 2017, 04:51 PM) *

Checking in at MMH 1/20/17
My flight attendant in her bikini

I can almost make out the steam rising off the hot tub. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.