Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Mike D.
what writing your name in the snow?!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2017, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 31 2017, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2017, 01:34 PM) *
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 31 2017, 10:32 AM) *
Slight confusion on the parking arrangement, They thought we wanted just some spots reserved, which I clarified we wanted the whole area. We might be taking the back lot. Should have plenty of space for us.

The backlot looks nicer anyways ...
shades.gif

Its also further away from prying eyes.

And closer to natures bathroom.
biggrin.gif

Bears ?.... sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 31 2017, 06:46 PM) *
Bears ?.... sad.gif

Naaaa, bears don't like to hang out where there's a lot of mountain lions ...
shades.gif
Andyrew
So cal peeps,

Anyone driving up tomorrow have room for the shirts and sweatshirts?
One big bag and box.

I have lawrence driving up on Friday and he is planning on bringing them but if anyone can meet/receive Oldschool (Jamie) tonight he has all the shirts/sweatshirts ready to go.

I just want to give one more go before I conclude that we cant have the shirts/sweatshirts on thursday night..

Give me a call

Thanks!
Rand
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2017, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 31 2017, 06:46 PM) *
Bears ?.... sad.gif

Naaaa, bears don't like to hang out where there's a lot of mountain lions ...
shades.gif

laugh.gif first.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2017, 02:00 PM) *

And closer to natures bathroom.

Didn't you learn your lesson last time Andy? devil.gif
second wind
Weather Update.....friend just left area......so warm at night had to leave all windows open.....foot of snow next day...back to warm...80 degrees....streams so loud don't plan on any sleep....plus rumor has it dirt road in store for us.....grrrrr.....oh well....parts are available.....
gg
Rand
QUOTE(second wind @ May 31 2017, 07:51 PM) *

Weather Update.....friend just left area......so warm at night had to leave all windows open.....foot of snow next day...back to warm...80 degrees....streams so loud don't plan on any sleep....plus rumor has it dirt road in store for us.....grrrrr.....oh well....parts are available.....
gg

Those are also reasons to love it. The Sierras are awesome. Can't get awesome without variables. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Only dirt road I saw was about 1/4 of a mile to get to the front of Mono lake. Now bumpy road I cant comment on. I bet we will get a few bumpy roads and maybe even the first park road drive is bumpy and we have to slow our pace.

If anything gets bad then well turn around and have an adventure smile.gif

Weather shows no rain or snow and clear skys with highs of mid 70s all weekend.
jim_hoyland
Up and packing.......gonna get rolling around 4... smile.gif
green914
On hWY 50 heading to Lake Tahoe.
Robnxious
QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 1 2017, 07:23 AM) *

Drive safe Jerry, your car is looking fantastic!
green914
QUOTE(Robnxious @ Jun 1 2017, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 1 2017, 07:23 AM) *

Drive safe Jerry, your car is looking fantastic!

I wish it looked as good close up.
piscean914
HELP!!!!!

hi - my 914 died here in reno (i drove from seattle) - i think that the cylinder head sensor failed - my wife and i are going to rent a car, and have AAA tow the 914 to the event, in hopes that someone will be able to help out (and help us avoid a tow back to seattle) - if there are any mechanic types, guys with parts, etc., that could help out, it would be most appreciated!!! - my cell is 206 xxx xxxx - we should be at the hotel by 5pm - the 914 may be there tonight or tomorrow - glad it failed here in civilization!!!

thanks, brad from seattle
piscean914
QUOTE(piscean914 @ Jun 1 2017, 12:12 PM) *

HELP!!!!!

hi - my 914 died here in reno (i drove from seattle) - i think that the cylinder head sensor failed - my wife and i are going to rent a car, and have AAA tow the 914 to the event, in hopes that someone will be able to help out (and help us avoid a tow back to seattle) - if there are any mechanic types, guys with parts, etc., that could help out, it would be most appreciated!!! - my cell is 206 xxx xxxx - we should be at the hotel by 5pm - the 914 may be there tonight or tomorrow - glad it failed here in civilization!!!

just received a call from jerry who recommended a few local mechanics - called and it's lunch time in reno - at the least, i will try to get the part (also need modified socket to change out sensor) - thanks very much for the quick response - fyi: i'm on a flip phone and laptop! b
Andyrew
QUOTE(piscean914 @ Jun 1 2017, 12:35 PM) *

HELP!!!!!

hi - my 914 died here in reno (i drove from seattle) - i think that the cylinder head sensor failed - my wife and i are going to rent a car, and have AAA tow the 914 to the event, in hopes that someone will be able to help out (and help us avoid a tow back to seattle) - if there are any mechanic types, guys with parts, etc., that could help out, it would be most appreciated!!! - my cell is 206 612 7446 - we should be at the hotel by 5pm - the 914 may be there tonight or tomorrow - glad it failed here in civilization!!!

just received a call from jerry who recommended a few local mechanics - called and it's lunch time in reno - at the least, i will try to get the part (also need modified socket to change out sensor) - thanks very much for the quick response - fyi: i'm on a flip phone and laptop! b

sad.gif
I know Cary is bringing everything and I believe someone else is bringing everything. There is pleanty of know how in the group to be able to fix it!!
cary
what year and engine is the car?

I don't have a spare cht. are you still in reno?
cary
I didn't read the second post.
You get part and slotted socket. I have all the rest of the weaponry.
Steve
Just arrived at Mammoth
Here's a picture in front of my house.
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Come on by for registration! Well be here till 9am and back here at 830am!
bdstone914
Do you mean stay there til 9 PM ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(piscean914 @ Jun 1 2017, 04:35 PM) *

HELP!!!!!

hi - my 914 died here in reno (i drove from seattle) - i think that the cylinder head sensor failed - my wife and i are going to rent a car, and have AAA tow the 914 to the event, in hopes that someone will be able to help out (and help us avoid a tow back to seattle) - if there are any mechanic types, guys with parts, etc., that could help out, it would be most appreciated!!! - my cell is 206 612 7446 - we should be at the hotel by 5pm - the 914 may be there tonight or tomorrow - glad it failed here in civilization!!!

Just seeing this now. EBS In Reno might have your part. Ask for Don Weaver but John would know too.

Reno Rennsport if you aren't in to fixing it yourself...
Mueller
That is too much matching luggage Jim, sure you are not a 911 owner? smile.gif
jim_hoyland

HELP!!!!!

I have a spare CHT sensor
green914
Jim these are just cool shades.gif
Wish you guys were here.
Thanks,
Jerry
Steve
Nice lodge
Click to view attachment
piscean914
hey guys - BIG THANKS to jerry, valley wagen of carson city, the guys who called and posted, and my wife for helping out BIG TIME to get my 914 fixed (i think/hope) - valley changed out the sensor with one they had from a pulled working engine - the car ran fine all the way up here - we got in around 8:30 pm - my wife has the rental chase car, just in case - hopefully that's the end of the problem - had a great meal at the bar/grill in the lodge - i heard that gas is in town about 4 miles away - now i need a spare cht sensor and notched socket for my spare parts kit!!! - that's it for now - see you at 9:14 am or earlier!!! thanks again, brad
Elliot Cannon
This really looks like a good one. Good turn out at a great location. So sorry I couldn't make it but I'm stuck here in Barcelona. sad.gif Oh well, at least I got to swim in the Med. yesterday. biggrin.gif

Cheers. Elliot
StratPlayer
Jerry that looks damn good, hope you have a great time at the rally. beer3.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 2 2017, 05:19 AM) *

This really looks like a good one. Good turn out at a great location. So sorry I couldn't make it but I'm stuck here in Barcelona. sad.gif Oh well, at least I got to swim in the Med. yesterday. biggrin.gif

Cheers. Elliot

So sorry Elliot. sad.gif it's such a shame you had to go to Spain. Nothing to see, nothing to do... blink.gif
Justinp71
Wow! Looks like a blast guys! Hopefully I can make the next one.
Keith914
agree.gif
Steve
I went skiing today instead of the drive. I will do the next drive tomorrow.
Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 2 2017, 02:17 PM) *

[attachmentid

Are you doing a back flip?
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 2 2017, 03:12 PM) *

[attachmentid

Are you doing a back flip?

I was trying to mimic the snow boarders doing flips
914-300Hemi

Click to view attachment

That is a great plan. Now I'm really sad that I'm not there.
michael7810
I made it back to Phoenix. Took 12 hours, 115 lbs of ice and 123 lbs of fuel. The B-Kool uses a lot of ice but at least 250 miles of my drive were 105+F and I was very comfortable. Many thanks to Andy and his helpers for hosting this outstanding event. Plus a thumbs up to 914Rubber Tangerine Racing PMB sierra Madre and all the other World vendors who donated goodies and support. Chris set the friggin bar higher than anyone can ever exceed with his generous and way cool metal work trophies and awards. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones.
Finally thanks to Sir Andy for starting the best online community.
Mike
Ps if Kent offers to sell you a 914Rubber dash please PM me...
green914
Hope everyone had a fun, and safe driving.gif home. smile.gif
We had a great time and would like to thank Andrew, and his helpers for putting together a fun event.
Big thanks to all the venders/sponsors for the really neat prizes they donate to the fun.
agree.gif Wow Chris! Great work first.gif
Great to see everyone, and hope to see everyone again next year.
bye1.gif
ConeDodger
Nicho living it up!
76-914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 4 2017, 08:04 PM) *

I made it back to Phoenix. Took 12 hours, 115 lbs of ice and 123 lbs of fuel. The B-Kool uses a lot of ice but at least 250 miles of my drive were 105+F and I was very comfortable. Many thanks to Andy and his helpers for hosting this outstanding event. Plus a thumbs up to 914Rubber Tangerine Racing PMB sierra Madre and all the other World vendors who donated goodies and support. Chris set the friggin bar higher than anyone can ever exceed with his generous and way cool metal work trophies and awards. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones.
Finally thanks to Sir Andy for starting the best online community.
Mike
Ps if Kent offers to sell you a 914Rubber dash please PM me...

Too funny. I won't sell of your dash top. lol-2.gif It is safe in my storage. On the way home a guy towing a 356 passed me towing my 914. That might be the only 356 that ever passed a 914. lol-2.gif It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Hats off to all that made this event possible. There was "a Lot of Work" and planning that went into this event and it showed. beerchug.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 4 2017, 09:12 PM) *

Nicho living it up!

That's awesome.
Andyrew
All,

I want to thank everyone who made this event possible.

Rob Sime(ConeDodger)- Nametags, Poker run, some Sponsors and general support
Mike Bellis - Fliers, Recon run, and general support
Marty Yeoman - Recon run and general support
Chris Baker(tygaboy) - Amazing signs and awards(OMG level of work)
Lawrence Wach (Larmo63) - Picking up the shirts/hoodies at 4am
John Malone(Jmalone) - for suggesting HWY 168 which lead me to Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest.
Tony Hull(Cracker) - Tow support for all the runs, Never has a 914 had so much torque biggrin.gif

All our sponsors:
Yosemite Region PCA: Hosting us and providing insurance
914SIG (Bob Saville): Providing PCA guidance and financial backing
914rubber.com: Providing amazing t shirts and fantastic products for the raffle
MSDS: Great T shirts
Camp914: Raffle prize support
Sierra Madre Collection: Generous gift card and amazing mugs
Restoration Design: Awesome key chains which doubled as centerpieces biggrin.gif and raffle prize
PMB Performance: Generous Poker Run prize of rebuilt calipers
FourteenerMotoring Magazine: Sample magazines and a generous helping of subscriptions
Tangerine Racing: Awesome 914 Spatula and raffle prizes
Original Customs: Awesome T shirts
Jaime Meja (Oldschool) - Shirts/hoodies through his company American Printwerks
Chris Baker(tygaboy) - Amazing signs and awards(Yes I'll repeat myself here...) welder.gif
Carmagic.us - Coupons for Raffle Prize
914werke - Gave up his 914 spatula from last year, also great raffle prizes (Contact him for Tow Bars)
Elliot Cannon - Great (and generous) emergency key chains!

All our trophy makers -
Mike Mueller(Mueller)- AWESOME lazer etched light up trophy
Jamie Rust(Jrust) - Fantastic trophies that only I and Rob/Nico will see biggrin.gif
Chris Baker(tygaboy) - For again, those simply AMAZING signs and awards. He does this as a side business FYI!

I also want to thank All our members who made it and even those who only wished they could make it! You guys are what made this event so great. You all helped with the little things you did, the constant offerings of support, and the great suggestions that were made throughout the entire event!

Will I do this again? Not for many, many years as I timed this one pretty poorly on a personal note.

I already have heard interest from key parties for next year's event and they are anxious to get it going! We just need to find someone to head it up, unless the persons who contacted me are looking to head it up.

For those that did not get their large T shirts, I will keep you informed about when they are coming in and make sure they get sent out ASAP. For those that have purchased a T shirt for me to ship, I will be getting to that shortly. Still recovering from work/home life catching up on me.

Rand
Kudos to you's Andyrews. It took a lot of work to coordinate this thing, and it sure looks like an epic success. smilie_pokal.gif
second wind
Thank you Andyrew!!! I think YOU were the most amazing group leader and organizer. You looked out after all of us like a summer camp leader and it was a really safe feeling and environment that you provided. Of course thanks to all of the people you mentioned.....have fun with the new baby!!
gg
piscean914
thanks very much to all - we made it back to seattle on monday - no problem - again, a big thanks to everyone, especially ANDREW, the organizers, sponsors, amazing metal dude, JERRY FOR HELPING ME OUT BIG TIME, etc - we had a great time - the location was fantastic, great amenities, laid back, etc. - the geography was daunting, to say the least, but driving these old porsche's at high altitude, in the middle of nowhere, is what it's all about!!! PLEASE POST PHOTOS - thanks again - hope to see you next year!!! brad in seattle
Mike Bellis
Snow in Mammoth today.

Good timing Andrew! smile.gif

http://mammothsnowman.com/mammoth-mountain-weather/
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 11 2017, 09:14 PM) *

Snow in Mammoth today.
Good timing Andrew! smile.gif
http://mammothsnowman.com/mammoth-mountain-weather/

Funny, i was just about to post that ...
biggrin.gif
Andyrew
There certainly was a lot of LUCK to be had that weekend, for good and bad. It ended up working out just fine driving.gif
Matty900
Had another one to share.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.