lol-2.gif av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 30 2017, 07:59 PM) *

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

biggrin.gif so, you're coming then?
Chris914n6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 28 2017, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 28 2017, 01:05 PM) *

I flipped a coin and a working upstairs AC unit and new roof won.

May the roads of your Journey be clear beerchug.gif

Unacceptable! Flip it again! mad.gif

No shirts.
No sponsors.
No routes.

What's my incentive to flip the coin again poke.gif

BTW, it's not called a Nissan SnowFinder av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 12:54 PM) *
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 29 2017, 09:25 PM) *
I've got a hotel reservation but I am about 95% sure I can't make it this year. Haven't had much car time so my conversion is at a stand still. Won't be ready in time. Plus I am buying a house & my lease is up the end of May. So I've just got way to much going on. If something changes I'll try to make it but it is not very likely sad.gif . Only be the second WC R I have missed in quite a while

Yeh, nope... I'm buying a house too. I close on the 19th of this month, if the sellers make the repairs as agreed... dry.gif see you at WCR. av-943.gif

I seldomly agree with the dodger of cones but i'm also buying a house (in escrow, hoping to close within the next 2 weeks) and my official move-in date is June 1st (!).

So yeah, i'll see y'all at the WCR ...
driving.gif
Andyrew
Shirts will be following shortly. Oldschool is going to be doing the shirts for us with his company http://apwerksmerch.com/, I havent gotten the final pricing so I didnt want to offer shirts and hoodies out just yet. Also we were getting the sponsors finalized, but this is where we are at with the sponsors.

914SIG
914Rubber
Camp914
Sierra Madre Collection
MSDS
Restoration Design
PMB Performance
Original Customs
Summit Racing
Gateway Classic Cars
Fourteener Motoring Magazine
Elliot Cannon
carmagic.us

As for Routes. One day is dedicated to local drives which we have plenty of nice 1-2hr drives to the local lakes through some exceptionally windy roads that will jamb pack everyone and let them drive as much or as little as they want.

Another day is dedicated to going to Yosemite through the amazing highway 120. Or if that is closed then we will be heading to south lake Tahoe through highway 395.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 30 2017, 11:03 PM) *

I've got a hotel reservation but I am about 95% sure I can't make it this year. Haven't had much car time so my conversion is at a stand still. Won't be ready in time. Plus I am buying a house & my lease is up the end of May. So I've just got way to much going on. If something changes I'll try to make it but it is not very likely sad.gif . Only be the second WC R I have missed in quite a while

Yeh, nope... I'm buying a house too. I close on the 19th of this month, if the sellers make the repairs as agreed... dry.gif see you at WCR. av-943.gif

I seldomly agree with the dodger of cones but i'm also buying a house (in escrow, hoping to close within the next 2 weeks) and my official move-in date is June 1st (!).

driving.gif

Yah! See? Andy agrees with.. Hey! Wait! What? blink.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 07:34 PM) *

driving.gif

Yes but you guys are both much more amazing than myself. I leave for Utah this week to watch my daughter graduate. Once I get back I have to find my new house. Then get my house all ready to move. Which would be no problem. IF it wasn't for my shop & all the 914 shit I have to move too. None of which leave's me any time to finish my new motor conversion. Which is mocked up in place & that is it. Believe me if there is a chance I would like nothing more than to come. I did say there was a 5% chance rolleyes.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ May 1 2017, 12:30 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 07:34 PM) *

driving.gif

Yes but you guys are both much more amazing than myself. I leave for Utah this week to watch my daughter graduate. Once I get back I have to find my new house. Then get my house all ready to move. Which would be no problem. IF it wasn't for my shop & all the 914 shit I have to move too. None of which leave's me any time to finish my new motor conversion. Which is mocked up in place & that is it. Believe me if there is a chance I would like nothing more than to come. I did say there was a 5% chance rolleyes.gif

5%?

Oh, so we'll see you there then! first.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 09:56 PM) *

5%?

Oh, so we'll see you there then! first.gif

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 09:56 PM) *

5%?

Oh, so we'll see you there then! evilgrin.gif

IPB Image

Sorry I had to... biggrin.gif

PS. This scene actually took place in a ski resort lol-2.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 05:03 PM) *

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Well considering who hired me, I'd probably better not....
And it probably doesn't sit better with you knowing I've registered for Octeenerfest! shades.gif rolleyes.gif
olsib914
Sorry this year will be a miss. 914 went down for rehab..motor,trans,body and paint..minor things.. Reservation canceled
Olsib 914 yet another Mike (but first name Thomas)
Palmer
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 1 2017, 03:18 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 05:03 PM) *

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Well considering who hired me, I'd probably better not....
And it probably doesn't sit better with you knowing I've registered for Octeenerfest! shades.gif rolleyes.gif

Trust me on this, you give them that note, you're going to get some time off. They'll even help you carry your stuff to your car and make sure you find your way off the property... blink.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
I see Leamon lurking. Could it be? Could we be seeing Leamon for WCR again? piratenanner.gif
green914
Any of you driving.gif from the Reno/Tahoe area want to meet up somewhere on 395 and caravan driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving.gif too Mammoth?
JustinMeier
QUOTE(olsib914 @ May 1 2017, 09:23 AM) *

Sorry this year will be a miss. 914 went down for rehab..motor,trans,body and paint..minor things.. Reservation canceled
Olsib 914 yet another Mike (but first name Thomas)
Palmer

I'm in the same boat.. Knock on #3, need to move the oil cooler and fuel pump to the front before I can do another trip. 250* oil temps aren't fun.
Andyrew
Registration closed! PM me if you still want to come, as at this point we have to make special accommodations or considerations.

Final count is 47 guests!

jim_hoyland - Paid 1 Participant Registration
tygaboy - Paid 1 Participant + 3 Guests Registration
Andyrew - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
Cracker - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration + 1 Extra Shirt
VegasRacer - Paid 1 Participant Registration
michael7810 - Paid 1 Participant Registration
Cary - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
green914 - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
Mowog4 - Paid 1 Participant Registration
Keith914 - Paid 1 Participant Registration
Piscean914 - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
76-914 - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
stevend914 - Paid 1 Participant Registration
Mike Bellis- Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
dtjaden- Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration + 1 Extra Shirt
Steve - Paid 1 Participant Registration
don-6 - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
Mike D. - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration + 1 Extra Shirt
Wes - Paid 1 Participant Registration
ConeDodger - Paid 1 Participant + 3 Guests Registration + 3 Extra Shirt
Heeltoe914 - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Extra Shirt
Dgrooover -Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
SirAndy - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
dlkawashima - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
jmalone - Paid 1 Participant + 1 Guests Registration
Larmo63 Paid 1 Participant Registration
second wind [color=#006600]Paid 1 Participant + 1 Extra Shirt[/color

Please see our T Shirt thread if you want to purchase a T shirt or Hoodie. Note all full participants will receive a T shirt.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=309337
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif Still time to negotiate your way in! Price may go up a bit, but this is Mammoth! We're going to freakin' Mammoth man! biggrin.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2017, 05:30 PM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif Still time to negotiate your way in! Price may go up a bit, but this is Mammoth! We're going to freakin' Mammoth man! biggrin.gif

But wait: it doesn't stop there! You'll also get a super awesome, Tygaboy (aka "Red Barn Yard Art") memento of the event! These are absolutely guaranteed to appreciate - given you paid nothing for them...

Hey, it beats a slap in the belly with a wet fish!

See you there!
Cracker
I GREATLY appreciate your enthusiasm Rob! beerchug.gif

T

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2017, 07:30 PM) *

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 2 2017, 09:48 PM) *

I GREATLY appreciate your enthusiasm Rob! beerchug.gif

T

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2017, 07:30 PM) *

Tony,
My basic job is cheerlead and advise. shades.gif + we're going to Mammoth man! biggrin.gif av-943.gif
Larmo63
I'll be there, but I will be somebody's co-pilot during the drives.

Anybody bringing guitars?
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 1 2017, 12:07 PM) *

I see Leamon lurking. Could it be? Could we be seeing Leamon for WCR again? piratenanner.gif

How are you? Yes happy to say I am 100% in the game.
Reg paid, Cars ready... BUTTTTT? May be driving a DD. I need to get to the Parts Heaven Swap Meet on Sunday by 7am in Hayward CA, 6 hours from MM? Departing MM at 10pm after banquet... Then drive back to Los Angeles down the 5 fry with 100 degree temps at 1pm after swap (this I can handle)...
So do I man up and drive the roads in a 914 from MM to Hayward at 2am in the morning?????? with Bad headlights unfamiliar roads??
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 3 2017, 12:47 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 1 2017, 12:07 PM) *

How are you? Yes happy to say I am 100% in the game.
Reg paid, Cars ready... BUTTTTT? May be driving a DD. I need to get to the Parts Heaven Swap Meet on Sunday by 7am in Hayward CA, 6 hours from MM? Departing MM at 10pm after banquet... Then drive back to Los Angeles down the 5 fry with 100 degree temps at 1pm after swap (this I can handle)...
So do I man up and drive the roads in a 914 from MM to Hayward at 2am in the morning?????? with Bad headlights unfamiliar roads??

Ha! You wouldn't be Leamon if you didn't! happy11.gif

And it's Mammoth man! cheer.gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
tygaboy
shades.gif
Andyrew
Oooh I love it!!!
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif Very cool!!!
ConeDodger
Even though there's no time, there's still time! blink.gif

PM Andyrew and late register! biggrin.gif
tygaboy
Oh... It's gonna be GOOD! aktion035.gif
Cracker
That is a very kind gesture Chris - time, materials, and talent!

Tony
Andyrew
Just flippin awesome!!

I agree, the time, materials and effort Chris is astonishing!

Thanks So much for the support!!
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 4 2017, 06:11 PM) *

That is a very kind gesture Chris - time, materials, and talent!

Tony

Well, certainly the materials! laugh.gif
Rand
That pic made me think you should create them ala baby moon wheel covers, lol.

Awesome contributions, Chris. Wow. smilie_pokal.gif
tygaboy
You are all too kind. And I won't post any more pics of what I'm putting together for the event. All I'll say is, if you like that li'l ol' thing...?

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Gotta go... sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
ConeDodger
Get your Mammoth on! WCR 2017 in 26 days! cheer.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2017, 06:01 PM) *

My basic job is cheerlead

Give me a 'M'.
Give me an 'A'.
Give me a 'M'.
Give me another 'M'.
Give me an 'O'.
Give me a 'T'.
Give me a 'H'.

What's that spell? cheer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 6 2017, 12:18 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2017, 06:01 PM) *

My basic job is cheerlead

Give me a 'M'.
Give me an 'A'.
Give me a 'M'.
Give me another 'M'.
Give me an 'O'.
Give me a 'T'.
Give me a 'H'.

What's that spell? cheer.gif

Mammories? evilgrin.gif
Cracker
My wife said she has those..really!. blink.gif

T

Mammories? evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 6 2017, 07:44 AM) *

My wife said she has those..really!. blink.gif

T

Mammories? evilgrin.gif

evilgrin.gif in that case, bring her Tony! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Get your WCR wear if you can't be there! But be there if you can!
rick 918-S
Can't do the drive fellas. sad.gif Still waiting for approval for an RFN. WTF.gif Maybe Red Rocks this year.... shades.gif Man I miss my seat time and all you guys. dry.gif
michael7810
Just curious; will summer tires be OK for the expected temps? I just looked at the Mammoth Lakes forecast and the nighttime lows are expected to be 33 and highs in the upper 50s. Will we be driving to areas considerably higher/colder than Mammoth Lakes?
Andyrew
Summer tires should be fine for the roads were taking. Its not going to snow but there might be slush on 108 if they get to plow it.

Ill be on summer tires and so will most other people.
michael7810
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 7 2017, 03:01 PM) *

Summer tires should be fine for the roads were taking. Its not going to snow but there might be slush on 108 if they get to plow it.

Ill be on summer tires and so will most other people.

Thanks Andyrew-being from Phoenix I use summer tires all year but just discovered I have to buy(at least) 2 tires before WCR so it got me thinking.
piscean914
i always carry my autosocks when in these conditions - never had to use them though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYjIDvSdzHQ
tygaboy
OK, so I lied... I decided I will post a few more sneak peeks of a couple WCR projects.

Let's start with a little signage that'll be there - just so you know you're in the right place!
Cracker
Damn Chris...that's what I'm talking about!!!

T
tygaboy
I'm not sure what exactly someone will have to do to actually win "The BallJoint Award", but this is what they'll get!
av-943.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 8 2017, 06:25 AM) *

OK, so I lied... I decided I will post a few more sneak peeks of a couple WCR projects.

Let's start with a little signage that'll be there - just so you know you're in the right place!

Chris,

I think you need to market these! That is simply amazing!
ConeDodger
Have we thought about "That Guy/Gal"... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.