Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL: WCR 2017 Thread Mammoth Lakes June 1, 2, 3, 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
tygaboy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 8 2017, 07:08 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 8 2017, 06:25 AM) *

OK, so I lied... I decided I will post a few more sneak peeks of a couple WCR projects.

Let's start with a little signage that'll be there - just so you know you're in the right place!

Chris,

I think you need to market these! That is simply amazing!

Can't sell branded stuff. This is going on my office wall!
ConeDodger
Counting down! WCR is zooming towards us! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
tygaboy
ZOOOOOM!!!!

The beauty of the plasma cutter is that the "drops" can be used to create other goodies! One of my mottos is "No metal will be left behind!"

Not sure how these will be used, just playing around at this point.

But wait 'til you see the part they came from and how it's being used in the final piece. aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
Nice!
green914
very nice! agree.gif
Cracker
Alright...I do not have a plasma cutter but we (Southern boys) do have knives! Looking forward to seeing someone win this award! And just so the winner never forgets who brought it - I am on the back! shades.gif

PS: This is carved from a solid piece of premium northern Bass wood - best damn carving wood you can get. My apologies to the "world" community - I thought sacrificing the "club" emblem was worthwhile and colorful! No offense intended... beerchug.gif

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 9 2017, 03:48 PM) *

Alright...I do not have a plasma cutter but we (Southern boys) do have knives! Looking forward to seeing someone win this award! And just so the winner never forgets who brought it - I am on the back! shades.gif

PS: This is carved from a solid piece of premium northern Bass wood - best damn carving wood you can get. My apologies to the "world" community - I thought sacrificing the "club" emblem was worthwhile and colorful! No offense intended... beerchug.gif

Tony

Tony, that is awesome! The plasma table is pretty neat but there's a coldness to the parts it makes. There's something about "handmade" that to me just oozes love.

Now if only my LS car could be in contention... ah well, maybe next year?
SirAndy
I thought sacrificing the "club" emblem was worthwhile and colorful! No offense intended...

That's one of the best uses for that badge that i have seen.
biggrin.gif
Cracker
It was always too damn heavy to put on my car! rolleyes.gif

T

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 9 2017, 07:16 PM) *

I thought sacrificing the "club" emblem was worthwhile and colorful! No offense intended...

That's one of the best uses for that badge that i have seen.
biggrin.gif

Chris914n6

If my car was anything close to that sweet I'd be in contention to win it beer.gif
ConeDodger
I'm tempted to mount a radiator dude! blink.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 10 2017, 08:48 PM) *

You only need to spray water on your cylinder fins to qualify. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 10 2017, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 10 2017, 08:48 PM) *

You only need to spray water on your cylinder fins to qualify. biggrin.gif

I've got a water injection kit you can borrow if you want to point the nozzle at the cylinders blink.gif
michael7810
Does it count that I will be water cooled?

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Are you cooling yourself or the engine? smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
Is 914club.com having a WCR at the same time 914world.com is? Are the two groups merging again? Does this mean I can start using my 914club.com coffee mugs? av-943.gif
Cracker
Just to alleviate the apparent confusion... piratenanner.gif

T

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 11 2017, 10:02 AM) *

Is 914club.com having a WCR at the same time 914world.com is? Are the two groups merging again? Does this mean I can start using my 914club.com coffee mugs? av-943.gif

Click to view attachment
michael7810
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 11 2017, 06:28 AM) *

Are you cooling yourself or the engine? smile.gif

yep
Elliot Cannon
Well krap! Now I have to put my 914club.com mugs back in storage. laugh.gif
76-914
Anyone need parts to/from SoCal---Mammoth? I'm towing the 914 with a van.
Larmo63
Anybody have extra room in their room?

ConeDodger
As we used to say in the military, 18 days and a wake up till WCR 2017 cheer.gif cheer.gif
ConeDodger
17 days and a good morning! evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
16 days and a wake up! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Andyrew
Matt @ 914rubber.com will be joining us and bringing a +1! This brings our total count to 49 people.

green914
driving.gif I'm ready!
tygaboy
QUOTE(green914 @ May 16 2017, 09:53 AM) *

driving.gif I'm ready!

Yikes - I got lots left to do on the smilie_pokal.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Matty900
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 16 2017, 09:41 AM) *

Matt @ 914rubber.com will be joining us and bringing a +1! This brings our total count to 49 people.

I will be caravaning down with Cary Kutter so if you would like me to bring along any parts or would like to join the group for the drive, let me know.
tygaboy
Done! And I whipped up a little stand for it, too. piratenanner.gif
I have to say the lighting isn't great and I think it looks better in person.
WCR attendees can see for themselves!
Cracker
Cool as hell Chris!!!

T

PS: I see "WCR" spatter laying around too... first.gif

QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 18 2017, 06:57 PM) *

piscean914
nice piece - is that going to be shipped home? - looks to big to fit into a 914?!
Andyrew
That is awesome! I think it looks amazing in pictures!!

For clarification thats not a prize or award, just a sign he is bringing for the event just to make it more awesome smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am I won't be making this event. Bad enough missing Route66. The good news is, I'll be in London and Barcelona for the next 20 days or so. I want to be at Red Rocks so bad this year if it kills me. OK, well, maybe not THAT bad but pretty darn bad. Any teeners in London or Barthelona?
Andyrew
We will miss you!! But I am sure you'll have plenty of fun in London and Barcelona!
Matty900
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 18 2017, 03:57 PM) *

That is Awesome. What about putting led strip lights on the back and then a cover on the back to reflect the light through all of the openings? poke.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 18 2017, 10:09 PM) *

I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am I won't be making this event. Bad enough missing Route66. The good news is, I'll be in London and Barcelona for the next 20 days or so. I want to be at Red Rocks so bad this year if it kills me. OK, well, maybe not THAT bad but pretty darn bad. Any teeners in London or Barthelona?

Who's going to eat all the lettuce sandwiches? Who's going to make fun of my shorts?

We'll miss you Elliot.

Here. I found you some vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona. av-943.gif
tygaboy
Fixture jig / assembly line for some of the WCR goodies!
green914
w00t.gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif who's excited?
Cracker
At least three are...YOU, my son Rich and I are! We leave late this week...

T

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2017, 11:09 AM) *

BTW: Rich graduated Friday night and he is our oldest - where did the time go??? He almost looks like a young adult - we are both happy for him and had sad (self pitty) for us. Life.

Click to view attachment
Cracker
Who is excited about this trip? At least three people...I am, my son is, and YOU clearly are Rob! We leave later this week bound for lala land...

T

stevend914
[quote name='Cracker' date='May 21 2017, 10:21 AM' post='2488220']

T

Barring any last minute disasters (like the tree that fell on the condo roof Friday instead of 90 degrees south and on my car), I'm leaving Wed. morning
green914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2017, 08:09 AM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif We are excited.
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 21 2017, 08:21 AM) *

T

BTW: Rich graduated Friday night and he is our oldest - where did the time go??? He almost looks like a young adult - we are both happy for him and had sad (self pitty) for us. Life.

Click to view attachment

Tony - Big CONGRATS to Rich! Major life milestone... Looking forward to meeting him.

And y'all can count me, my wife and our two guests as excited!

As to the pic, a study showed working at a cluttered desk (shop?) positively influences people’s creative thinking ability.
This would suggest the WCR goodies are getting some serious creativity thrown at them... (I may be a bit biased but I think you'll all enjoy them...)

See you soon!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 21 2017, 12:25 PM) *

Who is excited about this trip? At least three people...I am, my son is, and YOU clearly are Rob! We leave later this week bound for lala land...

T

Part of my WCR duties are to promote so, not as excited as I might appear but yes! This will be a fun one!
wes
I must say anyone who can produce a beautiful Porsche logo prize like that is a true artist.
With envy I say well done and watch out Porsche just might be watching with infringement rights!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(wes @ May 21 2017, 10:08 PM) *

I must say anyone who can produce a beautiful Porsche logo prize like that is a true artist.
With envy I say well done and watch out Porsche just might be watching with infringement rights!

Nah... he's not selling it.
Larmo63
So far, I have no place to stay up there, but I'm holding out hope and I am excited.

I think?
Andyrew
Lawrence, I dont think I have a couch in my room but your welcome to it. If my guest bails as well your welcome to his spot!
michael7810
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 21 2017, 08:50 PM) *

So far, I have no place to stay up there, but I'm holding out hope and I am excited.

I think?

Larmo - I can't remember what room I booked buy my confirmation says "2 Double, Sleeps 2." My grandson can't make it so you're welcome to the second bed. I'll be there for 3 nights. Give me a call when you get there, my cell phone is 480-721-0003.
I'm excited about this trip- my first WCR.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.