Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL: WCR 2017 Thread Mammoth Lakes June 1, 2, 3, 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Mike Bellis
Great routes Andyrew!

Sometimes the June lake loop is closed on the North end. If so we can go down and back from the South entrance.

Not sure about the other roads but I will try to verify.
Andyrew
I just did an Arial flight (google earth) of the Bristlecone drive.. *Goosebumps* driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Andyrew
Ninja edit! Durring my flyover of the Mono lake drive I noticed that Owens River Road turns into dirt halfway through... So thats why the ranger didnt mention it... Revised! Shorter drive now. More room for activities!!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Looks like the drives are clear. smile.gif

Except 108 and 120... sad.gif The two fastest routes to Mammoth for me.

Click to view attachment

SR 168

[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

SR 120

IS CLOSED 4.2 MI WEST OF THE SOUTH JCT OF SR 49 /AT TUOLUMNE RIVER BRIDGE/ (TUOLUMNE CO) FROM 1700 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0700 HRS EACH MORNING SUNDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 9/29/17 - DUE TO BRIDGE WORK - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

IS CLOSED FROM CRANE FLAT TO 3.5 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395 /TIOGA PASS/ (TUOLUMNE, MONO CO) - FOR THE WINTER - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 4.2 MI WEST OF THE SOUTH JCT OF SR 49 /AT TUOLUMNE RIVER BRIDGE/ (TUOLUMNE CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU THURSDAY & 24 HRS A DAY FROM 0700 HRS FRIDAY TO 1700 HRS SUNDAY THRU 9/29/17 - DUE TO BRIDGE WORK

[YOSEMITE NAT'L PARK]
FOR YOSEMITE NAT'L PARK ROAD INFORMATION CALL 209-372-0200

SR 158
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

SR 108

IS CLOSED FROM 26.4 MI EAST OF STRAWBERRY (TUOLUMNE CO) TO 8.7 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395 (MONO CO) /SONORA PASS/ - FOR THE WINTER - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
76-914
Andrew, why aren't you bringing your teener? Isn't it finished? confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 27 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Ninja edit! Durring my flyover of the Mono lake drive I noticed that Owens River Road turns into dirt halfway through... So thats why the ranger didnt mention it... Revised! Shorter drive now. More room for activities!!

There is lots of stuff to see around Mammoth. Extra time will be welcome. smile.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 27 2017, 08:47 AM) *

Having longstanding issues. I havent been able to fix a warm start issue for a solid 6 months. It will crank and crank, but not fire. Every time I replace the crank position sensor it works fine once then the next day no. All started when I was trying to optimize my cooling system. Not only that my steering system is fubbarded (U joints binding) and my brakes lock up the right front.

Besides I have a shit ton of stuff im brining. The back of the fiesta will be fuuuuull.

We can go for a ride in the Fiesta, I promise you it will not dissapoint smile.gif
cary
Caravan from PDX ....................... ????

Matt (914Rubber) and I will be leaving the South bound Wilsonville rest area around 3am on Thursday.
Both of us will be pulling trailers. I'll have a complete race trailer tool box, floor jack, jack stands and a pop up. That should take of any problems that folks might have along the way.

Hope we can some folks along the way ....................
76-914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 27 2017, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 27 2017, 08:47 AM) *

Having longstanding issues. I havent been able to fix a warm start issue for a solid 6 months. It will crank and crank, but not fire. Every time I replace the crank position sensor it works fine once then the next day no. All started when I was trying to optimize my cooling system. Not only that my steering system is fubbarded (U joints binding) and my brakes lock up the right front.

Besides I have a shit ton of stuff im brining. The back of the fiesta will be fuuuuull.

We can go for a ride in the Fiesta, I promise you it will not dissapoint smile.gif

Damnit. I wasn't aware of that. I was hoping to see the Red Monster. Well don't feel bad. I've been chasing a fuel delivery problem for a year. I may have it right this time. We'll see. shades.gif
Cracker
Route 66 half-way location...pretty cool! Oh - and Cadallac Ranch - LOL!

T

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
green914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 26 2017, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE(green914 @ May 26 2017, 04:20 PM) *

South is okay with me, but for the folks driving from far away that may never have been to Tahoe we should go north. driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving.gif

You live in Sacramento... chair.gif Go East

We will already be in Tahoe - going to start partying early piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 18 2017, 03:57 PM) *

Done! And I whipped up a little stand for it, too. piratenanner.gif
I have to say the lighting isn't great and I think it looks better in person.
WCR attendees can see for themselves!

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Larmo63
I'm leaving south Orange County around 3:30 Friday morning.

Just an Fyi if anybody else is going around then......?
whitetwinturbo
If anybody knows someone who may fall in love with Mammoth Lakes and who wants to own real estate, a restaurant or both.......I represent a seller who has both (operating business is CJ's) on Old Mammoth Road and was voted "Best Burger" chowtime.gif in Mammoth Mountain.

Andyrew
914 WCR 2017 Itinerary
Thursday:
Arrival and registration

Friday:
8:15 Drivers fill up gas
9:14 Drivers Meeting
9:30 Head out to Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest
12:00 Lunch(Provided) @ Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest
1:00 Head Back to Mammoth Mountain Inn (MMI)
3:00 Arrive back @ MMI
4:00 Show and Shine + Quiz
6:00 Break for dinner

Saturday:
8:00 Drivers fill up gas
9:00 Drivers Meeting
9:14 Head out on Mono Lake Poker Run
1:00 Arrive back @ MMI and break for late lunch
2:30 Parking Lot Activities
6:00 Awards Dinner (Provided)
9:00 Awards Dinner concludes

Sunday:
Guests Depart

Cracker
Looks great....thanks for all of the effort!

T
green914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif party time is drawing near - I'm ready to go driving.gif
SirAndy
Does anyone have some extra space in their room for two nights?
Trying to find some sleeping space for two older teenagers.

Amoy's son (car guy in the making) and a friend are coming up on Thursday and leaving on Saturday, would be nice to find them a bed instead of sleeping on the floor in our room.
beerchug.gif
michael7810
My room has 2 double beds and I'm solo so that leaves 1 of them open. Maybe not what you are looking for but you're welcome to it if it helps. I'm there for 3 nights.
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 29 2017, 10:39 AM) *

Looks great....thanks for all of the effort!

T

Yep, agree! Andrew deserves some kind of award for all his hard work.

Hmmmm... happy11.gif
green914
QUOTE(cary @ May 27 2017, 10:23 AM) *

Matt (914Rubber) and I will be leaving the South bound Wilsonville rest area around 3am on Thursday.
Both of us will be pulling trailers. I'll have a complete race trailer tool box, floor jack, jack stands and a pop up. That should take of any problems that folks might have along the way.

See you guys in Gardnerville, NV. driving.gif driving.gif have a safe trip. smile.gif
Andyrew
The community in general deserves a award smile.gif

That being said, yes we have a LOT of time in this even though it really doesnt show that much..

Speaking of awards, Mueller dropped his off trophy tonight and it looks amazing! I'll post a sneek peak later on. A reminder that its the whole community that makes these things happen!
piscean914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 29 2017, 06:58 PM) *

The community in general deserves a award smile.gif

That being said, yes we have a LOT of time in this even though it really doesnt show that much..

Speaking of awards, Mueller dropped his off trophy tonight and it looks amazing! I'll post a sneek peak later on. A reminder that its the whole community that makes these things happen!

thanks andyrew - classy response - you're a mensch! brad in seattle
stevend914
Spent Memorial Day weekend in Santa Fe, now have just 800 more miles to go!
Matty900
I will be packing the truck up tomorrow and bringing some 914 swag for the raffle. Please give me some ideas of what you guys would like. Also if you guys want to order anything for me to deliver I can do that too. See you Thursday. beerchug.gif
second wind
Do we have a reserved parking area? Walking too far at 9,000 feet just might kill me....
gg
Andyrew
QUOTE(second wind @ May 30 2017, 12:07 PM) *

Do we have a reserved parking area? Walking too far at 9,000 feet just might kill me....
gg

Yes, We have the main lot nearest the hotel all to ourselves smile.gif

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mammoth+M...;4d-119.0388447
Andyrew
QUOTE(Matty900 @ May 29 2017, 10:06 PM) *

I will be packing the truck up tomorrow and bringing some 914 swag for the raffle. Please give me some ideas of what you guys would like. Also if you guys want to order anything for me to deliver I can do that too. See you Thursday. beerchug.gif

Personally I want some fiberglass door cards biggrin.gif

second wind
Nice!! Plenty of parking. The picture you provided is encouraging as the hotel resort picture shows a lot of snow. Must have melted already. Thanks,
gg
Mike D.
So. Cal. Guys Driving up Thurs. Morning.

Several of us are meeting at 7 am at Sweetwater Bar & Grill for breakfast. Yep, a bar, for breakfast! beerchug.gif
Join us if you like. The more, the merrier, or whatever....
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 30 2017, 03:14 PM) *

So. Cal. Guys Driving up Thurs. Morning.

Several of us are meeting at 7 am at Sweetwater Bar & Grill for breakfast. Yep, a bar, for breakfast! beerchug.gif
Join us if you like. The more, the merrier, or whatever....

See you There....
Andyrew
QUOTE(second wind @ May 30 2017, 02:08 PM) *

Nice!! Plenty of parking. The picture you provided is encouraging as the hotel resort picture shows a lot of snow. Must have melted already. Thanks,
gg

Oh thats just google maps. biggrin.gif There will be snow just not on the road
jim_hoyland
Has anyone received weather alerts re flooding from rapidly melting snow ? I received one via the weather channel app....
ConeDodger
Who's coming through Sacramento on the way to WCR on Thursday?

Need something picked up and brought to the event...
Larmo63
I'm leaving San Clemente O dark thirty Friday morning......

Anybody else driving up around then?
tygaboy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 30 2017, 06:07 PM) *

We're leaving Petaluma about 6:00 AM so should be through Sac about 8:30-ish.
What do you need picked up?
Call if it's easier to talk details: 925-708-5295. PM sent, too...
Chris
michael7810
Leaving PHX at 0400 on Thursday which should put me at the I-10/215 interchange around 9:30. Hopefully will spot some of you going up 395.
Andyrew
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 30 2017, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 30 2017, 06:07 PM) *

We're leaving Petaluma about 6:00 AM so should be through Sac about 8:30-ish.
What do you need picked up?
Call if it's easier to talk details: 925-708-5295. PM sent, too...
Chris

Chris,

I got it, thanks for volunteering though! (I work in sacramento)
cary
QUOTE(cary @ May 27 2017, 10:23 AM) *

Just checked Google maps. It says 12 hours. When I checked a couple months ago it was 15 hours. So we should be there in time for dinner on Thursday. piratenanner.gif beer3.gif
piscean914
hey - any car wash stuff at the event? thanks
Andyrew
QUOTE(piscean914 @ May 30 2017, 08:39 PM) *

There will probably be a hose somewhere, apart from that I cant say sad.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(piscean914 @ May 30 2017, 08:39 PM) *

Of course. biggrin.gif

Trash Cans Wash Buckets and Clean Towels are thoughtfully provided by the host hotel.

Click to view attachment
76-914
Hopefully they will also have Tea & Skrumpettes. beer.gif
Andyrew
Slight confusion on the parking arrangement, They thought we wanted just some spots reserved, which I clarified we wanted the whole area. We might be taking the back lot. Should have plenty of space for us.

I'll let everyone know, but they made up some signs for us so it'll be clear.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 31 2017, 10:32 AM) *

Slight confusion on the parking arrangement, They thought we wanted just some spots reserved, which I clarified we wanted the whole area. We might be taking the back lot. Should have plenty of space for us.

I'll let everyone know, but they made up some signs for us so it'll be clear.

Is the parking area under pine Trees ? Or open to the sky ?
Andyrew
All parking that I can see is in open sky.
SirAndy

The backlot looks nicer anyways ...
shades.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2017, 01:34 PM) *

shades.gif

Its also further away from prying eyes.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 31 2017, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2017, 01:34 PM) *

shades.gif

Its also further away from prying eyes.

And closer to natures bathroom.
biggrin.gif
Larmo63
We are all gentlemen, so there won't be any tree watering going on..... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.