Checking in at MMH 1/20/17
My flight attendant in her bikini

Im at Yosemite right now, Its basically just pure white... dry.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 20 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Interesting airport to land at.

Don't overshoot the runway as the mountain doesn't forgive that sin. And, that wind!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 21 2017, 02:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 20 2017, 04:51 PM) *

Im at Yosemite right now, Its basically just pure white... dry.gif

Babymoon!
76-914
The News reported that Mammoth Mt. received so much snow that they will remain open until the 4th of July! blink.gif
Cracker
Thank God for global-warming....imagine the snow fall without it! rolleyes.gif

T
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 27 2017, 06:40 AM) *

The News reported that Mammoth Mt. received so much snow that they will remain open until the 4th of July! blink.gif

Thats going to be great!!! The roads will be clear, but the mountains will have snow on them!
matthepcat
Going to be a chilly WCR! Spring skiing could be an event. smile.gif

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 27 2017, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 27 2017, 06:40 AM) *

Thats going to be great!!! The roads will be clear, but the mountains will have snow on them!

SirAndy
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 27 2017, 06:48 AM) *

Climate and weather are not the same thing, learn the difference ...
rolleyes.gif

Also, i just booked a hotel room.
driving.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 27 2017, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 27 2017, 06:48 AM) *

Climate and weather are not the same thing, learn the difference ...
rolleyes.gif

Also, i just booked a hotel room.
driving.gif

HEY!! Don't get political... rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 21 2017, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 20 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Interesting airport to land at.

Don't overshoot the runway as the mountain doesn't forgive that sin. And, that wind!

That's funny....and not. It is very interesting to be sure.

I was in a twin Piper once and the pilot did overshoot it.

The plane ran down past the last marker and just barely stopped of the edge off the end of the runway.

You could have heard a pin drop.

So I said........now what. Do we get out the chains?

25 feet of snow and counting. Bring the skis.

Don't think Tioga will be open but you never know.
Cracker
I had to chuckle at that myself... rolleyes.gif

T

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 28 2017, 01:03 AM) *

HEY!! Don't get political... rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif

don-6
My room is booked!
See you at the WCR in June driving-girl.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(don-6 @ Jan 29 2017, 09:50 PM) *

My room is booked!

Unless you're particularly fond of Elyut. If we have it in June, he'll show up in late May! evilgrin.gif
Mike D.
Room Booked! I really need to work on my car now...
Cracker
I now have an official WCR plan; Mike needs to find new sleeping digs (sorry) - not pulling the trailer; and now I am looking for a couple seats at WCR. We have decided the emphasis of this trip should be the "Father/Son" component and without the hassle associated with pulling a trailer/car 7500+ miles. We are driving out but WCR is just one of the many destinations on the itinerary. This will be a breeze by comparison. We are both looking forward to meeting you Leftcoasters in person, first and foremost, and secondly, seeing your rides too!

Tony
stevend914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 2 2017, 05:45 PM) *

I now have an official WCR plan; Mike (MGP4591) needs to find new sleeping digs (sorry); and now I am looking for a couple seats at WCR. We have decided the emphasis of this trip should be the "Father/Son" component and without the hassle associated with pulling a trailer/car 7500+ miles. We are driving out but WCR is just one of the many destinations on the itinerary. This will be a breeze by comparison. We are both looking forward to meeting you Leftcoasters in person and seeing your rides too!

Tony

I'm headed to the PCA Road Runner Region's Fiesta New Mexico over Memorial Day weekend, then a few days in the Mesa Verde NP area, on to WCR, then Vegas, Arches NP, and then PCA Alpine Mtn Region's Rocky Mtn High Way. Not sure what I'll do on the way back to stl.
Cracker
Steve - Sounds like an ambitious trip - great destinations for sure! I am assuming your are doing this in a teener?
stevend914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 3 2017, 10:09 AM) *

Steve - Sounds like an ambitious trip - great destinations for sure! I am assuming your are doing this in a teener?

Hopefully not too ambitious for my '73 2.0, but I drove to Okteenerfest last year with no major issues and will be driving to Texas in March for Hill Country Rallye, Big Bend NP, and Treffen Hill Country as the next test drive. Last year I drove my 911 from Vermont to California, this year it's the 914's turn.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 2 2017, 04:45 PM) *

I now have an official WCR plan; Mike needs to find new sleeping digs (sorry) - not pulling the trailer; and now I am looking for a couple seats at WCR. We have decided the emphasis of this trip should be the "Father/Son" component and without the hassle associated with pulling a trailer/car 7500+ miles. We are driving out but WCR is just one of the many destinations on the itinerary. This will be a breeze by comparison. We are both looking forward to meeting you Leftcoasters in person, first and foremost, and secondly, seeing your rides too!

Tony

That's okay Tony! Living in Utah all these years inspired me to get full winter camping gear good to about 20 below. I'm a winter camping kid since the Boy Scouts! shades.gif
And I think it's a great idea to keep it simple, let Father and Son enjoy the experience with as little hassle as possible. There's plenty to see and do going both ways!
Mike Bellis
The snow pack at Mammoth right now is pretty heavy. They have received 30 feet of snow this season so far. (as of 2/4/17)

There is a very good chance there will still be snow on the ground in June. Just food for thought for all you camper types...
wes
In 1998 Tioga pass opened July 1! If should happen again it could make a very long detour.
Cracker
How ironic...I may go from "looking for a seat to providing them"...I can hold three comfortably in my Mega-Cab 4x4! Too funny. It definitely sounds like snow is going to be present.

PS: I'll make sure to keep an eye out for those minuscule teeners around me - no monster truck activities.

T

QUOTE(wes @ Feb 4 2017, 01:18 PM) *

In 1998 Tioga pass opened July 1! If should happen again it could make a very long detour.

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 4 2017, 11:18 AM) *

Right now the map shows I have to drive up to Tahoe South Shore and down 395 to get there. 5.5 hour drive in optimum conditions...
SirAndy
914s are good snow cars ...
driving.gif
wes
I remember driving through one year the first day the pass was open in the motor home, the snow was higher than the top of the roof and the views were incredible. This is gods country! I worked in the park during the summer while in school and fell in love with that entire area, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world, one of those must visit for everyone.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Feb 4 2017, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Feb 4 2017, 11:18 AM) *

Right now the map shows I have to drive up to Tahoe South Shore and down 395 to get there. 5.5 hour drive in optimum conditions...

We can caravan. I could meet you in Carson City when you drop out of Tahoe into the valley and go from there!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2017, 11:19 AM) *

914s are good snow cars ...
driving.gif

Let's hope... smile.gif
wes
Just thinking with the tires and wheels I have on definitely no room for snow chains!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 29 2017, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(don-6 @ Jan 29 2017, 09:50 PM) *

My room is booked!

Unless you're particularly fond of Elyut. If we have it in June, he'll show up in late May! evilgrin.gif

I wish I could be there with you all but in late May I'll be at the Duxford Air Festival in Cambridgeshire, on the Queens island. I hope you are all warmer than we were at the last Route 66 Tour. laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot
MartyYeoman
They got snow!!!
wes
Ski resorts in Mammoth now reporting they are looking forward to being open for yes "4th of July". Got your ski racks ready!
ConeDodger
All of the ski resorts in the Sierra's are looking at a long season. The roads though, are probably dry. Expect cool nights!
Mike Bellis
50, 88, 120 and other highways are closed for the season. Looks like I have to take 80 to Reno to get there right now. Long drive...
green914
icon_bump.gif
Andyrew
There has been a bit more concern over snow. You can see in the Mammoth live cams that the roads are already clear, and we have 2 1/2 months before the event! The mountain will have snow on it for those that want to Ski, however the roads should be completely clear.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/winter/moun...llage-lodge-cam
burton73
QUOTE(wes @ Feb 12 2017, 10:54 AM) *

Ski resorts in Mammoth now reporting they are looking forward to being open for yes "4th of July". Got your ski racks ready!

I skied there on July 4th 1983. I remember it well. Back then there was 25 ft. of packed snow. It was slush skiing. In the morning it was frozen and it melted during the day. Had to stop by 1 PM. I was 31years old. Just to say I did it.

Bob
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 14 2017, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Feb 12 2017, 10:54 AM) *

I skied there on July 4th 1983. I remember it well. Back then there was 25 ft. of packed snow. It was slush skiing. In the morning it was frozen and it melted during the day. Had to stop by 1 PM. I was 31years old. Just to say I did it.

Bob

Join us at the 2017 WCR...
Dtjaden
Last night I took a look at the opening dates for the Sierra mountain passes that would be applicable for those driving from the Bay Area. Given the record amount of snow and more expected next week you could expect the following:

- Tioga Pass on highway 120 will most likely NOT be open. This would have been the shortest route.
- Carson Pass on highway 88 is kept open year around. To get to Mammoth this also requires Monitor Pass on highway 89 to be open. This is very likely. Highway 88 is a great drive.
- Sonora Pass on highway 108 is likely to be open. This is probably a little shorter than highway 88 but I have never driven across this pass.
- Echo Summit and US 50 is open but will be a slow trip because of the maintenance that will be ongoing. 50 is kept open ear around except during and immediately after heavy snow events. It is succeptable to damage from storms as has been the case this year. At South Lake Tahoe, 50 connects to highway 89 (see the note above for Carson Pass.

All of these highways connect to US 395 which runs down the eastern Sierra and is kept open year around.

See you all there!

Here is a link to CalTran Mountain pass closure history: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/clsdlst.htm
Cracker
Long drive? C'mon Mike, really? biggrin.gif

T

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Feb 12 2017, 10:27 PM) *

50, 88, 120 and other highways are closed for the season. Looks like I have to take 80 to Reno to get there right now. Long drive...

Mike Bellis
Here is the registration form. Due May 1st 2017. Act now!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
I cant use the form that you posted ???? Sent payment anyway; will update you at a later time.
Andyrew
Jim,

You can send me an email with all the info on it. Got your moneys smile.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 1 2017, 06:33 AM) *

Jim,

You can send me an email with all the info on it. Got your moneys smile.gif

Send in Registratiin.....Packing my bag, changing the oil.....June ? Gees
tygaboy
Andyrew - form emailed and funds PayPal'd!
See you there!
Chris
914_teener
Can.t go have fun fellas....ladies.

That is a cool form!
cary
Just made MMI reservations for Super In Law and I ...............
Andyrew
Awesome! Just get your registration form and paymen in ASAP so we can get you on the shirt list and nametag list!
cary
First thing this afternoon ....
Do we have an event schedule for Friday?
We're planning on arriving before dinner on Friday night unless there's something we can't miss on Friday.
We're booked Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights.
Andyrew
Cary,

Thursday and Sunday are travel days, Friday and Saturday are event days all day.

Click to view attachment

Quick note, the events of friday and saturday may switch up a little bit.
cary
Registration and PayPal sent.
New plan, we'll come down Thursday and leave Sunday before noon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.