Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Larmo63
I built my Telecaster..........hijack

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 6 2018, 07:44 PM) *

I built my Telecaster..........hijack

Click to view attachment

Me too. And the display case! beerchug.gif .............. sorry for the second hijack.
Click to view attachment
burton73
A little Guitar hijack is Ok. This is a PMB production so yea,

Bob B
burton73
We are really moving on. But I have not been able to get to PMB in person yet. Second set of samples on Leather and carpet. Dale is working very closely with us on the art of the interior.
We all seem to be on the same page. Pictures are flowing

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment wub.gif wub.gif w00t.gif
burton73
Screen is in and painted for GT front oil cooling.

Bob BClick to view attachment

Get your motor runnin',
Head out on the highway,
Lookin' for adventure,
And whatever comes our way,
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen,
Take the world in a love embrace,
Fire all of your guns at once
And, explode into space,
I like smoke and lightning,
Heavy metal thunder,
Racin' with the wind,
And the feelin' that I'm under,
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace,
Fire all of your guns at once
And, explode into space.
Like a true nature's child,
We were born, born to be wild,
We can climb so high,
I never wanna die,
Born to be wild,
Born to be wild,

driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving.gif
burton73
Because of the custom cowl fuel filler unique to number 41, we needed a Custom Washer Fluid Tank that matches the fuel filler on the opposite side. There was no place for a standard water bottle so PMB designed this set up. Keeping it all as clean as could possibly be.

Keeping as true to the build of this special early hot rod 6 car back in the late 70s
There was no windshield water bottle thought of back then by the builders of Hot Rod #41 but PMB felt we needed a washer bottle that matched the current set up with a balanced look under the front hood. This works well.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
Hi
Coondog
Don’t know how I missed this build....
Eric does great work.
That motors going to be scary fast.
Hopefully we can meet up at the WCR.
rgalla9146
Wow.
Such beautiful work and creativity.
What a come back.
Enjoying the view.
burton73
Goodies off to PMB. Rebel Racing fully adjustable rears springs perches I bought for my new Brillstein shocks for my V8 car but #41 will be done much sooner than the 74 so we will put these on so we get 100% adjustment in back as we have up front.

My remanufactured Blaupunkt radio I bought 10 years ago on EBay.

My artsy shot with Lucite I make, not going to E.

Bob B

Rebel, Rebel

Doo doo doo-doo doo doo doo doo
You've got your mother in a whirl, 
She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl
, Hey babe, your hair's alright
, Hey babe, let's go out tonight, 
You like me, and I like it al, 
We like dancing and we look divine
, You love bands when they're playing hard, 
You want more and you want it fast
, They put you down, they say I'm wrong
, You tacky thing, you put them on
Rebel Rebel, you've torn your dress, 
Rebel Rebel, your face is a mess
, Rebel Rebel, how could they know?
 Hot tramp, I love you so!
Don't ya? 
Doo doo doo-doo doo doo doo doo
You've got your mother in a whirl, 'cause she's 
Not sure if you're a boy or a girl
, Hey babe, your hair's alright
, Hey babe, let's stay out tonight
You like…
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
burton73
I up date as PMB sends photos. E says, thumbs up to 108MM on CV stubs. 3.0 with 3.2 big valve heads 46 PMO's special can grind and engine work done by Scott Kinder.

Bob B
burton73
Custom washer fluid bottle done and in place, Vent that was needed for cowl fill, and welded fuel tube that was done by Peter Dawes many moons ago. Only on this car. Super early 911-S front brakes. We keep on moving forward.

Bob Burton
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Very nice. beerchug.gif
eric9144
So Bob, Euro front turn signals, Euro rear turn signals...but US spec fogs? poke.gif
It needs Euro H3 driving lights
Amazing build and jealous as heck first.gif
burton73
More: wub.gif

914_7T3
WOW! Looks fantastic! You ARE getting super close.

We'll need to get together and go for a drive soon.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 13 2018, 06:46 PM) *

The white headlight surrounds are one of those things I didn't care for back when I purchased my first 914 and now I love them.
altitude411
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 13 2018, 09:00 PM) *

The white headlight surrounds are one of those things I didn't care for back when I purchased my first 914 and now I love them.

Wow those surrounds look awesome. NOS? or just fantastic work by PMB? Thanks for posting these photos ... One of my favorite threads. Great photography. beerchug.gif
burton73
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Dec 14 2018, 05:34 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 13 2018, 09:00 PM) *

Wow those surrounds look awesome. NOS? or just fantastic work by PMB? Thanks for posting these photos ... One of my favorite threads. Great photography. beerchug.gif

PMB is the master of refinishing the headlight surrounds and parts as well. As far as the pictures go, Eric is a very good photographer as you can see. Rumor is the lights in PMB are LED? That is why the pictures look so good. Great eye on Eric, great composition and great subject.

Bob Burton
burton73
One more for the weekend. Front hood mounted today. It’s a car!! That Canary yellow looks great!

Bob B
Click to view attachment
raynekat
Looks like you're definitely "rocking." Car looks incredible.
burton73
I just sent these Rebel Racing rear adjustable inserts to PMB and they got them right in number 41. Looking good!

Thank you PMB for taking care of me. bye1.gif

Bob Burton

Click to view attachment
914forme
drooley.gif
burton73
I was going over the break in of number 41 in Sandy, UT and we have agreed that E will drive it 500 miles to break in the new engine, and change the oil and make sure that the car is as perfect as a 70 Hot Rod VW-Porsche 914 can be.

It must be nice to drive the cars you build for your customers and see just how their vision and with your guidance the product turns out.

In a season of gifts, I am happy with this gift to myself. Next to a home or building I have bought this is the most expensive item I have ever bought.

Happy birthday to me.

Bob Burton

rolleyes.gif smile.gif beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations Bob. That baby is beautiful. Many miles of smiles to you. beerchug.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 20 2018, 05:39 AM) *

Congratulations Bob. That baby is beautiful. Many miles of smiles to you. beerchug.gif

Thanks,

I am sure our cars will have a west coast meet up in the future
Let’s hope it is in 2019

Bob B
burton73
There are lots of details on every build but the level of finish on 41 is unreal. If the part is not 100% it is refinished and a number of items that I thought where good did not meet the speck of this build.

I have seen builds on the 914world that are of a super high level. A level so high that the car looks like it was delivered to a dealer back in 1970. Well a lever higher than that.

I have seen great talent in guys that are building their vision of 914. Some are doing super pro work on their cars. My hat is off to you.

I am a patient person because my father taught me how to fish and be a patient.

I know my build blog is out of order but I hope you enjoy seeing the build from PMB

Bob Burton
Cairo94507
Hi Bob- I am fairly certain that is in the cards for this summer. beerchug.gif
burton73
OK, that is a clean shroud.

Bob B

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Tdskip
Yes - Quite clean
burton73
More clean machine. Like new

Bob B
shades.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
raynekat
Sparkling!
bbrock
That's a work of art!
Tdskip
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 24 2019, 11:15 PM) *

That's a work of art!

+1

Nice work Bob
burton73
All I do is keep the money flowing and tell Eric what my vision is. He then talks me down off some ideas. This is really a PMB production. This dream is mine and its been going on for 12 years on this car but the dream to own a fast-non-stock 6 is 40 years old. Ever since I got a ride in Burbank CA. at Galan Bieker shop in a BK real 914-6 with a hopped up 3.0.

Right turns at 55 was all that it took and getting sucked back in the seat.

Bob B
sixnotfour
Looking Good popcorn[1].gif

good news is snow is melting in UT, for now
AHudson
This is superb, and an inspiration. You're doing the hobby proud! You're also making the rest of us who are merely afflicted look almost normal!

I guess it's the quality, vision, attention to detail - and by gosh - the execution of the project that makes it so wonderful. Seriously fun to watch and read about.

I also realize posting pics and updates doesn't 'just happen' so thanks for the education and building the giddy anticipation along the way. Keep up the awesome work: long live the 914!
burton73
The Leather Weave and leathers, Black, Orangish Leather and German weave carpet from (Italy) Why not German Carpet from Germany? Are in

We are moving forward.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
It has been a while since an update. Eric sent me there pictures today. The note was “It runs today or tomorrow. Depends on how much daylight we have”

I loved to hear that after 5 years. Next is to hear the sound! This car has not been run since 1985 Many moons have come and gone!

Bob Burton

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Bob - Wow! Your car is looking KILLER!!! Can't wait to see it on the road.
Cairo94507
Man, that is looking sweet. I would be unable to sleep waiting to hear it run after all that time. Cheers. beerchug.gif

Eric (PMB) is just a terrific guy. Had I not stumbled on The Justice League, my car would likely be at Eric's. I really like his work and attention to detail. beerchug.gif
mepstein
What type of lines and fittings are those?
jfort
the whole thing is beautiful. thanks for letting us watch. can't wait to see and hear the video when it runs
burton73
From what the PO was told, the early work on this car was done by Peter Dawes when he was at Dick Trotman’s shop in the 70s. What was on the car back then was braided Stainless lines and AN fitting for the front oil cooler and Troutman thermostat. I had thought we may change to Elephant oil lines but Eric has given my guidance on how to restore the car in the spirit of a super early 1969 delivered hot rod 914-6 back in the day. I listen to him on almost every point.

This is a Southern Cal hot rod VW back from the days when I was in High School. By the way my 1st wife had a yellow 70 914-4 back then that she could not figure how to drive. My in-laws got her a new VW Bug with auto stick.

Bob Burton

bbrock
Well, did it run? popcorn[1].gif
burton73
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 4 2019, 08:06 AM) *

Well, did it run? popcorn[1].gif

No word yet from the fine people at PMB?

Bob B popcorn[1].gif
burton73
Friday news from PMB Performance. We had some electrical problems. It was a short in the wiper motor. It had had to come back out. E says the starter is open and one of the brushes has 400 Ohms resistance and it kept blowing fuses every time they plugged in the battery. A rare 1969 911 only motor.

I said a close out to a busy week. Time for an adult beverage Sandy, Utah style

On to next week.

Bob Burton

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

100 steps forward and 1 step back
burton73
We were held up by a couple of things. One was the bracket to attach the CDI box and Eric had to find a one year only 69 911 wiper motor to use the winding so we have savaged the
electrical parts needed give life back in to my 6s wipers and let us move on to the next detail.

Lots of details on a car to truly be rebuilt/restored. I am sure most cars never come back to this level of restoration. Most are just made to look good for a sale.

Bob Burton

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Tdskip
Wow Bob - fantastic.
burton73
https://vimeo.com/337333261

https://vimeo.com/337332800

With a little of this and a little of that (4 different fuel pumps including one NOS that I got 10 years ago) PMB got #41 started up. First time in 35 years

Sounds just right to these ears.

Bob B
wub.gif wub.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.