Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 #41 -Let's Rock E, well 41 is done and delivered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
burton73
QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 30 2022, 10:11 AM) *

Nice build! Details are subtle and different. Now go put some rock chips in that thing!

Going to Utah to be in the Red Rocks Classic. Very excited to get out with my Porsche people

As far as rock chips I am hoping the clear bra will save me from some of that.

Best to everyone,

Bob B

driving-girl.gif
burton73
Dale finished the Dog Bone passenger footrest on #41 all I can say is I love it

Bob B
Click to view attachment
inigopete
I've been following this thread over a few years and I'm so glad to see it's still going (I registered today to finally add my comments!).

Bob, you have an exceptional car and you're very lucky to have found such a brilliant workshop! I'm very grateful for your detailed updates and I can't wait to hear and see this beauty finally running. smile.gif
Cairo94507
I agree and hope to see Bob's car in person one of these days. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 12 2022, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 30 2022, 10:11 AM) *

Nice build! Details are subtle and different. Now go put some rock chips in that thing!

Going to Utah to be in the Red Rocks Classic. Very excited to get out with my Porsche people

As far as rock chips I am hoping the clear bra will save me from some of that.

Best to everyone,

Bob B

driving-girl.gif

Bob, I applied clear bra PPF to my car just days before heading north on a 600 mile round trip. About 250 miles into the trip, I saw a 1 inch rock fly off a trailer just as I started to pass it at 70 mph. I watched the rock arc in slow motion and hit my hood and bounce off the windshield. I could see a gouge in the PPF but it was a hot day and by the time I reached my destination, it had self healed leaving no trace that anything had happened. No dent or anything. I think that PPF may have not only saved my paint, but possibly slowed the rock down enough it didn't chip my windshield either. Amazing stuff. I just wish I had the skill to apply it to the front fenders also. Learned that lesson the expensive way.

Your car is a work of art, but you already knew that. beerchug.gif
burton73
Engine is back in car with fuel injection, today sept 22nd 2022

Yeah, that close and that clean

Bob B. Burton
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
eric9144
Dang those ITB's are sexy compared to other FI drooley.gif wub.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 22 2022, 02:36 PM) *

Engine is back in car with fuel injection, today sept 22nd 2022

Yeah, that close and that clean

Bob B. Burton

So excited for you, and to see this car done. I literally cannot think of anything else you could do to improve your car further at this point.

It is a masterpiece.

I may have to pop in on Monday and take a closer look.
Eric_Shea
"It Lives"

Fire in the hole today wub.gif
worn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2022, 04:49 PM) *

"It Lives"

Sure looks good. You gots a lotta envious people out there. Really good looking all around.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(inigopete @ Sep 22 2022, 07:49 AM) *

I've been following this thread over a few years and I'm so glad to see it's still going (I registered today to finally add my comments!).

Bob, you have an exceptional car and you're very lucky to have found such a brilliant workshop! I'm very grateful for your detailed updates and I can't wait to hear and see this beauty finally running. smile.gif

welcome.png
tygaboy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2022, 04:49 PM) *

"It Lives"

Video with sound and you/your staff going ape-poop or it didn't happen. happy11.gif

Seriously: What an unbelievable result. PMB should be very proud. I hope someday to see this car in the metal pray.gif wub.gif
Eric_Shea
Best I can do without going through all of the YouTube production. wink.gif

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Please bring to Rennsport VII, you car is fantastic !
campbellcj
Congrats! Gorgeous car and sounds really good too!
burton73
Fine folks over at PMB have been tuning my new EFI

I am just getting this UTube thing worked out

Bob B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBK_CoVb1MI
peteinjp
Bob- you have to make the video public.

On your YouTube home page click "manage videos" on the top right of the screen. On the next screen find this vid and change the visibility to "public."
ValcoOscar
beerchug.gif to PMB

Sounds throaty...best Stereo for a 914

burton73
Eric is taking her out for a test drive right as I post.

Bob B

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 6 2022, 11:18 AM) *

Eric is taking her out for a test drive right as I post.

Bob B

Click to view attachment

My vote for PHOTO OF THE DAY!!!!!

first.gif

O
Eric_Shea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5A-aP-Be2k
mepstein
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 8 2022, 10:52 PM) *

Killed it. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
That was a very cool video introduction of Bob's great car. beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
burton73
I haven't had too many surprises in my life this was absolutely one of the biggest ones. I want to thank everybody involved. When we came out of the Porsche Experience it really was unbelievable walking out and seeing everybody, there were so many of my 914 buds (guys and gals) all coming up saying hi how you doing, happy birthday. it really was. Well incredible.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. A very special 70th birthday. More pictures and video to come!

Bob B Burton

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=362932

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
And it's a wrap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXtYxo89cDo

birthday3.gif
tygaboy
Super cool. Nothing beats the friends we make and the experiences we create and share. Thanks for making such a special day happen for Bob.
JmuRiz
Been a while bump:

Any chance you'll sell an EFI kit like this one...with my brother's 2300i build coming along, I need to get started on my stalled project and that EFI setup is awesome looking.

How's the car running Bob?
burton73
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 17 2023, 07:27 AM) *

Been a while bump:

Any chance you'll sell an EFI kit like this one...with my brother's 2300i build coming along, I need to get started on my stalled project and that EFI setup is awesome looking.

How's the car running Bob?

All I know is I just get in and turn the key and it starts right up and idles perfectly. Its going to still be a few months till I can drive with my left arm but my bud and Porsche neighbor Alan will take me out for a ride.

Picture of EFI taken at Red Rocks last year before PMB got the Eng. back in. Photo by Mark Sonner’s

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
mate914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 30 2022, 03:57 PM) *

Well done....brought a tear to my eye.
Matt flag.gif
Maltese Falcon
Great vid, perfect car, awesome team work and wonderful Revealing beerchug.gif
Marty
burton73
Just thought I would post a few pictures of Number 41 for this new year 2024 with top off, sunny day.

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mepstein
Amazing build. Love it.
76-914
thumb3d.gif
Cairo94507
Bob's car is just stunning. I still have not been fortunate enough to see it in person. I can not wait to be able to coordinate with Bob and get my car next to his for some great photos. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
WOW! This is a good read and lots of swell pictures. Details DO count. first.gif
raynekat
Those colors on your car really POP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.