Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A 914-6GT Build Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
johannes
I L-O-V-E your seats ! I looks awesome ! I want the same !!!! ...

wink.gif
carr914
I now have a connection on the Black&White Houndstooth as well as a Camel (2-tone brown) Houndstooth which would look good in a Tan interior car.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

bcheney
Very cool lookin seats TC! Wonder how that would look in a yellow car???
carr914
I think B&W goes with every color, but it might slow down a yellow car. happy11.gif

T.C.
carr914
Another addition - Blaupunkt Frankfurt. My car was Factory Equiped (Rare) with a Frankfurt, but the the radio was one of the few things that didn't come with the car when I bought it. I have attempted to get one of these for a year. They go from free (always too late) to very expensive. This one is very nice and moderately priced.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
Richard Casto
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 12 2009, 08:42 PM) *

Progress on the Compliance Sticker

Click to view attachment

TC,

What was your method for replicating the anti-peel circular pattern on the sticker?

Richard
jt914-6
TC,
FYI, I have a set of Brad's kit. They are really nice. I'm not sure about the Engman kit, but Brad's kit comes back to the area where the camber shimms go and become a shimm themselves. Thought that was a good feature..........
carr914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 25 2009, 04:48 PM) *

Click to view attachment

TC,

What was your method for replicating the anti-peel circular pattern on the sticker?

Richard

5mm biopsy tool, practice and patience. Still waiting as another member is making me a jig to perforate the Vin# and birth code.

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Mar 25 2009, 05:52 PM) *

TC,
FYI, I have a set of Brad's kit. They are really nice. I'm not sure about the Engman kit, but Brad's kit comes back to the area where the camber shimms go and become a shimm themselves. Thought that was a good feature..........

I went with the Engman kit, as that was before Brad's, plus I wanted to tie in the new longs, floors & rear firewall

T.C.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 25 2009, 08:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

TC,

Richard

5mm biopsy tool, practice and patience. Still waiting as another member is making me a jig to perforate the Vin# and birth code.

T.C.

Nice idea on the biopsy tool. I know exactly what you are taking about. I am assuming you have to be in the medial industry to get one of those? Or is there a source of these for every day people?

Regarding the punch, how is he making the jig?

I was thinking about this myself and I was wondering if you could create a template (MS Word or similar) for the characters used on the sticker (0-9, etc.). Then using those characters, create and print a dimensionally correct paper template with all of the sticker info info on it. You would then align this template over your sticker and use a custom hole punch to punch each hole one by one.

I was thinking that the custom hole punch might be created by selecting a drill bit of the correct diameter (those holes are pretty small), drill a hole in a steel plate with the bit, then sharpen flat one edge fo the bit and polish the surface of the block to complete the punch. I guess if you wanted to get really crazy, you could convert an existing hole punch with the custom bit and block.
carr914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 26 2009, 09:07 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 25 2009, 08:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

TC,

Richard

T.C.

Nice idea on the biopsy tool. I know exactly what you are taking about. I am assuming you have to be in the medial industry to get one of those? Or is there a source of these for every day people?

Regarding the punch, how is he making the jig?

I was thinking about this myself and I was wondering if you could create a template (MS Word or similar) for the characters used on the sticker (0-9, etc.). Then using those characters, create and print a dimensionally correct paper template with all of the sticker info info on it. You would then align this template over your sticker and use a custom hole punch to punch each hole one by one.

I was thinking that the custom hole punch might be created by selecting a drill bit of the correct diameter (those holes are pretty small), drill a hole in a steel plate with the bit, then sharpen flat one edge fo the bit and polish the surface of the block to complete the punch. I guess if you wanted to get really crazy, you could convert an existing hole punch with the custom bit and block.

If you go to my "pissed off & need advice" thread about the compliance sticker there is a link to a thread on the Early911 forum about the same problem. There is a member there that offers a kit that includes the 5mm Biopsy tool, 2 correct stickers and 2 practice stickers for $30 shipped (quick). Compare that to 2 stickers from AA for $22 plus shipping and it's deal. Use the practice stickers - I didn't practice enough.

As far as the jig for the Vin#, I think it is being made out of 2 pieces of metal with the complete grid, so it can be used time & time again.

T.C.
MDG
T.C., nice score on the Frankfurt; can't wait to see more progress pics of the car smilie_pokal.gif Oh, and the Fuchs you've refinished look fantastic.

johnnie5
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 23 2009, 11:59 AM) *

I now have a connection on the Black&White Houndstooth as well as a Camel (2-tone brown) Houndstooth which would look good in a Tan interior car.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Will you divulge your source for the Houndstooth fabric? boldblue.gif
6freak
Did the 914-6GT come with a radio?.I thought they where perpose built race cars so why would they have a radio?....added weight...P.S very cool car
carr914
Well, all I can say is this car came from the Factory with a Blaupunkt Frankfurt, which is very Rare to have a Factory install. So between the beautiful Houndstooth, the radio and all the Real M-471 & GT parts this will be a Hybrid - I wonder if I can get a Tax Break idea.gif

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Apr 8 2009, 02:20 PM) *

T.C.

Click to view attachment

My upholstery guy will be more than glad to Drop-Ship the material.

You can get ahold of him at
upholsterybycimo.com
or call 813-975-0009 ask for Tom - tell him T.C. sent you

T.C.
carr914
My 1st completed Compliance sticker to replace the one that the Knucklehead at the shop took off.

I think that once applied, smoothed out and some Signal Orange showing through the holes it will look OK

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
I Hate Rust mad.gif

bcheney
Damn...that looks good TC. Nice job!!
carr914
The other side is nice & tidy now

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
I'm gonna replace the crossmember brace before the floor goes in, too much rust on it, my as well put more new metal in.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
6freak
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 8 2009, 12:08 PM) *

Well, all I can say is this car came from the Factory with a Blaupunkt Frankfurt, which is very Rare to have a Factory install. So between the beautiful Houndstooth, the radio and all the Real M-471 & GT parts this will be a Hybrid - I wonder if I can get a Tax Break idea.gif

T.C.

Right on biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 8 2009, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Apr 8 2009, 02:20 PM) *

T.C.

Click to view attachment

My upholstery guy will be more than glad to Drop-Ship the material.

You can get ahold of him at
upholsterybycimo.com
or call 813-975-0009 ask for Tom - tell him T.C. sent you

T.C.

Here is a sample of the Camel Houndstooth that some people had asked me about

T.C.

Click to view attachment

carr914
Update on #673 - Nothing has been done in the last 3 weeks. When I was there last I needed to order the crossmember that is right in front of the seats. I ordered the parts from AA and they were delivered 2 weeks later. In the meantime the shop owner went to Paris with his girlfriend. After I bought #1724, I realized that 2 complete crossmembers came with the car - one set from AA & one nice set out of a donor car. I asked the shop not to install the piece I bought from AA so I could return it. I brought them over the donor piece along with some other parts from #1724 that can go on this car and picked up the pieces that I need to send back to AA. Nothing wrong with the parts from AA, but it's now something I didn't need to spend money on. The shop was going to put the donor crossmember in after I left and finally the new floor pans can go in. I hope that things will move along faster now.

T.C.
carr914
The Drivers side Long rust cut out - hopefully this is the last of the Rot

carr914
carr914
Going to bring the Electrical system into the 21st Century. Thanks ENG(man) Meister for a great product and "justme" for a good deal.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rfuerst911sc
TC it's looking good. When do you think Gary will be done with it? Is he painting it also?
carr914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 29 2009, 08:37 PM) *

TC it's looking good. When do you think Gary will be done with it? Is he painting it also?

Yes, he is painting it and #1724. At the rate he is going, it will be finished the day before the earth runs out of gas dry.gif

T.C.
URY914
About the same time Solent Green is sold at McDonald's.

Oh wait, I think it already is....
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 29 2009, 10:05 PM) *

About the same time Solent Green is sold at McDonald's.

Oh wait, I think it already is....

Is that on the Dollar Menu? chowtime.gif
carr914
Good News - The Floors are finally in, hopefully this means a speedy completion. piratenanner.gif

T.C.
carr914
Re-Wrapped 914-6/Carrera RS Wheel with Hockey Puck

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 11 2009, 04:56 PM) *

Good News - The Floors are finally in, hopefully this means a speedy completion. piratenanner.gif

T.C.

No comment
carr914
The Floors are in smilie_pokal.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
SWEET!
carr914
Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
looking great man!
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 18 2008, 02:32 PM) *

So if they told you February does that mean you should be ready around April? confused24.gif av-943.gif

Can't wait to see how it comes out T.C.

QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 18 2008, 04:10 PM) *

February 2010.

Well, since it's late June, maybe I can get it back by Paul's date

T.C.
carr914
I put the Tall Manifolds on the IDAs

T.C.

Click to view attachment
bcheney
Some fresh update pics for ya TC...enjoy!

bcheney
more

bcheney
more again

bcheney
more more

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.