Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A 914-6GT Build Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
carr914
You can stick any air-cooled 6 Cylinder 911 Motor in without drivetrain Mods. However I believe 3.6s need engine bay Mods (Sir Andy can address that). And when you go above certain HP, the 901 Tranny won't like it - so a switch to a 915 will be necessary.

As far as what size motor - how much do you want to spend & how fast do you want you want to go.

There are a Ton of Threads relating to 6 Cylinder Conversions on this Forum. This Thread & Car was already a 914-6
carr914
And welcome.png
sixnotfour
A couple of update photos, Next flair work to fit TB's.
sixnotfour
TC did you have the front calipers ? or is it a new addition.
carr914
I gave him 911S Calipers redone by PMB

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 4 2013, 08:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Holly Crap! You aren't done yet!? Beautiful work!
carr914
QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jan 4 2013, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 4 2013, 08:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Holly Crap! You aren't done yet!? Beautiful work!

It's moved on to another guy who is going the race car route (last time he told Lufthansia GT Replica)
carr914
The new owner sent me some update pics today. He has decided not to make it a Lufthansa Race Car clone. Part of the reason for repaint is he went with 9" wheels and they had to pull the flares out, filled in the Original Antenna Hole (?), Cut-out on front hood for a thru gas filler, cut-out in the interior to get to the Fan, crinkle finish on the sail panels & roof, etc.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
ya, that paint job was bubble luscious.....
carr914
What Paint Job, the one my guy put on? It was good, ask URY or bcheney. I found one small flaw, but nothing that worried me
sixnotfour
time marches on.....glad you talked to the buyer
infraredcalvin
This is such a heartbreaking thread, I knew the car was sold, but never went through this entire thread before. Glad you have a few other p-car distractions.

I actually considered (briefly) selling my turbo and my 914 (my 1st car) to buy this as I love the car and what you put into it, ultimately I realized couldn't bear to part with either.

John1180
After looking through this thread, I just realized I bought the 8" minilites you had on the car for my ST project! Sorry it had to change owners, it was a great project!
carr914
QUOTE(John1180 @ Feb 27 2013, 11:28 AM) *

After looking through this thread, I just realized I bought the 8" minilites you had on the car for my ST project! Sorry it had to change owners, it was a great project!

Cool, Glad they went to a Good Home - Those size Tires are impossible to get now

I hope you got the Special Lug Nuts that are Unique to the Wheels
chads74
I was hoping you would still have it, I am moving out there in a couple months and was excited to get to see it. Oh well I am still excited to move where there are a few more teener lovers in the area.
FourBlades

I told you the IMSA car will be done first. biggrin.gif

John
John1180
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 27 2013, 09:44 AM) *

Cool, Glad they went to a Good Home - Those size Tires are impossible to get now

Yes, got the lugs! I wish I could get some 215/50/15's for the front, don't know what to do there. I love the 245's, they're so faaat! Where did you get the glass hood and decklid? I'm thinking of a 914 project. A friend has a good one sitting in his yard.
carr914
QUOTE(John1180 @ Feb 28 2013, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 27 2013, 09:44 AM) *

Where did you get the glass hood and decklid? I'm thinking of a 914 project. A friend has a good one sitting in his yard.

The Hoods came with another GT Project that I bought & I transfered the Parts to this car
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 18 2012, 09:32 PM) *
However I believe 3.6s need engine bay Mods (Sir Andy can address that).

Nope ...

Some things are easier, for example removing the torsion bars for the rear trunk lid will give you some extra space for the intake elbow and removing the (not needed anymore) relay board gives you extra room for other stuff on that side.

But basically, you can stuff a 3.6L in there without any mods or cutting.
shades.gif
sixnotfour
Why no more progress pics ?? magazine deal in work...
carr914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 25 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Why no more progress pics ?? magazine deal in work...

Because the New Owner is Not a Member here.
sixnotfour
I meant, no more can be taken because it will be in a magazine.
carr914
if you are a PCA Member, this car is in the most current Panorama. Todd really had some top-notch people finish it off!
JmuRiz
Looking at it now...WOW is that a cool car!
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 23 2011, 08:02 PM) *

I'm Home monkeydance.gif

Big Thanks to Stratton MotorSports, Armando, SMG, URY, BCheney, eric shea , badm and many others

Pre-Load

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That was a Good Day!
carr914
QUOTE(faux916 @ Dec 28 2009, 12:50 AM) *

T.C Do you remember were the decals came from? smile.gif

I still have these if someone wants to buy them
carr914
#673 is being Restored again for the 3rd time!

Click to view attachment
Shivers
They got 12 years out of it. Was it crashed?
carr914
I lost track of it until I saw a Post on Facebook by Kent Brosseau that looked familiar. I sent him a message and sure enough it was 673
sixnotfour
Had to go back to the bones....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.