Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The official TurtleGirl build thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
TravisNeff
You are kickin ass Joe!
Series9
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 28 2005, 06:06 PM)
The minute you become afraid of something, it will get the best of you. No Fear, Words to live by. Joe, I applaud your efforts. Keep up the good work. clap.gif

Scott, that's nice of you to say, but the fact of the matter is that there's no way to fix the previous damage without removing the fender. It only took an hour.

As for being affraid, I'm only affraid of failing to do the right thing on Liz's car. If I'm going to have a reputable shop in the future, I have to have a reputation for doing things correctly.

This is not really a big deal. Maybe two extra days to have the chassis as right as we can make it after its unfortunate previous event.
redshift
I'd like to invest in your future at a vastly discounted rate because I am prepared to take the chance...

If you build me a car next, I'll give you.. idea.gif like... say $4k.. and I want a good one, it will represent your work on the east coast... and you know how picky people are here. I'd like an MFI 4.0/6.

How long you think it's going to be?

smile.gif

M
Series9
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 28 2005, 06:25 PM)

How long you think it's going to be?

smile.gif

M

Like 50 or 60 years.....
redshift
i guess paying by check really won't help.. cool_shades.gif

M
Eric_Shea
Hey Maestro... do you want those parts? Valance is off a 74. Currently bare metal like the rest of the Turtle. Troy owes me a paint job on it though.
JoeSharp
Joe: If I had only known. We could have cut the whole thing out for you saturday.
Joe: Use my pager when your in town (562) 877-4729.
Page me when you are free in La La.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Series9
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jun 28 2005, 07:17 PM)
Hey Maestro... do you want those parts?

Yes.
Series9
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Jun 28 2005, 08:20 PM)
Joe: If I had only known. We could have cut the whole thing out for you saturday.
Joe: Use my pager when your in town (562) 877-4729.
Page me when you are free in La La.

This time I'm driving.

I'll call tomorrow. Expect a page, but it will be my normal #.

Your address would be helpful.

Jose
JoeSharp
Brother: You have P.M.
Gint
Update your list of needed parts. I may have a few small pieces for ya I bring out Saturday.
Series9
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 28 2005, 09:08 PM)
Update your list of needed parts. I may have a few small pieces for ya I bring out Saturday.

The list is new. What you see is what we need.
Gint
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 28 2005, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 28 2005, 09:08 PM)
Update your list of needed parts.  I may have a few small pieces for ya I bring out Saturday.

The list is new. What you see is what we need.

That list is two days old and Eric's got a valance, you're driving to L.A. and going to visit Joe. You could probably fill a shopping cart at Joe's place. I like to travel light when I'm hauling my wife and three kids around for a week.
Series9
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 28 2005, 09:33 PM)
That list is two days old and Eric's got a valance, you're driving to L.A. and going to visit Joe. You could probably fill a shopping cart at Joe's place. I like to travel light when I'm hauling my wife and three kids around for a week.

Understandable.

What I need from Mr. Sharp is not on the list.

Remove the valence from Eric, and go from there. If you have anything that'll take up much space, don't worry about it. Liz and I will arrange a trip to Denver to make a pick-up.
CptTripps
I think I've got you covered on the turn signal lenses, fuel tank strap and fuel tank support.

I'll look in the garage tonight and drop you a PM.
MoveQik
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 28 2005, 05:16 PM)
As for being affraid, I'm only affraid of failing to do the right thing on Liz's car.  If I'm going to have a reputable shop in the future, I have to have a reputation for doing things correctly.

Have I been under a rock?? I didn't know you were doing all this in order to work up to your own shop. Very cool. I missed WCC05 so I haven't seen your car in person but I have followed all the threads. If your car is any indicator, your shop will be turning out some sweet cars.

I have front lenses if CptTripps doesn't.
TurtleGirl
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 28 2005, 10:41 PM)
If you have anything that'll take up much space, don't worry about it. Liz and I will arrange a trip to Denver to make a pick-up.

Hee Hee! Yeah... It's not hard to convince me that I need to drink beer in Denver. Road Trip, anyone?!? beer3.gif
Series9
I had a very productive day in the OC. I first met up with the always-entertaining Joe Sharp, then had dinner at his favorite watering hole.

Afterwards, we decided to head over to Scott Kline's where I got a ride in the (respectably fast) Shalom and scored a bunch of parts for Liz.

Liz, you got:

Door mount sheet metal pillar section from Joe Sharp

From Scott:

Complete rear sway bar assembly with mounts, drop links and shock bolts
Pedal assembly
One front lense
'A' pillar interior trim
Engine bay shift rod

Expect delivery via Lear jet on Friday.
Series9
The list gets shorter. (Eric, I've deleted the parts you offered from the list)

Front valence (GT style fiberglass)
Front turn lense (1 US)
Fuel tank supports (rubber and felt)
Fuel tank strap (front)
19mm master cylinder
Interior windshield trim (center)
Targa latches (front)
Throttle pedal
Aluminum door sills (two inside)
Early window handles
Exterior door handles (in very good condition)
Rockers (steel)
Aluminum seal channels for windshield targa seal and on roll bar
Interior trim for the roll bar (all 3)
Exterior trim for the roll bar (all 3)
Center tunnel cover plates (front and rear)
Dash top
Tranny
1 drive shaft
2 drive shaft nuts
2 stub axles
Series9
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jun 29 2005, 04:51 AM)
I think I've got you covered on the turn signal lenses, fuel tank strap and fuel tank support.

I'll look in the garage tonight and drop you a PM.

Doug, I still need the rubber and felt tank supports, the forward strap and hardware and one US lense.

Gint
I kinda figured that list would shorten up. wink.gif

Now I can keep that factory rear sway bar complete with drop links and shock pins. cool.gif

So you have front sway fender well supports? The ltriangular jobbies. I have a couple of stock ones cut out from a sacrificial tub that I don't need.

I have one brand new front lense in a box around here somewhere. That's the only thing left on your list that I have that I know I can give up right now. If I find it this evening, I'll bring it with me.
TurtleGirl
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 29 2005, 11:24 PM)

Expect delivery via Lear jet on Friday.

You'd think I had friends in 'high' places!!!

Thanks Joe, Joe & Scott! I wish I could have been in SoCal to hang out last night!!! Sounds like fun! happy11.gif
Series9
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 30 2005, 06:08 AM)
So you have front sway fender well supports? The ltriangular jobbies. I have a couple of stock ones cut out from a sacrificial tub that I don't need.

I have one brand new front lense in a box around here somewhere. That's the only thing left on your list that I have that I know I can give up right now. If I find it this evening, I'll bring it with me.

We have the front sway bar reinforcements, so just the lense would be great.
tat2dphreak
hijacked.gif ok joe, I think we need to see a bigger version of that avatar... wink.gif
Joe Bob
user posted image
TurtleGirl
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I forgot about that, Joe!!! That's me and Lauren "Chinese Leg Wrestling" ... Yeah, that's what it's called now days!!!

OK, Joe! Come home already! I'm ready to weld! welder.gif
skline
I liked what Joe calls it. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 30 2005, 12:51 PM)
I liked what Joe calls it. biggrin.gif

agree.gif
reminds me:
anyone listen to 'scissor sisters'? wink.gif
Joe Bob
Lightened up for detail....damn, no butt thongs.... cool_shades.gif
Series9
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ Jun 30 2005, 10:49 AM)
laugh.gif  :lol:  :lol:

I forgot about that, Joe!!! That's me and Lauren "Chinese Leg Wrestling" ...  Yeah, that's what it's called now days!!!

OK, Joe! Come home already! I'm ready to weld! welder.gif

We could work on it mid day on Saturday, so Mike thinks we're being really productive.

As for the Avatar, I got tired of seeing me staring back at me.
Series9
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jun 30 2005, 11:49 AM)

Neither generally wears any underwear. cool.gif
tat2dphreak
proof of what David Spade said: "no woman is more than 2 drinks away from a little girl-on-girl action" smile.gif
Series9
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 30 2005, 12:57 PM)
proof of what David Spade said: "no woman is more than 2 drinks away from a little girl-on-girl action" smile.gif

They're both 'You-go-to-the-store-to-pick-up-some-vodka-while-we-get-started' from girl-on-girl action........ wub.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 30 2005, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 30 2005, 12:57 PM)

They're both 'You-go-to-the-store-to-pick-up-some-vodka-while-we-get-started' from girl-on-girl action........ wub.gif

pray.gif pray.gif

you lead a good life... sweet as hell teener, surrounded by bi women... smile.gif beer.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif Joe,

Where are you? Are you going to be in OC this Saturday? I am going there to pick-up my 914-6 3.6. beerchug.gif

Dan
skline
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jun 30 2005, 01:02 PM)
ohmy.gif Joe,

Where are you? Are you going to be in OC this Saturday? I am going there to pick-up my 914-6 3.6. beerchug.gif

Dan

Dan, You going to stop by while you are out here? I should be home if I am not working out at the port. Let me know and we can do lunch or something.
xitspd
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 30 2005, 12:06 PM)
ohmy.gif   Joe,

Where are you?  Are you going to be in OC this Saturday?  I am going there to pick-up my 914-6 3.6.   beerchug.gif

Dan

Dan, You going to stop by while you are out here? I should be home if I am not working out at the port. Let me know and we can do lunch or something.

Cool! I will call you when I get to our shop in Orange Saturday morning.

Dan
Series9
ohmy.gif Joe,

Dan

I'm going home in the morning (Friday). We'll get it together some time.

We're going to want pictures from Saturday. Mike Ginter is stopping in Rio Rancho on his way down south, so we'll be having beers at my house.
xitspd
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 30 2005, 01:41 PM)
ohmy.gif   Joe,

Where are you?  Are you going to be in OC this Saturday?  I am going there to pick-up my 914-6 3.6.   beerchug.gif

Dan

I'm going home in the morning (Friday). We'll get it together some time.

We're going to want pictures from Saturday. Mike Ginter is stopping in Rio Rancho on his way down south, so we'll be having beers at my house.

OK, next time! I'll be posting a lot of pictures next week...

Dan
skline
Well, Dan if you come by I will take some pictures of your car and post them up. I would take pictures anyway.
TurtleGirl
QUOTE (914RS @ Jun 30 2005, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jun 30 2005, 11:49 AM)

Neither generally wears any underwear. cool.gif

Stole my thunder...

Joe's right. It's pretty rare if we're wearing drawers... Not that he'd know first hand... wait... ahhh shit.
Series9
This thread is so out of hand.

We've got 18 pages and we're still in bare metal. I'm curious to see how far it goes, but I promise a condensed version upon completion.
VegasRacer
15 pages ago Liz said
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ May 16 2005, 09:47 AM)
We're almost ready to paint!

What is the hold up Joe???
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 1 2005, 01:31 AM)
15 pages ago Liz said

give the guy a break... who do you think he is? CptTripps?! wink.gif w00t.gif

besides, who can get work done when it's 110 and you have women who don't believe in underwear bumping tacos... biggrin.gif
Series9
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 30 2005, 11:31 PM)
15 pages ago Liz said

Yes, and in the next post I said to not listen to Liz until she sees me with a loaded paint gun in my hand.

I'm hoping to have color in the compartments and on the bottom by the end of August. Then, if Liz will do her homework and get the suspension pieces painted, we'll get her on her feet. The new wheels are on the UPS truck out for delivery today!

Then it will go to the painter for the exterior work. You remember my painter, right? We should have the chassis fully painted by the winter.....

Once we have the painted roller, it's downhill from there. beer.gif
JoeSharp
Yeah! Page 247...
VegasRacer
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 1 2005, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 30 2005, 11:31 PM)
15 pages ago Liz said

Yes, and in the next post I said to not listen to Liz until she sees me with a loaded paint gun in my hand.

Sure. I remember reading that part too. I thought it was chairfall.gif

I try to never let a complete and accurate reporting of the facts get in the way or influence any of my post. wacko.gif

P.S. - Keep up the good work. You are doing a great job. smash.gif Maybe you can inspire some of the jackstand junkies around here will follow your lead and get busy on their teeners so they can enjoy driving them.
Series9
Wheels are here.
Gint
See you guys in around 8 hours or so.
Eric_Shea
They're both 'You-go-to-the-store-to-pick-up-some-vodka-while-we-get-started' from girl-on-girl action........

When would you like me to drop off those parts? blink.gif

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.