Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any shelter in place projects ? non-914 is OK !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Maltese Falcon
Essential grocery shopping this morning, seniors get in at 730am cause Old guys rule. Never leave without something to add to the Hot Wheels collection . This one is the MoonEyes vW shop delivery Beetle/ pick-up
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 17 2020, 08:20 PM) *

Essential grocery shopping this morning, seniors get in at 730am cause Old guys rule. Never leave without something to add to the Hot Wheels collection . This one is the MoonEyes vW shop delivery Beetle/ pick-up
Click to view attachment

I just made the connection for the first time......the Moon Eyes logo
is the trade mark of Dean Moon.....Holy Crap !
r_towle
Sequestrailer
GregAmy
The things you will do when you're stir crazy...NA Miata bi-fold sunvisors.

Click to view attachment
ctc911ctc
Got around to an engine tear-down. My son was given a 2006 Suzuki AT-Z250. The engine ate a piston and cylinder.

Have a new Cylinder and Piston - fishing out all of the metal in the crankcase and gearcase. So far I have about 1/2 of the pieces. Trying NOT to crack the case.......May have to if I cannot get some more big chunks.

Inside bearings, gears, mechanisms are pristine, perhaps a couple hundred hours at most on the engine - worth saving.

Click to view attachment
euro911
Mowed the rear lawn ...

Click to view attachment

... removed a solar panel array so we can start on the laundry room re-roof project next week ...

Click to view attachment

... scrubbed a really cruddy old patio chair and sprayed a clear-coat of flex-seal on it ...

Click to view attachment

... scrubbed and sprayed flat black paint on the Cayman's underbody shields ...

Click to view attachment

... and trimmed my wife's bush rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

laugh.gif
914forme
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Apr 18 2020, 06:32 PM) *

The things you will do when you're stir crazy...NA Miata bi-fold sunvisors.

Click to view attachment

I had the same idea, glad to see it worked.
white1975
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 16 2020, 06:10 PM) *

OK ... what's the pipe for? ... future powder room? confused24.gif

I disassembled, cut up and disposed of the termite-infested lumber that once was a pergola I had built for my wife many years ago ... sawzall-smiley.gif

Click to view attachment

remote tuned
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Stashed down in a Parking structure , while attending to some essential banking...could win the Caption... " If 2020 was a Car"

Click to view attachment
djway
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 18 2020, 07:27 PM) *

Stashed down in a Parking structure , while attending to some essential banking...could win the Caption... " If 2020 was a Car"

Click to view attachment

Low Flying Tiger
euro911
... and for the coup de gras, grabbed an old rusty, faded paint cargo rack that my brother gave me ... washed & dried it and hit it with Rust Reformer® primer. I'll give it a good coat of semi-gloss in a few days shades.gif

Before:

Click to view attachment

After:

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
This wasn't on the list, but fun! Ran over a cinder block at 70MPH.
euro911
This was fun to watch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/q3YPTkBRaOk
euro911
Skill ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/dEyTW4D8vRg
Maltese Falcon
Some of my archive pics/ RIR early 1980's
Kremer 935 K4 -01 , POC time trials owner/ driver Mike H. The car was sold off in that decade...today for sale over at Canepa's
Some guys that drove her; Fitzpatrick, Wollek, Hobbs, Holbert (Lowenbrau #14 livery), Bell, Henn. Glad that Mike hung on to #40 Sonauto all these years... we found the center-lock Lug socket for the Kremer K4 in the trunk of the 9146gt !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
...nother' same track day, this is my bud Jim Torres in his Burbank Coach Works 934 (GTO class). Purchased from Cook Woods Racing, and was formerly in 935 bodywork . Jim Historic races these days with 935, 962, and builds horizontal fan assemblies for hardcore racers. He also put the steel gt body on my 914 back in 1989.
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
RIR...Jimmy at the white stripe start/ finish line
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Pulled this out of the garage to make it less air cooled, er, air ventilated anyway...
euro911
What year is it?
ctc911ctc
Still getting all of the broken piston parts out of my son's Suzuki 250 ATV engine - kinda like an Easter Egg Hunt, the more you look, the more you find!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
djway
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 19 2020, 01:05 PM) *

Kremer 935 K4 -01 , POC time trials owner/ driver Mike H. The car was sold off in that decade...today for sale over at Canepa's
Some guys that drove her; Fitzpatrick, Wollek, Hobbs, Holbert (Lowenbrau #14 livery), Bell, Henn. Glad that Mike hung on to #40 Sonauto all these years... we found the center-lock Lug socket for the Kremer K4 in the trunk of the 9146gt !
Click to view attachment

Nothing like beautiful Edgemont.
I remember many a day laying in the backyard and uncles house in Riverside and listening to the cars thunder down the straightaway and into turn nine. Sweet dreams.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 19 2020, 04:53 PM) *

What year is it?

'67 or earlier IMHO
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(djway @ Apr 19 2020, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 19 2020, 01:05 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Nothing like beautiful Edgemont.
I remember many a day laying in the backyard and uncles house in Riverside and listening to the cars thunder down the straightaway and into turn nine. Sweet dreams.

Edgemont residential area...must have been as loud as the RV spectators row between 8 and 9 biggrin.gif Everytime I (in 914 ) and nephew Shane in the support truck (Rabbit pick-up) would see that orange 76 ball and exit at Day St., our adrenaline already started pumping aktion035.gif
euro911
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 19 2020, 06:01 PM) *
What year is it?
'67 or earlier IMHO
Oh, for sure a SWB car. SWB 911/912 series are my favorites. I have a '66 912 here, and getting ready to pull my '64 911 out of storage soon ... smile.gif
Unobtanium-inc
So this shows how much we need entertainment. My kids and me built a picnic table to watch the squirrels eat. This should be fun!
rgalla9146
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 19 2020, 09:33 PM) *

What year is it?
'67 or earlier IMHO
Oh, for sure a SWB car. SWB 911/912 series are my favorites. I have a '66 912 here, and getting ready to pull my '64 911 out of storage soon ... smile.gif

SIXTY FOUR ? !!!!!!!!! 911 !!!!!!!
one of how few ? surely a prototype.
picture please !
Tdskip
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 19 2020, 10:45 PM) *

So this shows how much we need entertainment. My kids and me built a picnic table to watch the squirrels eat. This should be fun!

Awesome!
Tdskip
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 19 2020, 03:53 PM) *

What year is it?

@euro911 - that is the 1967 912, believe it or not it looked at lot worse before. Finally got the front fenders back on, nice to install rather than remove something.

Click to view attachment
Tdskip

'67 or earlier IMHO

@rgalla9146 - Nailed it!
TravisNeff
Pulled the engine out of Jen's Targa. Replacing all the fuel lines and fixing some engine leaks on the top of the engine.

Tdskip
@travisneff - looks pretty clean already.
TravisNeff
Top side of the engine does not look too bad. The underside of the engine looked 2x as bad as the trans. little leak on the top of the engine for a few years made a big mess. This is a fun project
Tdskip
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Apr 20 2020, 11:45 AM) *

Top side of the engine does not look too bad. The underside of the engine looked 2x as bad as the trans. little leak on the top of the engine for a few years made a big mess. This is a fun project

If cleaning leaking oil and crud is fun, then boy have I got a load of good times waiting for you should you get bored!

Hope all is well in AZ.
TravisNeff
All is great in AZ. We did a run up to Prescott with the AZPorsche facebook group. Wills made a cool video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZV8Jnii5_Q...V8cVrKKEAFzn9dI
euro911
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Apr 20 2020, 10:05 AM) *
All is great in AZ. We did a run up to Prescott with the AZPorsche facebook group. Wills made a cool video.

Cool video, but so much for 'social distancing', eh? ... and not one 914 in the bunch? slap.gif

Looking at all the license plates reminds me ... I purchased the Cayman in CA but plan to title & register in AZ, but with the 'lockdown' in place, haven't had the opportunity to tow it to AZ yet. Having a 'new' car that you can't [legally] drive is total BS ... it's akin to getting a new battery-operated toy for Christmas, but 'someone' forgot to get batteries for it dry.gif

So what to do? I CHEATED and said FUCH IT! happy11.gif ... I stuck a bogus plate on it and on one outing, the three CHP vehicles that came up from behind and slowly passed us probably just thought the plate was some out-of-state vanity plate, and kept on going confused24.gif

Some of you may remember the 2009 WCC commemorative plates Joe Sharp had made up ... well ...

Click to view attachment

... rolleyes.gif ... laugh.gif
euro911
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 20 2020, 05:15 AM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 19 2020, 09:33 PM) *
What year is it?
'67 or earlier IMHO
SIXTY FOUR ? !!!!!!!!! 911 !!!!!!!
one of how few ? surely a prototype.
picture please !
Production model, one of the elusive '232' 901/911s manufactured in 1964. The German equivalency's motor vehicle agency titled and registered the first-year cars the same year as manufactured when first sold in 1964. This one was close to the end of 1964 production, #189 of 232.

The doctor who originally purchased it immigrated to the US in 1970 and had it shipped here. I purchased it from him in 1977 when it was just considered an 'old Porsche' ... for $2,500.

I lost a HDD and unfortunately, I think some of the pix were on it headbang.gif
euro911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/PuUQGJ4oW8g
euro911
WAIT! ... DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL ... laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/AxrayKQ2CO8
TravisNeff
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 20 2020, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Apr 20 2020, 10:05 AM) *

Cool video, but so much for 'social distancing', eh? ... and not one 914 in the bunch? slap.gif

Looking at all the license plates reminds me ... I purchased the Cayman in CA but plan to title & register in AZ, but with the 'lockdown' in place, haven't had the opportunity to tow it to AZ yet. Having a 'new' car that you can't [legally] drive is total BS ... it's akin to getting a new battery-operated toy for Christmas, but 'someone' forgot to get batteries for it dry.gif

So what to do? I CHEATED and said FUCH IT! happy11.gif ... I stuck a bogus plate on it and on one outing, the three CHP vehicles that came up from behind and slowly passed us probably just thought the plate was some out-of-state vanity plate, and kept on going confused24.gif

Some of you may remember the 2009 WCC commemorative plates Joe Sharp had made up ... well ...

Click to view attachment

... rolleyes.gif ... laugh.gif

I bet the cops are hesitant to pull anyone over right now.
SO.O.C914er
That was good stuff! Really enjoy the kart racing. Raced motocross and desert for 18 years some of my most memorable battles were not for first..... smoke.gif
euro911
Did you/do you know Brett Helms?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/AnyjSdEY8I8
SO.O.C914er
Wow cool to see the old track again. I have a few Carlsbad trophies from both motocross and Grand Prix races....good times. Don’t recall Brett I raced with the over the hill gang, OTMX and Lost Angels M/C
Tdskip

In CA actually CHP is being encouraged to use judgement as to what if an offense related to DMV status.

If I had a new car I'd drive it but make sure I had a copy of sales contract and proof of insurance handy.
euro911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 21 2020, 07:12 AM) *

In CA actually CHP is being encouraged to use judgement as to what if an offense related to DMV status.

If I had a new car I'd drive it but make sure I had a copy of sales contract and proof of insurance handy.
Well, she's on the rack with all the underbody shields removed at the moment anyway.

I picked up some additional small parts from Circle Porsche in Long Beach yesterday (they have pretty good prices smile.gif ) ... and I had to get a headlight removal tool - it's needed to remove the front bumper valance so I can check the condition of the radiator coolant hoses.
mepstein
Cops had a big radar trap yesterday on route 1 in Delaware. I had an suv blast by me at 100mph, saw an unmarked black suburban behind an overpass and then a mile down the road, there were 12 cop cars with another dozen cars pulled over, including the speeding suv. I guess they got tired of all the speeding.
euro911
Speeding, running red lights & stop signs is becoming the norm for way too many folks. Yesterday we were on the 405 freeway, average speed was 80 and people were still passing us up at 90+ blink.gif
JmuRiz
Other than trying to work and be a part time kindergarten teacher, my wife and I taught the 5 year old kiddo how to ride a bike in 3 days. (Took my 27 year old bike in for a tune up as well as the wife’s 20 year old)

Then we started selling off baby stuff, looked around the garage and saw 10 years of unfinished projects and decided to take a free redwood playset that was neglected from someone a mile down the road and disassemble and re-assemble, repair, clean and site prep in my tiny yard. Anything to get the wiggles out of an active kid.

Once that’s done I’ll get the garage sorted and workable again.

...took almost 3 full years to wake up from my dads surprise passing and start moving/motivating again.

I’ll update once the playset is finished...when I get on a real computer tomorrow I’ll post the before and the 2-days later 1/2 reassembled shot:
rgalla9146

That's beautiful.
You'll enjoy that picture for the rest of your life.
JamesM
Started out slow with a little of this

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Then moved on to some of this

Click to view attachment

Then figured it was time I got around to putting this thing together

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and take care of all the little things necessary to cram it into this

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Actually wound up installing the motor and then pulling it and tearing it down again due to my OCD when i remembered i hadnt painted the under side of the tin before then installing it a 2nd time. Wound up swapping the exhaust on the M3 twice as well, first time to bring it back to stock (I bought it with an after market catback on it, wife said it was annoying) then then later that day swapping it back to the aftermarket cat back after the wife said it was a "pansy car" now, "didnt sound like an M3 should" and that "she preferred to hear me coming". I cant win, but at it gave me something to do.

euro911
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 21 2020, 10:36 PM) *
Started out slow with a little of this

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

... I can't win, but at it gave me something to do.
Looks like you had a busy day, eh? Everything you worked on looks great.

Coincidentally, when my wife & I were loading up boxes into my truck for an impending run to AZ, I noticed the grilles on my Westy were looking shabby and in need of a new paint job (again). I think I'm going to spray with a semi-gloss this time - the flat paint I used last time didn't seem to hold up to well dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.