Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any shelter in place projects ? non-914 is OK !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
euro911
My buddy/body guard (lol) Carl, demo'd the old drywall ceiling & flat roofing members yesterday ...

Click to view attachment

Today, Greg & I nailed in some ceiling joists & did more blocking where needed. The room is only 10' long x 9' wide with 1/2" drywall going on the ceiling, so we could span it with 2x4s ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Spur of the moment decision was made to build a cap over the bathroom area at 6' 6" AFF, offering about 20" of extra storage space above the cap idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Got another wild hair up my ass - found an old 36" x 48" double sash window that my wife stripped a few years ago ... decided to demo all the old west facing windows and frame in a new jamb for this.

Click to view attachment

Dropped the window at a local door & sash company for an estimate to make the jamb for it - saving me a lot of time rather than trying to do it myself aktion035.gif The same company constructed my entry door unit and side window for the front porch remodel a couple years ago.

Click to view attachment

(EDIT): They are under new ownership and their prices have gone up - a lot dry.gif ... watched some good videos on Youtube, so it looks like going to build the jamb myself after all sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Existing stucco and shear walls will get covered with Tyvek vapor barrier and horizontal wood siding. We decided to side the entire back of the house to make it all match.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 5 2020, 09:13 PM) *

My buddy/body guard (lol) Carl, demo'd the old drywall ceiling & flat roofing members yesterday ...

Click to view attachment

Today, Greg & I nailed in the ceiling joists & did more blocking where needed. The room is only 10' long x 9'wide with 1/2" drywall going on the ceiling, so we could span it with 2x4s ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Spur of the moment decision was made to build a cap over the bathroom area at 6' 6" AFF, offering about 24" of extra storage space above the cap idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Got another wild hair up my ass - found an old 36x48" double sash window that my wife stripped a few years ago ... decided to demo all the old west facing windows and frame in a new jamb for this.

Click to view attachment

Dropped the window at a local door & sash company to make the jamb for it - saving me a lot of time rather than trying to do it myself aktion035.gif The same company constructed my entry door unit and side window for the front porch remodel a couple years ago.

Click to view attachment

Existing stucco and shear walls will get covered with Tyvek vapor barrier and horizontal wood siding. We decided to side the entire back of the house to make it all match.

Do I see the cornerof a Vanagon there ?
euro911
Yes sir ... That 'Eileen' smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Rleog
3rd brake light

Click to view attachment

billh1963
Started building a 10'x16' "mobile" chicken coop on a boat trailer. My oldest son decided he wanted to try his hand at raising chickens. dry.gif

We'll finish up this weekend. Yes, we got carried away lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
That's awesome! Talk about counting your eggs before your chickens hatch...wait, is that right?
Toby
Can someone reference a thread or give me the basics about the 914 rear swing arm geometry? I'm using the Pontiac front bearing, hub and caliper and will build the swing arm to bolt to that (those) parts. I think it's about 10-15 degree so the camber changes as it moves and otherwise horizontal.

The chicken coop is cool. I assume you move it occasionally to have fresh ground for the garden? He could have his own noodle business.
euro911
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 8 2020, 09:39 AM) *
That's awesome! Talk about counting your eggs before your chickens hatch...wait, is that right?
laugh.gif

That's like saying "putting your horse in front of the cart"

It's: "Counting your chickens before the eggs hatch"

Hope your son recoops recoups on his investment rolleyes.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 8 2020, 03:36 PM) *

That's like saying "putting your horse in front of the cart"

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
I have to tell everyone, if you want non-stop entertainment, build furniture for squirrels, it's hilarious! Extra time at home has it benefits, squirrel furniture!
mepstein
Adam - I think the virus got to you.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 8 2020, 03:33 PM) *

Adam - I think the virus got to you.

I haven't started naming the squirrels yet so not full crazy, yet...
RiqueMar
Built a home vegetable vegetable garden!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ May 8 2020, 04:59 PM) *

Love it, my wife just saw this post...just build it she said. sad.gif
euro911
The exterior of the laundry room remodel is getting closer to completion ... currently installing the vapor barrier and new siding

Click to view attachment

Tore out the 70 year-old old fixed windows, framed for a new double sash window that I'm constructing ...

Click to view attachment

... and inside, creating some extra storage space above the mini bathroom ceiling ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Almost ready for insulation and drywall popcorn[1].gif
Olympic 914
Our Garden.

Posts are 3 feet down and bottom row of timbers have 2 ft rebar driven into the ground. Can't put a roof on it because then it would be a building and it's in the power co. right of way.

Lot's of Deer in this area. None have jumped the fence yet.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
saigon71
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 27 2020, 06:58 PM) *

Been putting the finishing touches on my teardrop trailer. I just have some headliner material to install on the interior and then it’ll be ready. I built everything from scratch. Aluminum trailer and the body is all foam. The entire thing weighs 200-300 lbs. I built it to tow behind anything.

Click to view attachment

This looks awesome! beerchug.gif I've always liked the teardrop trailiers. Can you post some pics of the inside?
tygaboy
I reupholstered the patio chairs that we use out in front of the storage building.
It's storage now but I designed it with a sleeping loft. Long term, it'll become "The Casita" for weekend / short term guests.
euro911
Nice. How much acreage have you got there?

Cut, primed and painted more siding today. Also cut and installed the slats for the attic vent, matching the existing vent architecture. Hoping to finish wrapping with the moisture barrier and installing the remaining siding on the west side tomorrow ...

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Coop almost finished....nesting box installed, water barrel in and piping done (don't have a picture of that) and feeder going in today

The Chicken McMansion is almost ready to move in!

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Click to view attachment
billh1963
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment I finally finished tile and installed the fixtures. Not really my style but the customer loves it .
76-914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 17 2020, 05:25 AM) *

Don't forget the glass eggs. shades.gif
76-914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 21 2020, 10:36 PM) *

Started out slow with a little of this

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Then moved on to some of this

Click to view attachment

Then figured it was time I got around to putting this thing together

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and take care of all the little things necessary to cram it into this

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Actually wound up installing the motor and then pulling it and tearing it down again due to my OCD when i remembered i hadnt painted the under side of the tin before then installing it a 2nd time. Wound up swapping the exhaust on the M3 twice as well, first time to bring it back to stock (I bought it with an after market catback on it, wife said it was annoying) then then later that day swapping it back to the aftermarket cat back after the wife said it was a "pansy car" now, "didnt sound like an M3 should" and that "she preferred to hear me coming". I cant win, but at it gave me something to do.

That's a Beauty James. Bringing it to RRC this year? beerchug.gif
euro911
Making more progress. West side almost done - still need to deal with the window.

Click to view attachment

Picked up some more exterior siding for the north side this morning - will cut to size, prime & paint this afternoon.

Really need to focus on getting the roof prepped for shingles ... we got hit with a freak rain day last week dry.gif
TonyA
Click to view attachment

Built a Air dryer system

Click to view attachment

Cleaned up bench and covered with some left over storefront panels and stainless steel door kick plates.

Click to view attachment

Built another bench with french cleat organizing.
getting ready to move in the cars to start working.
This is the first time picture posting hope it works.
preach
Well, I have been working this whole time so not really sheltering in place. I went to San Diego BC (before covid) and was out there for about 1.5 months after the covid got here. Since I have been home I have still been working but I limit my going out.

My shop has been a mess for a while, basically cow paths to get to things. I have been trying to remedy that while continuing to do yard work, home improvements, wrench on my Opel, etc.

I am not much of a carpenter but I built a tire rack yesterday to get some floor space free. Please ignore some of the angles the 2 2x4s holding the tires are level but the mounts suffer from a 130yo barn.

Click to view attachment
Toby
QUOTE(preach @ May 24 2020, 05:48 AM) *

Well, I have been working this whole time so not really sheltering in place. I went to San Diego BC (before covid) and was out there for about 1.5 months after the covid got here. Since I have been home I have still been working but I limit my going out.

My shop has been a mess for a while, basically cow paths to get to things. I have been trying to remedy that while continuing to do yard work, home improvements, wrench on my Opel, etc.

I am not much of a carpenter but I built a tire rack yesterday to get some floor space free. Please ignore some of the angles the 2 2x4s holding the tires are level but the mounts suffer from a 130yo barn.

Click to view attachment

With that much weight, I would put in a middle support.

Now I look at a work bench and have fond memory's of when the top was clear.
Unobtanium-inc
My son and I took down the old outhouse and shed at the Lakehouse in NH. The first year we owned the place we worked on it in the winter with the water turned off so I can actually say I've used said outhouse. But it was time to go.
preach
@Unobtanium-inc where in NH? I am in Somersworth over by Dover.

@Toby I concur but it is not sagging yet. Those 6 spoke Audi wheels are huge weight too. I hung off both ends and the middle @ 230#. I might put in a triangle brace between the windows.
My plan for that side of the shop is to put wheels on the Kennedy bench and roll it over by my other WB and put shelves up to the windows for bin storage. the will tie into the tire rack as well.
Larmo63
Lots of things done to the 911. So many "while you're in there" issues. All fixed.

Almost ready for the June 6 drive.....Click to view attachment
Larmo63
This is supposed to be one piece, not zip tied together.....?

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(preach @ May 24 2020, 07:39 AM) *

@Unobtanium-inc where in NH? I am in Somersworth over by Dover.

@Toby I concur but it is not sagging yet. Those 6 spoke Audi wheels are huge weight too. I hung off both ends and the middle @ 230#. I might put in a triangle brace between the windows.
My plan for that side of the shop is to put wheels on the Kennedy bench and roll it over by my other WB and put shelves up to the windows for bin storage. the will tie into the tire rack as well.

Our shack is in Richmond, about 30 mins south of Keene, almost in Mass, but enough in that I can play the part. I actually have a Porsche parked there right now, picked up three cars near Salem, so stopped here on the way home.
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 24 2020, 10:55 AM) *

Lots of things done to the 911. So many "while you're in there" issues. All fixed.

Almost ready for the June 6 drive.....Click to view attachment

Looks great. Back date and wide body that puppy........... idea.gif
Larmo63
Interesting......

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2020/05/24...aign=2020-05-24
Tdskip
Working on the ‘68 Fiat 124 Sport Spider. Replacignthe engine mounts only to find that the DPO stripped the bottom engine mount bolt which, of course, rececessed into the front subframe. So now the front suspension and engine have to come out to do that.

#{%}%!!! headbang.gif
euro911
Almost finished building my very first double sash window jamb. Still waiting for the sill material ordered from Homie Depot and having the diffused glass installed (which I'll job out - I'm terrible at glazing).

Click to view attachment

The next window jamb should be a whole lot easier ... it'll either be fixed, or possibly a transom window, hinged at the bottom idea.gif

I started prepping the area where that window is going ... cutting the stucco was a messy job dry.gif

Click to view attachment

... Also, last week I picked up some used 75 watt solar panels (that were on one of the old Toyota headquarters' buildings) for $20. each. They didn't have frames, so, since I had the tools handy, built a wooden frame for one of them. This one is for a friend who needs to keep the battery in his camp trailer charged up. I'll make frames for the other panels somewhere down the road ...

Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 25 2020, 05:56 AM) *

This is supposed to be one piece, not zip tied together.....?

Click to view attachment

looks to be broken...caused by several large apes with screwdrivers biggrin.gif .
euro911
Missing the other half of the fuse holders too confused24.gif
Unobtanium-inc
One good thing about lots of time at home, the go-kart track is looking really good. I was teaching my nephew the track last week, he rolled the kart, on my leg! Luckily my neighbor was playing B-ball a few feet away and righted the kart. Scrapes, swollen ankle, and I think a cracked rib, but the only way you learn to drive, is to crash every now and then.
RickS
Removed the flag mirrors and put on some Italian jobs.

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Decided it was time to service/clean out the plasma table. Methinks I shall not wait so long next time!
Cairo94507
That's a working table for sure. beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 1 2020, 03:17 PM) *

Decided it was time to service/clean out the plasma table. Methinks I shall not wait so long next time!

Forget the table...what's the transaxle ? Chevy something ?
Toby
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 1 2020, 04:40 PM) *

Must be a front wheel drive with longitudinal mounted engine. I'm using the GM 3800 with supercharger and traverse mount. Interesting.
tygaboy
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 1 2020, 05:40 PM) *

@Toby @rgalla9146

It's a Cayman S PDK, awaiting a kit that allows it to sit behind an LS3.
Complete with launch control, traction control and 2 drive modes. Yes, seriously.
VaccaRabite
I bought this 1966 m416 1/4 ton army trailer.
IPB Image

Had to do a little rust removal to either side of the wheels.
IPB Image

Built and welded in a sturdy steel rack, including reinforcing the tub where the rack attached.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Kids and dog approve so far....
IPB Image

Got it in primer...
IPB Image

Painted and new tires!
Admitted I did almost no metal prep aside from grinding down flaking paint from its prior 60 years of life. Paint looks good from 20 feet, but its rough looking up close.
IPB Image

What what what?! Theo ran the lift while I guided the package to a point where it was up on the rack.
IPB Image

The money shot for my off road camping trailer:
IPB Image

Not quite a month in from day dream to now. First camping trip will be fathers day weekend, gotta get it legal by then!

Zach

TonyA
Zach Is that a Smity built camper set up.
mepstein
Zach - Looks great. Your kids grew up. Have fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.