Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast Wrenching Revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
RS22b
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Sep 20 2006, 01:08 PM) *

I also may want them idea.gif

Need a rear swaybar???

Whoever may want them would be great. I do need a rear swaybar as well as a front bar. Im sure i have alot more parts around for 914's not sure exactly what i have though.

QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 20 2006, 02:23 PM) *

Do ss exchangers allow more flow than non ss? If so, ss might better handle your larger valves...

-pt

I think they might. I have a set of stock exchangers without thier shrouds on them so you can see exactly what the diameter is, small, haha.

You guys goin to be working in Lyndhurst on Thursday? if so i can definitly drop by for a bit. Unfortunatly not in my teener.

Happy b-day Aaron
nycchef

Happy b-day Aaron
[/quote]

yeah, yeah o.k happy b-day aaron. many more blah, blah, blah...christ this kid is younger than my clutch!
jet1
Happy birthday Aaron!
Leo Imperial
Happy Birthday young blood!!!
I can't believe Richie said his clutch is older than you av-943.gif
That's a riot, the motor I ran on the floor at Movie Time was last run before you were born w00t.gif
Your not even old enough to drink blink.gif
Ok I'll stop. Happy Birthday fledgling.
ptravnic
QUOTE(RS22b @ Sep 20 2006, 05:04 PM) *

You guys goin to be working in Lyndhurst on Thursday?

Still up in the air...

Leo - why U no pm me back? feeling neglected sad.gif
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 20 2006, 05:42 PM) *

Still up in the air...

got the green light...we're on for Thursday night. Traffic really sucks, so I'll shoot for 6:30-7:00 getting there.
type11969
Good luck! Digivid if you make some noise!
i love porsche
wont be able to make it thursday, my friends are taking me out for my bday, whats the latest you guys might be there?
nycchef
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Sep 21 2006, 05:35 AM) *

wont be able to make it thursday, my friends are taking me out for my bday, whats the latest you guys might be there?

what time is your curfew? maybe we can come over to chuck-e-cheese and join you for some cake and soda pop when we're done. chowtime.gif
rmital

not to late...I'd have to assume we'd be lookin to get out of there around 9:30ish. Gota get up early Friday....
type11969
QUOTE(nycchef @ Sep 21 2006, 05:46 AM) *

what time is your curfew? maybe we can come over to chuck-e-cheese and join you for some cake and soda pop when we're done. chowtime.gif

brutal! biggrin.gif
RS22b
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 20 2006, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 20 2006, 05:42 PM) *

Still up in the air...

got the green light...we're on for Thursday night. Traffic really sucks, so I'll shoot for 6:30-7:00 getting there.

i shall swing be early then. Being that im right there i will just be there around 630 or so. I cant hang long bc i have stuff that needs to get done at the house before construction starts on the inside tomorrow.

_billy
tod914
Whats the noise factor going to be this evening??
ptravnic
Should be minimal - will be hooking up the FI on top of the engine - then bolting the sucker into the car. Best case scenerio is that we'll get it started before the night is over.

-pt
i love porsche
haha rich, ill save you a slice of rubbery pizza, and make sure that the mouse stays long enough for you to take a picture with him
nycchef
all kidding aside have a great birthday. we were going to chip in a buy you a six for your teener , but we decided we don't like you that much .
ptravnic
so instead we'll help you rebuild your 4 when the time comes... We should have A LOT of experience by then... biggrin.gif

-pt
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Sep 21 2006, 03:00 PM) *

haha rich, ill save you a slice of rubbery pizza, and make sure that the mouse stays long enough for you to take a picture with him

Don't be offended, richie is just trying to promote his new resturant.
Have fun in the ball pit milk breath aktion035.gif
tod914
Catch u all next time.. ears still recovering from the weekend events.
RS22b
good meeting all of you tonite!

i promise i will help out a lil more on sunday. And i look foward to grabbing my new wheels!

_billy
ptravnic
If the lift are wasn't occupied I think the engine could have been mounted. Was nice being able to take our time getting all the hoses & electrical components hooked up/blocked off/screwed in/etc.

The boxes of parts are thinning out...
Leo Imperial
So, are we doing an install on Sunday? Can we get started early?

New wheels? Ray selling off some parts?

Lets get the engine installed in the am and do a drive after launch/lunch.
ptravnic
I believe start time is later, like 1pm to 2pm. My Sunday is an open book. Stay tuned.

-pt
RS22b
if i can get some freakin insurance then im all down for a ride in the pm, but like pete said i thought start time was 1 or 2 pm?

Who wants parts from me???

I know Rich was talking to me about the AC system and the SS heat exchangers.

I should have a full FI system from a 74' 1.8. Been so long i cant remember, but i think it is J-jet.

Have a stock 1.8 crank
i should have a set of 1.8 sleeves laying around.

Misc. bumpers and other things around that i dont even know i have, haha.

I can bring them down on sunday with me and we can settle on a price there.

The funds will go towards me getting my car on the road for the rest of the fall. I need new tires and a set of turbo tie rods.

_billy
turboman808
An AC install would be pretty interesting.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Sep 22 2006, 11:57 AM) *

An AC install would be pretty interesting.

That's just what Richie needs... Less power poke.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Sep 22 2006, 12:52 PM) *

Damn, SNAP! slap.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 22 2006, 01:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Sep 22 2006, 12:52 PM) *

Damn, SNAP! slap.gif

Double SHNAP!! chair.gif
nycchef
[/quote]
that old 2.0 of yours doesn't have enough power for an a/c. with all the traffic around here i can't get over 60 any way. might as well be comfy till i put in the 6. billy, how much for the a/c. leo you should,nt be making fun of me, i hold the key to "central N.J."
what's up for sunday?
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 22 2006, 06:17 AM) *

I believe start time is later, like 1pm to 2pm. My Sunday is an open book. Stay tuned.

-pt

I should be able to open the place up around 2:00.
RS22b
ok looks like rich is taking the AC stuff. Anyone want the SS heat exchangers? $250 and can be delivered when i get there tomorrow.

I will be there hopefully around 3pm. i have to do all the seals on a subaru motor and try and get my steering fixed on my other impreza before i come down.

_billy
Dr Evil
You guys havent finished this crap yet? rolleyes.gif

Sorry I have been too busy to come over there and fix everything for ya'll wink.gif
I actually have to fix, well, ALL of my vehicles now. It must be test week as everything is going to shit! I coudl uses some beta blockers or some vasopressors right about now.

Kepp posting, its largely entertaining popcorn[1].gif

Happy birthday Aaron. Is every young dude on the board named Aaron?
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 24 2006, 12:49 AM) *

You guys havent finished this crap yet? rolleyes.gif

Sorry I have been too busy to come over there and fix everything for ya'll wink.gif
I actually have to fix, well, ALL of my vehicles now. It must be test week as everything is going to shit! I coudl uses some beta blockers or some vasopressors right about now.

Kepp posting, its largely entertaining popcorn[1].gif

Happy birthday Aaron. Is every young dude on the board named Aaron?

stick.gif stick.gif stick.gif stick.gif stick.gif stick.gif stick.gif

What are you going to do wave your majic wand and poof the engine is fixed and the rust is gone?
nycchef
how about a day trip to go help mike? maybe next sat. or sun.
RS22b
QUOTE(nycchef @ Sep 24 2006, 08:26 AM) *

how about a day trip to go help mike? maybe next sat. or sun.

i'd be down if i can get my car situated. Need to do those brakes, wheels and tires and tie rods.

edit: cant do sunday as there is a rally-x near Allentown, PA.
Dr Evil
Ha, Rich you should post teh email I sent you with the laundry list of vehicular problems wink.gif What I need is some moral support and a few friends to get the beer biggrin.gif With any luck I will have the benz and the bike fixed by the weekend leaving only the 914 and the 4Runner smilie_pokal.gif dry.gif

Its funny, I was going to ask Noel if it would be cool for ya'll to come over and help and when I mentioned telling Richie about all of my reacent car problems she was like, "Why dont you have them all come over and help you?" Man, I love that woman wub.gif

I'll supply the wise cracks, assinine remarks, and foul language!
turboman808
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 23 2006, 08:49 PM) *

Is every young dude on the board named Aaron?

Hmmm...

I kinda noticed almost all porsche owners are named Dave.
RS22b
so what time are we starting over there today?

Im still at home doin some stuff on the gf's motor. And want to do a lil bit on the 95' L steering yet.

What time do you think you will all be there till???

_billy
rmital
..it...is....ALIVE...!!!
not a great pic, just proof the motor's back where it's supposed to be. Leo has better pics and maybe even some video.
ptravnic
It's ALIVE!!!

:Qarl beerchug.gif : :bo mueba.gif ing:

You guys are the bestest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr Evil
Uh oh, I see a a few major problems in that pic that need fixin. Do ya'll see 'em?
RS22b
sorry i wasnt able to make it out today. Im just getting home to passaic now.

Glad you guys were able to get the motor and tranny back up in there. Are you all finished with it or do you still have things to do? I would be up for helping out if you need to finish anything else up, just let me know when work will commence.

rmital: let me know when you want to meet to pickup the wheels. sorry i couldnt make it today.

_billy
Twystd1
Yo, Dr.Evil

In the engine/trans picture that was shown in this thread.

Am I on crack or are the tranny stubs coming out at differant heights/angles????

It just looks wierd. Also has a bit of wiring to get handled.

What is it that you saw???????

Clayton
i love porsche
man, im sorry i havent been able to make it to wrap it up lately....this past week has been really busy with work/school/family stuff...hopefully things will settle soon
Leo Imperial
That was a progress picture. Not a completion picture. The driver side was not yet bolted to the trans. I was busy taking a frustration breather from the drivers outside cv. ALSO - the "wire" is not installed on the custom Evilworks cv bolts. Those wont be installed until after the gaskets arrive - soon I hope. A few other items were also being done at the same time so I am sure we can find other bad things in the photo. It a little trouble shooting at the end, but she lives! Sounds healthy too. Just needs to be tuned.

Must doos for getting on the road:
- New fuel line for the injector x 4
- Gaskets for the trans side cv x 2
- Vac lines x various
- Connect accelerator cable
- Timming
- driving.gif

I know you guys wanted to go earlier than we did. Thanks for sticking it out. I was determined to see that beast run tonight. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow and possible video if I get the time.

NEWrench saves another one! beerchug.gif

Hey Doc - You need someone to come by dring your beer and critique your work???
Dr Evil
Hey Leo,
I was just goofing with you wink.gif I know its not done. You realy should route the reverse switch wire above the CV, though. An dI think you have a starter/alt wire disconnected biggrin.gif No "major" issues, I'm justy being a smat ass. You guys did good and deserved to hear it start up smilie_pokal.gif

Yes, some company would always be appreciated. I could use some moral support and encouragement sad.gif

Yo, Clayton! Sup homey?
ptravnic
The "to do" list is long... I'm just happy to be able to move it out of MovieTime's way!

-pt
type11969
Congrats guys, good work! Sorry I couldn't be around to help out.

-Chris
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 25 2006, 07:47 AM) *

Hey Leo,
I was just goofing with you wink.gif I know its not done. You realy should route the reverse switch wire above the CV, though. An dI think you have a starter/alt wire disconnected biggrin.gif No "major" issues, I'm justy being a smat ass. You guys did good and deserved to hear it start up smilie_pokal.gif

Yes, some company would always be appreciated. I could use some moral support and encouragement sad.gif

Yo, Clayton! Sup homey?

Reverse switch wire has been moved biggrin.gif I didn't like the way it looked going below.
So, you are looking for company. Maybe I could get the family in for a day at Hershey and a night of wrenching??? I'll let you know.
nycchef
let's go see mike! i need to get his tranny out of my basement anyway. maybe next weekend? besides it looks like i am going to have to drive three hours to get my 8th... uhh he knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.