Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast Wrenching Revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
ptravnic
I am dragging today... The ride home last night was rough - stalled motorcycle in the tunnel, then 3rd Ave was a parking lot. I saw the light change countless times and no movement... Ahh, city livin'

turboman808
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 25 2006, 09:00 AM) *

I am dragging today... The ride home last night was rough - stalled motorcycle in the tunnel, then 3rd Ave was a parking lot. I saw the light change countless times and no movement... Ahh, city livin'

You should have follwed me. Not only did I take the fun route I got home pretty fast
Dr Evil
QUOTE(nycchef @ Sep 25 2006, 12:45 PM) *

let's go see mike! i need to get his tranny out of my basement anyway. maybe next weekend? besides it looks like i am going to have to drive three hours to get my 8th... uhh he knows.

Man, I was just going to send it out to you when you mentioned coming over wink.gif

The 7th is a nogo for me because I am either going to a perarranged winery tour with my class or I am going (much rather) to an event that Wit61 (?) is throwing up in Allentown.

I have this weekend basically, and then maybe the next Sun depending on test load.
nycchef
when are we going to finish this! lets set a time and do it. i need closure.
ptravnic
All that is keeping the car @ MovieTime is just the tuneup. With that said, I don't think it's a good idea to take it out at night. If something "comes up" during the maiden voyage there's a lot of forces working against troubleshooting.

I have a test that takes up most of Sat (12:30 to 5) but Sunday is free and clear.

What do schedules look like?
rmital
...I think Sunday would be the day to shoot for...
RS22b
i will be in PA for a rally-x on sunday.

_billy
turboman808
QUOTE(RS22b @ Sep 28 2006, 11:04 AM) *

i will be in PA for a rally-x on sunday.

_billy

Oh man I would love to do one of those. Got some dirt tires for a honda?
RS22b
if you have a set of all seasons that will work. This rally-x is actually on a 1/3mi oval dirt track.

http://www.phillyscca.com/courserally/index.html
turboman808
Finaly happened. My starter gave out at the wrong moment. Taking 95 to the gwb in bumper to bumper traffic. I got cursed at and honked at but no one offered to push start me.

It took me 3 tries but I got it going fast enough to jump in and pop the clutch.

SO I took it to the shop across the street. sad.gif

The high torque mini starter works amazing though.

Oh and the top bolt doesn't go thru like on the 4s. Only way I could figure out how to get to it was undo the rear tranny mounts and lower the back slightly on one of those stand they use. Droped about 3 inches and then you could get to it.

Watching the mechanics scratch there heads was rather funny. But I showed them what to do.
i love porsche
man i want to rally cross..that looks like so much fun...

sunday will be good for me...is it on?
ptravnic
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Sep 29 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Finaly happened. My starter gave out at the wrong moment. Taking 95 to the gwb in bumper to bumper traffic. I got cursed at and honked at but no one offered to push start me.

It took me 3 tries but I got it going fast enough to jump in and pop the clutch.

SO I took it to the shop across the street. sad.gif

The high torque mini starter works amazing though.

Oh and the top bolt doesn't go thru like on the 4s. Only way I could figure out how to get to it was undo the rear tranny mounts and lower the back slightly on one of those stand they use. Droped about 3 inches and then you could get to it.

Watching the mechanics scratch there heads was rather funny. But I showed them what to do.

Nate - sorry to hear about getting caught like that. I feel your pain. A couple trips to mechanics who need you to show them how to do their job and you'll swear off mechanics completely!!!

-pt

Aaron - I'm ready for Sunday, not sure of the time tho...

-pt
nycchef
[quote name='i love porsche' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:23 PM' post='783777']
man i want to rally cross..that looks like so much fun...

you can't you have school on monday. hey where have you been? we haven't heard from you since you went out on your birthday. was worried you were behind a dumpster somewhere hopped up on pizza and cake.
turboman808
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 29 2006, 01:32 PM) *
Nate - sorry to hear about getting caught like that. I feel your pain. A couple trips to mechanics who need you to show them how to do their job and you'll swear off mechanics completely!!!

They are nice guys. But yeah I could have done this myself and would rather have done it myself. Convincing the there is no drain plug and that the car takes 12 quarts was kinda fun. I noticed there is rust on the oil tank. Time for some por15.
i love porsche
hah, i appreciate the concern richie..will you be there on sunday?

leo has something to tell you if you havent already talked to him
rmital

I'm ready for Sunday, not sure of the time tho...

-pt

how does around noon sound....so we could get outa there at a reasonable time.
ptravnic
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 29 2006, 09:39 PM) *

I'm ready for Sunday, not sure of the time tho...

-pt

how does around noon sound....so we could get outa there at a reasonable time.

Works for me. Hopefully you can do your magic on the dwell...

biggrin.gif
nycchef
[quote name='i love porsche' date='Sep 29 2006, 02:54 PM' post='783885']
hah, i appreciate the concern richie..will you be there on sunday?

afraid not little one, sometimes grown ups have to work. who's leo?
RS22b
what time are you guys goin to be around till?

The rally-x was cancelled and now im stuck at home without a normal car to drive :mad: GF has the outback for the weekend. Hoping she can get home and then get me over to you guys.
ptravnic
prob be around for a few hrs. you can call me to check if we're still going strong.

-Pete
212-286-0626
tod914
cya all round noon.. i have extra heater hose if any one wants it. Thought Rich needed some for his engine bay for his blower motor.
ptravnic
No pulse coming through passenger side injectors...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=61593
type11969
Pete - Is this a new development from the other weekend when the engine was running? Or did she run this way then as well? Trigger points maybe? Don't know much about the stock FI . . .

Good luck!

Chris
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 2 2006, 05:43 AM) *

Trigger points maybe?

someone correct me if I'm wrong...if trigger point were bad, #1 and #4 would pair up and not fire....like wise #2 and #3 would fail together.
...not passenger vs. drivers side...???

we beat the crap outa that harness taking it out...I think we need to switch harnesses with the green machine; and get that car running.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 2 2006, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 2 2006, 05:43 AM) *

Trigger points maybe?

someone correct me if I'm wrong...if trigger point were bad, #1 and #4 would pair up and not fire....like wise #2 and #3 would fail together.
...not passenger vs. drivers side...???

we beat the crap outa that harness taking it out...I think we need to switch harnesses with the green machine; and get that car running.

I will also take a look and see if I have an extra engine harness. I think I have one for a 1.7 that is in good condition.
ptravnic
I'm game to swap harnesses. Maybe carbs aren't the devil.... confused24.gif
type11969
Pete- If you need to get the car out of Movietime, and you are looking for a stop gap solution, I have a set of 34 weber icts that are good to go that I can loan you. They will choke your engine a bit, but will work! Let me know.

-Chris
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 2 2006, 06:54 AM) *

Pete- If you need to get the car out of Movietime,....

not as much getting out, just got to finish...so we could start other projects. Hopefully some small ones for a while....
ptravnic
Right on. Thanks Chris. I'm hoping to avoid switching to carbs. I've got 3 sets of carbs in Buffalo but really want to get the FI set up.

SO CLOSE!!!
RS22b
sorry for not being able to come around yesterday.

I might have my 1.8 harness around, not sure if that helps you out but i know that it worked when i pulled it out of the car.
ptravnic
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the 1.8's won't work b/c they're L-Jet. Even some of the D-Jet's may differ b/c of where the "5th injector" is placed in the plenum...

-pt
RS22b
yeah didnt think it would work, but thought id put the offer out there and you would know better if it worked or not, haha.

whens the next time we are working?

im ordering up my tires and turbo tierods today, then i should have everything i need to finish up my car!
Dr Evil
If both injectors on one side are out you need to check to make sure the white wires are connected via the spade connector on the center case bolt junction. There is like 4 or so plugs there and you are probably not getting ground. It is pretty easy; ECU sends signal, signal goes through injector. Since points work (1 and 4 do fire together) no worries about the ECU really.
ptravnic
That seems to be the theory. Hopefully we'll be able to get together this week to get it sorted out.
i love porsche
so is wednesday night on? who will be there?
rmital
nope...Pete can't make during the week, so looks like the weekend.
Bill might want to pick up some wheels Wednesday night, so I might stop by for a little bit...
RS22b
yup would love to swing by and pick those up. I got my tires in yesterday and my tierods are on the way!

getting closer to actually having all the parts to put my car together!!!
ptravnic
QUOTE(RS22b @ Oct 4 2006, 03:41 PM) *

yup would love to swing by and pick those up. I got my tires in yesterday and my tierods are on the way!

and the insurance situation?
SLKWrx
QUOTE(RS22b @ Oct 4 2006, 11:41 AM) *

tierods and tires?! damn you billy, I've barely finished painting my car. smile.gif
nycchef
is there a plan for this weekend? anyone remember that tall guy that came once or twice? think he was from the bay area originally. name lenny or leopold or lefty, something with an L. he seems to have disapeared of late.
rmital
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 5 2006, 07:45 AM) *

is there a plan for this weekend?

Sunday "night".....
i love porsche
dont think im gonna make this weekend, im gonna be autocrossing in mass. not sure if ill even be awake sunday night
ptravnic
I have Monday off work. Sun night works fine for me.
ptravnic
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 5 2006, 11:45 AM) *

is there a plan for this weekend? anyone remember that tall guy that came once or twice? think he was from the bay area originally. name lenny or leopold or lefty, something with an L. he seems to have disapeared of late.

I think it was Leonard (My Friend Leonard?)... Lived near Lyndhurst I believe... confused24.gif
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 5 2006, 08:53 AM) *

I have Monday off work. Sun night works fine for me.

maybe you could get a ride from Richie....and we could finish this thing up!
rmital
...I think if we hit 500 posts on this thread, the Admins will have to nail this topic...

almost there... smile.gif
type11969
Umm, did you guys see this:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=60942

Going to try to check this stuff out soon, depending on where it is in central NJ. I'm sure we could make use of the parts on the red one, and the silver one looks pretty cherry to me. Could be a good replacement for my wreck.

-Chris
rmital
...Leo and Richie were kinda talking about it....then reality was introduced into the dialogue.
ptravnic
QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 5 2006, 12:59 PM) *

...I think if we hit 500 posts on this thread, the Admins will have to nail this topic...

I'm pretty sure the Pugot Sound Teener Tuesday crew would take issue... There seemed to have been some "discussion" around what a nailed thread could/should be...

I personally HATE the nailed threads. They force me to scroll down half a page each time I refresh...

Just my $0.02
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 5 2006, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 5 2006, 12:59 PM) *

I'm pretty sure the Pugot Sound Teener Tuesday crew would take issue... There seemed to have been some "discussion" around what a nailed thread could/should be...

I personally HATE the nailed threads. They force me to scroll down half a page each time I refresh...

Just my $0.02

just general sarcasm...didn't mean to have this saga nailed.
I've been hanging out with Richie toooo long.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.