Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The official chappy 914-6-gt-turbo carrera thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
r_towle
Sorry to bring this thread up again but wanted to ask.

How is the car after some time and tuning?
What is the HP you have and do you find it overwhelms the chassis?
iamchappy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 23 2014, 05:47 PM) *

Sorry to bring this thread up again but wanted to ask.

How is the car after some time and tuning?
What is the HP you have and do you find it overwhelms the chassis?

Car is great, outside of a little oil leakage the engine runs awesome, don't know the horsepower never had it dynoed, car is super reinforced with the inner engman kit and the outer long kit, the suspension ears are heavily reinforced, and have other areas that have metel plating added too. The Kevlar clutch holds the power. Haven't blown the tranny or axles yet but did lift the front tires off the ground shifting from 2nd to 3rd last year. Not something I expected, scared me...but am not planning on adding wheelie bars or a parachute. Car is great and completely sorted, very mild manored when off boost, I could drive it anywhere if I could afford the 93 octane.
gas...... More should consider adding 930 engines to 914's they did It to 911's for a reason..... biggrin.gif
iamchappy
The car chassis handles it fine super tight even with the sticky Toyo RA1's, car does lunge and torque like a muscle car when it hits boost but stays solid.
rick 918-S
Are you able to get it out yet? Still too much slop here.
iamchappy
I could of last weekend but haven't yet, got to fire it up and get that gas out of it, some street sweepers have been out but there are so many huge potholes out there, when I do get it out im going to take it mellow, may drop engine clean everything up underneath and install the rsr oil seal o-rings on the rocker shafts to eliminate the leaks sometime this Summer.
914coop
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 23 2014, 05:50 PM) *

Are you able to get it out yet? Still too much slop here.

Planning on taking mine out Friday and Saturday if it stops raining. by then. Snow is gone and the salt should be as well with the rain.
iamchappy
Rick I've played golf the past 2 weekends, winter is officially over down here in the twin cities. Expecting the ice off the lakes by the weekend.
iamchappy
Irv we need to get together can't wait to see your turbo
914coop
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 23 2014, 06:03 PM) *

Need to get the bugs out first, hopefully my test runs and tweeting in between this weekend will get it so it can go for longer trips.

Definitely need to get together this year.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(914coop @ Apr 23 2014, 09:18 PM) *

Need to get the bugs out first, hopefully my test runs and tweeting in between this weekend will get it so it can go for longer trips.

Ya! All of us! beerchug.gif And Marty's Friend Dieter that moved from Cali to Stillwater.
Phoenix-MN
Minnesota Spring Jamboree?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Apr 24 2014, 08:38 AM) *

Hi Paul! Post a link! Or maybe start a thread. I think were off the rails here. Sorry Chappy, slipped in the snow laugh.gif
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2014, 06:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Apr 24 2014, 08:38 AM) *

Hi Paul! Post a link! Or maybe start a thread. I think were off the rails here. Sorry Chappy, slipped in the snow laugh.gif

Hi Rick,
I am driving my rusted 914 to work lately and have had it warm enough to spray color on the 914-6 conversion. Our ice is gone as of early last week. My former student now a professor up in the Duluth med school called last week and said that the snow is gone. A Wisconsin native, even he was impressed by last winter there - his first. Can you see if the tent and contents survived?
worn
I should have added that the car in this thread certainly qualifies for the parachute. Way cool.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2014, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(914coop @ Apr 23 2014, 09:18 PM) *

Ya! All of us! beerchug.gif And Marty's Friend Dieter that moved from Cali to Stillwater.

Dieter is good with brewski Americana, Coors.
He put a spray of Heninger into the horizontal fan for good luck when we first lit off the twin turbo . Definately not in the Piech instruction manual for flat fans, but more like a celebration . He probably did the same on Vasek's 917s first.gif
Marty
iamchappy
First drive of the year, need to run out the old gas and filler up with some fresh. Felt good to get it out on the road again...
nsyr
Who else here would appreciate a new video of this beast? Knudge...
hencar
Subscribed way late. Now it is catch up time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.