Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6/904 project begins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Unobtanium-inc
[/quote]

Makes me sick to see such great cars sitting outside rotting away. hissyfit.gif
[/quote]

Remember when these pics were taken, they weren't treated as great cars, they were just used up race cars. I think he paid $1500 for the Spyder and $5000 for the 906. You should see the back field at his place, look at your own peril.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2009/05...yard-part-deux/
stownsen914
I remember when I was a kid in the mid 70's or so, a local PCA member bought a 906 for like $10,000 and drove it at DEs for a while. If only ....
rgalla9146
Uh....... that is my brother- in- law Bill in the 550.
He is currently restoring a 1964 356 SCGT that has extensive Northeast hill climb history.
My brother Robert is standing between the cars.
There are probably a couple cans of beer there too.
Both are long time Porsche owners and enthusiasts.
The picture is circa '76 ?
Those cars were the tip of a 356 iceberg at that location.
I was along on some of those adventures.
I was a late starter, got my first 914 in about 1977.
In those days there was no place to drive an old race car.
Today you'll be invited to come to some of the greatest Porsche spectacles ever..... if you own a car that raced back in the day.
Robert must have provided the picture.
Rory Gallagher
......both pictures
r_towle
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 27 2015, 02:04 PM) *

Do you cut the 914 in half and remove 6 inches or do you cut the 904 body and add 6 inches to the door and roof?
or
Do you move the trailing arms forward to get the wheel in the 904 wheel well?

Build a rectangle tube frame and move the trailing arms forward.
A rectangle will pick up the four mounting points of the front arms, and has been done to add the same suspension to a 356.

I cannot fit in a stock 904 at 6'2"

I can however fit in a beck 904 which I recall is six inches longer.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 27 2015, 04:34 PM) *

Uh....... that is my brother- in- law Bill in the 550.
He is currently restoring a 1964 356 SCGT that has extensive Northeast hill climb history.
My brother Robert is standing between the cars.
There are probably a couple cans of beer there too.
Both are long time Porsche owners and enthusiasts.
The picture is circa '76 ?
Those cars were the tip of a 356 iceberg at that location.
I was along on some of those adventures.
I was a late starter, got my first 914 in about 1977.
In those days there was no place to drive an old race car.
Today you'll be invited to come to some of the greatest Porsche spectacles ever..... if you own a car that raced back in the day.
Robert must have provided the picture.
Rory Gallagher
......both pictures

Sorry, Rory, Robert did give me the pics, I always figured that was you in the pics, with the 70s hair and staches all you guys kind of looked alike.
carr914
Is this the Goal?

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
That is just not right ... blink.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 27 2015, 06:14 PM) *

Is this the Goal?

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 27 2015, 11:04 PM) *

Is this the Goal?

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif

You mean you haven't seen this car before?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 27 2015, 08:37 PM) *

Is this the Goal?

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif

Everyone has seen the Hussey Special, I grew up in Atlanta, I might of actually seen it. I'm wondering what that has to do with this discussion?
dug
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 26 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Chris-
I explained what didn't work with Dug's deal previously and don't really want to re-hash since Dug took offense to our different view points...

Fact: Adam ended our direct discussion with the words "We are done talking."

I do not get offended. I get annoyed at people who don't understand reason and logic, but I don't get offended.

I would quote Inigo Montoya again, but... nevermind.

cheers,
dug
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 27 2015, 11:57 PM) *

Is this the Goal?

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif

Everyone has seen the Hussey Special, I grew up in Atlanta, I might of actually seen it. I'm wondering what that has to do with this discussion?

That's what your building out of a historically significate IMSA chassis right? confused24.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 28 2015, 04:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 27 2015, 11:57 PM) *

Is this the Goal?

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif

That's what your building out of a historically significate IMSA chassis right? confused24.gif

If you're asking that question than I'm not sure how to answer you...
bandjoey
I've spent hours reading your blogs ( and I'm not 1/3 the way through ) After saving and documenting a few hundred 356's, no one can say you're not interested in saving special cars.

People...if you haven't - read 'em! I recommend Admins lock this down, stop the crazy talk, and a new 904 build thread be started. IMHO. beerchug.gif
zipedadoo
agree.gif

While this has been fun.......let's move on to the build. beerchug.gif
scotty b
The horse is now a pile of bones, blood and bodily fluids seeping into the ground dead horse.gif dead horse.gif dead horse.gif

This whole train wreck has gotten down right childish. IMHO all of you either need to put up or shut up. We've seen plenty of threads turn ugly round here, but this one in particular has resorted to nothing but name calling and a bunch of he said, she said, I said bullshit all around. Get the fuck over it and go work on your own car. Adam isn't changing his mind, Dug isn't changing his mind. Opinions and assholes ........ and assholes with opinions dry.gif

Unobtanium-inc
This thread would be a lot more fun if the people who dis-agree with the build would start their own thread and take their jabs and such there.
A large number of people are very excited about the build and have been very supportive, it's just a few of you guys who can't stop heckling but you're ruining it for everybody else. Except for the lurkers who love the drama, but even they are probably getting bored by now.
Move on.
gms
Adam are you going to Rennsport?
gms
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 27 2015, 07:39 PM) *

Do you cut the 914 in half and remove 6 inches or do you cut the 904 body and add 6 inches to the door and roof?
or

A rectangle will pick up the four mounting points of the front arms, and has been done to add the same suspension to a 356.

I agree, from the start I have advocated a tube frame because it will be lighter and you can put this suspension on it.

Click to view attachment
Mueller
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 28 2015, 08:24 AM) *

or

I agree, from the start I have advocated a tube frame because it will be lighter and you can put this suspension on it.

Click to view attachment

^ditto...

Personally for me, I see no real value in the history of the donor chassis...I was never into IMSA or whatever series they ran in...might as well be a Lemons car to me smile.gif

That being said, the only reason I'd want to use any 914 chassis for this project is for easily registering it for street use.

I also think a custom framed and better equipped suspension 904 would get a lot more respect or admiration and possibly handle a lot better than throwing a 904 shell on a very heavily cut up 914 chassis.

I'm looking forward to the build, but I'd really like it if it was more custom and not basically a one-off kit car build using a 914 donor instead the typical Fiero donor chassis.

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 28 2015, 07:19 AM) *

Adam are you going to Rennsport?

I went to the last two but I'm not going to this one. It fell during my birthday weekend and I didn't want to be away from the kids on my b-day. Plus, Cali is sooooo expensive, hotels, planes, food, gas, it all adds up.

Oh, and that's me sitting in the car, but not the one racing.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 28 2015, 08:16 AM) *

or

Click to view attachment

^ditto...

Personally for me, I see no real value in the history of the donor chassis...I was never into IMSA or whatever series they ran in...might as well be a Lemons car to me smile.gif

That being said, the only reason I'd want to use any 914 chassis for this project is for easily registering it for street use.

I also think a custom framed and better equipped suspension 904 would get a lot more respect or admiration and possibly handle a lot better than throwing a 904 shell on a very heavily cut up 914 chassis.

I'm looking forward to the build, but I'd really like it if it was more custom and not basically a one-off kit car build using a 914 donor instead the typical Fiero donor chassis.

I'm already looking into changing the front suspension, one of the pitfalls Chuck Beck pointed out was the height of the shock tower in relation to the lowered hood line of the 904.
gms
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 28 2015, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 28 2015, 08:16 AM) *

or

Click to view attachment

^ditto...

I'm already looking into changing the front suspension, one of the pitfalls Chuck Beck pointed out was the height of the shock tower in relation to the lowered hood line of the 904.

I definitely thought the macpherson strut set-up would create a problem being too tall. I would also get rid of the torsion bars system. maybe look into a mid-1990s Honda Civic unequal length double wishbone suspension.
stownsen914
Or substantially shorten the strut and use shorter inserts. Then you could lower the shock tower. Could be done, though not for the faint of heart ...
Mueller
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Aug 28 2015, 10:35 AM) *

Or substantially shorten the strut and use shorter inserts. Then you could lower the shock tower. Could be done, though not for the faint of heart ...

Not too difficult, did this on my 242 to run Koni Race inserts...shortened the strut assembly 3".
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Aug 28 2015, 09:35 AM) *

I'm liking that idea, fancy a trip upstate?
stownsen914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 28 2015, 01:39 PM) *

I'm liking that idea, fancy a trip upstate?

Thank you for the invite. I'd love to check out your place sometime. I see you have the open house on 9/5. Unfortunately I'll be our of town that weekend ..

Scott
Unobtanium-inc
xx
zambezi
popcorn[1].gif
veekry9
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...by+Tony+Pashley

Sum linx,book learnin.
gereed75
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Aug 28 2015, 01:35 PM) *

Why go through all of that when this is available http://www.coolrydescustoms.com/store/c2/M...SUSPENSION.html And it is not real pricey
naro914
I've just spent (wasted??) that last hour+ reading through all 15 pages of this thread...

The biggest thing that upsets me is: how did I miss that car when it was on eBay for $15000??? I have always wanted a historically significant 914 race car, but they have always been way out of my league price wise....If I would have known about this car, I would have bought it instantly and restored it to its racing glory for vintage racing.

Adam, what you see as 'old and tired', vintage racers see as 'history and exciting'. What you say was 'obsolete in racing' is certainly not in the vintage world...

You keep saying you're making it a Porsche, but are you? To me, and to many, it's a kit car just like all the VW based kit cars - a fiberglass body on a VW chassis. The body is NOT made by Porsche, you're going to have to hack the chassis smaller (good luck with that btw). So no, it's not a Porsche any more than Beck's cars are Porsche's. I had a Beck 550 Spyder with a Porsche engine, Porsche transmission and Porsche suspension components in it...and guess what? It was still a kit car...

Some very smart people here have posted some of the engineering hurdles you are going to face - most of which are going to be VERY expensive and VERY tricky to overcome. It is really worth it just to say you were able to make a 904 out of a 914?

You bought the car, you obviously have every right to do what you want. It just saddens me to see a true piece of Porsche racing history - and something I always wanted to own - cut up to build a kit car.

Good luck with your build.
wndsnd
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 31 2015, 12:46 AM) *

Took this shot of the dash, some more recent history.

Posting these pictures doesnt actually help you win over the dissenters either.

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 31 2015, 02:06 PM) *

I've just spent (wasted??) that last hour+ reading through all 15 pages of this thread...

The biggest thing that upsets me is: how did I miss that car when it was on eBay for $15000??? I have always wanted a historically significant 914 race car, but they have always been way out of my league price wise....If I would have known about this car, I would have bought it instantly and restored it to its racing glory for vintage racing.

Adam, what you see as 'old and tired', vintage racers see as 'history and exciting'. What you say was 'obsolete in racing' is certainly not in the vintage world...

You keep saying you're making it a Porsche, but are you? To me, and to many, it's a kit car just like all the VW based kit cars - a fiberglass body on a VW chassis. The body is NOT made by Porsche, you're going to have to hack the chassis smaller (good luck with that btw). So no, it's not a Porsche any more than Beck's cars are Porsche's. I had a Beck 550 Spyder with a Porsche engine, Porsche transmission and Porsche suspension components in it...and guess what? It was still a kit car...

Some very smart people here have posted some of the engineering hurdles you are going to face - most of which are going to be VERY expensive and VERY tricky to overcome. It is really worth it just to say you were able to make a 904 out of a 914?

You bought the car, you obviously have every right to do what you want. It just saddens me to see a true piece of Porsche racing history - and something I always wanted to own - cut up to build a kit car.

Good luck with your build.

I don't know how you missed it, the car has been for sale off and on since 2007, on Pelican, ebay, everywhere. It sold in 2011, and that guy never drove it, not once. He then tried to sell it on ebay forever, there were no takers except me.
As far as something being a kit car or not, if a car is on a Porsche chassis, and retains a Porsche VIN, it's a Porsche. Everytime something like this comes up I bring up 550-0001, when it was found in Guadalahara, a friend of mine was sent down to appraise it before it was auctioned off on the floor of the Shoe Factory where it was found. His client bought the car for about $400,000, bailed halfway through the restoration, and the Collier people took the baton and spend who knows how much restoring the car, but if you look at the restoration photos on my blog, very little of that car was ever touched by Porsche. In fact, my friend that went down there confided to me that there was enough original pieces on that car that he could have fit them all into his suitcase to fly home. Yet, 550-0001 is shown all around the world and I doubt anyone is walking up to it at the Collier Collection and saying it is anything other than the 1st Spyder, though my guess would be 15% of it is original.
So me re-bodying a 914 into a dream car it is still a Porsche. In fact I skinned the fiberglass body off the car when I got it, so putting a new skin on really doesn't change much. Not everyone will agree with me, but then I had plenty of nay-sayers when I first starting cutting on Da Spoodster, plenty of people said I should have welded a roof back on and made it back into a 58 A Coupe, except it was my car, my dream, and I had buyers begging me for the car before it was even finished.

Here are pics of 550-0001 on my blog:
<https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/porsche-550-01-spyder-the-prototype-giant-killer/>
https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2011/09...e-giant-killer/
ThePaintedMan
Just get on with it already. You ain't selling, so might as well start sawzall-smiley.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 31 2015, 05:34 PM) *

Just get on with it already. You ain't selling, so might as well start sawzall-smiley.gif

I'm months away from cutting on anything but the center seat wonder.
mgp4591
That 550-0001 is SO damn hot looking with that custom roof! Any other pictures of it with the roof on after completion- you never know where you might get your next idea to make a car unique! smilie_pokal.gif
gereed75
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 1 2015, 04:47 AM) *

That 550-0001 is SO damn hot looking with that custom roof! Any other pictures of it with the roof on after completion- you never know where you might get your next idea to make a car unique! smilie_pokal.gif

0001 was a painstaking reproduction of a Porsche probably using original factory drawings to get every detail exactly as the factory made it, using period correct replacement parts where available. There is no correlation to that effort and hacking a 914 to fit under a 904 body. You are not starting with even 15% of an original 904

I am not suggesting that you ever said that you are trying to create a 904 reproduction. I am only suggesting that using 0001 as an analogy to your situation is a very big stretch.

Besides the fact that you are destroying a historic race car (and any upside value that it might have to you or anyone else) I think it is your logic that using this old race car as a base will somehow give your car more pedigree is very vexing to some people.

Had you just said "I am hacking up an old 914 to try to fit under a 904' you would have heard nothing but encouragements

How about this idea.... Print up some for sale flyers emphasing the car's history and give them to someone going to Rennsport reunion who is willing to hawk it for you. I bet you sell the car for enough to buy a conversion if your single seat cut trials prove that this is a doable project. You have time to do that, it might save the historic car and if the project turns out to be not feasible, you are bucks ahead.

Peace,out.

PS. I recently saw the old #40 look alike car at an historic race. It was sold by Aircooled Racing. You saw it at Hersey. It had no where near the provenance of your car and was in very sorry shape. I believe the guy paid $40,000.00
wingnut86
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif sheeplove.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif

Cut-Her-Up...

Bring out the Torch!

...in other words - It's His Money, and his time.

Get over it... slap.gif
gereed75
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 1 2015, 08:56 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif sheeplove.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif

Cut-Her-Up...

Bring out the Torch!

...in other words - It's His Money, and his time.

Get over it... slap.gif

We are all over it. Just trying to save a valuable historic car from an undeserved fate.
rhodyguy
good luck with that.
JmuRiz
Thank goodness they didn't make 550-001 into a 356/1 replica....hey it's a cooler looking Porsche and has a mid-engine right biggrin.gif

Who cares if 550-001 has race history, I like the look of 356/1 better.

hide.gif
just messing with you

On a more important note, has unobtanium gotten any sort-of-round 356 speaker grills, or 6v external driving lights? I need some for my car, talked over the idea of the lights with Scotty and I want to see how they'll look.
wingnut86
Noted:

OomPah Loompah knee-breakers dispatched to your location

beer.gif evilgrin.gif

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 1 2015, 10:16 AM) *

Thank goodness they didn't make 550-001 into a 356/1 replica....hey it's a cooler looking Porsche and has a mid-engine right biggrin.gif

Who cares if 550-001 has race history, I like the look of 356/1 better.

hide.gif

914Timo
If I understood correctly, your idea was to use ready 914 conversion to save time and work in this project. Now you are talking about chancing the whole front suspension and shortening the wheelbase many inches. To me it sounds welding the front engine mount to any 914 is just piece of cake compared what you are doing. I have done only one 914-6 conversion, and welding that mount was one of the easiest part in the whole process. Finding all the parts and enough information how to do it were my problems. I did my conversion 14 years ago and didn´t have any helping 914 friends here in north Europe. If you have done all the cars I have understood and own that much engines, transmissions and other parts you mentioned before, making a conversion shouldn´t be any problem for you. Actually, my opinion is, it would be a lot easier to start from all original non-modified 914 tub. I suppose you will have to cut and modify that rollcage. A lot. So, at the end it will look like that too. Old modified rollcage. A compromise. But, if you are after some rat-904-look, maybe thats what you are looking for. I hate rats and all rat-lookers.

I am not going to hide I like old restored racing cars. I think Mr Stazak and others here are doing wonderful job restoring those old racers. But, as much as I like them, I would also like to see one well done and hi-quality 904/914 conversion kit-car. You have very nice idea, but I think you should re-consider you starting point. I am sure it will pay back later shades.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914Timo @ Sep 1 2015, 12:30 PM) *

If I understood correctly, your idea was to use ready 914 conversion to save time and work in this project. Now you are talking about chancing the whole front suspension and shortening the wheelbase many inches. To me it sounds welding the front engine mount to any 914 is just piece of cake compared what you are doing. I have done only one 914-6 conversion, and welding that mount was one of the easiest part in the whole process. Finding all the parts and enough information how to do it were my problems. I did my conversion 14 years ago and didn´t have any helping 914 friends here in north Europe. If you have done all the cars I have understood and own that much engines, transmissions and other parts you mentioned before, making a conversion shouldn´t be any problem for you. Actually, my opinion is, it would be a lot easier to start from all original non-modified 914 tub. I suppose you will have to cut and modify that rollcage. A lot. So, at the end it will look like that too. Old modified rollcage. A compromise. But, if you are after some rat-904-look, maybe thats what you are looking for. I hate rats and all rat-lookers.

I am not going to hide I like old restored racing cars. I think Mr Stazak and others here are doing wonderful job restoring those old racers. But, as much as I like them, I would also like to see one well done and hi-quality 904/914 conversion kit-car. You have very nice idea, but I think you should re-consider you starting point. I am sure it will pay back later shades.gif

Doing a conversion isn't that tough, I agree, but finding a known 6 motor, gearbox, and brakes, and getting them all working is the problem. That's while all the shops were quoting me $20000-30000 to do it. Priced a 911 engine rebuild lately?

All I wanted with this project was a running and driving six cylinder car, and the only one under $30,000 I could find was this one. I've now dropped more money into it and it is fully sorted, right where I need it. To date no one has wanted it bad enough to make me an acceptable offer. And yes, I have set the conditions of deal high, because I worked hard to find a car, had to ship it here, get it sorted, and now and only now can I really start on the rest of the project so I'm not going to be quick to start over with a bunch of unknowns. I doubt any one of you guys would feel any different in my place, in fact I know you wouldn't because when I put the word out to buy a 914/6 conversion everyone on this board who wanted to sell me one gave me a long list of hills they had to climb to do their car, so that's why they wanted high money for their car. That was their right, just as it is mine.
MMW
I plan to head up to Adam's on Saturday for the open house. Can't wait to check this out in person & hear it run.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 1 2015, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(914Timo @ Sep 1 2015, 12:30 PM) *

Doing a conversion isn't that tough, I agree, but finding a known 6 motor, gearbox, and brakes, and getting them all working is the problem. That's while all the shops were quoting me $20000-30000 to do it. Priced a 911 engine rebuild lately?

All I wanted with this project was a running and driving six cylinder car, and the only one under $30,000 I could find was this one. I've now dropped more money into it and it is fully sorted, right where I need it. To date no one has wanted it bad enough to make me an acceptable offer. And yes, I have set the conditions of deal high, because I worked hard to find a car, had to ship it here, get it sorted, and now and only now can I really start on the rest of the project so I'm not going to be quick to start over with a bunch of unknowns. I doubt any one of you guys would feel any different in my place, in fact I know you wouldn't because when I put the word out to buy a 914/6 conversion everyone on this board who wanted to sell me one gave me a long list of hills they had to climb to do their car, so that's why they wanted high money for their car. That was their right, just as it is mine.

Waa Waa Waa so what is YOUR price for this car, I guess I missed it? All I see is you want a VIN that is from a Porsche and nothing else because if you have to hack the 914 chassis as much as it is looking you need to do for this, then that is all you have left. All the conversion parts can be bought anywhere.

Yes I seen the racecar for sale also, but I couldn't justify spending the money as I am not a roadracer.

agree.gif with gereed75 when he said

"How about this idea.... Print up some for sale flyers emphasing the car's history and give them to someone going to Rennsport reunion who is willing to hawk it for you. I bet you sell the car for enough to buy a conversion if your single seat cut trials prove that this is a doable project. You have time to do that, it might save the historic car and if the project turns out to be not feasible, you are bucks ahead."

What do you have to loose? A chance to make some money above what you have spent so far. In the end you are going to find that making a tube frame chassis for your 904 project will save you tons of time & $$ in the long run.
Unobtanium-inc
I'm not sure why I keep having to say the same things trying to justify my project on a car no one wanted. And still no one really wants it or they would have made a real offer for it.

So let's do this, let's focus on the ideas for the project, those were coming in nice. If you don't agree with the build, we have heard everyone's opinion on that.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 1 2015, 07:32 PM) *

I'm not sure why I keep having to say the same things trying to justify my project on a car no one wanted. And still no one really wants it or they would have made a real offer for it.

So let's do this, let's focus on the ideas for the project, those were coming in nice. If you don't agree with the build, we have heard everyone's opinion on that.

Yes REALLY you keep saying no one has made you a real offer so........ how much will it take??? $30k, $40K, $50k.......$1 dollar confused24.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 1 2015, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 1 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Yes REALLY you keep saying no one has made you a real offer so........ how much will it take??? $30k, $40K, $50k.......$1 dollar confused24.gif

I don't want to sell it, I've said that from the beginning. I found the car, bought it, shipped it, paid $$$ to sort it, and now it's ready. When I first started the project I had several months to play with before the body was done so when there was an uproar on the forum about the car and the project I extended the offer if anyone wanted to trade their running driving six conversion for it, even with horrible cosmetics, I would entertain the offer. I got nothing, crickets, silence. Now months later I have received a couple of offers that have not come close to what I said I would trade for. So no I don't have a price to sell the car, I don't want to sell it. I am also out of time because the body is here and I want to start on the project, not have to go back to square one on the project. So once again, the car was offered to the 914 community months ago and no one wanted it, or didn't want it bad enough to give up their car. It's too bad that for the people who profess they would and should do everything to save this car, either don't have the money for it, or don't really care enough. I came out of the pocket to buy the car when no one else would, I came out of the pocket to get the car up to snuff, and now I'm the bad guy because I want to use the car for my project. This is America, if you want something, you buy it, I did, when no one else would. This car had been for sale off and on for 8 years, yes 8 years. So everyone had a shot to buy it, no one cared. But now that I have thousands invested everyone wants to crucify me. It's getting real tiresome. I put the thread on here because I thought I was doing something pretty cool, taking a car that had been put out to pasture and breathing new life into it, jumping through a lot of hurdles on the way, to build one of my dream cars, and all I've gotten out of a bunch of you is grief, so please, go talk trash somewhere else, or come by on Saturday and say it to my face. But there are no new arguements here, or offers, or anything, just pissed off guys who don't even put there names to their words, taking jabs at a guy sharing his passion for Porsches and his latest project. Move on, grow up, get a massage, something, but please stop saying the same things, again and again and again.

Adam Wright
Unobtanium-Inc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.