Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cairo's 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Cairo94507
Nice cooler setup up Moparrob.
scotty b
Late model doors huing, hood setting on has great lines. All the gaps are good except for the pass latch end. REALLY close at the bottom so I need to figure out what is going on there. Still alot of fitting to be done on the nose and fenders, but they're looking pretty good too smile.gif Also got the closing panel pices made for the insides of the fenders. Once I'm happy with the fit of the fenderfs and nose I'll start welding these in
Socalandy
Great work!!!
gms
Looking good Scott!
Cairo94507
Very nice wub.gif I love to see progress being made on my car. Scotty is doing excellent work and I look forward to all of the cutting and welding being done soon. Can't wait to see it all in primer and rust free w00t.gif
OmaPossu
Looks somehow familiar..
MDG
thumb3d.gif Great work.

Oh and kudos for making your hand look so creepy in that last pic.
sixnotfour
Great Nose Job !!
Cairo94507
Yeah, I wonder if Obama-care will cover it???
scotty b
removed pass headlight bucket and found more rust mad.gif Same thing on drivers side mad.gif

Looking back at the pics of the car when it arrive, I'm pretty certain the fitment issue on the passengers side door jamb was pre-existing. the front side to fender is spot on. That rear 1/4 has a lot of previous damage repair, and appears to have been cut apart and rewelded at the time of the great wreck repair. Look back at the pics after sandblasting to see the damage around the taillight opening.
Cairo94507
I have faith that this too shall be remedied as we move forward with progress. This is going to be one correct shell to build from. This is exactly why Scotty has my car in his shop.
scotty b
Unobtanuim vs. Rareium
Socalandy
looking great and nice score on the harness. I think Unobtanuim is more appropriate. I did a lot of searching type.gif
bulitt
So every bracket you peel off has rust hiding underneath. Is the real answer to have these cars acid/chemical dipped? Patrick Motorsport seems to do that on most of there builds ???

Or maybe that wouldn't even work?

26 spot welds on that last bracket pictured? You have patience beyond your years!

smiley_notworthy.gif
Cairo94507
I wish we were at the point Andy is where that harness was being installed into the car. But I was excited to score that harness for the car. Thanks for the pictures Scotty.
JmuRiz
Very cool wiring harness...I bought a spare one, I think I'll probably use it, as I have an issue with the passenger side headlight/turn-signal area. I may send it off to our resident 914world harness guru if it's not in really good shape.
Cairo94507
My original harness is going to Jeff Bowlesby so he can have an accurate pattern for future cars in need.
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 1 2013, 07:20 PM) *

My original harness is going to Jeff Bowlesby so he can have an accurate pattern for future cars in need.

Very nice and great find on the new harness. Probably save you a lot of problems in the future.
JmuRiz
Awesome news, it'll help a lot of future builds!
scotty b
after a brief hiauts I am getting back on Michaels car. I spent some time this past week getting the headlight bucket out of the donor section. Cleaned it up and repaired some of the rust issues it had, then got it welded in. Front panel is fit and just about ready to weld back on
Cairo94507
Yay!!!! My car is moving forward again. Scotty is just to darn good and people know it and are taking up his time with their cars….. slap.gif Seriously, that is the way it goes. I am just glad to have my car in his shop with his considerable skills at work. We need more pictures welder.gif
rick 918-S
You really brought this car around Scotty!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 22 2013, 11:31 PM) *

Yay!!!! My car is moving forward again. Scotty is just to darn good and people know it and are taking up his time wight heir cars….. slap.gif Seriously, that is the way it goes. I am just glad to have my car in his shop with his considerable skills at work. We need more pictures welder.gif

My turd is almost ready to catch some colored paint, then it will be out of the way and not taking up space and time. Then the artist can work on a real work of art like your car. poke.gif
Cairo94507
blink.gif My car is no different than any other in his shop. We all want the dreaded rust worm eradicated for good. I can't wait to see it in color. bye1.gif
JmuRiz
After 3 weekends, we finally had a good one to get my car out of his shop. So at least there is one less 914 in his shop taking up his time biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
Just caught up on your recent progress, Awsome!!!

More Please chowtime.gif
scotty b
soon. I have 13 jobs in the shop and only 2 of us working, so updates are going to be spread apart for a bit longer until I get a few others finished and can free up some more time and space
Cairo94507
sad.gif
rick 918-S
That's a lot of work. The tough part is getting qualified guys to help out. Collision shop guys are not always the answer. Nice so far man!
Cairo94507
I am still waiting for the next evolution. I know Scotty has been swamped. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
I saw the car yesterday. Almost back in one piece. Looking good.
scotty b
I've got some pics to post either tomorrow or tuesday after the tranny clinic madness is over.

Nothing really astounding. I've just spent some time getting a final fit on the nose panel and fenders. Still working out some of the minor rust and accident issues up front. Trying to decide which of 4 fenders are going to be the best to put back on.
Cairo94507
Thanks Mark; I appreciate that. Wow - well I am hoping it is the almost new appearing fenders we got…. Looking forward to seeing the front end all buttoned up.
sic6
That is looking great!

beerchug.gif

scotty b
Small progress, but progress nonetheless. Right now I'm finishing up all the little spots on the car and new front clip that need repairs. The nose panel is all fit up and ready to weld on once these areas are done.
balljoint
What is the best colour undercoating to apply under Gold?
Cairo94507
Probably yellow…..

Regardless, it is nice to see progress. I can't wait for the next photos hopefully showing the front end all back on and rust free. popcorn[1].gif
CptTripps
Outstanding work. I was back/forth on sandblasting, but now I'm convinced it's the right move if I ever want to feel like I really trust that I got as much of the rust-monster as possible.

Did you use a weld-through etching primer?
scotty b
I've slowing been picking away at the remainder of the front end rust. The good news is it is all done smile.gif
scotty b
few more
Socalandy
Looks great!!!

We kept finding area's that needed work like this and it added time getting to paint but there's not one spot on my car that I worry about rust returning.
Cairo94507
beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I am very happy to see the car move forward. Looks like the front end is close to going back on after some media blasting. Thanks Scotty I appreciate the pictures and work.
JmuRiz
There's something wrong with that vin-tag...it starts in 914... I didn't think anyone on this board had the resources to afford a real /6 biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Heck, buying the Six isn't the expense.....
Cairo94507
So it turns out moving is a good thing every 23+ years or so...I found two pictures of my last Six:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

As you can hopefully tell, it was Irish Green. It was essentially stock, almost. It had a 3.0 with CSI, front oil coolers behind the fog light grills, Koni shocks, F&R sway bars and deep sixes. I had that little lip front valance which I would not use now. Car ran terrific and I sold it to further my education- tuition costs. Miss that nice little car.
mepstein
Make your new one green. Scotty has the paint code all figured out.
JmuRiz
OK, you have to share that oil cooler install setup...also how the CIS fit/worked. Inquiring minds want to know...
JmuRiz
Whoops, forgot my 2-cents on the color...I love Irish green on a 914. Scotty's last Irish green car won an award this past weekend too.
scotty b
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 6 2014, 05:24 PM) *

Whoops, forgot my 2-cents on the color...I love Irish green on a 914. Scotty's last Irish green car won an award this past weekend too.

agree.gif TOTALLY needs to go Irish now Michael.

Oh and Nathan. Ahem.... 2 awards thank you rolleyes.gif

first in class (356 ) and first overall ( Porsche ) biggrin.gif

at least half of that win was the owners work though smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.