Full Version: 914RS4 Tube Chassis 996 Suspension Audi 2.7TT Stage 3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
mgarrison
Can you share any details on the headlights you are using...? idea.gif
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Jul 29 2021, 11:53 AM) *

Can you share any details on the headlights you are using...? idea.gif

@mgarrison YES they are Morimoto LED 2.0 LED projectors with high and low beam integrated in one unit. These are supposed to be the bees knees. cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

now I just need to build an assembly that is adjustable, that can bolt up into the fender well, that is waterproof and I need to print up a new lense cover...thats all biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
Curbandgutter
Oh and I don't care if they are legal or not. However, they are technically being used as fog lights for which they are legal. bs.gif bs.gif bs.gif

I think that they would fit in a stock 914. If they do fit, I may make a run of headlight buckets and lenses if anyone is interested. They will bolt into the 914 fenders.
mgarrison
I'd be interested! Plan on not doing popups and would love to put the lights up into the fenders. popcorn[1].gif
Andyrew
They seem long to fit in the stock headlight bucket, no?

Very cool nonetheless!
MATTYLITE
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jul 29 2021, 04:18 PM) *

Oh and I don't care if they are legal or not. However, they are technically being used as fog lights for which they are legal. bs.gif bs.gif bs.gif

I think that they would fit in a stock 914. If they do fit, I may make a run of headlight buckets and lenses if anyone is interested. They will bolt into the 914 fenders.

I am 100% in for a set of clear lenses for the turn signal housings.

I too am doing headlights in those buckets on my build.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...206097&st=0

PM me if you're going to make them! beerchug.gif

76-914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 30 2021, 08:47 AM) *

Very cool nonetheless!

I think Rudy is going to make his own "bucket/fixture" if I read that right. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 30 2021, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 30 2021, 08:47 AM) *

Very cool nonetheless!

I think Rudy is going to make his own "bucket/fixture" if I read that right. beerchug.gif

I figured. I was more commenting them fitting in a stock 914 bucket. smile.gif
Curbandgutter
Yes,
I will be making a custom headlight bucket. There's really nothing out there that can be easily modified to hold those LEDs.
Curbandgutter
I was finally able to get a coat of epoxy primer on the fenders. The epoxy is supposed to seal the work so that water can't get to the metal and bodywork. Then I will shoot with 3 coats of high fill 2 part primer. Then block sand and get all mini waves out. I'm very happy with the body work. By the way, the primer I'm using is SPI........amazing stuff.
It's all made in the USA, and their epoxy primer happens to be sandable.

Before Click to view attachment

After Click to view attachment

Before Click to view attachment

After Click to view attachment

Primers Click to view attachment
djway
I have heard good things about SPI clear.
Looking good.
Maltese Falcon
Rudy...your skills could put a Pebble Beach coachbuilder out of business
Click to view attachment
Curbandgutter
Thank you for the compliment beerchug.gif beerchug.gif but if they saw how the sausage was made in the back of the kitchen, they'd throw me out with a swift kick. Some of those guys are true masters..........I have to use a small amount of bondo. But I suspect that all of the painted cars have a small amount of bondo or at least high build primer. shades.gif
Curbandgutter
Just painted fenders with high build primer.
siverson
Wow - looks really narrow in primer. Almost stock.

-Steve
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 4 2021, 01:00 PM) *

Wow - looks really narrow in primer. Almost stock.

-Steve

I would have to agree, almost stock av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif . w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
Curbandgutter
Front has been neglected so here you go.
Curbandgutter
Running boards.
tygaboy
No words. Well, other than these.

aktion035.gif drooley.gif pray.gif wub.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Dion
smash.gif This build is phenomenal Rudy. Wow. Love the outlets on the fenders, it does indeed have a 959 vibe happening there. Very cool. beerchug.gif
Curbandgutter
Thanks guys. Positive comments keep us going. If there was no one to share your work with it would not be as rewarding. Going to be out for a while. I’m in the middle of a fight with COVID. I’ve been completely exhausted for 5 days now. Lost smell and taste. No energy to walk to the restroom. Have to muster all I have to get up. Today odd the first day that I felt a change in the right direction. For all my brothers out there say a prayer for me.
AZBanks
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 10 2021, 02:00 PM) *

Thanks guys. Positive comments keep us going. If there was no one to share your work with it would not be as rewarding. Going to be out for a while. I’m in the middle of a fight with COVID. I’ve been completely exhausted for 5 days now. Lost smell and taste. No energy to walk to the restroom. Have to muster all I have to get up. Today odd the first day that I felt a change in the right direction. For all my brothers out there say a prayer for me.

You got it. Prayers going up for a fast recovery.
Shivers
Prayer sent, hope you are 100% real soon. God knows the world needs someone that can create a 914 Salvador Dali Edition.
andys
Prayers for a speedy recovery!
I just went through a radical prostatectomy last Thursday, from which I'm still recovering. Needless to say, there's no 914 activity over here.
Andys
sixnotfour
Prayer sent, hope you are 100% soon..
76-914
Damn Rudy, I almost stopped by there last Friday but I was driving the red 914 and it was getting hot outside so I went straight home. Glad that I went home instead now. I thought you already had covid several months back. Are you vaccinated? Is this the Variant? Regardless prayers sent, God Speed and if there is anything I can do for you - from a safe distance - LMK. blink.gif
FL000
Get better soon so you can get back on that 914. Nothing as satisfying as getting some primer on it - big milestone.
Cairo94507
Just an amazing build. I hope you get well soon and get back to work on this incredible car. Rest and get well. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Drink lots of water and keep the positive attitude! Get better soon buddy!

tygaboy
Rudy - You take care and get well soon!
mgp4591
Take care of you for now...the rest of us will have to suffer through with your previous posts for inspiration and vision! Get well soon bud! aktion035.gif
Krieger
Hang in there dude!
Andyrew
@curbandgutter

You doin OK buddy? Lots of us are concerned that you havent logged in since the 10th!
LefthandRev
I just caught up on all of this. This build is friggin' BANANAS.

B. A. N. A. N. A. S.
Curbandgutter
Hey guys wow I barely made it. Had a real life and death struggle with Covid. So many were praying thank you thank you thank you. I had a direct encounter with King Jesus. I had given up the fight and was ready to die. I had been fighting for 10 days, had no appetite lost at least 15 lbs in 10 days. But God had other plans for me. Had a vision where King Jesus pulled out from the lineup. May sound weird to some but I can’t deny what I saw and how King Jesus saved me. This happened on Tuesday morning. From that point on my full appetite came back and I’ve just been regaining my strength. I’m so glad to be back.
76-914
Even Jesus wants to see your build finished. Welcome back Pipo. beerchug.gif
FL000
Wow, glad you pulled through. It affects people so differently and sounds like you got lucky. Glad you are getting better.
Blue6
Good to hear your on the mend. biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
Rudy

Thank you for the update. We all need you, but most importantly your family does too. Looking forward to seeing you back on your feet enjoying what you do....

Just FYI, you're not alone. I have a family member with long haul Covid..not fun

Stay strong my friend

beer3.gif

Oscar
Andyrew
Rudy, Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your doing! Were all praying for you!
andys
Rudy, thank God you pulled through!

Andys
Curbandgutter
Thanks everyone! You guys are all a bunch of good peeeepz. Thank you for all your prayers....and I truly mean that. I'm getting back at it as of today. Will have an update soon on the cantilever suspension.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Netspeed
Just checking in to see how you're feeling! Hope you have the energy for the build.
Curbandgutter
Hey @Netspeed thank you for asking. I do have the energy and have been working on the car. I would like more time but I was out almost a month from Covid and had a lot of work to catch up on. I completed the fenders though, blocked and primed inside and out, the floor is primed inside and out. I’m now moving on to the suspension pieces. have them engineered now I need to install my new mill and Lathe. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Cracker
Damn Rudy...what a beast of chassis - its like Grp 5 all over again (but with more power)! beerchug.gif

Impressive.

Cracker
rgalla9146

Rudy your car is as sick as they get.
You must stay well.
Best wishes and prayers.
Beautiful concept and execution.
An inspiration.
Rory
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 19 2021, 07:49 AM) *

Damn Rudy...what a beast of chassis - its like Grp 5 all over again (but with more power)! beerchug.gif

Impressive.

Cracker

hey @cracker [u] thanks man. I can't wait to drive this thing, but I'm currently setting up my mill and lathe so that I can get on with the bell crank suspension.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 19 2021, 03:55 PM) *

You must stay well.
Best wishes and prayers.
An inspiration.
Rory

Thanks @rory[u]
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 20 2021, 11:55 AM) *

You must stay well.
Best wishes and prayers.
An inspiration.
Rory

agree.gif what a beast,built like a tank welder.gif ,great skills here.
Pleased to here you are recovered ,good luck.

Curbandgutter
QUICK UPDATE:

Seats came in. Posted a couple of pictures for comparison. The Recaros use std 914 seat sliders. They slide and recline as well.

The suspension pieces are engineered and are being machined.

RECARO POLE POSITIONS
Click to view attachment

OBVIOUS STOCK ONES
Click to view attachment

SEATS I HAD BEEN PONDERING
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.