Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2016 *Official Thread*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
worn
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 2 2016, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Feb 2 2016, 12:39 AM) *

'Nuther suggestion.... maybe we could gather up cell phone numbers for attendees. Might be good to be able to contact others in case of incidents, notify next of kin, etc.

Well this escalated quickly! unsure.gif

I know. You might think about laying low for a while. Maybe a safe house...
rick 918-S
Hope gas prices stay low. $ 1.55 reg today
brant
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 2 2016, 09:48 AM) *

Hope gas prices stay low. $ 1.55 reg today

They should. Still an election year so it's going to be a great year for road trips!
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 26 2016, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 26 2016, 03:14 PM) *

Uh oh, what's up with the back Rick? And furthermore, where in the Hell is Slits? confused24.gif Calling Ron; get your name up on da list.

If SLITS isn't there, why even bother going. sad.gif I hope you can show up Ron.

SLITS .... my name is Ron .... most refer to me as Asshole. Take your pick!
worn
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 2 2016, 10:06 AM) *

Uh oh, what's up with the back Rick? And furthermore, where in the Hell is Slits? confused24.gif Calling Ron; get your name up on da list.

If SLITS isn't there, why even bother going. sad.gif I hope you can show up Ron.

I totally cannot wait to meet you. I believe that this is the kind of event that Hoyt Axton was thinking of when he wrote "Mama told me not to come".
Click to view attachment
SharonG
I plan to be there for all events, meals, parties, drunk.gif , etc. beerchug.gif I'll have my usual date with me, too. wub.gif
And you can add us to the Denver, CO list with a Tangerine 914/6 and Zambezi Green 914.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Feb 2 2016, 01:15 PM) *

I plan to be there for all events, meals, parties, drunk.gif , etc. beerchug.gif I'll have my usual date with me, too. wub.gif
And you can add us to the Denver, CO list with a Tangerine 914/6 and Zambezi Green 914.

WooHoo - both cars! Are you coming through Durango (it isn't the best route to Flagstaff but not a bad one)?

I am trying to get both of mine there but Mary doesn't want to drive it (her driving limit is about 2 hours and I am pushing it to get her as a passenger for 7 hours)
brant

Between waide and mike you both have "keepers"
mgp4591
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 2 2016, 01:30 PM) *

WooHoo - both cars! Are you coming through Durango (it isn't the best route to Flagstaff but not a bad one)?

I am trying to get both of mine there but Mary doesn't want to drive it (her driving limit is about 2 hours and I am pushing it to get her as a passenger for 7 hours)

I'll drive to Durango and drive your other car for you!! w00t.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 2 2016, 01:30 PM) *

Oh, we have to DRIVE one? confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Feb 2 2016, 05:47 PM) *

Oh, we have to DRIVE one? I confused24.gif

No - not at all. Just wondering what route you were taking.
olsib914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 31 2016, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jan 31 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Hey, can someone make a list of attendees that correlates people's real names with their screen names?

idea.gif This is the best I could do. headbang.gif
Please help to correct any mistakes and fill in the ???'s. confused24.gif

Arizona
AZ914 - Jason - Tucson - Red /6
cpavlenko - Constantine - Chino Valley - White 914
jat914 - ??? & ??? - Prescott - ???
michael7810 - Michael - Phoenix - Green 914
MoveQik - Mike & Waide - Scottsdale - Yellow /6 willis.gif
SKL1 - Stu - Scottsdale / Iowa - Red 914

California
76-914 - Kent & Wendy - Temecula - Black /subi
Coondog - Greg - Apple Valley - White 914
Cuda911 - Mike & Sara - Oceanside - Blue 914 & Sliver 914
Elliot Cannon - Elliot - Paso Robles - Black flared /4 Click to view attachment
olsib914 - another Michael Orange County oxidized bahia
Slits - Ron - Big Bear - Grey /6

Colorado
brant - Brant - Denver - Black 914 ninja.gif
Kansas 914 - Mike & Mary - Durango - Red 914

Nevada
VegasRacer - John - Las Vegas - Black flared /6 elvira.gif

Utah
mgp4591 - Mike - Salt Lake - Subaru

Far Away
KELTY360 - Marc - Renton, Washington - Vanagon /subi
rick 918-S - Rick & Sandy - Duluth, Minnesota - Black flared /8 ricola.gif
worn - Warren - Madison, Wisconsin - Creamsicle

*(A personalized tongue.gif indicates a COTM winner.)
olsib914
a big "maybe" will be Marc from Fullerton red/orange 4 with flares
VegasRacer
Well . . . . this is obviously going to be a P A R T Y . . . . and since I don't drink . . . . I am going to have to provide a surrogate. shades.gif
Nikki from Albuquerque. beer3.gif Some of you met her at Turtle Mountain 2 years ago. beerchug.gif Try to keep up. happy11.gif
Larmo63
I will be coming solo, black 914, the name is Lawrence, large shirt please.

I'll book my rooms tomorrow, thanks John…..!

This event was well run and so much fun last year. beerchug.gif

Don't let Ron smoke anything with a weird smell at this event, lest he sleep in the parking lot.

(Randy Newman wrote "Mama Told Me Not To Come")
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 2 2016, 09:00 PM) *

Don't let Ron smoke anything with a weird smell at this event, lest he sleep in the parking lot.

If I recall, he was sleeping in the dirt under a palm tree. It was Palm Springs after all. laugh.gif And I CAN NOT BELIEVE no one got a picture. confused24.gif av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 2 2016, 10:06 AM) *

Show up in Arizona and you will be known as Ron or SLITS. If you don't, won't or can't.....???? av-943.gif
VegasRacer
7 guys named Mike. 6 Black 914's.
Nobody named Mike is driving a Black 914.
Ironic. blink.gif
Cuda911
^^^ You can just call Lawrence "Mike" to resolve that.

Hey, Lawrence, want to drive out together? I forgot, what motor do you have in the black one. You sold Speedy? Lost track.
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 2 2016, 09:25 PM) *

If I recall, he was sleeping in the dirt under a palm tree. It was Palm Springs after all. laugh.gif And I CAN NOT BELIEVE no one got a picture. confused24.gif av-943.gif

It was concrete and comfortable. Those Palm trees were my best friends for about 2 hours. I tried to remain erect upright, but ....... I was not asleep; merely an intense study of the back of my eyelids. drunk.gif and smoke.gif ... they don't mix well.
76-914
If someone can bring a portable fire pit we might get Ron to reenact his infamous Utah Fire Walk. stirthepot.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 3 2016, 06:29 AM) *

drunk.gif and smoke.gif ... they don't mix well.

There is a name for that in Colorado... We call it "Twisted" which is fitting for lots of reasons.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 2 2016, 11:41 PM) *

7 guys named Mike. 6 Black 914's.
Nobody named Mike is driving a Black 914.
Ironic. blink.gif

Nice observation John. I have been thinking about getting the /6 wrapped because I won't be able to handle the ridicule of driving a "pink" car. Now I know what color to wrap it. biggrin.gif
Sleepin
It looks as though Val and I will be holding off until RRC. sad.gif

We'll miss you guys making fun of Durango_914's pink car! (I can only say this because I know Mike won't drive over Red Mountain Pass this time of year to kick my ass)... laugh.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 3 2016, 09:32 AM) *

We'll miss you guys making fun of Durango_914's pink car! (I can only say this because I know Mike won't drive over Red Mountain Pass this time of year to kick my ass)... laugh.gif

You guys will be missed for sure.

Dammit - it isn't pink! And the only reason I don't drive over Red Mountain Pass is because it is closed right now! smile.gif
Kansas 914
I was reading a discussion on ethanol on another thread earlier and thought I would post this. Original thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=275364

It seems to be the only ethanol free gas in Flagstaff if you want it. Maybe we should get a few 5 gallons of VP Racing 100 and split it up!

Carter Oil - PACIFIC PRIDE
2201 E Huntington Dr, Flagstaff AZ
928-774-7600
Ethanol-free octane ratings: 87 100 110

Their 87 octane is sold at the pump but they also sell VP Racing 100, 110 LL, and 114 LL E0 fuels in 5 gallon containers. They make it real easy to get a Pacific Pride fuel card.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 3 2016, 10:34 AM) *

You guys will be missed for sure.

Dammit - it isn't pink! And the only reason I don't drive over Red Mountain Pass is because it is closed right now! smile.gif

Jealous... biggrin.gif Drive it like you stole it!
StratPlayer
OK,,, life's issues have changed. Rooms are booked and I'm ready to rock. Looking forward to this run. piratenanner.gif cheer.gif

Looking for the thread on reg.fees and shirt sizes,, I need to pay up... Shirt Size 1 L 1 M

Gonna spend wed. night in vegas, thursday travel on to Flagstaff.
mgp4591
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 3 2016, 12:36 PM) *

OK,,, life's issues have changed. Rooms are booked and I'm ready to rock. Looking forward to this run. piratenanner.gif cheer.gif

Looking for the thread on reg.fees and shirt sizes,, I need to pay up... Shirt Size 1 L 1 M

Cool! If you don't mind a Subaru tailing you... shades.gif
StratPlayer
No problem,,, you plan on spending a night in vegas or meeting us in vegas?
brant

awesome!
mgp4591
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 3 2016, 02:39 PM) *

No problem,,, you plan on spending a night in vegas or meeting us in vegas?

Probably spend a night... I could use the rest. You think my crutches were bad at WCR, you ain't seen nuthin' yet... unsure.gif
Kansas 914

I think I met your car at Red Rocks in Moab when Jamie drove it. It will be great to meet you - cheers!

PS: You know he had your car right? smile.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 3 2016, 03:52 PM) *

I think I met your car at Red Rocks in Moab when Jamie drove it. It will be great to meet you - cheers!

PS: You know he had your car right? smile.gif

Yep, that was Strat's car, before he had it restored, although it was already pretty sweet. I got a ride-along back from Canyonlands with Jamie! driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 3 2016, 01:32 PM) *

Cool! If you don't mind a Subaru tailing you... shades.gif

Excellent. biggrin.gif Caravan from Vegas to Flagstaff. aubergine914.jpg signal914.jpg red914.jpg
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 3 2016, 02:51 PM) *

you ain't seen nuthin' yet...

Randy Bachman. tunez.gif rock_band.gif
euro911
The event's dates look do-able. I may even be in AZ at the time confused24.gif

If I can get the clutch release issue taken care of on the 'BB' before then idea.gif hmmm ... unsure.gif

I definitely want to order two shirts (I'm running low on 914 shirts) dry.gif ... 1 'L' for me and 1 'M' (ladies style) for Dianne.

P.S. awesome pix (as usual), John thumb3d.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 3 2016, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 3 2016, 02:51 PM) *

you ain't seen nuthin' yet...

Randy Bachman. tunez.gif rock_band.gif

Nice segue... I'm more of a 'Blue Collar' BTO fan but it's all good! aktion035.gif
Yeah, a Vegas caravan- I haven't done that since 74! driving.gif
Kansas 914

I can only say this because I know Mike won't drive over Red Mountain Pass this time of year to kick my ass)... laugh.gif

I must come clean. The fact that the pass is closed is not the only reason I don't make that drive and seek revenge... #kickboxer chair.gif
worn

Really? Yeah. I had it confused with the one Hoyt really wrote "No, no, no, I don't do that no more. Tired of waking up on the floor". Sorry for the misinformation. You can see the similar theme.
worn
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 4 2016, 12:07 AM) *

Nice segue... I'm more of a 'Blue Collar' BTO fan but it's all good! aktion035.gif

So you're Canadian eh? I believe there are a lot of Homer Simpson references to BTO, so you are in good company.
Gawd I hope the car makes it both ways. It was pretty stupid last time I tried. Anyone got ideas of how I can get hold of a cheap data logger that will do vacuum, RPM, CHT and A/F? I bought my son a megasquirt kit for Christmas and he built it and it works on the simulator. Can that be used? I think I will be running better if I can find the tune. 2056 with 9.5 compression a webcam 73 and the stock EFI. So far it is either over rich and cool at 75 mph or tuned for mileage and heading for 400 degrees. I want something in between. Tired of a sooty valence. Tools needed to make adjustments will fit in your pocket, so it is a good opportunity to dial in.
76-914
Can this be...........Rt 66 currently has more attendee's that WCR16 WTF.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 4 2016, 09:24 AM) *

Can this be...........Rt 66 currently has more attendee's that WCR16 WTF.gif

piratenanner.gif
Sleepin
Rt66 has the second most fun group next to RRC.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 4 2016, 11:26 AM) *

I am lucky enough to get to do both this year!
JRust
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 4 2016, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 4 2016, 11:26 AM) *

Man you guys don't know nuthin! The WCR group is the best group ever evilgrin.gif . Okay they are just awesome too. You guys need to come out for that. I've had years I made all 3. Step it up poke.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 4 2016, 10:26 AM) *
You and Valerie going to make it to this one?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 4 2016, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 4 2016, 10:28 AM) *

Man you guys don't know nuthin! The WCR group is the best group ever evilgrin.gif . Okay they are just awesome too. You guys need to come out for that. I've had years I made all 3. Step it up poke.gif

Would the WCR group laugh at my "pink" car? biggrin.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 4 2016, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 4 2016, 12:07 AM) *

So you're Canadian eh? I believe there are a lot of Homer Simpson references to BTO, so you are in good company.
Gawd I hope the car makes it both ways. It was pretty stupid last time I tried. Anyone got ideas of how I can get hold of a cheap data logger that will do vacuum, RPM, CHT and A/F? I bought my son a megasquirt kit for Christmas and he built it and it works on the simulator. Can that be used? I think I will be running better if I can find the tune. 2056 with 9.5 compression a webcam 73 and the stock EFI. So far it is either over rich and cool at 75 mph or tuned for mileage and heading for 400 degrees. I want something in between. Tired of a sooty valence. Tools needed to make adjustments will fit in your pocket, so it is a good opportunity to dial in.

I use Megasquirt and the data logging software that came with it. Or wait, did I have to purchase that separately? Hoo boy, memory ain't what it used to be. I think I got the software with the Megasquirt system which was all set up by Joe O'Brien (Series9). The data logging is pretty damn good, tons of information logged. It would definitely log CHT, RPM, and AFR - I'm using the on-board module for the vacuum but have abandoned MAP-based tuning with those ITBs on there - I've gone with alpha-n (i.e. throttle position) instead. Crude, but effective. I personally don't have CHT set up, but vacuum, RPM and AFR, oh yeah, those are all logged.

It's been helpful to me, learning the ins-n-outs of tuning. When I'm back in Rio Rancho, I can look up what the actual piece of software is called. I'm using a serial port by the way, although USB is also available and (I think) one can even get a bloody app for that and use a freakin' phone now. rolleyes.gif

Hi everyone by the way! I'm not sure I can make Rt66 this year. But I'm trying. wacko.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 4 2016, 10:26 AM) *

I've been to ALL the events at one time or another. Sometimes all in one year. They are ALL good. At least the ones I've been to. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.