Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2016 *Official Thread*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
StratPlayer
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Apr 11 2016, 07:21 AM) *

I hope us ROW'ers get to enjoy some nice videos of 914's in action from this event. drooley.gif

I'm bringing my gopro, I'll be taking lots of videos.
76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 11 2016, 03:11 PM) *

ODB2 working. Just a few doohickeys left to wire up tonite and it's a happy camper. piratenanner.gif

IPB Image

That's good. You can Shit Can those evap codes and fuel temp codes. What's with the Bank 1 air intake sensor? Not needed?
Chris914n6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 11 2016, 06:57 PM) *

ODB2 working. Just a few doohickeys left to wire up tonite and it's a happy camper. piratenanner.gif

That's good. You can Shit Can those evap codes and fuel temp codes. What's with the Bank 1 air intake sensor? Not needed?

The 2 temp senders affect fuel trim, not enough to notice driving.gif but easy remedies. The EVAP stuff I'm missing as it's at the gas tank end of things. About $10 of stuff at the PickAPart. Worth it to have a functioning CEL.

Got my fingers crossed that I can mount the dash for the last time tonite. Went from a 94 300zx cluster to a 94 J30 cluster. Same mechanical engineer, different electrical engineer wacko.gif

Another page 2 icon_bump.gif Is this not 2 weeks away??!! smash.gif type.gif beer3.gif biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
Got my new dash installed, all I have to do is clean it with some soapy water, then give it a good coating of 303, Now the car is ready Thank Eric an Gene,,,PMB smilie_pokal.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 12 2016, 01:50 PM) *

The 2 temp senders affect fuel trim, not enough to notice driving.gif but easy remedies. The EVAP stuff I'm missing as it's at the gas tank end of things. About $10 of stuff at the PickAPart. Worth it to have a functioning CEL.

Got my fingers crossed that I can mount the dash for the last time tonite. Went from a 94 300zx cluster to a 94 J30 cluster. Same mechanical engineer, different electrical engineer wacko.gif

Another page 2 icon_bump.gif Is this not 2 weeks away??!! smash.gif type.gif beer3.gif biggrin.gif

OK, just wondered. My Subie only has only one air temp sensor. Get that thing running. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Rt66. And yes, two weeks and two days. smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 12 2016, 03:05 PM) *

Got my new dash installed, all I have to do is clean it with some soapy water, then give it a good coating of 303, Now the car is ready Thank Eric an Gene,,,PMB smilie_pokal.gif

Love the cocoa mats. biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 12 2016, 04:05 PM) *

Wow. !
brant
Found this tonight on the driver's side

Anybody have a spare to sell ?
StratPlayer
Can't believe the outrages prices for a door handle on ebay, only reasonable one I could find brant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...XuD&vxp=mtr
brant
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 13 2016, 04:58 AM) *

Can't believe the outrages prices for a door handle on ebay, only reasonable one I could find brant.

Good find! A couple of days left on the auction
I'll put out a classified in the mean time
Thanks!

Kansas 914
Brant - here is a brand new repop. I bought right and left side on sale. They are exact copies of the original which means the "weakness" carries over but overall not bad.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...-76-p18739.html
Kansas 914
I might also have one I took off a parts car but it may not be cosmetically what you want. Yours for free if I find it.
JRust
If Mike doesn't find one. I'm sure I have one. Let me know & I'll be happy to send it your way smile.gif
brant
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 13 2016, 07:30 AM) *

Brant - here is a brand new repop. I bought right and left side on sale. They are exact copies of the original which means the "weakness" carries over but overall not bad.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...-76-p18739.html

Mike,
how was the look/fit of the reproduction when you received it and had it in your hand?
that might be the quick solution to my problem

(I think I had better pull apart the passenger side tonight and see if I need more than one before I order)
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 13 2016, 07:55 AM) *

Mike,
how was the look/fit of the reproduction when you received it and had it in your hand?
that might be the quick solution to my problem

(I think I had better pull apart the passenger side tonight and see if I need more than one before I order)

I was happy with the product when I received it (though the first time they sent two right handed and had to exchange). I have read where some people have had trouble installing the keylock - I haven't gotten that far yet.

I have pictures I took for URY (Paul Woodbury) I will find the post here and link it.

PS: I must also add I paid $42 each during a sale last year so my critique is based on a $42 part...
Kansas 914
Here is a link to the door handle thread with pictures: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...+kansas++handle
brant
thank you sir
I remember thinking at the time that I should buy for future spares
but didn't

worn
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 13 2016, 05:52 AM) *

If Mike doesn't find one. I'm sure I have one. Let me know & I'll be happy to send it your way smile.gif

Up here it has thawed enough to get the car out this week for the first time. Normally I lick some sand from the road to see if the salt is gone, but we had snow and a thunderstorm that washed it all away for sure.

I bought a new air dam and of course it isn't right in so many ways - Mikey's site said out of stock so I tried a different vendor. So I am glassing up the old one with reinforcements. Add that to the '76 bumper and the car is a bit heavy on the ends.

Also I am worried. My car is a lot uglier than everyone else's. This is the sports car that I actually drive a lot. So the engine and transmission are the major work and everything else is sort of worn.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 13 2016, 11:32 AM) *

Also I am worried. My car is a lot uglier than everyone else's. This is the sports car that I actually drive a lot. So the engine and transmission are the major work and everything else is sort of worn.

I have original faded paint and original sand blasted windshield. Plus my seats are ripped. It's black so I was going for a hotrod/ratrod look. I was hoping to get either the most original or the least pretty award biggrin.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 12 2016, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 12 2016, 01:50 PM) *

OK, just wondered. My Subie only has only one air temp sensor. Get that thing running. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Rt66. And yes, two weeks and two days. smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Uses MAF, air temp is minor and actually wasn't plugged in back when I was driving it. Turns out so wasn't a handful of other things too and it still passed the sniffer test for 2005 laugh.gif Should be at 100% this time.
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 13 2016, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 13 2016, 05:52 AM) *

Up here it has thawed enough to get the car out this week for the first time. Normally I lick some sand from the road to see if the salt is gone, but we had snow and a thunderstorm that washed it all away for sure.

I bought a new air dam and of course it isn't right in so many ways - Mikey's site said out of stock so I tried a different vendor. So I am glassing up the old one with reinforcements. Add that to the '76 bumper and the car is a bit heavy on the ends.

He said Worn.... HA!
My car isn't going to be the jewel that lots of these are either, but I'm looking to get lots of ideas from completed projects and guys/gals with the passion for these little cars from all over. Driving from where you and Rick are coming from is great to see, regardless of how she looks! w00t.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 13 2016, 04:42 PM) *

He said Worn.... HA!
My car isn't going to be the jewel that lots of these are either, but I'm looking to get lots of ideas from completed projects and guys/gals with the passion for these little cars from all over. Driving from where you and Rick are coming from is great to see, regardless of how she looks! w00t.gif

agree.gif

Any 914 is welcome - well any Porsche is welcome - well any car is welcome.

This is Route 66 not Amelia Island!

Come one come all. It is all about sharing common ideas and knowledge. The best 914 minds in the country will be there. I am not one of those but am a good listener...
euro911
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 13 2016, 06:08 AM) *
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 13 2016, 04:58 AM) *
Good find! A couple of days left on the auction
I'll put out a classified in the mean time
Thanks!
Brant, the Bruce Stone Swap Meet is coming up on April 17th ... I can look for one there (if that's not out of the realm of your time limits) confused24.gif
forrestkhaag
Agreed here as well.

This event, unlike many others in the Porsche genre, is for drivers, riders, and lookers - not polishers and car storage facilities.

Being there (as *Chance would have it) is the whole thing with the 914 Rt 66.

Being There
* Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be a Route 66 drive in the spring!

Benjamin Rand: Hmm! (Thinking If only I were younger"....)

Chance the Gardener: Hmm! ( Thinking.. "if only I knew how to drive a car"... )

President "Bobby": Hm. Well....., Mr. Gardner,..... I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.

[Benjamin Rand applauds] (As he now realizes that he is only as young as he chooses to live - and with the Rand fortune , he could buy Jerry Seinfeld's 914-6 GT and two or three of his homes in the bargain just for lagniappe - and then make the Rt 66 run in style..)

President "Bobby": I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on I-40 and all other roads NOT leading to Flagstaff.

Let's do the Rt 66!.

beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
Also, I am looking for a Dansk banana muffler to mate to my 2.o headers. If anyone has one laying around and can bring it to the Swap Meet, I am a buyer.

beerchug.gif
euro911
... and I am the walrus - coo coo cachoo laugh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 13 2016, 05:16 PM) *

Agreed here as well.

This event, unlike many others in the Porsche genre, is for drivers, riders, and lookers - not polishers and car storage facilities.

Being there (as *Chance would have it) is the whole thing with the 914 Rt 66.

Being There
* Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be a Route 66 drive in the spring!

Benjamin Rand: Hmm! (Thinking If only I were younger"....)

Chance the Gardener: Hmm! ( Thinking.. "if only I knew how to drive a car"... )

President "Bobby": Hm. Well....., Mr. Gardner,..... I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.

[Benjamin Rand applauds] (As he now realizes that he is only as young as he chooses to live - and with the Rand fortune , he could buy Jerry Seinfeld's 914-6 GT and two or three of his homes in the bargain just for lagniappe - and then make the Rt 66 run in style..)

President "Bobby": I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on I-40 and all other roads NOT leading to Flagstaff.

Let's do the Rt 66!.

beerchug.gif

poke.gif I want two of whatever your taking, Forest. Shirley was HOT in the "bedroom scene".
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 13 2016, 06:35 PM) *

poke.gif I want two of whatever your taking, Forest. Shirley was HOT in the "bedroom scene".

"I like to watch" popcorn[1].gif happy11.gif
brant
Mark

Really nice offer
I think I'm good and should have one shipping out this week!

Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 13 2016, 07:05 PM) *

Mark

Really nice offer
I think I'm good and should have one shipping out this week!

smilie_pokal.gif
76-914
T minus 2 weeks and counting..............................
StratPlayer
Good Morning
MoveQik

This event, - not polishers

Shit. I'm out. FERG.gif willis.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 14 2016, 10:38 AM) *

biggrin.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 14 2016, 10:38 AM) *

You can't be out, Wills! Quite a few folks depend on you for their yearly 914 clean/polish.
914_teener
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 14 2016, 09:38 AM) *

I am sure Slits has some he can give you...
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 14 2016, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 14 2016, 09:38 AM) *

I am sure Slits has some he can give you...

Sure he will. lol-2.gif Ron hasn't washed his car since Reagan was President.
mgp4591
Just a shameless plug here - I've got some 964 C2 wheels with brand new tires I can bring to the event. I'll post pictures soon on the Classifieds, but saving shipping charges is always good. PM me if anyone is interested so as not to dilute the purity of this thread...
Sorry - now back to the usual banter. rolleyes.gif
mgp4591
Geez.... I didn't mean to stop the thread cold with my mention of parts for sale. I apologize and bump this back up! unsure.gif
euro911
You're fine
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 14 2016, 05:14 PM) *

Just a shameless plug here - I've got some 964 C2 wheels with brand new tires I can bring to the event. I'll post pictures soon on the Classifieds, but saving shipping charges is always good. PM me if anyone is interested so as not to dilute the purity of this thread...
Sorry - now back to the usual banter. rolleyes.gif

Many deals are done this way at Route 66. It just makes sense for both parties. Cheers!
VegasRacer
Flashback photo from the 1st Route 66 Classic in 2005.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 15 2016, 07:34 PM) *

Flashback photo from the 1st Route 66 Classic in 2005.

aktion035.gif
76-914
Ready to roll. Put my Traveling Lid on tonite. Learned my lesson about traveling with my wife. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
brant
installed bumper sticker. Not going to be able to take a test drive for the next 4 days. Should have a door handle by then.

A ways to go still.
Larmo63
Two weeks from tonight, we'll be there, drinking, bullshitting, and watching Ron ______________ over on the _______________.

Kent, make sure you bring the ____________, it makes the entertainment a lot livelier.

I can't wait to see all of you goobers!!!!!!!!!
mgp4591
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 15 2016, 10:32 PM) *

Two weeks from tonight, we'll be there, drinking, bullshitting, and watching Ron ______________ over on the _______________.

Kent, make sure you bring the ____________, it makes the entertainment a lot livelier.

I can't wait to see all of you goobers!!!!!!!!!

Now there's a good idea for the late night fueled up fun and games... Larmo's Mad Libs!
Take everyones names and make up an absurd story line with blanks everywhere for verbs and nouns, then watch the insults fly! lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
Most of the shirts were delivered today.
The printer informed me a couple of days ago that a few of the shirts did not pass inspection. They promised replacements would be sent some time next week.
StratPlayer
Very cool smilie_pokal.gif
76-914
OK, spoke with Ron today and, as he is quite familiar with that area and a few local jails, he is going to select a restaurant on the 15 and north of the 10 where the SoCal group can congregate. Watch for his post later this week! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.