Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2016 *Official Thread*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Cuda911
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 27 2016, 05:11 AM) *

If anyone can bring a starter I would pay you back hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
Please grouphug.gif

Do you really need one to be brought? How will you get there without one?

I have the old one from my '74 if you want it. I replaced it with a Hi-Torque a few months ago.
KELTY360
[quote name='worn' date='Apr 27 2016, 03:14 AM' post='2336567']
[ biggrin.gif quote name='KELTY360' date='Apr 26 2016, 04:55 PM' post='2336412']
Checking in from the NW and I should be on the road, but I'm not. Been trying to get my newly rebuilt EG33 in the Westy fired, but ONE BOLT has stymied me. Long story but needing to drop the tranny down to install a breather line set me back the whole weekend. I'm back on track now but I had to cancel my Thursday reservation. Hoping to make it to Flag on Friday but that's a longshot. Saturday in Prescott still on the radar.

Party on!
[/quote]
My wife is visiting her mom in north bend. When you leaving? Actually she is meeting me in Denver after the big show of us looking at our cars. Sad for her, she gets the flat country home. I hope she gives that suitcase to her mother biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Hope to be leaving on Thursday, but that depends on getting my shifter working properly and getting some road time around town to make sure I'm sorted out.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 07:43 AM) *

I have the old one from my '74 if you want it. I replaced it with a Hi-Torque a few months ago.

So Mike - you have the starter covered for Warren? I think he is having intermittent issues - had to hit with a hammer yesterday.
olsib914
piratenanner.gif ok meeting up with SoCal group at Pearblossom Hwy and I15 by 7:30 am
olsib914..another Mike
1 714 323 0787
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:58 AM) *

So Mike - you have the starter covered for Warren? I think he is having intermittent issues - had to hit with a hammer yesterday.

Better do the Ed test.... shades.gif I'm just sayin...
MoveQik
If anyone needs anything brought up from Phoenix last minute on Friday, tap my cell. 480-227-9967 Wills
Steve
I am also not going. I will be cancelling my reservations later this morning. After Sean installed the Engman long kit in my car, my gaps closed up a bit, causing my car to leak horribly. None of the weather stripping lines up right and I cannot close the windows all the way. It's on my list to take all the carpets and interior out to try to fix it. Pain in the ass.....
Cuda911
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 05:58 AM) *

Sure, I'll bring the starter. He needs to supply his own hammer.

Yet another Mike. I can be reached at: 760-521-6543
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 27 2016, 08:04 AM) *

Better do the Ed test.... shades.gif I'm just sayin...

agree.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:23 AM) *

Thanks Mike!

And for the record - be sure to call Brant "Mike" all weekend. Regards, Mike.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 27 2016, 07:21 AM) *

I am also not going. I will be cancelling my reservations later this morning. After Sean installed the Engman long kit in my car, my gaps closed up a bit, causing my car to leak horribly. None of the weather stripping lines up right and I cannot close the windows all the way. It's on my list to take all the carpets and interior out to try to fix it. Pain in the ass.....

Damn Steve! I was looking forward to seeing your car. Oh and....meeting you of course. smile.gif
76-914
Here is the map showing the McD's where we will meet. A Chevron is next to it so a good place to top off the tank, too.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:23 AM) *

Thanks Mike!

And for the record - be sure to call Brant "Mike" all weekend. Regards, Mike.

Every 20 minutes all night. happy11.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 27 2016, 12:32 AM) *

You can pay at the door.

Grand Canyon National Park Vehicle Permit - $30.00. Admits one single, private, non-commercial vehicle and all its passengers.
Grand Canyon National Park Annual Pass - $60.00. Valid for twelve months from the date of purchase for unlimited visits.

National Park Annual Pass - $80.00. Unlimited for ALL National Parks for twelve months.
National Park Senior Pass - $10.00. One time processing fee if you are over 62.

Every year there is a free week to all National Parks. This year it was last week.headbang.gif

The problem is that is usually a cold week for most parks.

http://www.nationalparks.org/national-park-week
Kansas 914
Add to the list:

Mike and Mary Moorman
Mobile: 817-832-4171

I now have 4 Mikes and 1 Ron on the contact list.....
Cuda911
Warren,

Here's the starter I have:

Kansas 914
It is a gorgeous sunny Spring day in the Four Corners. I wish I was leaving today!
worn
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 05:43 AM) *

Please grouphug.gif

Would appreciate that. Thanks. Hope it isn't too big a trouble. pray.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 27 2016, 07:56 AM) *

Please grouphug.gif

No prob., got it loaded up and will bring it. Will you have a jack and some tools?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Apr 27 2016, 07:56 AM) *

Please grouphug.gif

No prob., got it loaded up and will bring it. Will you have a jack and some tools?

Can I suggest bringing a set of jumper cables for the Ed test? May not be the starter at all. Clamp the cables from the battery directly to the starter and crank it. Could be a bad cable. Happened to me. I would have bet real money my new appearing cables were perfect.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 26 2016, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Apr 26 2016, 02:24 PM) *

What's your ETA at Jerome. Give a ballpark on time. I live in the area of Prescott. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

I expect we will get to Jerome around lunch time. IDK. Noon. One o'clock or so.
We will be parking in the big lot just up the hill from the Fire Station.

i'll met u there.
SLITS
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:58 AM) *

I have two jacks and tools ..............
cpavlenko
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 27 2016, 08:56 AM) *

Please grouphug.gif

You can use my garage to do the work if needed. I'm 23 miles north of Prescott. Got floor jack, and jack stands, and drive up ramps, and plenty of tools in my tool box. Your more than welcome to use. My phone 714-305-7480.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Apr 27 2016, 03:18 PM) *

You can use my garage to do the work if needed. I'm 23 miles north of Prescott. Got floor jack, and jack stands, and drive up ramps, and plenty of tools in my tool box. Your more than welcome to use. My phone 714-305-7480.

Nice offer! Warren is getting pretty good at replacing parts in a parking lot but I think he would consider a garage to be heaven. smilie_pokal.gif
cpavlenko
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 02:25 PM) *

Nice offer! Warren is getting pretty good at replacing parts in a parking lot but I think he would consider a garage to be heaven. smilie_pokal.gif

Let him know.
76-914
Sorry guys, there is an excellent chance that there will not be any decals this year. Jaime just texted back that he doesn't have them,yet! mad.gif I thought it would be a smooth transaction given a months lead time but evidently not. He says he may still find them by tonite but I'll be damned if I'm driving 2 hours to pick them up even if they are ready. If someone wants to volunteer to pick them up, given they appear dry.gif let me know. He is in the Upland area. Otherwise they're pretty much worthless after today. Kent
worn
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Apr 27 2016, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 02:25 PM) *

Let him know.

You guys are awesome. Ok, I figured it out. Classic hot start problem. Not quite enough juice to solenoid after it goes up to the dash and back. Starts just fine with a small jumper. Passes the Ed test! So all I really need is an automotive type relay- with spade connectors instead of my Porsche relays. And a couple hanks of wire. I am pretty sure I have the crimp on ends and some zip ties.

I made it to Las Vegas- New Mexico. Will look for a flaps here or in Albuquerque. Not Napa thanks anyway. I am gonna try to post some pics after a while tonight. Meanwhile
Click to view attachment
In the high desert south of the Colorado border.not really desert desert. Scruffy I will be but they let me into the motel here.
Chris914n6
^^ mail the decals to saturdays host hotel care of you or JP. 2 day priority envelope should suffice.
Larmo63
Maybe the decals are with the final cut of that cross country movie we all financed?

poke.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 27 2016, 05:13 PM) *

I made it to Las Vegas- New Mexico. Will look for a flaps here or in Albuquerque.

You should have no problem finding what you need. I am fan of the Ford solenoid but any relay will work that can carry the current.

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
We made it to Vegas, gonnz hook up with John Peterson in the morning then on to flagstaff.
jim_hoyland
Anyone coming to RTE 66 that has an extra tow hook they are willing to sell, I would like to buy......, smile.gif
Cuda911
Yowza, what a busy day getting ready!

1. Put on new wiper blades. Excellent suggestion from (I forgot who). Mine were crap.

2. Reinstalled the sun visor... just to hope....

3. Put in a new radio with blue tooth and microphone for the telephone.

4. Put in new speakers.

5. Washed and waxed the exterior, dusted the interior. Again... just to hope...

6. Touched up a few paint chips.

7. Lubed every latch and hinge I could find.

8. Fiddled with the %$#@ remote trunk release. It keeps sticking. Not sure if I have it fixed...

9. Installed a cell phone holder.

10. Filled up with gas.

11. Yesterday had all four wheels balanced.

12: A few days ago: oil/filter change, new fan belt, all CV joints cleaned of the old grease, then new grease.

I "think" I'm ready. Now just need to pack! smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:10 PM) *

Yowza, what a busy day getting ready!

1. Put on new wiper blades. Excellent suggestion from (I forgot who). Mine were crap.

2. Reinstalled the sun visor... just to hope....

3. Put in a new radio with blue tooth.

4. Put in new speakers.

5. Washed and waxed the exterior, dusted the interior. Again... just to hope...

6. Touched up a few paint chips.

7. Lubed every latch and hinge I could find.

8. Fiddled with the %$#@ remote trunk release. It keeps sticking. Not sure if I have it fixed...

I "think" I'm ready. Now just need to pack! smile.gif

The car looks terrific!
SLITS
FARK ...... put car on parking deck and due to the steepnees, ripped off my fuel pump ah la trip to Moab. Actually the clamp broke. Snap tied it up in place and hope it holds till I get to Kingman or Flagstaff to purchase a large hose clamp.

I'm ready to go (I guess).

NO SNOW TONIGHT ... NO SNOW TONIGHT .... NO SNOW TONIGHT ... where did I put that 5lbs of dung, bird feathers, etc,.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 27 2016, 08:30 PM) *

FARK ...... put car on parking deck and due to the steepnees, ripped off my fuel pump ah la trip to Moab.

Let's move the pump up front........
SLITS
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 27 2016, 08:30 PM) *

FARK ...... put car on parking deck and due to the steepnees, ripped off my fuel pump ah la trip to Moab.

Let's move the pump up front........

That has been the plan for ... uh ... several years. I'm lazy!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 27 2016, 12:02 AM) *

So, how many 914s do we have attending? Anyone keeping track?

I tried keeping track, but it is like playing with mercury.

My best guess ? idea.gif ? 17 teeners and 43 for the banquet.
Larmo63
Nigh-nigh…..

Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 27 2016, 04:24 PM) *

Maybe the decals are with the final cut of that cross country movie we all financed?

poke.gif

lol....NO!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Apr 26 2016, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Apr 26 2016, 04:22 PM) *

Is there a liquor store in Flagstaff?

I highly recommend McGaugh's on the corner of Butler and San Francisco. A great selection of premium beers (and owned by friends of mine). It's also just a couple of blocks from the new Dutch Bros. coffee for when you need some caffeine.

Hey Ernie,
We need a recommendation for a Take Out Pizza place on Friday night. confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 27 2016, 10:16 PM) *

Nigh-nigh…..

Click to view attachment

At 9:14 AM? confused24.gif biggrin.gif
KELTY360
sad.gif Looks like I'm going to be a no show. The usual unexpected obstacles to getting a fresh rebuild back on the road have delayed departure to the point there is no way I could get to Flagstaff or Prescott in time. Damn, I was really hoping to put a face to some 914 guys that I've gotten to know by reputation only. Well, I have met SLITS and Elliott...and if that's any indication, then I'm really sure I'm missing out.

John - I'd still like to get the t-shirt if you'll send it to me. Just let me know $$ and I'll send it to you.

Enjoy the drives, I'll be watching the Uploader.
jim_hoyland
Just pulled into the McDonalds at the 138 junction; raining up the Cajon pass.
KELTY360
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 28 2016, 06:38 AM) *

Great to see you getting the Goldfish out for a roadtrip Jim. Looks like you're forming nice tight droplets on your hood. biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 28 2016, 07:38 AM) *

Big Bumper Cars Rock! Save me a spot next to yours. We can start a BUB Paddock.

PS: I am backdating my bumpers this Summer. This will be the only event with BUBs.
MoveQik
Anybody that hasn't left yet have a spare one? Worth a shot....
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 28 2016, 10:45 AM) *

Does it need to be NOS? biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 28 2016, 10:54 AM) *

Wills,

I threw these in the car for you. You can decide if they are "Wills Worthy".

Cheers!

Click to view attachment
MoveQik
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 28 2016, 09:54 AM) *

Absolutely! You know my car....everything on it is factory correct! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.