Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2016 *Official Thread*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
rick 918-S
Couldn't go on the other side of the sign. the road was flooded.

Click to view attachment

This was the second time 7 of 9 was here. the first time she was a parts car on the trailer.
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 29 2016, 07:56 AM) *

How many of your cars have been photgraphed at that spot? I think you might even have on of the Raspberry car on the trailer?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 29 2016, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 29 2016, 07:56 AM) *

How many of your cars have been photgraphed at that spot? I think you might even have on of the Raspberry car on the trailer?

Yep. The raspberry car and the Alien too.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 29 2016, 07:44 PM) *

Yep. The raspberry car and the Alien too.

So cool!
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Here's Cool! Route 66 2015

Click to view attachment

Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 29 2016, 07:51 PM) *

Definitely cool. 7 of 9 was (is) a great car!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 29 2016, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 29 2016, 07:51 PM) *

Definitely cool. 7 of 9 was (is) a great car!

agree.gif Just have to talk Dennis into driving her out west.
AZ914
QUOTE(flmont @ Feb 25 2016, 09:06 PM) *

Wife has a Toyota Rave4,...But man...I just couldn't,..But...I could come up and party along with everyone,..Hmm,..what night is the biggest hangout..??

Just come on up and hang out! I've been to events without a 914, still lots of fun.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 1 2016, 03:39 PM) *

Wife has a Toyota Rave4,...But man...I just couldn't,..But...I could come up and party along with everyone,..Hmm,..what night is the biggest hangout..??

Just come on up and hang out! I've been to events without a 914, still lots of fun.

agree.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif

There is almost always a right seat available for the drive.
SKL1
Where is that spot in posts 301 and 303??
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Mar 1 2016, 05:34 PM) *

Where is that spot in posts 301 and 303??

Tucamcari NM. Largest town between Amarillo and Albuquerque. Many notable movie scenes were shot in and around the city. Some include Rawhide, For a Few Dollars More and Two Lane Blacktop.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 1 2016, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 1 2016, 03:39 PM) *

agree.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif

There is almost always a right seat available for the drive.

Yeah, like they said! I'm driving my Subaru down and will also be looking for a passengers seat but I've always found one before - come on down! Uh, UP!!
914_teener
Last year....lots of fun.

Didn't go on the drive due to a failing ignition switch.

Click to view attachment

914_teener
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Feb 29 2016, 03:23 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 26 2016, 08:13 AM) *

It's Rob

AND

It's a stock 73 Maybenarpything

You might want to consider changing it to Mike so that you fit in.

I always considered that owning a 914 made me a "misfit" laugh.gif

There are lots of Rob's but they are up North...don't know why.....probably a climate thing.

worn
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 25 2016, 09:54 PM) *

Driving there from SLC is kinda boring but only in spots. shades.gif

Kinda boring drive in Utah eh. I will be traveling through scenic Iowa, Nebraska, North Texas and maybe Oklahoma or Missouri. For more than a thousand miles it will not vary more than about 200 feet from 800 ft above sea level. I pity the fool who has to drive through Utah into Canyon Lands. poke.gif
Rick will be doing the same, but in far less time. laugh.gif Hope car and driver are up to it.
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 29 2016, 06:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

This was the second time 7 of 9 was here. the first time she was a parts car on the trailer.
Click to view attachment

Rick that is one good looking car.
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 2 2016, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 25 2016, 09:54 PM) *

Driving there from SLC is kinda boring but only in spots. shades.gif

Kinda boring drive in Utah eh. I will be traveling through scenic Iowa, Nebraska, North Texas and maybe Oklahoma or Missouri. For more than a thousand miles it will not vary more than about 200 feet from 800 ft above sea level. I pity the fool who has to drive through Utah into Canyon Lands. poke.gif
Rick will be doing the same, but in far less time. laugh.gif Hope car and driver are up to it.

I remember driving out to Utah from Maryland - we'd lash the wheel and sleep for a few hours driving through Nebraska.... kinda like my jr. high school girlfriend - straight and flat.
Cook yerself up a good road tunes mix and let er rip! aktion035.gif
Elliot Cannon
I just had the alignment done and wheels balanced yesterday. Oil change, clutch adjustment and general overall inspection coming soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone? Yup! biggrin.gif Crossing the Mojave desert? Not so much. dry.gif I hope to be in Laughlin Nev. on Wednesday to meet up for breakfast in Kingman Thursday morning. If I can get my old ass up in time. yellowsleep[1].gif laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 2 2016, 11:12 AM) *

I just had the alignment done and wheels balanced yesterday. Oil change, clutch adjustment and general overall inspection coming soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone? Yup! biggrin.gif Crossing the Mojave desert? Not so much. dry.gif I hope to be in Laughlin Nev. on Wednesday to meet up for breakfast in Kingman Thursday morning. If I can get my old ass up in time. yellowsleep[1].gif laugh.gif

Hey you old phart ..... Kingman is lunch at Mr. D's Put yer spectackles on and read the posts.
914_teener
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 2 2016, 12:49 PM) *

Hey you old phart ..... Kingman is lunch at Mr. D's Put yer spectackles on and read the posts.

poke.gif This is next week right? laugh.gif

......was that the RRC or R66? I don.t remember.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 2 2016, 06:27 PM) *

WCR?
mgp4591
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 2 2016, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 2 2016, 06:27 PM) *

WCR?

WCRRC66.... I think. blink.gif
76-914

He can read reading; he just can't read writing! wacko.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 2 2016, 05:27 PM) *

Trying to trick me huh? I'll see you all on Thursday the 21st. driving.gif
worn

I will probably change the oil and pack some spare parts and a jump pack. Maybe some blankets for the high desert of Kansas and beyond. I may leave on the Monday before. I figure my back is good for only about 5-600 miles in a day. So in a straight line open unregulated highway 500 miles is about 10 hrs for me. Plus any stops for gas and food. I notice they use these milk jugs on trailer park boys to save time. But i don't drink milk. beer3.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 3 2016, 10:53 AM) *

I'll be there! happy11.gif
76-914
Good news. I got in touch with Jamie (Oldschool) and he does make the multi-colored decals. I had tried to make some online then remembered El Viejo Escuela also has a printing business. piratenanner.gif Can't wait to see what he comes up with. biggrin.gif
euro911
I've been driving back and forth from AZ a lot recently and have a couple (or more) trips planned before this month ends ... hope I'm not burned-out from all of it driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 3 2016, 11:32 AM) *

... hope I'm not burned-out from all of it.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away."

Neil Young. Click to view attachment
SharonG
Reserved. beerchug.gif
kid914
For us not attending hissyfit.gif can we still purchase a shirt. first.gif
1 xl.

beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(kid914 @ Mar 6 2016, 10:55 AM) *

For us not attending hissyfit.gif can we still purchase a shirt. first.gif

No problem. The order deadline is April 1st.

The cost is $20 for the shirt plus $5 for postage.
I will send you a PM with payment details.

* If you do order a shirt, it is required that you post a photo wearing it on the Live Event Uploader thread.
Elliot Cannon
If you buy a shirt but do not attend the event, you are required to only wear the shirt inside out. happy11.gif poke.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 3 2016, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 2 2016, 05:27 PM) *

This topic came up Saturday when my wife took 3 of us to an "vintage event" in San Diego. Apparently she has the same calendar that you use and there were plenty of open parking spaces. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
StratPlayer
We have a new guest going to the rally. His name is Eugene Rice, PMB's lead man and owner of https://www.facebook.com/pages/Genes-Auto-H...338087299699936. He's a member here but never post. He will be a welcome addition to the group...So put his name on the list. He will be coming with his wife and headed south with the utah group.

His rooms are booked. Shirt size 2 XL
Kansas 914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 7 2016, 10:00 AM) *

We have a new guest going to the rally. His name is Eugene Rice, PMB's lead man and owern of https://www.facebook.com/pages/Genes-Auto-H...338087299699936. He's a member here but never post. He will be welcome addition to the group...So put his name on the list. He will be coming with his wife and headed south with the utah group.

His rooms are booked.

That is great news. I follow him on Facebook - he does amazing work!
76-914
icon_bump.gif So we are at 36 peeps?
StratPlayer
My count is 37
VegasRacer
'The List' on page 1 shows 33 confirmed plus 4 tentative.
If you add co-pilots, there will be 46 at the Awards Banquet on Saturday night.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 8 2016, 09:31 PM) *

'The List' on page 1 shows 33 confirmed plus 4 tentative.
If you add co-pilots, there will be 46 at the Awards Banquet on Saturday night.

That is so awesome - great event - thanks John!
Sleepin
Dammit. I really want to go!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Mar 9 2016, 02:38 AM) *

Just Do It!
StratPlayer
Is this the largest Rt. 66 rally?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 9 2016, 09:14 AM) *

It seems to be on paper but we'll see. I would love to see everyone show up. biggrin.gif I know I will make every effort to be there. driving.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 9 2016, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 9 2016, 09:14 AM) *

It seems to be on paper but we'll see. I would love to see everyone show up. biggrin.gif I know I will make every effort to be there. driving.gif

You should be good after they changed the batteries in your pacemaker. poke.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Mar 9 2016, 01:38 AM) *

Come to
Route 66

Come to
Route 66

*(subliminal post) ph34r.gif
Cuda911
How good is the tow truck coverage along the route?
SLITS
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 10 2016, 11:21 PM) *

Excellent ..... Juan Valdez & his donkey are readily available.
mgp4591
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 11 2016, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 10 2016, 11:21 PM) *

Excellent ..... Juan Valdez & his donkey are readily available.

So they deliver coffee on the road too? Nice to know when you break down... just no more radical turnarounds offroad okay Ron?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.