Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2016 *Official Thread*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
VegasRacer
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 31 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Will you be able to bring it to the Festivus of Speed?

Sorry, no. I will not have the shirts back from the printer in time for next weekend.
Steve
Bump
76-914
T-27 days and counting. piratenanner.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 1 2016, 09:30 AM) *

Yikes - I have got some detailing to do...

Lucky for me I don't have to waste time buying beer - thanks Wills! beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
KELTY360
OK, I've been asleep at the wheel. I've had rooms booked but need info on event registration...tried to find it but failed. Looks like I missed out on the shirt order...if there is any way to get in on it, I'd take a Large.

Still working on getting the rebuilt engine all hooked up but after seeing Rick's list it seems simple. Really looking forward to this.
Steve
Name . . . . Brewery - Canyon - Banquet - Shirt
Steve 1 1 1 One large shirt

I'm all booked. I will be driving my 914 unless it dies before this event.

Steve piratenanner.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 1 2016, 11:34 AM) *

OK, I've been asleep at the wheel. I've had rooms booked but need info on event registration...tried to find it but failed. Looks like I missed out on the shirt order...if there is any way to get in on it, I'd take a Large.

All you need to do to register is to post on this thread. (I tried to keep it simple.)
You are already on 'The List'. Check the 1st post and the rest of page 1 for other details.
I have you down for 1 Large shirt. (I got you too Steve.)
euro911
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 1 2016, 08:32 AM) *
If all goes as planned, all I'll have to do is wait to get picked up, occasionally buy some gas and beer, and just be a passenger during the event happy11.gif
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 1 2016, 08:44 PM) *

If all goes as planned, all I'll have to do is wait to get picked up, occasionally buy some gas and beer, and just be a passenger during the event happy11.gif

Damn; how'd ya swing that one? idea.gif
Steve
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 2 2016, 07:08 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 1 2016, 08:44 PM) *

Damn; how'd ya swing that one? idea.gif

That's gotta be the cheapest Porsche ride along mechanic out there.
blink.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 29 2016, 08:49 PM) *

Best 914 owned by a guy that brought beer for Mike Moorman to drink

I'm sure if I haven't bought a beer for Mike Moorman yet, I will by Rt66. I'm in the running for a major award!!! first.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Apr 2 2016, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 29 2016, 08:49 PM) *

Best 914 owned by a guy that brought beer for Mike Moorman to drink

I'm sure if I haven't bought a beer for Mike Moorman yet, I will by Rt66. I'm in the running for a major award!!! first.gif

I like they way you think! beerchug.gif
SharonG
It's the final countdown! aktion035.gif 23 days. beerchug.gif
RARE 6
Rooms reserved for this first-timer. Rates higher than posted at both locations even after mentioning the group. The two of us will see you there. Driving the -6 from Grand Junction on the 28th. Put us down as Jim and Bonnie. Green 914-6. In for all events.
euro911
Don't understand why they wouldn't be honoring the group discount rate. Did you ask for either a AAA or AARP discount (if applicable) ?
VegasRacer
There was never a 'group discount rate'. That was just the normal quoted price of the rooms at the time.
I sure wasn't going to give them my credit card number to hold a block of rooms. Not for this group.
I just picked places that were up to our high standards and had enough rooms available.
914_teener
Should have said you had a -4 av-943.gif
don-6
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 5 2016, 10:48 PM) *

There was never a 'group discount rate'. That was just the normal quoted price of the rooms at the time.
I sure wasn't going to give them my credit card number to hold a block of rooms. Not for this group.
I just picked places that were up to our high standards and had enough rooms available.

Our High Standards? drunk.gif barf.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif bootyshake.gif chair.gif driving-girl.gif headbang.gif aktion035.gif lol-2.gif sheeplove.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif stirthepot.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 5 2016, 09:48 PM) *

I just picked places that were up to our high standards.

Does that mean that most don't rent the rooms by the hour?
Steve
They also charged me more. The second hotel was out of rooms or maybe it was the first one said they were out of rooms. I told them I was with the Porsche club and they found me a room. The second hotel was out of cheap rooms, however they did take my AAA discount, so that helped a little bit. I will mention AAA discount when I check into the first hotel to see if they honor it. Every little bit helps. My wife is still trying to get the days off, but we will see.
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif So, why the hell is everyone buying beer for Mike Moorman? confused24.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 6 2016, 12:41 PM) *

WTF.gif So, why the hell is everyone buying beer for Mike Moorman? confused24.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif

He gets real thirsty...
914_teener
Ok I am definately in.

Need to get a room.

The car will not be ready.....just not gonna happen.

So I am either taking the z or riding with one of the SoCal crew.

Wife will be in St. Louis.
76-914
Bring the Z. It can be a parts hauler for broke down teeners or used for the 11:45pm last minute Beer Run. BTW, how many are driving water pumpers? I'm torn between towing and driving but figured I'd catch Hell from Ron if I towed. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Bring the Z. It can be a parts hauler for broke down teeners or used for the 11:45pm last minute Beer Run. BTW, how many are driving water pumpers? I'm torn between towing and driving but figured I'd catch Hell from Ron if I towed. biggrin.gif

The "Subie Curse" requires that you drive to the event but will be towed home from the event. happy11.gif poke.gif av-943.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(RARE 6 @ Apr 5 2016, 07:24 PM) *

Rooms reserved for this first-timer. Rates higher than posted at both locations even after mentioning the group. The two of us will see you there. Driving the -6 from Grand Junction on the 28th. Put us down as Jim and Bonnie. Green 914-6. In for all events.

You are in GJ as well? bye1.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 6 2016, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 6 2016, 12:41 PM) *

He gets real thirsty...

He is probably really a pink wine drinking pinky lifting pink car driving guy... smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 6 2016, 03:33 PM) *

The "Subie Curse" requires that you drive to the event but will be towed home from the event. happy11.gif poke.gif av-943.gif

Hmmm, possibly. But why then did you get the Subie curse placed upon you a couple years back? confused24.gif Maybe your a Closet Subie Conversion Case whose powerful lust for a Subie brought about this anomaly? av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Chris914n6
6 relays, 12 fuses, and 20 harness tie-ins later I have a working fuel pump again piratenanner.gif

What's left:
install heater
install gas tank
clutch cable
RUNNING! (fingers crossed)
finish gauge wiring and install dash
misc interior
tunes
bath
tool bag & spare
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2016, 04:07 PM) *

Hmmm, possibly. But why then did you get the Subie curse placed upon you a couple years back? confused24.gif Maybe your a Closet Subie Conversion Case whose powerful lust for a Subie brought about this anomaly? av-943.gif lol-2.gif

What I had wasn't the "subie curse". It was a bad valve guide. laugh.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2016, 04:07 PM) *

My Kent.....with prose like this you are MORE than even the best smelling "smell good" plumber.

So..do we have a new acronym here? CSCC?

I am awed. first.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Looking forward to seeing...and listening to all.
76-914
Me too. We're just getting primed! It's always a blast. Wait till Ron gets going! w00t1.gif new_shocked.gif head_hurts_kr.gif clap.gif busted_cop.gif busted.gif clap.gif hands.gif humpy.gif blush.gif elvira.gif gint2.gif And this in one night, no less.
SLITS

You can tow if you want to .............. sissy!

I won't get to wound up as my spring is old and might break.
RARE 6
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 6 2016, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(RARE 6 @ Apr 5 2016, 07:24 PM) *

You are in GJ as well? bye1.gif

Born and raised. Back since the mid-'80s.
76-914
Three weeks. Git a crackin if'n yer prone to procrastination. biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
The shirts have been ordered. burnout.gif
If you are not on 'The List', you are S.O.L.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
brant
Cool.

Crud I have a lot of hours to go yet.... And out of town for 3 days this weekend.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 7 2016, 10:09 PM) *

Cool.

Crud I have a lot of hours to go yet.... And out of town for 3 days this weekend.

Brant - I wish I was closer so I could help. Mine is done except for the polishing.
76-914
Jaime is making the decals. Hopefully, I can show one soon! And I like dem shirts.
brant
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 8 2016, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 7 2016, 10:09 PM) *

Cool.

Brant - I wish I was closer so I could help. Mine is done except for the polishing.

Mike, nice offer!
I'll be ok
its all good stuff getting in my way
in-laws about to visit, and weekend in peonia tomorrow...

but hey my weeknights are free and I've got time
plus Andy washed my car last april... so I at least won't have to do that....
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 8 2016, 08:58 AM) *

Mike, nice offer!
I'll be ok
its all good stuff getting in my way
in-laws about to visit, and weekend in peonia tomorrow...

but hey my weeknights are free and I've got time
plus Andy washed my car last april... so I at least won't have to do that....

Excellent - good luck.

21 days...
Chris914n6
Some days are easy. Some days it's a fight to the death. Heater finally in.

Next up... dash and related.

icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif
mgp4591
icon_bump.gif w00t.gif
falcor75
I hope us ROW'ers get to enjoy some nice videos of 914's in action from this event. drooley.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Apr 11 2016, 06:21 AM) *

I hope us ROW'ers get to enjoy some nice videos of 914's in action from this event. drooley.gif

Come on over and join the fun; there will be empty seats if you come.... smile.gif
DullWitch
I am, as we say over here, well jel...

I drove the Canyon/Flagstaff/Sedona route a couple of weeks back in a very ugly rental (on which I put 3000 miles in 3 weeks)
180 to Flagstaff was a lovely road with some great sweeping turns and dips
89A is slower but stunning scenery

Have a great one
worn
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 11 2016, 04:24 AM) *

icon_bump.gif w00t.gif

I am glassing my original limited edition air dam -again. Seems I always rip it out of the moorings at driveways. Should be done in time. Else I have the unpainted front valence taken from the '72. That will look great on a fake creamsicle dry.gif

I am so frightened and so stoked. The last vacation I had was to the Ockteener fest in '14. We had to do a few roll starts with a bum alternator / regulator. So relaxing it wasn't.

BTW. My wife is meeting me in Denver on the way back, so no dinner for her but I still want the extra shirt. I still can probably find my Dad's Golden Buzzard pass for the park, but he died last year. Me, I find am missing the age limit for a pass by just that much, so will have to pay to play. In college I wanted to be a NPS Ranger, so I don't mind. I just wish the hiking equipment - legs, back etc still worked.
StratPlayer
Getting my new dash installed tomorrow. Car is ready for the rally. piratenanner.gif
Chris914n6
ODB2 working. Just a few doohickeys left to wire up tonite and it's a happy camper. piratenanner.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.