Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: #40
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Lucky9146
Here is another pic without us, for those of you downloading pics from Luft.

Interesting that Pelican Parts posted like 150 pics and not one of #40 ! Shameful

Click to view attachment

wonkipop
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Oct 14 2022, 09:57 PM) *

Interesting that Pelican Parts posted like 150 pics and not one of #40 ! Shameful

Click to view attachment

they posted up one photo.
i had a look when i got their email the other day.

maybe they were intimidated? i dunno beerchug.gif

i guess to be fair to them, the 914 had all the hoo hah a couple of years ago turning 50.
i understand the theme of this year's event was carrera rs or something like that.
so maybe they were concentrating more on that? who can say.

all that matters is you guys are real lucky and should not forget that.
you would never ever see that many fantastic porsches assembled in one spot for your viewing pleasure down here in north antarctica.
and none of us 914 owners down here are going to stumble across #40 in a big display shed to drool over.

keep on enjoying what you got.
you lucky bastards. beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Oct 14 2022, 08:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jim> remember that our step-child Porsche 914s will always remain an Outlaw biggrin.gif
Fast forward to the LeMans Spectacular/ Laguna Seca Raceway which took place in August '22. We were working with our contact person (we've done lots of L/S biz) there for many months building up to this event. A space was reserved for #40 in the LM24 Heritage Tent. Then as @MATTYLITE was in touch with L/S just about 3 weeks to go, we were told that the big LeMans Heritage tent would in fact have -0- spot for the 914.
We were told that the sponsor (large auto Ins. Co.) decided to stage our car Outdoors in a dirt + gravel "LakeSide Extravaganza" area next to the water feature (aka Lake see the *dot*)...so we passed.
Lüft8 became the Public reveal for #40, and we respect their team on their choice. The LeMans #40 "Outlaw" never made it to L/S; Werkes Reunion would have been awesome...but too much work for a 1day show.
*Pic was taken by my racer bud Jim Torres (Wynns 962) that was there. He said good choice on a no/show, nothing there but crickets and dirt !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
N/O/S GT interior material, sourced from the Vaskek Polak race parts dept, 1990's.
Upholstery shop trip coming up !
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
PHOTO OF THE DAY MONTH

beerchug.gif first.gif

O

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 18 2022, 11:21 AM) *

PHOTO OF THE DAY MONTH

beerchug.gif first.gif

O

Click to view attachment

Nice filter Oscar...I like your style !
number40_914.jpg
BillJ
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 18 2022, 01:34 PM) *

N/O/S GT interior material, sourced from the Vaskek Polak race parts dept, 1990's.
Upholstery shop trip coming up !
Click to view attachment

That us an amazing get. The rest of us schlubs are cutting custom with similar stuff but there is no replacement for the real thing.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ Oct 11 2022, 09:39 PM) *

For #40, which is a super car.
Has anyone ever listed the unique features and parts of this car in a single list?

AJ Serrano has spent a lot of time documenting a number of GT cars. Here's his pages on the Sonauto #40:

https://pbase.com/9146gt/9146gt_factory_rac...31020_sonauto40

--DD
mate914
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Oct 14 2022, 11:45 PM) *

Great seeing Marty again and witness the very first public showing I believe of #40 at Luft 8 since he acquired it!

What a cool car! Why I didn't take interior pics, I just don't know confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

@Marty , Does your shirt have a Pennsylvania emblem on it?

Matt
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mate914 @ Oct 22 2022, 09:04 AM) *

Great seeing Marty again and witness the very first public showing I believe of #40 at Luft 8 since he acquired it!

What a cool car! Why I didn't take interior pics, I just don't know confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Matt

YES, it does !
The shirt is from the Northeast Gathering of 2021 organised by Len, Linda, Bob,
Dave and others.
Big Thanks to all of them for organising it and to Marty for wearing the shirt on
such an important Porsche occassion !!!!
Thanks Marty
PS....one day I'll get to a west coast event.....my last one was the Parade in
Seattle/Tacoma.....about a hundred years ago.
Rory
Oh ! Nice job on #40 Marty, Beautiful !
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(mate914 @ Oct 22 2022, 06:04 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Matt

Yessir Matt, whenever I'm attending a Porsche themed car show I wear one of the Tees from a 914World event gathering. Usually strikes up a convo about the 914 gathering, National location and how the 914s in general are a hot topic driving.gif
We provide raffle prizes to most of the annual gatherings, and most of these organizers will gift us with a couple of the event Tees...and we actually wear them and promote the 914World get-togethers.
Maltese Falcon
@rgalla9146 Represent ! with my restoration right hand man @MATTYLITE thank you Rory G.

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 22 2022, 02:56 AM) *

QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ Oct 11 2022, 09:39 PM) *

For #40, which is a super car.
Has anyone ever listed the unique features and parts of this car in a single list?

AJ Serrano has spent a lot of time documenting a number of GT cars. Here's his pages on the Sonauto #40:

https://pbase.com/9146gt/9146gt_factory_rac...31020_sonauto40

--DD

Great link Dave.
KELTY360
HDNet Movies is showing LeMans beginning soon.
KSCarrera
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Not sure if these have been posted before... Photos by Fred Hampton
Dion
@Maltese Falcon , Marty , just curious. Did this car run with a plexiglass rear and side windows during the LeMans race?

Cheers, Dion
rgalla9146
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Dec 4 2022, 04:03 AM) *

No cover for the oil cooler plumbing !
That must have been very toasty.
Could they have run it without it ?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dion @ Jan 27 2023, 11:06 AM) *

@Maltese Falcon , Marty , just curious. Did this car run with a plexiglass rear and side windows during the LeMans race?

Cheers, Dion

AFAIK the rear has always been plexi, and door windows always glass + factory roll-up style
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 27 2023, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Dec 4 2022, 04:03 AM) *

No cover for the oil cooler plumbing !
That must have been very toasty.
Could they have run it without it ?

I shall check (over this weekend) for any traces of sheet metal screws that might have once been there.
Never thought about those lines being covered by a metal plate; if so Claude & Guy had a toasty left-foot- warmer on that cold & rainy weekend biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Those are after Leman, Pictures.. maybe even movie extra 914,, white painted oil lnes ??
black paint guard's....

wonkipop
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 27 2023, 09:10 PM) *

Those are after Leman, Pictures.. maybe even movie extra 914,, white painted oil lnes ??
black paint guard's....

it looks like the photos are at wolfram's house back in the 80s?
if you go back to page 4 of this thread there is a photo there.
he was the guy who first restored it back then?
its probably still incomplete as a restoration when photos shot.

EDIT go to page 8.
there are more photos posted from wolfram.
just after he got hold of it back then.
had been used as a road car.
has the black rear fender stone guards on it.

those black and white shots are definitely from the 80s.
Maltese Falcon
...2 brass oil lines tucked tightly at the floorboard, covered by a small piece of black felt material. No traces of any sheet-metal screw holes for a cover plate @rgalla9146
Dion
Thanks Marty! Love learning about this 914. beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dion @ Jan 28 2023, 02:58 PM) *

Thanks Marty! Love learning about this 914. beerchug.gif

smile.gif number40_914.jpg
Maltese Falcon
Making the drivers seat a bit more adjustable, modification to the rail for us short guys !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Adjusts closer to the steering & pedals, very smooth actuation into the detents.
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
All back in place, now moving on to our transport trailer maintenance; because we were just notified by the Rennsport Reunion 7 Comittee that #40 has been selected to be in the main tent exhibit. See y'all in Monterey aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Congratulations Marty!!!! beerchug.gif
gms
I knew they would come to their senses
Congratulations!!!
infraredcalvin
Look forward to seeing it in person!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jul 29 2023, 03:21 PM) *

#40 has been selected to be in the main tent exhibit.

piratenanner.gif first.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif number40_914.jpg boldblue.gif clap56.gif rocking nana.gif dancinnanner.gif
burton73
Yes my brother

Congratulations

Bob B
tygaboy
How could they not? Big congrats, Marty! Well earned, well deserved. smilie_pokal.gif
And I'll finally get to meet you in person - I'm working the 000 booth all weekend so if I miss you near #40, swing by and say hi?
Shivers
Congratulations Marty!
Maltese Falcon
Thank you all for the kind gestures, we should have a 914World meet-up Friday or Saturday late afternoon and share a Toast at the Raceway ! beerchug.gif
BillJ
Yes definitely!!!
Montreal914
Congratulations! Looking forward to saying Hi and look at the car!! smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
Good to see many of our 914World friends at RR7 and will be posting pics in here...stay tuned smile.gif
Click to view attachment
number40_914.jpg
930cabman
Always enjoy any press regarding this famous specimen

keep it coming
Maltese Falcon
Corkscrew/ Weathertech Laguna Seca exhibition laps
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Grippy !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
The Rennsport Reunion 7 had approx 9 hours coverage on Motor Trend TV, I caught a little bit of this on Saturday's "Icons of Porsche" exhibition laps. Narrator says "And that's terribly authentic with the French license plates" biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Day before the opening day of RR7 was the photo staging of "Family of Porsche Icons". Don't know the reason that #40 was center > but cool !
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Wow Marty!! aktion035.gif driving.gif
Maltese Falcon
356 9146
Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 18 2023, 08:41 PM) *

Day before the opening day of RR7 was the photo staging of "Family of Porsche Icons". Don't know the reason that #40 was center > but cool !
Click to view attachment

Marty,

This is more than COOL my brother. Totally over the top. Someone needs to make posters for our caves!

Best Bob B
Shivers
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 19 2023, 07:57 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Marty,

This is more than COOL my brother. Totally over the top. Someone needs to make posters for our caves!

Best Bob B

And it makes a great wallpaper for my phone. biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Shivers @ Oct 19 2023, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 19 2023, 07:57 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Marty,

Best Bob B

And it makes a great wallpaper for my phone. biggrin.gif

Will this be a poster some day? first.gif
rhodyguy
Will you please post closeups of the roof beacon light? Thx.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.