Full Version: #40
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
930cabman
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 19 2023, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Shivers @ Oct 19 2023, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 19 2023, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 18 2023, 08:41 PM) *

Day before the opening day of RR7 was the photo staging of "Family of Porsche Icons". Don't know the reason that #40 was center > but cool !
Click to view attachment

Marty,

This is more than COOL my brother. Totally over the top. Someone needs to make posters for our caves!

Best Bob B

And it makes a great wallpaper for my phone. biggrin.gif

Will this be a poster some day? first.gif

What a great steward for this ICON, thanks for taking such good care of her

Count me in for sure, I am sure someone can do it in poster form.

After we patch our rusted hulks together with a wing and a prayer.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 19 2023, 11:38 AM) *

Thank you John for these pics, that day was a Rush & Tarpy's was an awesome get together with Alex Wong's Family birthday.gif
Marty
Maltese Falcon
LM24 P1 winners in their Class, 1970 #40 and 1951 #46
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Front straight at Weathertech Laguna Seca, actually got a bit of wet weather over Friday night into Saturday morning driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 20 2023, 02:42 AM) *

Front straight at Weathertech Laguna Seca, actually got a bit of wet weather over Friday night into Saturday morning driving.gif
Click to view attachment

As I remember your car liked the rain. Unlike a lot of other cars at Le Mans in 1970.

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
@Shivers we ran the track with period correct Dunlops (treaded) not slicks, as our exhibit class was non-competitive/ exhibit only. The car stuck just as well dry or moist tarmac, and front straight was always w-o-t 2nd 3rd + 4th driving.gif
Shivers
What a great day Marty. smile.gif @Maltese Falcon
Maltese Falcon
RR7 provided signage in the exhibition tent
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
This was on backside of the #40 Poster stand
Blue IROC is Hulme's car, our neighbor in the exhibit
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Cruising over to the staging area in the pits
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
For every #40 photo I see, cannot help but wonder about the seats. I forgot to look when I was at RR7. There is so much headroom, are they tight to the pan? Maybe Sonauto designed it that way for helmet clearance?
Maltese Falcon
In good company !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Surrounded by Porsche Family
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Claude did pilot all sorts of Porsches
Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 20 2023, 11:57 AM) *

For every #40 photo I see, cannot help but wonder about the seats. I forgot to look when I was at RR7. There is so much headroom, are they tight to the pan? Maybe Sonauto designed it that way for helmet clearance?

Agreed, what I also have wondered was the ride height? seems like alot of ground clearance especially when near a 917. Who am I to wonder, the proof is in the history books
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 19 2023, 12:23 PM) *

Will you please post closeups of the roof beacon light? Thx.

Have you checked out AJ Serrano's 914-6GT resource pages? One of them is this one: https://pbase.com/9146gt/factory_original_9...s_marker_lights

There's also this page: https://pbase.com/9146gt/9146gt_factory_rac...31020_sonauto40

Included there, under "Jon Lowe's photos", is this image--https://pbase.com/9146gt/image/25650223

--DD
live free & drive
I saw this Lemans diorama on line:

Click to view attachment

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 19 2023, 12:23 PM) *

Will you please post closeups of the roof beacon light? Thx.

Roof light
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Roof light
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
maybe someone has asked already but what are you running for wheels and tires? Any spacers? Another question: Any details of the front trunk with the gas tank?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 21 2023, 10:56 AM) *

maybe someone has asked already but what are you running for wheels and tires? Any spacers? Another question: Any details of the front trunk with the gas tank?

Rick,
Fuchs are 7x15 Fr/ 8x15 Rr , no spacers front or rear.
Rear rotors are actual M471 gt spec which are mfg with a taller "Hat" which puts the wheel outboard approx 1".
100 litre fuel tank* is also a spec M471 gt OE mfg unit. The common frunk bulkhead is removed so the tank will fit, then a square steel strut is put back in its place in order keep the unibody rigid.
*I think that MittleMotor (Germany) might be offering newly mfg tanks*

Marty
rick 918-S
I was kind of thinking since the bulk head on my 6 is removed anyway... I have a set of flares... I have a set of wheels... idea.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 21 2023, 02:30 PM) *

I was kind of thinking since the bulk head on my 6 is removed anyway... I have a set of flares... I have a set of wheels... idea.gif

Check the price on the MittleMotor tank blink.gif
You will be way ahead with a FuelSafe 914 tank, it has a bladder (for impact safety) and built in pump; you're ALL in for less than $2k !
There's a pic of this tank over in our 9148gtt build thread.
Marty
rick 918-S
[quote name='Maltese Falcon' date='Oct 21 2023, 07:48 PM' post='3109137']
[quote name='rick 918-S' post='3109118' date='Oct 21 2023, 02:30 PM']
[/quote]

Check the price on the MittleMotor tank blink.gif
You will be way ahead with a FuelSafe 914 tank, it has a bladder (for impact safety) and built in pump; you're ALL in for less than $2k !
There's a pic of this tank over in our 9148gtt build thread.
Marty

Thanks Marty! I will check it out.
VegasRacer
Manny Alban approved. crest.gif thumb3d.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 25 2023, 05:08 PM) *

Manny Alban approved. crest.gif thumb3d.gif Click to view attachment

Lots of people at RR7 that I missed meeting up with, thx for the pic John !
Maltese Falcon
@MATTYLITE headed out for his exhibition stint driving.gif smile.gif
Click to view attachment
930cabman
Nice bit of positive press in this months Pano, Rennsport

Not all Pano stuff is junk, but most of it

happy11.gif
Maltese Falcon
RR7 pic by Rami Garcia
#40 & #46 cruising into the concours exhibit area Laguna Seca
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
RR7 pic by Dennis Grey
Our good friend Jim Torres in his (ex-Hotchkis) Wynns 962...it's an awesome ride !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
RR7 pic by Kristina Cilia
#40 staging at the trackside concours Saturday evening. There was a bit of rain overnight and early morning; made for some interesting parade laps for all !
Click to view attachment
Dominic
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 22 2023, 07:35 PM) *

#40 staging at the trackside concours Saturday evening. There was a bit of rain overnight and early morning; made for some interesting parade laps for all !
Click to view attachment

Marty,
Thanks for giving my wife photo credit biggrin.gif Hope you liked the pics she took of your car in Panorama. You didn't hear this from me, but you might be pleasantly surprised when you see the official RennSport 7 photo book (hopefully for sale in early 2024)

Merry Christmas,
Dominic, Kristina and Family

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dominic @ Dec 23 2023, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 22 2023, 07:35 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Marty,
Thanks for giving my wife photo credit biggrin.gif Hope you liked the pics she took of your car in Panorama. You didn't hear this from me, but you might be pleasantly surprised when you see the official RennSport 7 photo book (hopefully for sale in early 2024)

Merry Christmas,
Dominic, Kristina and Family

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas/ Happy New Year Dominic + Kristina and kids !
We enjoyed the professionalism + creative pics that Kristina snapped of #40. Matthew was grilled with all sorts of questions, as I was opening up doors, trunks and engine lids; all while getting our rig and trailer staged to get loaded and home before Monday's L A. Sunrise. It all worked out, and we will def be on the lookout for the RR7 book !
Marty
campbellcj
A couple of B&W film shots (TX400) from the tent display at RR7 on a rainy grey Saturday AM -

IPB Image

IPB Image
FlacaProductions
I want to see that shot by Kristina Cilia in all of it's full-res glory!
Maltese Falcon
@campbellcj Looking tight !ยก B+W has that crisp period-correct look as well.
It actually rained a lot at the 1970 LM24. Enjoy the Holidays Chris smile.gif
VegasRacer
Porsche 'PANORAMA', Issue #801, December 2023, page 68.
Maltese Falcon
Finally getting around to prepping & replacing the roof livery "Sonauto". The decades-old orig is headed for Wall Art . This week Goo-Gone and a plastic scraper (old credit card) are our friends !
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 24 2024, 12:12 AM) *

Finally getting around to prepping & replacing the roof livery "Sonauto". The decades-old orig is headed for Wall Art . This week Goo-Gone and a plastic scraper (old credit card) are our friends !
Click to view attachment

looking good!! hopefully i will see this car in person someday, need a good work excuse
to go west and write off the trip!
Maltese Falcon
@DRPHIL smile.gif !
Maltese Falcon
This is why !
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Marty, I found some pictures! Great to see you at RR7
driving.gif white914.jpg

RR7 number40_914.jpg
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
RR7 Marty
Car looked amazing!
number40_914.jpg

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
@Lucky9146 Jim, it was great to meet up with you two over at the track & your pics are cool biggrin.gif
Dion
Car is looking fantastic Marty, it was meant for you as custodian! driving.gif
Maltese Falcon
RR7 met up with Eric @AZBanks & his Sons in the Tent, and shared some stories. Seems like RR6 in 2018 was just yesterday !
Click to view attachment
AZBanks
It is always great to see you and Matty.
We are already looking forward to RSR8.
Maltese Falcon
A little look see and maintainence Post-RR7
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Framed up another LM24 hour poster "Titans" from the 1970 event; this is a collage of Michael Keyser's pics, most taken from his live reels.
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Fresh off the printing press (www.autograph.net), the 1st edition of "Rennsport Monterey 2023", and we were very surprised that the cover pic was our #40 Sonauto. Of the hundreds of photographers covering the 4 day event, Kristina Cilia took this pic which was chosen by the editors for the cover. During the event we did have a meet & greet with the Cilia Family, @Dominic is a member here on World !
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.