Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: #40
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
MATTYLITE
It is with great excitement to announce that #40 has found new ownership with us, in the Schneider Family. Michael & Renee Hagen, two of the most amazing individuals I have gotten to know so well, have entrusted #40's ownership to us going forward, and we couldn't be more thrilled. With such history, we are honored to oversee this vehicle in to its next chapter of life within our possession.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Cheers,
Matthew

PS: With respect to both parties, the purchase price will not be disclosed.
PlaysWithCars
Awesome bucket list item. To not only have the car that was on the poster, but to have THE car that was on the poster. Congratulations! And it sounds like you appreciate the car as more than just an investment.
pete000
I remember seeing that famous 914 at the Dunkle Bros show back around 2003 or 4.

I didn't even know the significance of it back then !
sixnotfour
I do know it wasn't..... 1 million dollars.... pray.gif beerchug.gif

SirAndy
piratenanner.gif
914Greg
Nice smile.gif
jagalyn
Wow!!! Congratulations.
914-300Hemi
Congrats.
carr914
Very Nice!
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif very cool!
JeffBowlsby
WOW! It could not be in better stewardship.
ValcoOscar
biggrin.gif clap56.gif mueba.gif dance.gif rocking nana.gif party.gif girlboing.gif monkeydance.gif piratenanner.gif
sbsix
Well done. The iconic 914-6. I still keep the framed poster in my house.
Cairo94507
Congratulations! beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
BENBRO02
Congratulations! Please take it to shows so others can see it and learn its story. Also drive it and enjoy. I'd love to see it on the track at Goodwood. beerchug.gif
Mueller
Congratulations, it is going to a good home for sure.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
my sincerest congratulations, I remember when Cary first got it for the Hagens. Great car. Some of our French 914 enthusiasts have made a clone of it, had it on display in paris last february. Says a lot about the rich history of the marque

QUOTE(MATTYLITE @ Feb 7 2020, 10:50 PM) *

It is with great excitement to announce that #40 has found new ownership with us, in the Schneider Family. Michael & Renee Hagen, two of the most amazing individuals I have gotten to know so well, have entrusted #40's ownership to us going forward, and we couldn't be more thrilled. With such history, we are honored to oversee this vehicle in to its next chapter of life within our possession.

Cheers,
Matthew

PS: With respect to both parties, the purchase price will not be disclosed.
jim_hoyland
Nice ! Even has French tail lights.....
burton73
WOW . way to go.

Enjoy in good health!!!!

Bob B
buck toenges
Could you give us the history of the car? Obviously it was a winner but I don't know much about the car.
JKW
Congratulations!
914forme
Saw this on Instagram, and just want to say, glad you added it here. Love the car, love the fact it is going to a good home and will be loved.

confused24.gif No room for the 924 GT laugh.gif

No you should be proud, glad it is yours enjoy it.
KELTY360
WooHoo!! first.gif
horizontally-opposed
Really nice to see this car go to a family that has done so much to support 914 enthusiasts for so long, being 914 enthusiasts themselves.

Congrats, you two!

beerchug.gif
Steve
Congratulations!! WOW!! The holy grail of 914's!! Are you going to set it up in your shop for us to visit?
FlacaProductions
Wow - that shot of the poster laying on the frunk? hell yeah.
rgalla9146
Holy shit !
sb914
Marty ... looks likes it time for a parking lot party!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 8 2020, 02:16 PM) *

Marty ... looks likes it time for a parking lot party!

Absolutely...only need to find a bigger Lot aktion035.gif
Montreal914
Congratulations on your new acquisition! cheer.gif

Hoping to see it at an upcoming event! smilie_pokal.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 8 2020, 12:15 PM) *

Really nice to see this car go to a family that has done so much to support 914 enthusiasts for so long, being 914 enthusiasts themselves.

Congrats, you two!

beerchug.gif

Thx Pete, I guess you can say that this is our 3rd Father + Son 914 project here on the World biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 8 2020, 08:58 AM) *

Saw this on Instagram, and just want to say, glad you added it here. Love the car, love the fact it is going to a good home and will be loved.

confused24.gif No room for the 924 GT laugh.gif

No you should be proud, glad it is yours enjoy it.

Here are the specs on BFG Radials #86/ 924gtr. This is also allowed to run in FIA events today, just as the #40 !

Click to view attachment

Hey Stephen...what is your iG @name, I'll check it out smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 7 2020, 11:15 PM) *

I do know it wasn't..... 1 million dollars.... pray.gif beerchug.gif

You almost guessed us as the new owners of #40 last week with the GT fuel tank thread , all in fun. Never take the victory lap until the goods are in hand, right ¿¡

Just a shout out to all lovers of Porsche 914 Renn history, when #40 comes back from a light restoration she will live in SoCal . We will have it avail for a look see , at certain functions, tracks , Rennsoprt.

Today...still pinching ourselves that we are the caretakers of #40 , and are humbled with your enthusiasm by all of you here on 914World.
Thank you to you all !

Dion
This is fantastic! Congrats!
What’s cool is I’m browsing 914 world and
LeMans is being shown on one of our Verizon channels tonite.
Way to go fellas.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dion @ Feb 8 2020, 07:20 PM) *

Way to go fellas.

Good freeze frame " FERDinand Vs Ferrari " smile.gif
ClayPerrine
Congrats!

Glad it is going to a good home.

P.S. Betty said "I just want to touch it!" biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 8 2020, 06:28 AM) *

Congratulations! beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif

Thank you Michael...pls check your PM driving.gif
mark04usa
QUOTE(Dion @ Feb 8 2020, 09:20 PM) *

Way to go fellas.

I watsched "Le Mans" tonight and saw #40 in several scenes...from starting line up and all through the film. Great to see this historic car in action back in 1970 and now still in good care. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I am so glad this historic Six will be living in Southern California so we can see it at local events. Looking forward to seeing it soon I hope. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Wow!, I missed this thread. Congrats!
Root_Werks
Nice find, congrats!
krazykonrad
That is really cool. What's the post-Lemans history of the car?

beerchug.gif

Konrad
914werke
pray.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Feb 18 2020, 08:26 AM) *

That is really cool. What's the post-Lemans history of the car?

beerchug.gif

Konrad

AFAIK...the #40 has remained in private ownership through the decades following its 1970 (2L gt) class P1 at the 24hr. Even included some daily driving duties while back in the Paris /Sonauto dealership driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Then on to a private museum in Germany. Finally making it's way here to the States in the late '80s (I'm told), then into our caretaking in 2020.

eric9144
This is awesome aktion035.gif
It's so much more incredible knowing that this car is in the hands of a true 914 enthusiast who will use, enjoy and share the awesomeness of this car with the community! Congratulations!!!
party.gif
racer914
aktion035.gif
That's pretty cool! Congrats
mxkinn01
Fantastic!
One of the first things I hung in the garage. Click to view attachment
jkb944t
Wow! That is so cool!!! piratenanner.gif

I too have the framed poster in the hallway of my house!

Jeff B
pete000
But what about that Blue Gremlin on the left !!!! aktion035.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 19 2020, 10:59 AM) *

But what about that Blue Gremlin on the left !!!! aktion035.gif

It's a legit 4 speed with a 304, but becoming a 401-XR spec v8 tribute driving.gif
Only 21 or 22 XR originals built...so very rare + the tribute will be fun enough
Mike's ride !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.