Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 5 2011, 06:04 AM) *

Plenty of hearses here. I can pick one up for you if you want.

Please post some pix!!!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 5 2011, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 5 2011, 06:04 AM) *

Please post some pix!!!

Click to view attachment
trojanhorsepower
I got my blue one today piratenanner.gif

Anybody know if the orange ones are out in the US?
underthetire
I just ordered my Lindsay edition today.
underthetire
I just ordered my Lindsay edition today.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 5 2011, 09:04 AM) *

Thanks for the offer but I've now been finding them ALL OVER! As it turns out the 914 is the rarest of the first batch of 2011 Lesney's

They release 3 new Lesney's at a time in boxes of 8; 1 of which is always rarer in this case 3 Jeep's; 3 Hearse's; and only 2 914's in every box! Needless to say I am now up to 5 red Lesney 914s! Get them while you can folks.

I am also now the proud (although perhaps slightly reluctant) owner of one blue Matchbox 914 for under $50! 1 of 450! biggrin.gif
porsche_dreamer
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Jan 16 2011, 11:10 AM) *

Thanks for the offer but I've now been finding them ALL OVER! As it turns out the 914 is the rarest of the first batch of 2011 Lesney's

They release 3 new Lesney's at a time in boxes of 8; 1 of which is always rarer in this case 3 Jeep's; 3 Hearse's; and only 2 914's in every box! Needless to say I am now up to 5 red Lesney 914s! Get them while you can folks.

I am also now the proud (although perhaps slightly reluctant) owner of one blue Matchbox 914 for under $50! 1 of 450! biggrin.gif

What store are you finding the lesneys?
porsche_dreamer

What store are you finding the lesneys? The only place I am finding them is wal-mart and toys-r-us, but all they have are the silver jags and the lotus.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(porsche_dreamer @ Jan 16 2011, 12:20 PM) *

What store are you finding the lesneys? The only place I am finding them is wal-mart and toys-r-us, but all they have are the silver jags and the lotus.

Locally only Wal-Mart has the new shipment in yet; $1.00 more a car than the other stores but far cheaper than eBay + shipping. EVERYONE has the Lotus Europa left around; (seems as though most Americans have no idea what a Europa is!) So to answer your question, Wal-Mart; and only in the past week. I have cleared out a few of them. smile.gif and clearly another teener fan had been through another.

Oh and FYI the only large national stores that carry Lesney Editions are Wal-Mart, Toys 'R Us, and K-Mart if you hadn't read that previously.
Dr Evil
Well, it has been a productive couple of months since I started collecting. I picked up some display cases at Ikea for $60 ea.

Dr Evil
My new 914 collection
Click to view attachment

My bus collection
Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
Bus straggler yet to be placed
Click to view attachment

Some awesome VWs
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Shit load of bugs
Click to view attachment

Nice 356 I found at Walgreens
Click to view attachment
jt914-6
Was looking for the Lesney red 914 in Wally World and saw a collector pack with the yellow 914 in it.....not uncommon....but, what was is the 914 was facing to the right....all others I've seen face the left....so....I got it....not that facing the wrong way makes it more valuable....just different.... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Matchbox always face left and Hotwheels always face right. Unless someone when packaging makes a mistake or someone replaced the car at some point.
Scott S
You guys who have modified these - how do you change out the wheels? Do you have to drill out the pressed in fittings that join the body to the floor/seat section?
carr914
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Feb 3 2011, 03:31 PM) *

You guys who have modified these - how do you change out the wheels? Do you have to drill out the pressed in fittings that join the body to the floor/seat section?

1st, you need to buy another Matchbox "Donor" car to get you wheels/axles

2nd, Drill out the Metal Fittings like you would a rivet

3rd, take the sections apart, pry open the plastic ramps without breaking them, pull out the existing axles. Then put the new axles /wheels in the slots, bend the ramps back over. Put the car back together and use J-B Weld / Superglue to hold it all together
flipb
Posed a feasible scene...

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
Any news of the orange ones hitting the North American market yet? I saw the link of them in Australia but have never seen one for sale....somebody in Australia here can help us get some. I would love to have 2 of the orange ones plus that cool rare blue one to complete my collection. I also have some stuff I can trade (hint!hint!)
Gustl
I saw one for sale on eBay, located in Australia
and a 1st one of the European version (smaller paper back) in GB

but currently the prices are too high wacko.gif
Cupomeat
I just ordered a Lesney 914-6 (red) from the following e-store for $3.99 plus shipping. aktion035.gif

www.shop.cdctoyz.com

I'll let you know when I get it.

I looked in the times square Toys R'Us last week and besides LOTs of Lesney Europas, no 914s. They did have the multi pack with the light green one (about 6 of them if anyone wants me to get them one).

I am looking forward to the orange ones as everyone knows that Orange is the fastest color...

happy11.gif

Cupomeat
I did score a pair of blue GT3 RSs the other day at WalMart.

Never found a 914 there, but these made up for it.

I wonder what percentage of the Matchbox 914 models will be bought by 914 world/club members? I bet 10%.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Feb 14 2011, 11:14 AM) *

I just ordered a Lesney 914-6 (red) from the following e-store for $3.99 plus shipping. aktion035.gif

www.shop.cdctoyz.com

I looked in the times square Toys R'Us last week and besides LOTs of Lesney Europas, no 914s. They did have the multi pack with the light green one (about 6 of them if anyone wants me to get them one).

I am looking forward to the orange ones as everyone knows that Orange is the fastest color...

happy11.gif

cd was out of them sad.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 14 2011, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Feb 14 2011, 11:14 AM) *

www.shop.cdctoyz.com

happy11.gif

cd was out of them sad.gif

Sorry for the bum lead. sad.gif I got 3 from them, supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow.
tod914
Mike if your heading out to Hershey, I'll ask Ray if he's willing to transport the bus and a couple other ones out, I have for you. Let me know, and I'll give him a care package. Aight.
Dr Evil
I plan to be at Hershey.
rick 918-S
biggrin.gif Anyone get one of these yet? biggrin.gif Crappy photo but their signal with the Porsche side stripe. I found them at the local grocery store in an orange free standing card display.
Dr Evil
OH SHIT! Great, I was just getting bored rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 20 2011, 10:40 PM) *

OH SHIT! Great, I was just getting bored rolleyes.gif

Ya the hunt is on! aktion035.gif
Andyrew
ORANGE!!!!! F Yes!!!! Im going to hit all the stores tomorrow, no matter what my GF says..

YES!!

Does anyone think that matchbox is looking at how much the 914 is selling across the states and notices there is a market for them that buys ALL of the available cars? What color number is this 4 or 5?
zymurgist
Seen them on eBay but not in any stores yet. Just picked up 5 Lesney edition red cars last weekend... I'm finding the red ones now, so they must be played out. wink.gif
tod914
Just picked up an E-Type Jag from the Matchbox Lesney Editions. No 914's have hit the stores here yet. Swamped with Lotus' though. @ Mike, I'll drop some off to Ray next time I see him, for special delivery.
type47
While I was out, I looked for some Lesney edition 914's at Fair Lakes. I saw this Ravenna 914 which I thought odd as I hadn't seen ANY Ravenna's for about 6 mo, only Dark Green. idea.gif
Click to view attachment
I passed on 3 Dark Green ones at TRU. I've seen alot of GT3's, couple of buses, mustard 914's in Bonus Pack (skipped those too), Europa's, did buy a Lesney Europa...
jt914-6
Scored three Lesney 914's today at Wally-World....They are finally getting here down south.... piratenanner.gif
racerbvd
Stopped by the local Target and still no 914s mad.gif but they did have the Lotus..
mskala
On America's Funniest Home Videos sunday (02/20/11)
at about 40 minutes in, there is a clip where a kid pulls
the 914 matchbox car out of his christmas stocking.

(At the same time as he sneezes a giant other green
thing) biggrin.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 22 2011, 12:52 PM) *

While I was out, I looked for some Lesney edition 914's at Fair Lakes. I saw this Ravenna 914 which I thought odd as I hadn't seen ANY Ravenna's for about 6 mo, only Dark Green. idea.gif
Click to view attachment
I passed on 3 Dark Green ones at TRU. I've seen alot of GT3's, couple of buses, mustard 914's in Bonus Pack (skipped those too), Europa's, did buy a Lesney Europa...

What's up with the package???? Says on the side that's it is a Caddy CTS wagon... dry.gif
Dr Evil
I am looking for a Lesney bus smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 22 2011, 05:40 PM) *

I am looking for a Lesney bus smile.gif

Mike, do you have the Outdoor Sportsmen bus yet? If not I have one for you that I will bring with me to Hershey. slap.gif
type47
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Feb 22 2011, 03:40 PM) *

What's up with the package???? Says on the side that's it is a Caddy CTS wagon...

Yep, that's the way it came... idea.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 22 2011, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Feb 22 2011, 03:40 PM) *

What's up with the package???? Says on the side that's it is a Caddy CTS wagon...

Yep, that's the way it came... idea.gif

That will likely be worth some bucks in the future.
type47
found 2 more errors, unfortunately, neither one a Porsche. Passed on a NICE looking Lesney 63 Pick-up GMC. Price was 9.99 at TRU in Fair Lakes.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jt914-6
I've got some spare Lesney red 914's if anyone wants one...my cost ($3.97 + USPS shipping).....PM me if interested....
Mr.242
I found 4 here WA State! piratenanner.gif
nsr-jamie
I would be up for some red Lesney 914 cars if someone is willing to sell to me at a decent price here in Japan and need affordable shipping as well....I am also into trades or if you need something from Japan please let me know and I can try to help.
Lou W
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Mar 2 2011, 09:22 AM) *

I would be up for some red Lesney 914 cars if someone is willing to sell to me at a decent price here in Japan and need affordable shipping as well....I am also into trades or if you need something from Japan please let me know and I can try to help.

I'll send you one, how much to send one from 97470 to Japan?
Todd Enlund
Step 1

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914

I sent him a package with some JB weld, a 914 keychain, 3 matchbox teeners and some other goodies and it cost me 40 bucks. A smaller package might be done a little cheaper.
Brent
On customizations, anyone tackle the chrome interior?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.