Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
EdwardBlume
Just another reason to go....
iamchappy
i'm going to make one of them into a clone of my turbo car
Lou W
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 24 2010, 04:32 PM) *

Just wanted you guys to know something. You all suck mad.gif biggrin.gif I can't run to a wal-mart or Target to find one. Hopefully they will still be making them and selling them when I get home from my deployment in May... chair.gif hmmm... It's freakin' 7.40 on amazon for the lime green one too. chair.gif

James, I sent one out today to ya. beerchug.gif
nsr-jamie
Just got back from the Olympics in Vancouver and I made a stop at the local Walmart and they had 4 of them for sale, I bought 3 of them and left one for the next person. I also have a pair of US version ones here sent via a friend and the Canadian version packs are a bit different. The cars appear to be the same. I paid $1.33 each for them. They have chrome seats, very cool !!
blitZ
So has anyone cut the roof off yet? I have several cars so far, sure is tempting.
jt914-6
I cut off the roof/windshield, changed the wheels, and painted my car's color....

Click to view attachment
jonferns
aktion035.gif

Now you just need a ginther-style windscreen
jt914-6
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Mar 2 2010, 05:42 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Now you just need a ginther-style windscreen

And flares, Fuchs, flared rockers, rear spoiler, ect.....
JonH
Needed a new key chain...

Click to view attachment
carr914
FINALLY !!!

I scored a few

One Light & Darker Green will stay in the package

Tomorrow after the Local Concours, I will come home and begin surgery on two. I'll bead blast em, flare em - I think I have a little Ginther screen here somewhere.

Not sure how to paint them later - spray or get some fingernail lacquer polish in Signal Orange

The Decals are going to be a Bitch.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

and a few of my old Matchbox - a few Grey Wheels

I still have a few boxes in a closet.

In 1987, I traded a Matchbox Collection ( Coronation Coach (2) All early Grey Wheels, All cars thru 1968 (w/ original boxes) including displays for a HOUSE.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 1 2010, 05:56 PM) *

i'm going to make one of them into a clone of my turbo car

The hardest part is getting a good photo of these little things. dry.gif
iamchappy
Rick, no fair right out of the package they look almost Ravenna - But Raspberry yum yum.....

Whats this i hear about a Cellite rack...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 5 2010, 11:05 PM) *

Rick, no fair right out of the package they look almost Ravenna - But Raspberry yum yum.....

Whats this i hear about a Cellite rack...

lol-2.gif Call me! shades.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Mar 2 2010, 06:30 PM) *

I cut off the roof/windshield, changed the wheels, and painted my car's color....

Click to view attachment

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
rebelmdot
I cleaned out my target this morning for 4 of them!

QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 6 2010, 05:47 PM) *

MDG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 7 2010, 07:16 AM) *

1st one painted

thumb3d.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice. Now I just need to find one here in the Bay Area... mmm, I have extra Olympic blue....
carr914
coolpics.gif
SPY - PHOTO
coolpics.gif

Secret Shots of 914-6GTs getting Flares installed at CARRera SpecialWerks

Photo by 914World Official Photographer ANDY

Click to view attachment
Brent
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 7 2010, 05:41 AM) *

Nice. Now I just need to find one here in the Bay Area... mmm, I have extra Olympic blue....

You are going kill me. Scored two in the BAY AREA!!!!! Got the only two in Target on Mckee and Capital on the West Siiide San Jose. One for me and one for my son. Still will look for more.
Now he just saw the upgrade pic of signal orange and said we need more so we can have one to match.
iamchappy
I haven't decided whether to use steel flares or fiberglass...
jcambo7
Thanks Shoe
But Lou sent me one already. Appreciate it. drunk.gif

James

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 25 2010, 12:17 AM) *

Just wanted you guys to know something. You all suck mad.gif biggrin.gif I can't run to a wal-mart or Target to find one. Hopefully they will still be making them and selling them when I get home from my deployment in May... chair.gif hmmm... It's freakin' 7.40 on amazon for the lime green one too. chair.gif

Dude, don't you worry. I will personally make sure you get a 914 when you return. I am setting one aside with your name on it now. Thanks for protecting our country! aktion035.gif

Shoe

jcambo7
Thanks Lou
Appreciate it!
James

QUOTE(Lou W @ Mar 1 2010, 06:48 PM) *

James, I sent one out today to ya. beerchug.gif

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 7 2010, 07:41 AM) *

Rob, if ya need one let me know, I am sitting on a stash of them.

Shoe
carr914
I swapped the wheels for my 1st car

Click to view attachment

and made a Ginther car

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
I finally got one last night smilie_pokal.gif at Albertsons of all places!

I ran to the store for a few things and just happened to walk down the toy aisle.... it was right in front smile.gif
carr914
My poor Prototype ( on left) ( I have named her #4 shades.gif ) has been Flared, un-flared, Painted White, painted Silver, stripped, Ginthered, Winged, Spoilered. I think I will just leave it out in the desert confused24.gif Later to be called the Ultra-Uber RustCicle.

Click to view attachment
tod914
Nice work T.C.. How about a limo for Andy and McMark smile.gif
ConeDodger
I just scored six at one Target store... Whoo Hooo!!!
zymurgist
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 8 2010, 07:30 PM) *

pray.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 8 2010, 06:30 PM) *

914 Whoremonger............. poke.gif
iamchappy
I think because they omitted the side maker lights they should be recalled.
carr914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 9 2010, 02:55 PM) *

I think because they omitted the side maker lights they should be recalled.

Gotta be Euros smilie_flagge6.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
And this morning ANKLEBITER stopped by.

Click to view attachment
iamchappy
My clone 914-6 GT Turbo job... I think it looks way cooler in person.... Oh my, i just noticed i forgot to put the door handles on....

I'm giving it to Ollie this weekend on his 24th birthday.. beer.gif
Dr Evil
Here is my collection, which started with the beginning of this thread rolleyes.gif
Dr Evil
More
Dr Evil
More
Dr Evil
More rolleyes.gif
Dr Evil
Last....or is it.
zymurgist
Oh, you got the Vista Cruiser with the 2 dogs in the back! How cool is that?
Zundfolge
A friend of mine that collects VW stuff picked one up and mailed it to me ... pretty cool little car.

Uh, but you guys take them out of the packaging?
type47
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Mar 12 2010, 07:37 AM) *

Uh, but you guys take them out of the packaging?

Nothing is sacred here biggrin.gif
carr914
Unless Pat Garvey is peeking in, these 97c cars are far game. My Prototype is so far gone, I might strip it again and leave out back so it gets some rust on it.

zymurgist
I took out one of the light green ones to play with. I'll also take a few more out to re-paint... speaking of which, is anyone using an airbrush? I was thinking that flexible hobby masking tape would work OK for the windshield surround.
Dr Evil
I have duplicates in storage so taking them out of the packaging is not an issue. I also found a white Vista Cruiser smile.gif
pcar916
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2010, 08:08 PM) *

More

Hey,
Is that P-38 supercharged or not? I can't see the top of the engine nacelle's well enough. I know the lego-chopper is... of course. beerchug.gif
iamchappy
How else can you modify them if you dont take them out of the package, MatchBox CW's........
Dr Evil
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Mar 12 2010, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2010, 08:08 PM) *

More

Hey,
Is that P-38 supercharged or not? I can't see the top of the engine nacelle's well enough. I know the lego-chopper is... of course. beerchug.gif

Of course. I came across it during my matchbox hunt. I wub.gif the p-38. I dream of making a home built semi scale version some day :crazy:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.