Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Rockaria
Wal-mart in Las Cruces, NM (near El Paso, TX) had all 8 of them at once. I only got five, some dill weed got the others right in front of me.
Dr Evil
So far no luck in secluded WCH, OH.
Jacob
When the first set came out, I started checking the Wall Marts in my area. I also tried the local Target stores and ended up with some good luck there. I think I even found one at my local Kroger. Those might be places to try this time also. smile.gif
Jacob
Got lucky on the first try. Here is the display I found. They were together but not mixed in with the other Hot Wheels cars.Click to view attachment
racerbvd
No luck in OP either sad.gif
dangerranger01
My brother teased me with these pictures....

IPB Image

IPB Image
AlanG
Since the 1st of June I've been able to pick them all up, except the 918 Spyder sad.gif, at our local Walmart.
Rockaria
Who wants a set? The display was in the Hello Kitty and Doll section.
Click to view attachment
Beach914
I went by Walmart, toys r us, and target late this afternoon and no luck in Orange County yet. Unless someone else chimes in....
brant
Found them in longmont walmart today
kfish914
Just found all of them in Wally world here in Elkhart, IN.
Picked up a few extra 914s to paint in GT colors welder.gif
trojanhorsepower
I want the 914. We don't have it at Marion walmart. I will keep looking though.
ejm
Score!
Click to view attachment
dale73914
I'm on the hunt here in OZ for them smile.gif

On another note, I found this on ebay.

Someone here in Australia got inventive.

Thought it might interest some of you.

Might buy one or two myself smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CUSTOM-UNIQUE-B...T-/201351049703

Cuda911
Foo, based on the above posts I went over to Wally World today. Nuthin'.

Bought some beef jerky and vodka instead.
xperu
I just found 11 of them at Wal-mart in Chickasha Oklahoma, so I think they are out in large numbers. Chickasha is a fairly small town in the middle of the oil patch. Nice people here and a lot of hot wheels. cheer.gif
AlanG
Its my understanding that this set is exclusively available through Walmart. Can anyone confirm or correct that?
Chris914n6
In Vegas only the ghetto store had any, mostly 959s. The rest on the east side sold out and removed the displays already.
dangerranger01
Had to buy them all.
Getting a spray can of Olympic Blue to modify one.
Would like to make a narrow body, but it looks like the wheels are too wide, hahaha, so might need to modify wheels and axle to do that.

IPB Image
trojanhorsepower
Man, what gives?

So far only one of the Asheville stores had the series (no 914s or 17s), I have also checked... Marion, Morganton, Hillsborough, Roanoke Rapids, Emporia Va, Havlock and Moorehead City. Nothing nada, nobody in the stores ever even heard of them.
AlanG
I FINALLY (well, actually my daughter found it for me) got the 918 Spyder ... collection complete! piratenanner.gif
xxx914
Yipee - finally found some in Australia at Big W
Porsche930dude
2 walmarts here in town one had 3 of the series the other had nothing. I already bought a 914 previously online so now iv got 4. Id like to find the other 4 and more 914s for customization purposes. Im going to check Target next. Definatly a cool series though and im surprized they kept the price at $1.
trojanhorsepower
Finally sorta scored. All but the 914. Claton Walmart.
Chris914n6
This is why they're hard to find in stores.

Ebay hord
7TPorsh
Found some models I'm selling if anyone interested; thread here in Parts: Models

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
I have been to about 35 Walmarts to include the south San Francisco bay area, multiple locations in PA (hours apart), OH, WV. Found 2. The 914 were always gone, no store display. Plenty of the other models. What gives?

Anyone want some of the old green ones, I have a few extra.
dangerranger01
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 30 2015, 05:14 PM) *

I have been to about 35 Walmarts to include the south San Francisco bay area, multiple locations in PA (hours apart), OH, WV. Found 2. The 914 were always gone, no store display. Plenty of the other models. What gives?

Anyone want some of the old green ones, I have a few extra.

Dr. Evil, i'll send you a couple...PM me your address. It won't ship until next weekend though if that is alright...i'm away from my cache of hot wheels.

Also, I painted one of them to match what I want my car to look like. The other one is bare metal....looks a lot like the anklebiter car. haha

IPB Image

IPB Image

racerbvd
I have had no luck in North Florida either WTF.gif
racerbvd
After seeing others have scored, I went to the local wally world and still NOTHING mad.gif
Zimms
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

New creamy matchbox

Not my photos. From instagram
flat4guy
Got me all excited, the wife was warming up the car to head out. smile.gif
sb914
I’ve had these since new. 1969 .To bad I played with them!!
The purple ones are rare . Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
none at my wallnart wacko.gif dry.gif sad.gif
ejm
No faux Creamsicle at the 3 WM's I checked but got a few more of these

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Still looking for a Matchbox Creamsicle. popcorn[1].gif

But I did find these other Mid-engine Porsche teeners. smilie_flagge6.gif

Click to view attachment

I am so proud of myself for demonstrating control over my addiction. smilie_pokal.gif I only bought one and left the other on the store shelf.

VegasRacer
I give up. headbang.gif smilie_flagge24.gif sad.gif

I believe I have better odds of seeing a Real Creamsicle in the parking lot at Walmart, than of finding a Matchbox Creamsicle on the shelves in the store. locust.gif

I surrendered and bought a pair on eBay. beerchug.gif smilie_wirdgut.gif
MM1
@Pete000 found this the other day
Click to view attachment

My favorite color on all cars-thanks, Pete!
brant
The silver looks nice
Chris914n6
I've been getting lucky at the 99 cent only stores lately. They even had the Safari still. I was actually here now to offer you one grouphug.gif yellowsleep[1].gif Guess I'll have to paint it to match my car biggrin.gif

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 13 2021, 12:39 PM) *

I give up. headbang.gif smilie_flagge24.gif sad.gif

I believe I have better odds of seeing a Real Creamsicle in the parking lot at Walmart, than of finding a Matchbox Creamsicle on the shelves in the store. locust.gif

I surrendered and bought a pair on eBay. beerchug.gif smilie_wirdgut.gif

Maltese Falcon
Not mine... but spotted this cool 1/24th scale green six Slot Car on the 'Gram; what do you think Michael @Cairo94507 ¿?Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That is a totally cool shot! Thanks. Cheers, beerchug.gif
Porsche930dude
I customized an orange boulevard to match my car

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Porsche930dude @ Apr 17 2021, 08:32 PM) *

I customized an orange boulevard to match my car

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Love it ! aktion035.gif
Chris914n6
Red ones hitting Walmarts now or ebay. piratenanner.gif

IPB Image
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 14 2021, 06:37 PM) *

Not mine... but spotted this cool 1/24th scale green six Slot Car on the 'Gram; what do you think Michael @Cairo94507 ¿?Click to view attachment

I just got the irish green six SCR slot car they make quite a few versions, I have 7.
sixnotfour
Here is the latest;; shipping takes awhile.. sorry for the interruption beerchug.gif
https://src.es/en/store/chrono-cars/chrono-...ary-circuit-sb/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.