Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Katmanken
At first I lusted after a blue one. Then that big assed tramp stamp trunk decal showed up in one of the photos, and that killed it for me.

Great looking car other than that. Like the silver trim and the side stripes.
Dr Evil
I do not like the tramp stamp either, but it is a collectors car smile.gif I will not be opening this one up.
hot_shoe914
I have finally reached the magic number of 50 of the Matchbox 914s. I also picked up a 914-6 offEbay last night. Of my 50 teeners, all were found and purchased individually with exception of 6 of the dark green.
Cupomeat
Hmmm, must be my luck but I still haven't found one.

I guess I'll be buying one of each color off ebay soon as they aren't too expensive yet there.
jt914-6
Shoe......I'm catching up to you.....I've given away at least a half dozen....The one out of the box is painted MY car color......We'll have plenty to give out at MUSR11?????
edit: I just found six more dark green ones I had stashed....

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 5 2010, 04:06 PM) *

Shoe......I'm catching up to you.....I've given away at least a half dozen....The one out of the box is painted MY car color......We'll have plenty to give out at MUSR11?????
edit: I just found six more dark green ones I had stashed....

Click to view attachment

I didn't count the 20 or so I have given away already. Cupomeat, send me your addy and I will see to it you get some cars. That or bring your butt down to the MUSR 11 in October with the rest of thenortheast crew and I will give them to you in person!

Shoe
Gustl
check out eBay #320571709858 and eBay #280544966948 w00t.gif

Gustl
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 1 2010, 11:07 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 28 2010, 03:03 PM) *

drooley.gif

WANT

GOT IT!

But only 1.... And it was just a little less expensive than a real car...........

same here smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif
GTPatrick

My question is , . . . . . exactly what colors for the Matchbox 914 are available . As far as I can figure out is 1)- light green , 2) lime green , 3) a dark , almost British racing green .

The $64 question is , is there a Blue color available and has anyone seen it at Target , K-Mart or Toys R' Us ???

Are there any other colors available ? huh.gif

Thanks for any replies . beer.gif

GTPatrick
Gustl
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Aug 21 2010, 08:31 PM) *

The $64 question is , is there a Blue color available and has anyone seen it at Target , K-Mart or Toys R' Us ???

from my best knowledge it was only available at the 8th annual Matchbox gathering of friends 2010 in Albuquerque

QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Aug 21 2010, 08:31 PM) *

Are there any other colors available ? huh.gif

I only know the 3 variations of green and the blue metallic one

beerchug.gif
John
I started the paint on one of mine to make it look more like my car....

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ELLIOTT
agree.gif lol-2.gif
tradisrad
It's not a 914, however I've always like the Lotus Europa
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Sep 5 2010, 12:53 PM) *

It's not a 914, however I've always like the Lotus Europa
Click to view attachment

Now get the 914 that matches your car.
tradisrad

[/quote]
[/quote]
I've got the light green 14, but i've not seen the dark green one in the local stores.
hot_shoe914
[quote name='tradisrad' date='Sep 5 2010, 01:32 PM' post='1366277']
[/quote]
[/quote]
I've got the light green 14, but i've not seen the dark green one in the local stores.
[/quote]
I've got one you can have if you don't find one.
carr914
My current Line-up, not including the ones in the original packaging

Click to view attachment
72914S
I have all three colors so I`ve customized a couple for friends and myself. Dis-assembly is difficult but I think the results are worth it. The red car is for the one I have and the silver is for the first one I owned back in 1976.Click to view attachment
rfuerst911sc
I was in Target over the weekend. I strolled over to the toys section and there was one green 914 on the hook, right in front ! So I now have a green and yellow. beer.gif
hot_shoe914
I scored 8 of the dark green ones today along with a VW bus and a couple of 1974 VW SP2s. How cool was that! aktion035.gif
dlee6204
I have had lots of luck recently buying the dark green ones. Anyone want to trade me for some of the lighter green ones?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:01 PM) *

I have had lots of luck recently buying the dark green ones. Anyone want to trade me for some of the lighter green ones?

Tell me what you need or want and I will swap with you at the MUSR.
dlee6204
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 10 2010, 10:06 PM) *

One of two of the lighter green ones would make me happy. Either variation is fine. Thank you sir! beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:14 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 10 2010, 10:06 PM) *

One of two of the lighter green ones would make me happy. Either variation is fine. Thank you sir! beerchug.gif

I can handle that, no problem.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:55 PM) *

I scored 8 of the dark green ones today along with a VW bus and a couple of 1974 VW SP2s. How cool was that! aktion035.gif

Bus???? idea.gif What type, year, etc?
Lou W
I still don't have a dark green one sad.gif But I found a blue one smile.gif
EdwardBlume
The blue one is sweet!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 10 2010, 10:25 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:55 PM) *

Bus???? idea.gif What type, year, etc?

Don't worry Doc, I have a few buses and other VWs here with your name on them. However, the nicest one I have found I kinda fell in love with so you probably won't be getting the 1965 21 window Samba bus.
poorsche914
Along with a dark green 914, I scored a couple of VW SP2s today at Target.

IPB Image

driving.gif
Dr Evil
Oooo, gonna have to get me two of those! smile.gif smilie_pokal.gif
jt914-6
I too have been only finding the dark green as of late....but I did find a medium green one at a older Wal-Mart and two meduim green one at a Dollar General today... beerchug.gif
Lou W
Thank You GT Patrick, I got my care package today beerchug.gif

Lou W
Woohoo sunglasses.gif
Dr Evil
Scored 5 914s at walmart yesterday. smile.gif
mepstein
I need a blue one.
GTPatrick
QUOTE(Lou W @ Sep 22 2010, 07:53 PM) *

Thank You GT Patrick, I got my care package today beerchug.gif

|

Lou , I'm glad that I was able to help you in return for your earlier help . Boy that service by the USPS was fast .

It seems that dark green ones keep dribbling in to Target or WallyMart every so often . I'm able to find 1 or 2 at a time but figure that someothers are raiding the supplies and I get the table scraps of what's left over, but that's cool cuz I can at least get some . Just hoping that they put some red ones out or maybe some blue ones .

Pary on dude . party.gif

GTP beer.gif
Cevan
Three at Walmart this morning.

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Scored 5 Dark Greens at the Dollar Tree on Saturday.
rick 918-S
Scored 13 dark green ones saturday.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Check out the one on the right. Sandy picked it up in Germany at the airport. Different packaging. I've had it for a couple weeks and just noticed the difference.
Derek Seymour
Just got home from a trip to find one of these in my stack of mail! My brother thought it would make a great belated B-Day gift. Brilliant!
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 5 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Check out the one on the right. Sandy picked it up in Germany at the airport. Different packaging. I've had it for a couple weeks and just noticed the difference.

Yes, that is the Euro version and also the ones they sell in Japan except with a Japanese sticker pasted on the back....I have one too, very cool !!
Kansas 914
Could it really be the 4th color??? I understood that Matchbox typically released 3 colors and I was never convinced the two shades of light green were 2 different colors - more like 2 different lots. Maybe this is the 3rd color - ugh.... I was hoping for red or chrome yellow or even white.... Even Raspberry would be better (sorry Rick - you know I love your pink car).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Click to view attachment

Mustard Yellow???
rick 918-S
WTF.gif screwy.gif Not that there is anything wrong with the new color.... gayfight.gif I agree about the green cars. I think that was a batch issue. Should have been something a little more manley like Raspberry. shades.gif
nsr-jamie
Cool a new color! Now I have to buy this one too...or is that a car that may have been repainted? I have seen a few of repainted cars for sale...I hope Matchbox comes out with some new colors
dlo914
Went 914 hunting tonight and found myself a yellow one biggrin.gif There was another one as well, but it also came in the $10 pack. So i bought another car to fit in the missing slot and returned the $10 pack. happy11.gif
blitZ
Nice, now some kid will grow up thinking that's a VW Golf.
jt914-6
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Oct 8 2010, 02:59 AM) *

Went 914 hunting tonight and found myself a yellow one biggrin.gif There was another one as well, but it also came in the $10 pack. So i bought another car to fit in the missing slot and returned the $10 pack. happy11.gif

dry.gif packaged as a VW Golf??? Something is up here...."won't get fooled again" mad.gif Me thinks the Golf went back in the ten pack and returned.....
Mark Henry
I finally scored 3 light green ones...now I have to keep checking to find dark green and yellow....but the yellow ones seem to go faster. biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 8 2010, 08:06 AM) *

I finally scored 3 light green ones...now I have to keep checking to find dark green and yellow....but the yellow ones seem to go faster. biggrin.gif

I hope some one has a Hot Wheels dragstrip track so we can finally get a scientific answer on which color 914 is faster! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.