Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Andyrew
I sprayed a thin layer of black primer on my interior last night. Im working on making my flares similar to the HPH flares on my car. I'll see if I can get some pics but the interior looked a lot better with a quick spray of black primer.
rick 918-S
Anyone else find any this color yet?
mepstein
Just got a 4 pack off ebay
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2011, 06:44 PM) *

Just got a 4 pack off ebay

I think I may have run the price up on you - sorry...

I would have bailed out if I knew it was you - ah the fun of eBay!!
mepstein
no, these were 4/$12- buy it now.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2011, 06:51 PM) *

no, these were 4/$12- buy it now.

Sweet deal _ I feel better!

Cheers!
mepstein
Also found a blue one. smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2011, 07:04 PM) *

Also found a blue one. smile.gif

I bet you paid more than $3 for it! smile.gif

mepstein
x10

I must be missing something from my childhood.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 4 2011, 07:13 PM) *

x10

First.... OMG! yikes.gif lol-2.gif Then second what color are the cars in the 4 pak? idea.gif
mepstein
orange
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2011, 07:46 PM) *

x10

First.... OMG! yikes.gif lol-2.gif Then second what color are the cars in the 4 pak? idea.gif

I bought one for $50 - signed by the designer... I must be missing something from my adulthood - like money for food......

Rick - I think he bought a lot of 4 individual cars - not really a four car blister pack
mepstein
individual - sorry, not up on matchbox lingo.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 4 2011, 07:55 PM) *

x10

I bought one for $50 - signed by the designer... I must be missing something from my adulthood - like money for food......

Rick - I think he bought a lot of 4 individual cars - not really a four car blister pack

You guys are sick puppies! lol-2.gif Score on the signed copy! pray.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2011, 08:05 PM) *

You guys are sick puppies! lol-2.gif

Takes one to know one! smile.gif

PS: Did the package arrive yet????

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 4 2011, 08:11 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2011, 08:05 PM) *

You guys are sick puppies! lol-2.gif

Takes one to know one! smile.gif

PS: Did the package arrive yet????

owned.gif Not yet morning1.gif Waiting like an expectant father... unsure.gif
MDG
Not a Matchbox and probably going to cost around $150.00 but the long promised AutoArt 1:18 scale is finally happening. They now have it on their site in the "Coming Soon" page. In the past that usually means a couple of months before they are out.

Based on other AutoArt models I have these will be much better than the Revell one. The pictures are listed as pre-production photos. Supposedly there will be colour variants on a 914-6 and one or two GTs.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 4 2011, 01:46 PM) *

On customizations, anyone tackle the chrome interior?

Working on it. The chrome interior is especially obnoxious with the targa removed.
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 5 2011, 05:33 AM) *

Not a Matchbox and probably going to cost around $150.00 but the long promised AutoArt 1:18 scale is finally happening. They now have it on their site in the "Coming Soon" page. In the past that usually means a couple of months before they are out.

Based on other AutoArt models I have these will be much better than the Revell one. The pictures are listed as pre-production photos. Supposedly there will be colour variants on a 914-6 and one or two GTs.

Click to view attachment

Very cool! I'll be watching for the final release. I didn't see anything on their site about color variations or a GT version. Where did you get that information?
MDG
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 5 2011, 12:32 PM) *

Very cool! I'll be watching for the final release. I didn't see anything on their site about color variations or a GT version. Where did you get that information?

Find the link on their homepage called "Product List". Not sure what the one listed as Soft Top means.

77931 1/18 PORSCHE 914/6 (GREEN)
77932 1/18 PORSCHE 914/6 (ORANGE)
77933 1/18 PORSCHE 914/6 (RED)
77936 1/18 PORSCHE 914/6 W/SOFT TOP (COLOR TO BE ADVISED)
87175 1/18 PORSCHE 914/6 RALLY 1971 3RD POSITION WALDEGAARD/THORZELIUS #7 (RALLY OF MONTE CARLO)
Gustl
here's a pic of the orange version
seen on a german fair

sharper
Finally broke down and picked up a Lesney one off of Ebay. Shipping was a little high but it was cheaper than paying for gas to drive around to all the Walmarts hoping to find one.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Mar 5 2011, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Brent @ Mar 4 2011, 01:46 PM) *

On customizations, anyone tackle the chrome interior?

Working on it. The chrome interior is especially obnoxious with the targa removed.

The Red Lesney 914 has a flat black interior, I picked up 5-7 of them with the intent of swaping out interiors and metal bases with some of the other current and future plastic-based 914 Matchbox. biggrin.gif

If other areas are anything like mine you are already 100% out of luck finding a Lesney 914 in stores, they are out of production and other Lesneys have already hit the shelves; so find one while you can!
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 5 2011, 08:33 AM) *

WOW That is GREAT news, I'm a fan of the 1:18 AutoArt models; particularly the Porsche 911's. They have improved build quality and detail significantly over the last decade, not the top-tier of diecast models but I'd say the best bang for the buck! biggrin.gif Especially for those of us not willing to pay $300-$1000 for a diecast model with real leather upholstered seats! tongue.gif Though looking at close-up photos it looks like it could have more detail for $150? Would be interested to see what the engine and undercarriage look like...
Katmanken
That's odd, the Lesneys have finally hit Ohio and I picked up 2 last week. The Europas are everywhere and seem to be the only item on the peg in store after store.
Silver72
Found QTY 3 Lesney Edition at Fred Meyer in Kirkland, WA. Left one to be fair. Also have found several dark green 914 around town. Kids each got one. Revell was a gift from PO of my real 72 914.Click to view attachment
John
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 5 2011, 10:43 AM) *

seen on a german fair

DO you have this? Where can I buy one? I must have it. Perhaps its the Gin or Vodka talking........
dlo914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 4 2011, 06:55 PM) *

x10

Found another auction of a 4 pack of orange 914s on evilBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Matchbox-VW-PORSC...3#ht_500wt_1156

Don't worry im not interested. I'm gonna try and find one in store.
dlo914
For you slant nose fans:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diecast-Porsche-Slant-...b8#ht_500wt_922
carr914
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Mar 14 2011, 05:35 AM) *

Whoever buys that, should buy my Roller & paint it Blue

T.C.
hot_shoe914
I can't seem to find that damn red Lesney anywhere, still trying though.
Andyrew
QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 5 2011, 06:33 AM) *

WOW, this is awsome!! HAVE to have one of these.

I dont know who local keeps buying up all the 914's but I go 2x a week and I havent found a 914 at the 4 local places in months!

Sigh...
Gustl
QUOTE(John @ Mar 14 2011, 05:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 5 2011, 10:43 AM) *

seen on a german fair

DO you have this? Where can I buy one? I must have it. Perhaps its the Gin or Vodka talking........

oh no ... this one was on display at a german model car show and it is a pre-production prototype from AutoArt
unfortunately it's not for sale yet

I will need one too, as soon as they sell them biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
brant
There are NO matchboxes in the stores around here.
is anyone here bidding on the orange 4 pack (above link)
I want to bid, but not against friends.

brant
MDG
Even the one on their site is a pre-production model - and to my eyes it does look like a few details need to be worked out. Based on past models that show up on their web site, a "coming soon" preproduction one is usually 2 or 3 months out. And when they do come the variations of it follow closely behind.

When the speedster model came out, the silver was first and a month later the light ivory one came out. Same with their early 911 models.
porsche_dreamer
So I thought I had given up on finding any more 914's around here, but I was in walmart and thought what the heck I'll check out the toy aisle and see what they have. I'll be danged they had an orange one, so like a mad man I started to scavenge thru the rest of em and found 4 so I bought em all.
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac128/v...ch/DSCN1247.jpg
70 914
so today i found a orange one its labeled a heritage classic 914-6 ?in reg blister pack ?
porsche_dreamer
Yep see my pic above. VW-Porsche 914-6
jt914-6
Scored two orange 914-6's @ WallyWorld today....on the hunt for more.....
porsche_dreamer
Why is it so addicting?
racerbvd
Thanks to JT, I got my Lensey Red 914-6 piratenanner.gif Still hunting for more...

Thanks Again JT for the hook up as locally I have found none... sad.gif
robby750
I found a red Lesney and an orange one today at my WalMart!!
type47
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Mar 16 2011, 02:15 PM) *

Thanks to JT, I got my Lensey Red 914-6 piratenanner.gif Still hunting for more...

Thanks Again JT for the hook up as locally I have found none... sad.gif

yes! Thanks to JT I have one and root has one (did you see it yet Rod?). Haven't seen any red or orange ones in NOVA or Albany, NY
rnellums
Click to view attachment
I just got back from a trip to Mazatlan Mexico and scored big in one of the supermarkets down there, one light green, two dk. greens and three oranges, all with mexican packaging!
GTPatrick
Went to WalMart here in Memphis and scored some 914's . 2 Matchbox - orange 914-6 , 1 - gold hot wheels Meyers Manx , 1 - hot Wheels AMC Gremlin that looks like a modified oval dirt car . Spoiler looks kinda bogus but I have owned several AMC's in the past . Plus 1 - Hot Wheels Citroen G6 Rally car in red . Got to love those European rally cars . beer.gif

Does Matchbox make a yellow and a blue 914 for sale to the general public ?

Now all I have to do is get a full size 914 that is almost or totally rust free . Sales market here in Memphis really sucks for Porsches .

GTP smoke.gif
ws91420
Yellow is only available as part of Exclusive editions 10 pack. Found my first orange one on Sat.
trojanhorsepower
I finally scored an orange one at the super walmart in Morganton NC.
piratenanner.gif
dlee6204
My fiancé found a red Lesney for me this past weekend. It's a good thing because I was having no luck finding any of my own. I also found two orange ones last week too. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I need one of the funny colored green ones. I don't know what color it's called. Sort of washed out looking. I can trade an orange one for it. Mark
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 21 2011, 07:42 PM) *

I need one of the funny colored green ones. I don't know what color it's called. Sort of washed out looking. I can trade an orange one for it. Mark

Mark, I will trade you 2 of the green ones for an orange one. I can deliver to Hershey.

Shoe

p.s. Let me know which green, light, medium or dark. Hell, never mind, I will bring you one of each color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.