Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
tracks914
I want two sooo bad. (So I can have one original and make a GT version)
None up here in Canada. Anyone want to sell a couple???
Dr Evil
When they start showing up here, I would be glad to hook you up.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 28 2010, 08:17 AM) *

There are tons of them on eBay. That's where I got mine for not more than they'd cost in the store.
Katmanken
I gotta stop going to the store to look for teeners....

My 3rd stop netted 2 at Wallymart, one of which I gave to AndrewPokrandt.

Went on another search recently and at the 4th store (Wallymart), I found another one and came to with a Ghia and a matte black Gallardo....

Next day I stalked another Wallymart and found another teener so now I have 3.

But, the Hot Wheels pegs called and I found this killer Ferrari 512.

This is the car that ran at Lemans in 1971. The top winners in that race were 3 Porsche 917's, three Ferrari 512's and the 914. That makes this car very 914 period correct and I actually have photo of a 914 and 512 at that race.

My 512 is yellow. Red or yellow are Lemans colors.

Stop me before I stalk cheap diecast cars again!!!!!
Dr Evil
OK, I have some cars that I am supposed to ship to someone and I owe money for some of these cars that have arrived. I need to get these off of my table. Contact me. You know who you are! wink.gif
blitZ
The 512 is sweet. I'd like to find a 917 like that.
tracks914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 31 2010, 06:47 PM) *

OK, I have some cars that I am supposed to ship to someone and I owe money for some of these cars that have arrived. I need to get these off of my table. Contact me. You know who you are! wink.gif

That might be me.
Local Walmart got a whole shipment of new Matchboxes in this week....no 914. sad.gif
I'll PM you.
Tx
zymurgist
I must have a secret admirer or something. Look what appeared in my mailbox today!

Click to view attachment

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Brent
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jan 28 2010, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 28 2010, 08:17 AM) *

There are tons of them on eBay. That's where I got mine for not more than they'd cost in the store.

At 6.99 shipping, I think I will wait for my normal trips to Target and Walmart to look for the cars. Can't justify up to 9x the cost of retail. I'm a single father of two young sons, so yes, I visit these stores often.
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Feb 1 2010, 08:43 PM) *

I must have a secret admirer or something. Look what appeared in my mailbox today!

Dang! Is your admirer on the East Coast? I'm still lookin' mad.gif
zymurgist
She's an east coaster, but the package was shipped from Texas.

I've only ever found 2 in stores, one in Target and one in Walmart. The Kmart in Greenbelt doesn't even have any Matchbox cars on the rack.
tat2dphreak
the hunt is part of the fun... I did net a sweet purp...err aubergine ghia 'vert that I'm going to give to a friend of mine. he loves ghias the way I love 914s, and I can totally understand why. smile.gif
zymurgist
True... I got my sister looking in Florida, while I make the rounds in the western MD / WV panhandle / Cumberland Valley PA area.

That Ghia is sweet... I got 2 of them myself. Now I'm thinking I might want to pick up the green Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser. It has 2 doggies sticking their heads out the back window.
tat2dphreak
Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

great thing about those... you can literally cruise the vista...

sorry, made me think of "that 70's show" for a sec
tradisrad
I've been looking for weeks and I can't find one. Walmart, Target and Toysrus. None to be had on the SF Peninsula! Or are one of you guys buying them all?
zymurgist
I buy every one I see.

So that makes 2 that I have found in stores in my area.
type47
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 2 2010, 07:41 AM) *

... I did net a sweet purp...err aubergine ghia 'vert that I'm going to give to a friend of mine. he loves ghias the way I love 914s, and I can totally understand why. smile.gif

I'm seeing alot of the Ghia's in my search for the elusive 914. How many Ghia's does your friend want? biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
dunno biggrin.gif I'll probably find a few more on my journey biggrin.gif

the target and walmart always seem to be bare... is there a day of the week that these get restocked?
zx-niner
Found one in the Merced Walmart Sunday. Bought it, of course.
Brent
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Feb 2 2010, 08:15 AM) *

I've been looking for weeks and I can't find one. Walmart, Target and Toysrus. None to be had on the SF Peninsula! Or are one of you guys buying them all?

I am very sure they haven't hit the Bay Area yet. I put my request into Lodi supply contact.
bfrymire
QUOTE(Brent @ Feb 2 2010, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Feb 2 2010, 08:15 AM) *

I am very sure they haven't hit the Bay Area yet. I put my request into Lodi supply contact.

I agree with you Brent! Every place I go to, doesn't have them. in fact, the whole matchbox stuff is picked clean!

-- brett
Katmanken
Yup, matchbox stuff is very picked over. In fact, I found two 914's on the only peg of matchbox stuff in a Wallymart.
Dr Evil
I have still found nada. The matchbox stuff seems to have been restocked at some locations, but it is still the same stuff for the most part.

Kenny, the 914s were all that was left? Rejected? So sad.
Katmanken
No Evil one.

I always seem to find 914's hanging with the same cars so that makes me think that they are unloaded from the same pack or selection.

Hey, remember the orange and sky blue VW Things I found for you? Hotwheels makes them in dark metallic blue and orange. The orange one one has a tan top that's raised.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 3 2010, 12:17 PM) *

Kenny, the 914s were all that was left? Rejected? So sad.

Apparently they're not a real Matchbox either.
Dr Evil
Ken, I have all the hot wheels Things (Tan, orange, blue). I would love to find another yellow one and a sky blue one like you found.
dflesburg
Nothing here in Dayton OH yet either...
Sleepin
Picked up some other goodies today though....
IPB Image
Katmanken
Remember that Ferrari 512m that I found?

Here is a pic of the 914 with the Ferrari 512. Note the same 2 cars racing at Lemans in 1971 in the background.... biggrin.gif
scotty b
FINALLY !!!! Went to Target yesterday to get a shower curtain rod, decided to check there for the 3rd time and bingo. 2 fer me, 2 fer Doc, one thing fer me, one fer Doc, if anyone wants the 3rd Thing speak up.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 3 2010, 07:16 PM) *

Picked up some other goodies today though....
IPB Image

Damn, that orange Thing is cool! Now I have something else to look for...
Sleepin
I was getting jealous of everyone's display cases...looked on CL this AM and bingo!
IPB Image

Sleepin
Oh, I did get these ... no 914's today again...
IPB Image

Mopar 5 pack:
IPB Image

I now have three chopped split windows:
IPB Image
type47
Another FINALLY.....SCORE! .... same as scotty b smile.gif found these at Fair Lakes before the Blizzard of '10 smoke.gif
Click to view attachment
zymurgist
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
carr914
You Bastards !! mad.gif
BK911
i found a couple today at Target. These are a different shade of green than the other one I found. So there are at least 2 different colors available.
jonferns
QUOTE(BK911 @ Feb 5 2010, 06:39 PM) *

i found a couple today at Target. These are a different shade of green than the other one I found. So there are at least 2 different colors available.

Any chance you can post a pic to compare? Thanks
Lou W
popcorn[1].gif
BK911
Crappy cell phone pic. The one is more of a yellowish green.

Click to view attachment
Katmanken
Extra lead in the paint?
BK911
Here is a better one:

Click to view attachment
BK911
WTB: front and rear bumper for 1971 914 biggrin.gif

Notice anything different in the two cars?

Click to view attachment
type47
Wow.... Matchbox cars with Appearance Group Options! idea.gif One in Rivenna Green and the other in Delphi Green biggrin.gif
BK911
What do you guys think about the bumperless car? Trash or treasure?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(BK911 @ Feb 6 2010, 06:44 AM) *

Treasure
zymurgist
QUOTE(BK911 @ Feb 6 2010, 09:44 AM) *

I see JB Weld and a 916 front end in its future.
Lou W
QUOTE(BK911 @ Feb 6 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Maybe the right thing to do is to sending back to the factory to be completed.... biggrin.gif
jt914-6
Does the one without bumpers have an interior? I've been smash.gif on one of mine and the bumpers and interior is one piece.......Must have been made on a Fri. or Mon........ biggrin.gif
BK911
ok, it is missing the interior.

So what should I do with it? eBay? Or hold on for a bit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.