Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 6 2010, 07:35 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 6 2010, 03:30 PM) *

Shoe....You going to stuff the MUSR 11 goodie bags with your stash???? poke.gif

One never knows what a crazy man from Arkansas will do. I will need a lot more though, I am only up to 23, I keep giving them away.

Damn! 23? I only have 7. Now I have to try and catch up. biggrin.gif
rebelmdot
I am up to 8 purchased, 3 given away.
zymurgist
I'm not seeing them any more. Maybe I should swing by a different Walmart to be sure.
jt914-6
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Apr 7 2010, 06:26 AM) *

I'm not seeing them any more. Maybe I should swing by a different Walmart to be sure.

I've had the best luck in Target....Have found very few in Wally-World....
balljoint
Picked up 4 more at Walmart on Eglinton near Warden. So don't bother going there. smile.gif
jt914-6
Just picked up three of the darker green at K-Mart if you can believe it.....
GTPatrick

hotshoe , aka Don , . . . I have tried calling your phone number but it says that the quicken customer is either out of the area or turned his phone off . I haven't given up yet . How can I get in touch with you and buy 2 or those little suckers ?

GTP

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 2 2010, 04:34 PM) *

Patrick, did you find one yet? If not I have a couple you can have, just get in touch with me. I found another one yesterday but out of 5 stores only 1 car.

Shoe

GTPatrick
Lou, . . . .

No I haven't forgotten or dropped off the face of the earth . Thanks for your offer , I'll try to get a hold of hotshoe for 2 of them . Been off the board for a while , my son is vsiting with me for his spring break . It's the old divorce thing visitation . Oh well .

GTP

QUOTE(Lou W @ Apr 2 2010, 05:14 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 2 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Patrick, did you find one yet? If not I have a couple you can have, just get in touch with me. I found another one yesterday but out of 5 stores only 1 car.

Shoe

I offered a couple to him back on the 25th.....never heard from him confused24.gif , guess he got some after his rant. smile.gif
zymurgist
I spoke too soon... found one at the nearest Walmart today...
Lou W
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Apr 7 2010, 01:47 PM) *

Lou, . . . .

No I haven't forgotten or dropped off the face of the earth . Thanks for your offer , I'll try to get a hold of hotshoe for 2 of them . Been off the board for a while , my son is vsiting with me for his spring break . It's the old divorce thing visitation . Oh well .

GTP

QUOTE(Lou W @ Apr 2 2010, 05:14 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 2 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Shoe

I offered a couple to him back on the 25th.....never heard from him confused24.gif , guess he got some after his rant. smile.gif

Yup, I understand, let me know. smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Apr 7 2010, 03:44 PM) *

hotshoe , aka Don , . . . I have tried calling your phone number but it says that the quicken customer is either out of the area or turned his phone off . I haven't given up yet . How can I get in touch with you and buy 2 or those little suckers ?

GTP

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 2 2010, 04:34 PM) *

Shoe

9 zero 1- 484- sixty nine 77.
Brent
I have four. Each place I go have max of two, if they had them at all. One was a gift for my 8 year old for Easter. I just picked up one more to customize, as my original two will stay in the packaging. This is all a result of looking every time I visit a Target Walmart or TRUs since January when folks on the East coast first started reporting them available. I will continue to look for them, but I visit these stores often anyway as I am a single dad on a tight budget. TRUs is on the way to a Target. I really do not know why about 10 Honda Ridgelines are available each time I go. What a waste. Wish they were teeners, then I would score 5 at a time.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Brent @ Apr 7 2010, 06:59 PM) *

I really do not know why about 10 Honda Ridgelines are available each time I go.

Because nobody buys them. I see lots of Priuses (Prii?) as well. Yeah, that's the car I want running down my Hot Wheels track. barf.gif
Brent
Just seems Matchbox thought there would be a bigger market for these and made more in relation to others, not a comment on the market itself, more of the production.
type47
This is what you get in the UK:
Click to view attachment
Katmanken
I found one on sale at Meijers last week for fifty cents.

flipb
Finally scored one... or two

My awesome wife knew I was looking for it. For my birthday, she spent way too much ordering a pair of them from Amazon. One for me, and one to satisfy the 3-yr old so he won't want to play with the one that's mine.

smile.gif

I thought it would be cool to have one... but now that I have one, I realize I need at least two more:

One to keep in the box
One to modify to look like mine (paint it yellow, cut the roof, maybe add bumper tits)
One to make into a keychain

The detail of the light lenses and bumpers (with black bumper tops) is impressive for Matchbox.
BigDBass
I've hit all the local K-Mart, Target, and Wal-Mart. Got 3 so far. One to keep unopened, one on my desk at work to fidget with, and one for the kids. I'm hoping to pick up 2 more so I can send one to a buddy as a Ph.D. graduation present, and hack at one for kicks.

As a bonus, the lighter Matchbox color matches my Ravenna 914 very nicely, so I don't need to modify it! smile.gif
jt914-6
Got a text today from Ron...Pcar916...He was in a Wally-World and saw THIS

Click to view attachment

I wonder how many times I and the rest of us have passed this up looking for the single 914 in Matchbox??? I'll have to look a little closer from now on......Good eye Ron.....
Brent
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 15 2010, 01:00 PM) *

Got a text today from Ron...Pcar916...He was in a Wally-World and saw THIS

Click to view attachment

I wonder how many times I and the rest of us have passed this up looking for the single 914 in Matchbox??? I'll have to look a little closer from now on......Good eye Ron.....

Interersting. I had my mother take a look at the Lodi Modesto Locations and she said she saw one in a collector pack, but I said they were only available in individual. Maybe she did see this too.
BigDBass
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 15 2010, 03:00 PM) *

I wonder how many times I and the rest of us have passed this up looking for the single 914 in Matchbox?
Not me! I check all those collector packs too!
hot_shoe914
I have checked all the collector packs but have not had any luck. Family Dollar doesn't really carry the individuals but does have the collector packs.
Steve
I found the same collector pack at my local Wallmart in Aliso Viejo, CA. There were two there. I only bought one. $10.00 just to get the one car I wanted...
If you hurry you might find the other one!!
Lou W
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Apr 15 2010, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 15 2010, 03:00 PM) *

I wonder how many times I and the rest of us have passed this up looking for the single 914 in Matchbox?
Not me! I check all those collector packs too!

agree.gif I was hoping to find an all porsche collector pack, only seeing the prancing horse pack.
Dr Evil
I had a 2 hr drive to get a part today and hit a few WM, Targets and a K-mart. I scored 4 smile.gif I also got a pack with some interesting stuff in it. Pics later.
zymurgist
Hmmm. Going to check out a motorcycle on Sunday. Perhaps I should look up the Targets and Walmarts near my destination... idea.gif
Cevan
I found one today at Walmart.

Click to view attachment
Rob914
I found two collector packs with 914s at my local Walmart today. I did not buy them but if anyone on the board wants them, I will buy them. Not looking to make any money. I estimate total cost with shipping to be around $15.00 each.

Rob
Dr Evil
I picked up the collector pack at K-mart as it was on sale for $6.99. There was another with a light blue convertible Chevy Bel Air I had to have smile.gif Theo is getting some more cars soon (Zach's son gets all the ones I dont want smile.gif )
balljoint
I wish I had an Uncle Dr. Evil. Sweet. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Yopu has found 26 so far. She will be giving them away at WCR2010! (I get to keep one though smile.gif )
Andyrew
26??? Holy crap!!! No wonder it took me so long to find some!!!

I finally found 2 today!! Also a R8 and an RS4... Gotta love the Porsche/ Audi combo.

I'll be modifying mine next week!!
Dr Evil
DUDE! Noel and I scored 4 at target. I am seeing a lot of 10 car packs with them inside. I can not seem to find any at walmart. I have found one for several visits.
Andyrew
Thats funny, the 2 that I found were in walmart..

I saw a couple of 10 car packs w/ them..
ConeDodger
HA HA Very Funny Yopu!!!

I came home from my weekend adventure to find she had found a "Service Pack" with a tow truck and a flat bed and put one of the 914's up on the flat bed... She is soooooooooooooo cute!
zymurgist
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 19 2010, 03:03 PM) *

HA HA Very Funny Yopu!!!

I came home from my weekend adventure to find she had found a "Service Pack" with a tow truck and a flat bed and put one of the 914's up on the flat bed... She is soooooooooooooo cute!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
dion9146
I couldn't find any at the local Toys R Us this weekend. Still looking.....

Dion
kyracedog
Found 2 this weekend in Meijer stores.
1 at each store.
zonedoubt
Different: http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-64-MATCHBOX-PORSCHE-9...=item483a412f1d

"914World" decal on a Matchbox 914...hmm... idea.gif
Lennies914
Does anyone know where I can find a small set of jackstands for my Matchbox 914? lol-2.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Apr 23 2010, 06:31 PM) *

Does anyone know where I can find a small set of jackstands for my Matchbox 914? lol-2.gif

Have these heavy duty ones for sale! happy11.gif
Click to view attachment
dion9146
i finally found one!
Katmanken
OK boyz,

Once again you failed to stop the Kenny from stalking the toy departments for small diecast cars....

Since I gots 6 or so of the teeners, I passed on the expensive Matchbox car combos with the 914.

However, I did score a Hotwheels Ferrari 512 in a combo box. It was red and wouldn't stop calling. Particularly since the box was 40% off.

Now, the real score.....

A Greenlight VW w30. What's a VW w30 you ask???

A Dr. Porsche 1930's vintage VW Beetle prototype...

It had no rear window.....

$ 3.00 US.
scotty b
pray.gif MUST HAVE !!!
Katmanken
What's the difference between that and a VW bug?

Here's the VW w30 next to a small 1950's vintage Beetle Cop car that I bought as a kid. It used to be green and white with a blue bubble on top.

That little VW beetle is actually solid metal and weighs a lot. Note the o-ring rubber tires...
Katmanken
Now, here's the new red Ferrari....

And my previous yellow one.

Back ends open to show the engines...
Katmanken
Scotty, those red wheels and whitewalls were so you. I knew you would like it.
Dr Evil
I picked up a better painted, Lesny series, red Thing, and a similar Jag smile.gif

Kenny, you have all the luck with the abnormal ones. I like that v30.
Katmanken
Passed on the new Mini. British racing green, black and white checked roof.

Maybe next time. Somebody got a XKE jag in BRG that I was coveting until I got some money.

To me, $3.00 is a big expense.
914four
QUOTE(kwales @ Apr 30 2010, 06:00 PM) *

What's the difference between that and a VW bug?

Here's the VW w30 next to a small 1950's vintage Beetle Cop car that I bought as a kid. It used to be green and white with a blue bubble on top.

That little VW beetle is actually solid metal and weighs a lot. Note the o-ring rubber tires...

You should restore the solid metal VW beetle to its original condition. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.