Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Katmanken
Ruh Roh.....

Went looking for a pic of a painted Schuco VW police car....

And I found these tiny Schuco 914's......

The RUH Roh is about the CREAMSICLE version....

Dr Evil
The creamsicle is very cool smile.gif
Dr Evil
Here are some that may make some of you want smile.gif I know these will hit Drew's VW spot poke.gif

Micro machines I picked up at the Porsche swap
Click to view attachment

A VW W12 concept car that I got an a multi pack
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Some other micro machines that were in the pack
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Some 911s that I got in combo packs recently smile.gif
Click to view attachment

The special addition Thing smile.gif
Click to view attachment

A bitchen splitty I got at the Porsche swap
Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
Meyers Manx. This one was cool enough to need two so I could have one in the packaging. The back of the packaging is informative.
Click to view attachment

Special Jag. Love the lines smile.gif
Click to view attachment

El Camino that was in a combo pack. I like these, cant explain why.
Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
You the man Hier Doctor! I have both those Micro Machine packs! Love those VW's!!! The wife accidently saw a box of my cars in the garage yesterday and she just gave me "THE LOOK"! I gave her my usual answer, "when I'm dead you can sell everything to pay some bills". She said okay dry.gif sad.gif huh.gif

Haven't made it to Walmart these last few weeks. Been working on the Teener. She was started today! Now that she is almost done for this driving season I can get back to fighting with the kids in the Hotwheel/Matchbox aisle! chair.gif ar15.gif hissyfit.gif w00t.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(kwales @ May 1 2010, 10:39 AM) *

Ruh Roh.....

Went looking for a pic of a painted Schuco VW police car....

And I found these tiny Schuco 914's......

The RUH Roh is about the CREAMSICLE version....

I've been going to that website for years! Before the internet I used to get his catalogs in the mail! The wife hates to see that website on the computer screen. It always means money is being spent! biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(kwales @ Apr 30 2010, 03:55 PM) *

OK boyz,

Once again you failed to stop the Kenny from stalking the toy departments for small diecast cars....

Since I gots 6 or so of the teeners, I passed on the expensive Matchbox car combos with the 914.

However, I did score a Hotwheels Ferrari 512 in a combo box. It was red and wouldn't stop calling. Particularly since the box was 40% off.

Now, the real score.....

A Greenlight VW w30. What's a VW w30 you ask???

A Dr. Porsche 1930's vintage VW Beetle prototype...

It had no rear window.....

$ 3.00 US.

It also had wooden floor's, Suicide doors, a glass firewall and IIRC 16 inch wheels. If you think about it, All VW bugs are really Porsche! The doctor designed and built the motor and body.

I have a red and blue one of those. I don't have black though!!!!!
Andyrew
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 2 2010, 09:25 PM) *

Cant tell from the side, what year is it supposed to be? Dads is a 72SS... Which combo pack was this?
Dr Evil
Its a 70 SS and was in a 10 pack with a 911GT and some other goodies.
zymurgist
I have friends whose 5 year old is having a birthday soon. I went to Walmart to get some orange Hot Wheels track and look what I found...

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 3 2010, 06:13 AM) *

I have friends whose 5 year old is having a birthday soon. I went to Walmart to get some orange Hot Wheels track and look what I found...

Click to view attachment

The collector pack was posted a while back....I've only seen one store that had them....
BTW.....looks like the good Dr. Evil now has a "Jones"...... lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
We just picked up the collector pack in Pleasanton Walmart since Buddy destroyed the only single 914 I kept...

BTW if you lick or suck on the car... the silver wheel paint comes off and if you toss the car around in a bucket with other cars, the paint chips off rather easily (info courtesy of Buddy - my 3 yr old)... lol-2.gif
Socalandy
I thought these only came in green. current score...

12 green
1 yellow aktion035.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Damn it! I wonder if yellow is the third or second color release? I was hoping for silver. I wonder if the two greens are counted as one, possible screw up? Matchbox usually releases in three colors.
flipb
QUOTE(Socalandy @ May 4 2010, 03:29 PM) *

I thought these only came in green. current score...

12 green
1 yellow aktion035.gif

WANT WANT WANT!!!!!

I must find the yellow one.
Dr Evil
Aw great. How long until the yellow ones show up over this way?
Socalandy
Well the guy a purchased it from admitted that it was opened and painted, then resealed ohmy.gif

what a craftsman, no way to tell it was opened. Save you gas as you wont find one in the stores.
zymurgist
Yeah, great job on the (re)packaging. Had me going.
Dr Evil
Asshole tongue.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 4 2010, 09:13 PM) *

Asshole tongue.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Had me going too!!!
GTPatrick
Well folks , I finally came across 2 914 Matchbox cars here in Memphis at a Toys "r Us . both of them were in a dark green , say a dark apple green or dark lime green color . beer.gif

Y'all may want to check our Toys 'r Us as a possible source . Now all I have to do is modify one into a 70's IMSA 914 race car . Being involved with IMSA/SCCA at Road Atlanta , I'll have to check my photo collection for a good color scheme .

Anyone find one in other than a green or yellow scheme ??? confused24.gif

GTP smoke.gif
mipstien
found in kmart today. only 1 green couldn't find any others.

IPB Image
zymurgist
Toys R Us coughed up another one this week.
nsr-jamie
I bought one in Japan of all places, yes JAPAN!! For 300 Yen at a custom car show this weekend!! Excellent !!
Sleepin
Found a few more that interested me:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

This one can fix itself.... blink.gif
IPB Image
underthetire
I finally got a 914. Thanks Lennie ! I did just pick up a Safari type 181 and a GT3
Socalandy
Not a hotwheel but a cool find biggrin.gif
Socalandy
more
Socalandy
got one of these Eric? laugh.gif
zymurgist
drooley.gif Very nice!
Socalandy
here's a green one on Evilbay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-High-Speed-1-43-Di...=item4aa16b6efa
BigDBass
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 4 2010, 03:13 PM) *

Always love the $15+ shipping on a $1 item! Almost standard practice these days.
scotty b
Found this yesterday at a drag race event. ( pinks all out in Dinwiddie ) I found a couple more VW's last week while in Nags head. I have them at the shop and will try to remember to gets pics. 2 of them I had not seen before. All are Jada's including this Ghia
campbellcj
Found a green Matchbox at an LAX (airport) gift stand this past week. Only $1.99
scotty b
shades.gif
zymurgist
drooley.gif

OMG Scotty! Well, I know at least one stop on my motorcycle tour this weekend. To Walmart.
zymurgist
I didn't see any 914s at Walmart, but I did find a different mid-engine lightweight.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Scott, stop messing with my emotions tongue.gif I aint a gonna fall for that trick twice, I know you put that 914 in there rolleyes.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 15 2010, 09:25 PM) *

Scott, stop messing with my emotions tongue.gif I aint a gonna fall for that trick twice, I know you put that 914 in there rolleyes.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Kansas 914

shades.gif

OR... (and yes I know the scale is off but is all I had)

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
Two things to report or ask

#1) Is there a new color out now for the matchbox 914? Perhaps a very dark green color?

#2) They have just been released in Japan throught the Walmart subsidary shops in Japan AKA Seiyu.....I bought 2 of them in the newer slightly brighter green....but the backing cards are totally different than the US versions and quite a bit smaller too....interesting!!

Seem to be different versions for various parts around the world

I can post pics of my collection of US, Canada and Japan versions if needed
solo1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Matchbox-2010-16-PORSC...=item5d28318886

914 matchbox at ebay...
Katmanken
Picked up one more 914 in the store about 2 weeks ago, think the run is over.... sad.gif

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kwales @ Jun 28 2010, 09:22 PM) *

Picked up one more 914 in the store about 2 weeks ago, think the run is over.... sad.gif

Naaa, I picked up 2 more today. Little hint for you, Kroger is carrying them now.

I also saw 4 in one store in those blasted multipacks.
Nürburg Nomad
************** ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!! ****************

You heard it here first, the second official color of the 2010 Matchbox 914 is just now hitting shelves! In what color you ask? Drumroll please..... a very dark green, can anyone say 1970-72 "Irish Green"?

IPB Image

(also I say 2nd official color because the very light green batch that came out first doesn't match those in the neon-green color was not an intentional color varience)

This is great news given your chances of finding a neon green Matchbox 914 from the Feb-March release are next to none unless you find it in the ten pack or your store is hiding old stock. Before you get too excited this dark green 914 is early enough in this batches release that it would only be in 10% of stores at best so you've got a week or two before they really start showing up. They are out there though so I'm eager for whoevers first to take a photo beside the other two green 914 colors.

http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channelad.../062610_027.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-MATTEL-MATCHBOX-1...=item3f00fbbd5f

Some of you may be cringing slightly like myself because you were hoping for a Bahia Red, Signal Orange, or Metallic Silver shade rather than another green but this seems to be a pretty popular casting so I'd bet there's a 3rd color in the works before 2010 is up, or at least I'd hope! Still 914 Irish Green is cool!

By my estimates I could use 10 of these buggers so I'd better get looking! Need more 914s to swap wheels on.... drooley.gif
zymurgist
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

New destinations for motorcycle trips! Yay! biker.gif
type47
What do I do with the 37 Ravenna Green ones I have now? biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 29 2010, 10:59 AM) *

What do I do with the 37 Ravenna Green ones I have now? biggrin.gif

send them all to me so I will have more to give away!
type47
address? smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.