Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
rnellums
The other part to the hotwheels challenge...
\http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mgBVLJsLThQ#!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2012, 07:35 AM) *

Alright, I will go buy them all tonight. I didnt want to plunk down $66 on matchbox cars and have no one interested.

Hi Mike,

If you haven't already gone to TRU for the 6 packs for Donald - I will buy the rest of them. Let me know - no TRU in Durango.......

No need to make a special trip.

Hope all is well - cheers!
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2012, 07:52 AM) *

Here are the left over ones lined up... I am sure I can get these if anyone wants one. $6 plus shipping.

If you can, put one or two away for me here from out in Japan and I can try to get some Japanese hot wheels 914's (if they sell here) and trade you if you are interested?
VegasRacer
The new Hot Wheels is a very strange little car.
VegasRacer
It rolls really smooth.
Dr Evil
Noel went and picked up the remaining 8 packs this afternoon. smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2012, 04:09 PM) *

Noel went and picked up the remaining 8 packs this afternoon. smile.gif

Noel ROCKS!

Let me know how many are not accounted for.

Cheers!
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 3 2012, 06:27 AM) *

The other part to the hotwheels challenge...
\http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mgBVLJsLThQ#!

There is even more than that! He wasn't doing the loop when he crashed in that video!

Crash From Another Angle
Dr Evil
DUDE! Not 914, but bad ass busses with Rockwell picks on them smile.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2012, 09:26 PM) *

DUDE! Not 914, but bad ass busses with Rockwell picks on them smile.gif

I hate you, now I have to add this to my list...
Dr Evil
I found at least 4 at walmart. I bought three. Two for me, one for my homie Scotty B.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2012, 09:55 PM) *

I found at least 4 at walmart. I bought three. Two for me, one for my homie Scotty B.

I checked a Wally world & a couple of Targets this week, but no luck. The Chrome chevy wheels are cool on that bus, 1st time I've seen HW do that style.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2012, 11:55 PM) *

slap.gif sad2.gif
Dr Evil
Aw, Shoe, dont be that way. I dont know what you collect above 914 and STDs.

I have a lot of people contacting me to purchase all of the five packs that are not accounted for. However, there are many that want a pack. So, I know Kansas914, Shoe and Rob914 are down for multiples. Anyone else wanna buy a set? I have a total of 8 up for grabs, if I sell 3 to the aforementioned then that leaves 5.
racerbvd
I have been to 8 different stores the last 2 days, and still no luck, but I did find & buy a 5 pack the the Doc found.
iamchappy
i saw the 914 five pack at the toys r us last week, didnt buy it was there for a plastic wading pool for the dogs.
BK911
I have a few 914s.

Click to view attachment

Which ones am I missing?
I have doubles (and triples) of some of these, so I am open to trades!!

I also have other porsches for trade:

GT2 / turbos
Click to view attachment

GT3 RS / GT3 / GT3 cup / Carreras
Click to view attachment

917 / 956 / 959 / GT1
Click to view attachment

If you see something I dont have, I am open to purchase or trade.
poorsche914
Brian,

Tried to PM you but it didn't go through.

You are missing the blue 914 from the MCCH convention. One is currently on ebay... not cheap but very rare.

steve
driving.gif
mepstein
2 blue ones for sale right now.
racerbvd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 1 2012, 11:57 AM) *

I still need a Blue one..
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Aug 26 2012, 04:29 PM) *

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-914-MATCHB...=item19d4ec76c6

Also, if anyone is in search of the new and very hard to find Hot Wheels Porsche 914-6 in orange, I have access to 3 extra and will be glad to sell/ship them to any fellow member for $5ea. + USPS shipping paid via PayPal. Let me know!
dale73914
Hey,
I would love a Hot Wheels one. Havent seen them here in Australia.
I dont think that one made it here.

Would you be happy to post one to me ??

Cheers,

Dale

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 5 2012, 03:08 PM) *

Also, if anyone is in search of the new and very hard to find Hot Wheels Porsche 914-6 in orange, I have access to 3 extra and will be glad to sell/ship them to any fellow member for $5ea. + USPS shipping paid via PayPal. Let me know!

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 4 2012, 11:08 PM) *

I will take any you have left. See Dale from Australia post first. Thanks.
Nürburg Nomad
Certainly, I've posted 2 of the Exclusive Editions 10-Pack with the Mustard Yellow 914 to Austria last year, and hand delivered a Bright Yellow 914 from the 5-pack to Nagoya Japan this summer so Australia shouldn't be a problem. Would you like 2 of them or just 1? I imagine the shipping won't be super cheap, and I'm re-selling them at cost ($5 each) so buying 2 would make it more worthwhile. Send me a PM with how many you want, your shipping address, and preferred shipping method/carrier and I'll get back to you with a shipping estimate and PayPal email address.

Thanks to Jamie (nsr-jamie) in Japan for keying me in on this new model while I was in Japan or I'd have never been able to snipe them off every shelf in the region! smile.gif I'm posting 2 of the Hot Wheels teener to him as well since this model won't be available internationally or so I've read.

Oh, and I'm expecting my next international adventure to be in New Zealand and perhaps a bit of Australia as soon as next year so be sure to key me in on any Porsche or auto events!?

QUOTE(dale73914 @ Sep 5 2012, 02:36 AM) *

Hey,
I would love a Hot Wheels one. Havent seen them here in Australia.
I dont think that one made it here.

Would you be happy to post one to me ??

Cheers,

Dale

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 5 2012, 03:08 PM) *

Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 5 2012, 08:21 AM) *

I received a number of PMs after my post so I went and bought the 3 I saw stocked yesterday and took a chance to visit 3 other locations and they'd all been stocked with their 1 & only shipment of this batch today! So, I now have 12 from today. (+3 of my own acquired earlier) Though it seems about 6 may already be spoken for. Do you really want any I have left? I may hold onto 2-3 for the upcoming inaugural Rallye Porsche Mariemont event in Cincinnati for fellow 914 World members that show.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 5 2012, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 5 2012, 08:21 AM) *

I received a number of PMs after my post so I went and bought the 3 I saw stocked yesterday (which turned out to be 4!) and took a chance to visit 2 other locations of the same chain and they'd all been stocked with their 1 & only shipment of this batch today! So, I now have 12 from today. (+3 of my own acquired earlier) Though it seems about 6 may already be spoken for. Do you really want any I have left? I may hold onto 2-3 for the upcoming inaugural Rallye Porsche Mariemont event in Cincinnati for fellow 914 World members that show.

Yes sir - I love to hand them out to visitors - but make sure you are covered first. We don't have the chain stores here that might carry them.

Thanks for doing this.
Gustl
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 5 2012, 11:03 PM) *

Certainly, I've posted 2 of the Exclusive Editions 10-Pack with the Mustard Yellow 914 to Austria last year, ...

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif
Nürburg Nomad
914-6's are being shipped out today!
dale73914
Paypalled.

Thanks Gary,

Cheers beerchug.gif

Dale
Nürburg Nomad
Quite welcome! Your 914s should be in hand now or within the week depending on overseas shipment times!
dale73914
my package turned up today. Nicely packed too.

Thank-you very much smile.gif

Cheers

Dale
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(dale73914 @ Sep 18 2012, 08:31 AM) *

my package turned up today. Nicely packed too.

Thank-you very much smile.gif

Cheers

Dale

You're welcome, the 914-6 stocks here have mostly dried up in stores, and all but a few of those I acquired have since been shipped around the world! Now we wait for a 2nd color to be released?! blink.gif

Yet another 914-6 Hot Wheels thread! http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;gopid=1754892
Nürburg Nomad
New 914 diecast is in stores folks... while the far from authentic 914-6 design is a bit suspect, I figured I'd add it to the thread for those interested.

Also of interest... it's $100.00! Well, to be specific is 1 of 5 exclusive cars only available in a 30-car set sold exclusively at Wal-Mart for $100.

IPB Image

Also available online: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Wheels-Boule...-of-30/21777254

IPB Image

Lastly, and of more interest and relevance to this thread; confirmed for 2013 is a new color of the Matchbox Porsche 914 seen the last few years in various shades of green, yellow, orange, red, and the elusive blue. biggrin.gif Eight different 9-car packs will be released during 2013, each with 8 regular cars & 1 exclusive painted car, and 1 of these will be the 1972 914... when it will hit shelves is uncertain, anywhere between 1 and 12 months from now? So keep an eye out and post here if you see it! Perhaps it's time for an ivory white model?

Though, it also seems there will only be basic decals limited to the top side of each exclusive car, including a "60th Anniversary" logo somewhere on the top of the 914 like what's seen on the Austin Cooper below. So the absence of painted tail lights & "914" badge on the back is certain.
IPB Image
carr914
Here's the cabinet I built to hold some of my carrs

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Most of the shops near me, (wally world, TRU, etc) only ever seem to have 1 or 2 matchbox cars in stock, the rest are all HotWheels. I figured the brand was dying.

Looks like i need to find a blue one.
I don't think I'll be spending $100 for the green HW. Their model is really wonky... Like what a 914 would look like to someone that had never seen one.

Zach
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 15 2012, 04:59 PM) *

Most of the shops near me, (wally world, TRU, etc) only ever seem to have 1 or 2 matchbox cars in stock, the rest are all HotWheels. I figured the brand was dying.

Looks like i need to find a blue one.
I don't think I'll be spending $100 for the green HW. Their model is really wonky... Like what a 914 would look like to someone that had never seen one.

Zach

Yep, a combination of Mattel cutting back on Matchbox $ (in production volume, design, and licensing $ for real autos) and stores with slow moving inventory could lead one to that assumption. I read the Lesney 914 was in the last batch of steel chassis Matchbox with the upcoming '60th' series having plastic bases.

I agree, if I had a green 914 I might be more compelled to obtain one but yes, it's a bit of a circus freak... Looks like 1 is available at this instant for $15+ shipping on ebay for anyone interested!

trojanhorsepower
OK so I was able to get one of the weird green cars out of the set. I would like to unpackage one of the orange Boulevard cars and reseal the green one in its place. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Thank you
mepstein
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Nov 27 2012, 08:21 PM) *

OK so I was able to get one of the weird green cars out of the set. I would like to unpackage one of the orange Boulevard cars and reseal the green one in its place. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Thank you

Vin swich?
ScoopLV
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Nov 15 2012, 11:37 AM) *

Also of interest... it's $100.00! Well, to be specific is 1 of 5 exclusive cars only available in a 30-car set sold exclusively at Wal-Mart for $100.

Has anyone pulled the LS1 engine out of the Matchbox Corvette and dropped it into the 914? stirthepot.gif
trojanhorsepower
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 27 2012, 08:50 PM) *

Thank you

Vin swich?

Ouch. That seems uncalled for.
Nürburg Nomad

Thank you

Looks like your the first World member to have your hands on one. Now lets see a photo next to the orange 914-6?
trojanhorsepower
OK, Here they are.
Nürburg Nomad
Good comparison shots!

Now... who else is ready for what is rumored as possibly the LAST re-colour of the Matchbox 914? This metallic light blue 914 will be exclusive to 1 of 8 different 2013 9-packs; the 914 being the only exclusive car in the pack with matching blue-914 themed packaging! So to clarify, this model will NOT be available individually, only in the 9-pack for $10-$12 USD. The rear deck lid includes PORSCHE script as seen and the Matchbox '60th Anniversary' logo, no painted headlights or taillights, obviously the serial number on the hood will be absent, but it's unclear if the windshield frame will correctly be painted body colour like previous Matchbox 914 models.

Also, as of today it has not been released, 3 of 8 sets are out but no 914... though it may be next!

driving.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
Images courtesy of the Lamley Group
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Nov 27 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Thank you

Vin swich?

It's pretty funny though, I guess you have to have been around here for a few years before you get the humor... lol-2.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 8 2013, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Nov 27 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Thank you

Vin swich?

It's pretty funny though, I guess you have to have been around here for a few years before you get the humor... lol-2.gif

Just read my scotty b - build thread.
Dr Evil
Hey guys,

Sorry I let this fall to the side. I have a stack of the 5 packs with the yellow one in them. Still for sale. $10ea + actual shipping.
914outlaw
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 26 2013, 07:15 PM) *

Hey guys,

Sorry I let this fall to the side. I have a stack of the 5 packs with the yellow one in them. Still for sale. $10ea + actual shipping.

PM sent
Dr Evil
One sold smile.gif Many more available!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 26 2013, 09:25 PM) *

One sold smile.gif Many more available!

Pretty sure I asked for one of these many months ago. Save me one and I will pick it up at Hershey. Thank you my good man.

Shoe
Ferg
Saw this over on the Bird Board, looks like a new edition is on the shelves.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.