Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
zymurgist
...none at Target in College Park either...
Gint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 11 2010, 12:38 AM) *
Great, I am friggen hooked dry.gif

av-943.gif That's what happened to me too. I've got a couple of Hot Wheels around the house that the kids have bought for me over the years, but only a few. But when I rolled in and finally found the 914 at $.97, I couldn't help myself!

This thread sure took off didn't it? I never expected it when I posted it originally. One my coworkers is a hot wheels/matchbox freak and told the 914 freak about the 914 coming out.
Kansas 914
WINGO!!

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 10 2010, 11:38 PM) *

Great, I am friggen hooked dry.gif

I found 3 more Things, all blue, I bought two, another TR6 that was in a shorty package, two Carrera GTs (I found 6), a Datsun 510, and a blue Ford GT LM. All of these were 09 models.

THEN, I saw a cool mini cooper in a 10 pack with an Audi RT8 and a vista cruiser, and a 5 pack with a Cobra, Carrera, and GT40. Great, now I am addicted rolleyes.gif

There is a green type 181 (thing) but I've only seen it in the 5 pack and I can't wait for the Matchbox Late model single windshield VW bus.

Click on it Dr. Evil, I double dog dare you!!! You've already crossed over to the dark side!

Late model VW bus Link

If the link doesn't work Here you go;

Click to view attachment

Good luck everyone. I'm always on the hunt and putting department managers on the payroll! Couldn't convince the Walmart guy but the Kmart girly is cool and has my number (strictly business of course, where's the pimp daddy smilie?)
Katmanken
I've seen the VW Things in green and orange single packs.
buhs914
I got mine!! Could only find one though confused24.gif
Click to view attachment

I wish it was phoenix red colored
Dr Evil
Drew,

I bought the 3 pack with the bus in it today. I also found a Ferrari 250 GTO smile.gif

All of the Things that I am finding are blue. I hit a TRU and WM today and no joy.
type47
No joy at the Dulles Town Center Wal-mart this morning. Hey, could someone post the UPC numbers (12 digit barcode number)? Maybe one could call the retail store and ask them to do a computer check of the UPC number instead of wasting gas going from store to store..... and the next time I see that Matchbox fork-lift, I'm gettin' it biggrin.gif
Katmanken
Evil,

Want an orange thing?

I can get one and bring it to the tranny clinic.
ws91420
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 12 2010, 10:39 AM) *

No joy at the Dulles Town Center Wal-mart this morning. Hey, could someone post the UPC numbers (12 digit barcode number)? Maybe one could call the retail store and ask them to do a computer check of the UPC number instead of wasting gas going from store to store..... and the next time I see that Matchbox fork-lift, I'm gettin' it biggrin.gif

UPC won't work, it is the same for all Matchbox in that assortment.
poorsche914
I searched Big Lots, Kmart and Walmart TWICE and found no 914s.
But I did find Type 181 (there were half a dozen blue ones - I got two), the Triumph in green and silver, Datsun 510 (LOTS of those), a Mini Cooper, a Carrera GT, a VW 5-pak and a BATMOBILE!!!

IPB Image
Dr Evil
Ken, heck ya I want an orange Thing smile.gif Thanks!

I wish I could have found the mini separately. I bought it in a 10 pack. I now have about 10 cars that I dont care for and no fireworks happy11.gif
Sleepin
One good thing about having a K-mart stuck right between two Walmarts....the K-mart had an excellent stock of new 2002 Hot Wheels and Matchbox, and some cool Rick Astley tapes.... blink.gif

No 914's though, so I picked up a TR6, 510, Cayenne and a V8 Vega! biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
av-943.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 12 2010, 02:57 PM) *

....the K-mart had an excellent stock of new 2002 Hot Wheels and Matchbox, and some cool Rick Astley tapes.... blink.gif

So you now have the market cornered on Rick Astley tapes?

Click here to RickRoll yourself: Cool 914 Video
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 11 2010, 01:00 PM) *

I've seen the VW Things in green and orange single packs.

kwales,

If you can get them, I'll buy them from you. Orange and Green.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 11 2010, 09:12 PM) *

Drew,

I bought the 3 pack with the bus in it today. I also found a Ferrari 250 GTO smile.gif

All of the Things that I am finding are blue. I hit a TRU and WM today and no joy.

Sweet score on the bus! Your one up on me. There are 4 colors of the Ferrari 250 GTO (Black, Red, yellow and Blue).
scotty b
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 12 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Evil,

Want an orange thing?

Ken could you get 2 orange things please ? I'd like one and I can't seem to find any around here.

I finally did some looking today, totally expected to find a wealth of teeners and make fun of you all but I got none. sad.gif I did however have about 6 others in my hand and decided to put them all back. I gave up buying toys a couple years ago, because my collection was getting out of hand. Now you asshats have me at it again! I had a Jeep Scrambler, Carrera GT, Baja bug, Ferrari GTO, Mooneyes salt flat car, and a Ducati 1090 in my grips for a good 20 minutes while I searched for the elusive 914. Put them all back. headbang.gif
EdwardBlume
120 miles, 6 Walmarts, and no 914s.

I quit.
flipb
FWIW, both the Kingstowne Wal-Mart and Springfield Target had plenty of Matchbox, but no 914s.

(VA)
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 12 2010, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 12 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Evil,

Want an orange thing?

Ken could you get 2 orange things please ? I'd like one and I can't seem to find any around here.

I finally did some looking today, totally expected to find a wealth of teeners and make fun of you all but I got none. sad.gif I did however have about 6 others in my hand and decided to put them all back. I gave up buying toys a couple years ago, because my collection was getting out of hand. Now you asshats have me at it again! I had a Jeep Scrambler, Carrera GT, Baja bug, Ferrari GTO, Mooneyes salt flat car, and a Ducati 1090 in my grips for a good 20 minutes while I searched for the elusive 914. Put them all back. headbang.gif

Go back and get me the GTO wink.gif I have a yellow one and need one more so I can pull one out of the packaging biggrin.gif

I hit a wally world tonight and the whole section was bare. Not even the hangers. Maybe they are restocking them?

As for Things, I am looking for any that are not blue smile.gif
Dr Evil
I think that we should start submitting wish lists here so that we can help each other with our collections smile.gif

- Ferrari 250 GTO (any color)
- VW Thing, any color besides blue and orange as I have those covered.
- 64 Mini cooper
- Willys Jeep with the triangular civil defense logo
- Any VW air cooled, particularly buses
Dr Evil
Oh ya, I can score anyone the TR6, Datsun 510, Carerra GT, Blue Thing.

Probably others as well. Ask away and I will start looking smile.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 13 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Oh ya, I can score anyone the TR6, Datsun 510, Carerra GT, Blue Thing.

Probably others as well. Ask away and I will start looking smile.gif

Good idea on the Wish List. Here's mine:

914 (still looking)
non-blue Thing
any Ghia

The 510, Carrera GT, green TR6 and Blue Thing are in abundant supply it seems.
I also saw a couple of the Austin Mini Vans. Looks like the same wheels as on the 914.
IPB Image
wayne1234
Well I have been to all the area wall-marts and meijer several times,No 914 !! But I did find a Mercedes SLR that I modified to look like the wife's slk350 I though I would share my OCD I shaved the side vents and painted it with some touch up paint and a air brush, chopped the top and here it is, since other are posting non 914 I dont feel guilty, yeah I may have a problem biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
wayne1234
Man I though I had kicked this habit a few years ago but I guess I'm back at it biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
wayne1234
Click to view attachment

The real one, Its pretty close I think

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
I have one Orange VW Thing I picked up today if anyone wants it. I got four, all they had that color, but Doc wants three.....PM/Email me...My cost with tax it is $1.05 plus whatever USPS wants to get it to you....
EDIT: Last VW Thing has been sold......
Click to view attachment
Lou W
Looks good beerchug.gif
KaptKaos
This isn't good.

In the past 2 weeks I have bought the following:

Purple Ghia
Orange Thing (Hot wheels version)
XK120SE Red
XK120SE Silvery
Green Mini Cooper
Blue XKE
Green TR6
Silver TR6
AAR Hemi Cuda - Purple
White Mustang Fastback

I think I am leaving out a car or two. My kids keep wanting to play with them, so I put them on the top of a high shelf. Not sure it will help.

I am looking for a bunch more now too. Ugh!!!
Dr Evil
I know the TRU in York off of 30 has about 4 Ghias. If anyone wants one, PM Vacca Rabite. That is his hood.
Dr Evil
Two of the three orange things I got are for Scotty B, one is for me to add to the one that Kenny is bringing me smile.gif Just so no one thinks I am being greedy wink.gif
tod914
Mike there is a 5 & dime store here that has some hotwheels vws. I seen a flatbed bus and couple others. Type 3's I think. Want me to pick any up if they are still there?
Nana's_914
Told my gf about the matchbox 914s being out and look what she got me... wub.gif
Click to view attachment
Katmanken
OK Evil, I gots yer orange thing....

But when I came to at the checkout, there was a yellow 61 Jag XKE in my hand,

a chrome silver (or mebbe polished die cast) Ford GT with blue stripes...

And, my real prize? A 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA in white..... blink.gif wub.gif A neighbor has one- on jackstands. The GTA was a nice looking sports coupe body (by Bertone) plopped on the same chassis as my Dad's 67 Berlina 4 door.

Evil, is that yer van? Haven't found it yet.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 13 2010, 10:32 PM) *

Mike there is a 5 & dime store here that has some hotwheels vws. I seen a flatbed bus and couple others. Type 3's I think. Want me to pick any up if they are still there?

Hell yes! Thanks happy11.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 14 2010, 12:15 AM) *

And, my real prize? A 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA in white..... blink.gif wub.gif A neighbor has one- on jackstands. The GTA was a nice looking sports coupe body (by Bertone) plopped on the chassis as my Dad's 67 Berlina 4 door.

That Alpha is cool smile.gif

That is the bus I have, but I am looking for an individual one, not the one in the 5 pack.

This is so much more therapeutic than buying real cars. I feel so much better this way smile.gif
nsr-jamie
Do the 914's only come in green? The other cars have color varations but none for the 914? Tangerine would be fantastic if they had them or maybe plan them in the future....
Sleepin
I am sure that once the '10 New Model is done with it's run, that Mattel will produce the 914 in other colors. Hopefully they are tracking the success of the sale of these.

Now I wish I knew how many were produced and how many are owned by actual 914 owners. Time for a Matchbox 914 VIN Registry! lol-2.gif
KaptKaos
Here's the current stable:

Click to view attachment

I have more coming too. blink.gif
Sleepin
There for a while I was pretty avidly collecting Hot Wheels. A few years back, I opened them all and turned them over to my daughters. I decided to have a look at all the ones I could find so far.

Porsche collection (minus the NARPs of course):
IPB Image

Original Elise (that my oldest daughter was named after coincidentally):
IPB Image

Meyers Manx:
IPB Image

And the Crown Jewel:
IPB Image

Don't tell me that we need a Toys forum..... idea.gif
zymurgist
No Matchboxes at the K-Mart across from NASA. This is getting old.
Sleepin
A little more digging revealed a spacy '67 21 window:
IPB Image

and a commemorative 1969 Twin Mill done in 1998:
IPB Image
IPB Image

then, when I got back to work, I discovered my new 914 (suprise) had broke down, and I had to call AAA: lol-2.gif
IPB Image
scotty b
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 13 2010, 09:15 PM) *

And, my real prize? A 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA in white..... blink.gif wub.gif A neighbor has one- on jackstands. The GTA was a nice looking sports coupe body (by Bertone) plopped on the same chassis as my Dad's 67 Berlina 4 door.

DAMMIT !!! headbang.gif headbang.gif Ken is the GTA a Matchbox or a Hot wheels ? I hit Toys R Us tonight and the SAME Walmart Welby found his teener in and once again, I had a hend FULL of other cars but no 914, so I put them all back. None shall be bought lest the teener be included blink.gif Gotta find that 21 window too chair.gif
Sleepin
Found most of the collection this evening...getting them to line up for a decent photoshoot was a PITA! mad.gif biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Sleepin
Fun to shoot:
IPB Image
scotty b
So does tilt shifting a pic of a toy car make it look real ?? blink.gif
jt914-6
Pcar916 and I found two 914's each at Target stores today....It's like they only got two per store.....but, we found some.... smilie_pokal.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 14 2010, 07:35 PM) *

So does tilt shifting a pic of a toy car make it look real ?? blink.gif

I noticed that on the macro setting of my camera, they tend to tiltshift themselves. Pretty cool stuff, maybe I should run this through the tiltshift maker.

IPB Image
Dr Evil
I hit two targets and a TRU today. No joy and the ones I am seeing are all lame now.

I did see a 20 pack with a yellow convertible thing in it, and a 10 pack with a cool old jag. Not worth the price to me right now.

I did score a Manx.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.