Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
mepstein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 21 2011, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 21 2011, 07:42 PM) *

I need one of the funny colored green ones. I don't know what color it's called. Sort of washed out looking. I can trade an orange one for it. Mark

Mark, I will trade you 2 of the green ones for an orange one. I can deliver to Hershey.

Shoe

p.s. Let me know which green, light, medium or dark. Hell, never mind, I will bring you one of each color.

Hey, sounds like a plan. I'll see you at Hershey smile.gif
Lou W
Yellow ones are faster shades.gif
Brent
Woohoo. Scored two Orange ones in the Local Target, San Jose. So Sweet as the package graphic car is the 914 on this one, and it stands out compared to the rest.
Dr Evil
I have no orange and plenty of green if anyone else wants to trade smile.gif
Silver72
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 23 2011, 07:30 AM) *

I have a Lensey Red 914-6 if you want it when you are out for the Trans clinic...on the house.
Scott S
Picked up two orange ones yesterday at our local Walmart. Interstingly, the detail is not as good as on the green ones - tail lights are not painted and no rear badge.
mepstein
Smaller card for euro version.
BKLA
Found three lesney #91 914's today at the tillamook Fred Meyer!! No orange ones yet!
mepstein
QUOTE(BKLA @ Mar 24 2011, 02:57 PM) *

Found three lesney #91 914's today at the tillamook Fred Meyer!! No orange ones yet!

If you don't like to drive around, there are a 3 pack of orange ones on ebay for $7 BIN and $3-shipping.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 23 2011, 10:30 AM) *

Mike - I have an orange one for you, no charge, pick up at Hershey. smile.gif
Cupomeat
BTW, I took a good look at the Lensey edition 914 I had and damn, they really did a nice job, it even has rust in the hell hole area... lol-2.gif
nsr-jamie
Some body want to send me 3 of the orange ones to me here in Japan...also looking for another Lesney edition too...dont really have anything to trade but can help you get something from Japan if you need.
dlo914
Willing to trade a dark green and lime green 914 for an orange 914 or red lesney 914. PM or email me @ danlo830@yahoo.com. Thanks!
carr914
Scored my 1st Orange one (besides my custom painted ones) Wednesday smilie_pokal.gif
Brent
Saw the Yellow one in the combo pack. Is it worth the tn dollars? I guess so if never going to release the yellow independently.
poorsche914
I took a trip to Aircooled Heaven this week and stopped at WalMarts and Kmarts along the way. Scored 4 orange 914s, a Lesney Mini, and a '70s VW Bus. Passed on a couple dark green 914s and several Exclusive packs with the yellow 914.

driving.gif

70 914
i hav one xtra mustard yellow (loose) and 3 red lensey edtions still on cards for sale $5 each shipped lower 48
type47
Orange 914's have arrived in NOVA, got some at TRU in Fair Lakes. I also got a Lesney yellow Ghia 'vert at a grocery store (more Lesneys at grocery stores than toy stores). I left 3 or 4 Ghia 'verts at the grocery store; if any one wants one, post here and I'll go back and get them for cost and shipping.
Todd Enlund
Damn Lotus Europa owners need to buy more Lesney editions.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(70 914 @ Mar 26 2011, 05:23 PM) *

i hav one xtra mustard yellow (loose) and 3 red lensey edtions still on cards for sale $5 each shipped lower 48

Lesney? You should bring one over here biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Apr 7 2011, 06:22 PM) *

Damn Lotus Europa owners need to buy more Lesney editions.

Yea, and hearse owners and pick-'em-up owners...
scotty b
I'll be bringing a couple extras to Hershey if anyone here wants to claim one. I have the following

1 Matchbox camo Thing ( jungle explorers )
1 Hot Wheels orange thing
1 Hotwheels blue Thing
1 Hotwheels VW SP2
1 Matchbox purple Ghia
sharper
I'm in Omaha for a family emergency and saw several dark green ones at a couple different Shopkos. Found two Lesney ones at the Walmart on 72nd. Bought one and left the other.
mepstein
Does this count?
hot_shoe914
I can bring some teeners if needed. Haven't scored any extra orange ones yet but have plenty of green, maybe a couple Lesney's or more. Outdoor Sportsman VW busses and if I go dig them out maybe a few Ghias.
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(70 914 @ Mar 27 2011, 09:23 AM) *

Can you ship them to Japan for cheap for me...I would be interested in those
nsr-jamie
Anybody got a blue one they want to trade for something?? I would trade this set of Kyowa Japan cars for a mint blue one on the card

IPB Image
no1uno
anyone willing to trade for a Lesney Edition? I can't seem to find any around here. I could do 2 dk greens and an orange or 2 orange and 1 dk green.
Dr Evil
I have all but the orange ones and am willing to trade. I am keeping the blue one, though.

no1uno, PM me and I will trade you for 2 orange and one dk green.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 14 2011, 10:12 PM) *

I have all but the orange ones and am willing to trade. I am keeping the blue one, though.

no1uno, PM me and I will trade you for 2 orange and one dk green.

Dr. - I'm bringing and orange one to Hershey for you. Mark
brant
how far west have the orange ones gotten
I can't find any orange ones in colorado and I've repeatedly checked about 4 stores

anybody in colorado finding orange, how about kansas, nebraska, wyoming, AZ, CA, etc...
zymurgist
No luck on the orange ones in the Mid-Atlantic. I have a shit-ton of light green, a metric shit-ton of dark green, and a handful of Lesneys. I'll bring some to Hershey.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 15 2011, 07:50 AM) *

how far west have the orange ones gotten
I can't find any orange ones in colorado and I've repeatedly checked about 4 stores

anybody in colorado finding orange, how about kansas, nebraska, wyoming, AZ, CA, etc...

I haven't seen any Orange models in Kansas yet - but my searching is casual.

Good luck - I'm sure they will show up.
brant
I'm going to western kansas today and will check there also
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 15 2011, 08:27 AM) *

Good Luck - I-70 was closed earlier between Wakeeny, KS and Limon, CO - SNOW!
porsche_dreamer
I have found them in Indiana and Ohio.
mepstein
I found them on ebay biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I would like a shit-ton of orange ones smile.gif

I am not bringing ANY to Hershey since you all are.

Jamie, Let me know what you need shipped to Japan and I can get you hooked up. PM is best.
brant
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 15 2011, 07:34 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 15 2011, 08:27 AM) *

Good Luck - I-70 was closed earlier between Wakeeny, KS and Limon, CO - SNOW!

crap..
I didn't see this before I left
I just got back... got turned around near limon and came back
I hear its open now, but I've been in the car nearly 4hours and am done trying for the day.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 15 2011, 01:25 PM) *

crap..
I didn't see this before I left
I just got back... got turned around near limon and came back
I hear its open now, but I've been in the car nearly 4hours and am done trying for the day.

Bummer - I responded within a minute or two - hoping to catch you. Winds are screaming here - very nearly Hurricane force straight line - it's SPRING for Pete's Sake!

Glad you are safe - cheers!
poorsche914
Stopped at local Walgreens and found this Mercedes transporter. Now I have a way to move around my classic toys biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
bdstone914
Orange ones have landed in CA, they are scarce though.
carr914
I must have gotten Lucky when I found an Orange a few weeks ago, because I've been searching since and haven't found another. I have never seen a Lesney in a Store, just friggin Lotus Europas.
poorsche914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 20 2011, 09:01 AM) *
I must have gotten Lucky when I found an Orange a few weeks ago, because I've been searching since and haven't found another. I have never seen a Lesney in a Store, just friggin Lotus Europas.

Same here, TC. I found some orange ones on a trip to GA but still no Lesneys. The local Walmarts STILL have a bunch of Europas and nothing else. dry.gif

driving.gif
type47
I'm visiting my new grandaughter (my sons 3rd) in the UK and of course, had to search for the Matchbox/Lesney 914. I found a dark green one and bought it for my 2 yr old grandaughter (my sons 2nd). Here is a pic of the UK packaging
Click to view attachment
hmm, looks like these are going to be big pix
Kansas 914
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 21 2011, 01:24 PM) *

I'm visiting my new grandaughter (my sons 3rd) in the UK and of course, had to search for the Matchbox/Lesney 914. I found a dark green one and bought it for my 2 yr old grandaughter (my sons 2nd). Here is a pic of the UK packaging
Click to view attachment
hmm, looks like these are going to be big pix

Very cool! It appears to be the same size package as Japan and Mexico. Is the US the only ones to waste the extra cardboard packaging? It is all about marketing.

I also notice it is #16 of 75 in a series. Same as Japan (16/75) - but the US series is #16 of 100. I wonder what models the US got that the ROW did not - I imagine it is on the Mathcbox website.
Loser_Cruiser
No orange in Bellingham, Washington yet.
type47
To my embarrassment, I've never opened any of the ones I've bought huh.gif so here's some pix out of the box.
Click to view attachment
type47
Click to view attachment
Euro taillights?
type47
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.