Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Matchbox lineup to include a 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Gint
I have not researched this myself yet so don't shoot the messenger if none of this pans out. A coworker passed the info along.

This is from: http://www.matchboxclub.com/acatalog/uu.html

7. As in the meantime batch A of 2010 has started when can we expect to receive an overview list of the 2010 Models.

Comments Mattel
The 2010 new tools overview:
1. 2010 Fiskars Karma Hybrid
2. 2008 Holden VE Ute SSV
3. Caterham S500
4. 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon ('08 Rolls Royce Phantom Dropped)
5. 2010 Honda Insight
6. 71 Porsche 914
7. '69 Volvo P1800 S
8. Road Roller (non-licensed)
9. Hazmat Fire Truck (non-licensed)
10. International CXT Brush Fire Truck (replaces Pierce Impel Ladder Truck)
11. Delivery Truck (non-licensed)
12. 1957 GMC Pickup Truck
13. Skid Steer Vehicle (non-licensed)
14. Trophy Truck (non-licensed)
15. 2010 Ford Raptor
16. Truggy
17. '43 Jeep Willys
18. '85 Toyota 4-Runner
19. '08 Yamaha Rhino
20. Ford Transit Connect
underthetire
Group buy ! I want ten !
Richard Casto
Cool! I would probably buy a few myself. smile.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Nov 17 2009, 09:55 AM) *

Cool! I would probably buy a few myself. smile.gif

agree.gif driving.gif
Brent
About time! They have produced 924, 944, 911 galore...My son has them all. I beleive them when I see them, though!
plymouth37
I want one!
ericread
Any chance it will include four tiny jack stands and an oil spot to be placed underneath?
Cupomeat
Do you know if it will have dual Weber carbs, a progressive single or stock FI?

I am concerned that I won't be able to get the 1:72 scale MPS in the future rendering my matchbox 914 undriveable...

ericread
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Nov 17 2009, 10:40 AM) *

Do you know if it will have dual Weber carbs, a progressive single or stock FI?

I am concerned that I won't be able to get the 1:72 scale MPS in the future rendering my matchbox 914 undriveable...

Next someone will be wanting a subie conversion 914... lol3.gif
type47
don't know about conversions, but a 71 could be a real -6 idea.gif biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
As I read further down I saw this;

28 July 2009: Ambassador's Report

New castings
Licenses

Honda Insight
Holden SSV Ute
Fisker Karma
Caterham 7 R500
Volvo P1800
Porsche 914
Rolls Royce Phantom
'57 GMC Pick Up
1940s Willys Jeep (open top)
2010 Ford F150 Raptor
1980s Toyota 4Runner
Pierce Impel Aerial Ladder Truck
Ford Transit Connect
Yamaha Rhino
jt914-6
Maybe we can talk them into doing a M471 option 914 too???
turnaround89
awesome, can't wait to see it
dw914er
I need a silver one...

i got the oil stain ready biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Who's in charge of tracking the release?
6freak
That was done many years ago as well! my Dad has a few of them Matchbox and Hotwheels
Brent
[font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial][font=Arial]

You are saying a 914 was aleready produced by Hot Wheels and I missed it? I've been looking since 1986.
dflesburg
I collected hot wheels from 1968 till now

hot wheels has never had a 914

this will be a first if it happens.

i cant find any more info on it anywhere else.

effutuo101
The question is who will be the first to make it a GT. smile.gif
Dr Evil
Want
blitZ
So, how does one go about obtaining a particular Hot Wheels or Matchbox car? Hang out in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart and duke it out with the kids?
zymurgist
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Nov 19 2009, 09:24 AM) *

There was a Schuco (same size as a Hot Wheels car).
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 19 2009, 09:57 AM) *

So, how does one go about obtaining a particular Hot Wheels or Matchbox car? Hang out in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart and duke it out with the kids?

They usually get out of the way screwy.gif when I come down the toy aisle. I've been collecting VW (84') and Porsche (91'). When certain walmart associates see me going down that aisle they sometimes come over and help me dig through all of them to find whatever I'm looking for. I literally have somewhere in the 100's of them and very many multiples of each. Making up for the lack of, when I was a child!

Edit:
I've also bought from this guy "German Aircooled Scale Models From Germany" He is out of Mission Viejo, Ca. If you like VW or Porsche Scale models, He's the man! He has "Schuco", "Brekina", "Minichamps", "BUB", and "Wiking". Check it out and prepare to have deep pockets! Crap load of options when you search for PORSCHE!!!
jt914-6
I guess as long as you were bigger than the kids there shouldn't be a problem. In my Hot Wheels collection I have: Cayman S, 911 GT-1, Carrera, GT-3 Cup, 959, and a 50th anniversary limited edition collectors edition ADULT set which has a 550 roadster, 930 Turbo, 917, and Boxter. I also have a Carrera GT and a 956 from another maker.....If we can get the model number from Hot Wheels for the 914 maybe we could ask Wal-Mart to order some......

Click to view attachment
tod914
How are the larger size Revel 914's? They look pretty detailed. Anyone know the color options for them? I only seen yellow and metalic blue online.
6freak
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Nov 19 2009, 06:24 AM) *

My Dad has lots of 914`s diecast models i will ask him what the brand names are
Ferg
I collect a few myself, so this is great news. I've got a some of the old chome 911 redline wheel cars. A Matchbox Porsche racing semi with the race cars in back, the Johny Lightning 911 turbo, and the bigger scale matchbox 935. 928 with the rubber wheels, ect ect.

Hard part is hiding them all from my son, who does not quite grasp the concept of not opening them, or playing with them biggrin.gif
jt914-6
Here's the two 914's I have. One is the 25 year from Porsche and the other is the 914-6 winning Le Mans car from DetailCars.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Joe Bob
Gotta love it when Porsche can't even get the fucking wheels right....
bembry
Cool! I've got hot Wheels from the late 60's (somewhere in the house)

BTW. . .I want the P1800 too!
Kansas 914
I have to have a Hot Wheels 914. I have a Checkpoint pinball machine that is Porsche themed (unlicensed) and it has a red Hot Wheels 911 on the playfield - I would love to replace that with a 914... The other die casts I have (Shuco - Playart - Solido - Minichamps - Detail Cars - Minicars) are the wrong scale - though the Minicars is pretty close to Hot Wheels scale.

Click to view attachment

Cheers!
72914S
There is a hot wheel sized (1/87) car by Magic. go to WWW.herpa.com
Kansas 914
QUOTE(72914S @ Nov 19 2009, 04:50 PM) *

There is a hot wheel sized (1/87) car by Magic. go to WWW.herpa.com

I forgot about the Magic - I have that set as well - too small...

They measure 1 3/4" nose to tail - Schuco is 2 1/4" and the MiniCar is 2 1/2".

Okay - back on track - how do we know when this gets released - it appears that it will?
pcar9146guy
I think we all sould go to the link on post # 25 Rico put up and join and vote for the 914!!!! piratenanner.gif
nsr-jamie
I definetely want one or two for sure but not sure if you can get Hot Wheels cars in Japan where I am living now...I have some other 914 cars I would trade with others if they are interested later on when they go on sale.
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 19 2009, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Nov 19 2009, 06:24 AM) *

My Dad has lots of 914`s diecast models i will ask him what the brand names are

hes look`n around to see if he can find them ...he dont remember where he put them
tracks914
I want at least 2 of them....so I can take them apart, restore them and paint them the colour of the 2 real ones I own. That's a restoration project I can complete in less than 1 winter.
Slider
So this is just Matchbox coming out with the 914 not hotwheels.. right i see there is talk of both but i only see information links for Matchbox
MDG
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:03 PM) *

How are the larger size Revel 914's? They look pretty detailed. Anyone know the color options for them? I only seen yellow and metalic blue online.

The 1:18 scale Revell isn't bad; mine was yellow.

I took it apart and painted it Phoenix Red

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MDG @ Nov 20 2009, 11:55 AM) *

That is brilliant - well done!
MDG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 20 2009, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ Nov 20 2009, 11:55 AM) *

That is brilliant - well done!

Thanks. I figured while the 1:1 scale version was apart, taking on a second resto 1/18th the size wouldn't be too bad.

Getting your fingers into the hell hole to treat rust was a bitch though w00t.gif
championgt1
MDG-

That looks great! I have some Olympic blue in a couple spray cans. idea.gif
Cevan
I've got just enough Malaga red in a spray can to do one of those.
MDG
If it's the Revell models you guys are doing make sure you prep the original paint thoroughly; not sure if they bake that finish on or what. A scotchbrite pad works well.

mike
championgt1
Just did a quick search. Appears the 1:18 scale Revell model is NLA. headbang.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Slider @ Nov 20 2009, 10:35 AM) *
So this is just Matchbox coming out with the 914 not hotwheels.. right i see there is talk of both but i only see information links for Matchbox
Oops! My mistake. Serves me right for trying to post here when I should have been working. I'll fix the title. But as I said from the outset, I hadn't researched (or verified for that matter) any of it.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 20 2009, 01:21 PM) *

I'll fix the title.

..but not the spelling? slap.gif

lol-2.gif
tod914
Mike, awesome job on the repaint.
Joe Bob
Wonder if they come with rust?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.