Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cary's 73 1.7 Rustoration Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
tygaboy
cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif

Great to hear!
raynekat
Good to hear that Jack is slowly coming around.
Never knew there was such a problem with kidneys starting back up after a heart procedure.
Guess that's pretty common?
It would be nice if he doesn't have to mess with dialysis in the future.
mlindner
Best wishes for Jack and his family. Our little 914 family is small in some ways and grand in others....Thinking for you Jack.
cary
First time I've been there when the kidney doctor has been in the room. She too is adamant the kidneys are going to start back up.
Dyalisis is now every other day. Criatinin level is dropping slowly.
Even without dyalisis.

Brought back a little steak and baked potato from Outback. With the kidney doc's blessing. Right now he's finishing up his chocolate ice cream.

Now I'll give you some scary reading. The surgery was called Open Triple A.
Mikey914
Glad to hear it went well, I'm sure he'll want back in the shop soon. Get lots of rest and get well!
Mark
Cairo94507
Hoping Jack is out of the hospital by Christmas and home soon thereafter. pray.gif
cary
We're all pushing back on the going home until they get his heart rate under control. The last thing we want is for him to fall down at 87 years old.
We'll just keep the tree watered...................

We do have a scheduled bed/slot at the dialysis center in Newberg. 6 miles from home.
cary
Super In Law Update :

Had big scare yesterday morning. At 5:45 I was awaken from a sound sleep by the ringing of the cell phone. Not Good .My sister in law says hes not himself and they think he might be or have had a stroke. Tears start flowing ..........So we scramble to get dressed and head to the hospital. On the way the sister in law lets us know he's heading for a CT scan. Thinking the worst, praying for the best ......................

I walk in the door and there he is with a big grin on his face ...........
He lost another hour in his life ......................

So CT shows nothing ................... Basically he had whats called a TIA. Which stopped his blood flow, but a clot didn't stop in his brain. piratenanner.gif
We've put off blood thinners as long as we can. He started them to day. We'll just have to more careful in Forest Grove.

So we'll be having a White Coat Christmas ......................
Sound's like he'll be released Tuesday. 1. Get the thinners dialed in. 2. See if the new cocktail gets his heart rate down. It's come down from 130 to 100 has the surgery heals. 3. Kidneys are still the same. Still has function, just not enough.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.
Merry Christmas to All .....................
ConeDodger
Cary,
I’ll be up this next week with The next Whitesell project. If you need anything hauled up, the back of the truck is empty. Using one of those fancy 914Rubber tow bars.

Going to look at coming up through Susanville and the National Parks unless those roads are closed, if they are closed, through Sacramento and up I5.

Kidneys like it better if the repair to the aneurysm is below the kidneys. This way, the machine that oxygenates And cleans the blood during the surgery is including the kidneys. Kidneys don’t like no blood flow. Glad to hear SIL is improving.

Let me know if there’s anything in my path that needs a ride...
raynekat
Still hoping for the best for Super in Law.
Enjoy your Christmas, and we'll look forward to increasingly better news on his health during this coming week.

QUOTE(cary @ Dec 24 2017, 04:11 PM) *

Super In Law Update :

Had big scare yesterday morning. At 5:45 I was awaken from a sound sleep by the ringing of the cell phone. Not Good .My sister in law says hes not himself and they think he might be or have had a stroke. Tears start flowing ..........So we scramble to get dressed and head to the hospital. On the way the sister in law lets us know he's heading for a CT scan. Thinking the worst, praying for the best ......................

I walk in the door and there he is with a big grin on his face ...........
He lost another hour in his life ......................

So CT shows nothing ................... Basically he had whats called a TIA. Which stopped his blood flow, but a clot didn't stop in his brain. piratenanner.gif
We've put off blood thinners as long as we can. He started them to day. We'll just have to more careful in Forest Grove.

So we'll be having a White Coat Christmas ......................
Sound's like he'll be released Tuesday. 1. Get the thinners dialed in. 2. See if the new cocktail gets his heart rate down. It's come down from 130 to 100 has the surgery heals. 3. Kidneys are still the same. Still has function, just not enough.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.
Merry Christmas to All .....................

cary
Peed like a race horse this am. Dyalisis has been postponed.
Sounds like we'll be going home tomorrow.

This is like the Hallmark Channel.......
Ho Ho Ho ..... Merry Christmas
Mueller
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 25 2017, 12:18 PM) *

Peed like a race horse this am. Dyalisis has been postponed.
Sounds like we'll be going home tomorrow.

This is like the Hallmark Channel.......
Ho Ho Ho ..... Merry Christmas

Missed all this drama in this thread somehow...glad the outcome is positive!

Congrats!
rhodyguy
Excellent. I bet a good pee in the AM put a smile on his face.
steuspeed
Great news!
tygaboy
santa_smiley.gif smilie_pokal.gif cheer.gif
Great news!
bbrock
Woohoo!!! w00t.gif Man what a roller coaster. Glad to hear the good news.
raynekat
Excellente!
cary
Click to view attachment

I am Your Father In Law

Santa brought him a Miller T 94 welding helmet.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 26 2017, 03:45 AM) *

I am Your Father In Law

"My Santa" must shop at the same store - I also got a Miller welding helmet for Christmas smile.gif

Good news on Super-In-Law, Cary! Best for 2018 piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
Glad to hear that. I love the picture and caption too. welder.gif
cary
He's home and sleeping in his own bed ..................
raynekat
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 27 2017, 08:48 PM) *

Great to hear that.
tygaboy
cheer.gif
Cary - thanks for the regular updates on Jack. SO GREAT to hear he's back home.
Wish him the Happiest of New Years for us!
AZBanks
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 27 2017, 09:48 PM) *

Tell him to stop being a lazy bum, get up, and get to work. Those cars aren't going to fix themselves! smash.gif

jk.

It is great to hear that he is making good progress on recovery. Reading about Jack and the things you two do together is inspiring.
bbrock
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Dec 28 2017, 10:43 AM) *

Reading about Jack and the things you two do together is inspiring.

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif smash.gif
LowBridge
this is great news.. thanks for the update and hoping for a speedy recovery
Cairo94507
So very glad to hear that. I hate hospitals and when I end up in one, I want my wife to get me out of there as quickly as possible. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 26 2017, 12:45 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I am Your Father In Law

Interesting tidbit on the t94 is that it actually counts arc time.. Its helpful for billing time .

Glad super in law is getting healthy.
cary
At shop working on Taylor's car. Noon.
I texted and asked if he'd got out of bed.

Nope but he ate a Big Breakfast .
Big glass of V8 and a banana split ...........
Sister In Law was going out to get a Giant big of beef jerky.
warpig
Glad to see Jack is home now piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
Just in time for New Year celebrations cheer.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif beerchug.gif
cary
Post hospital visit doctors appointment :

Yesterday was his first doctors appointment. I'm happy to say he's 100% functional and 100% on the recovery schedule.

A little slow for my liking. I'm trying to be patient. Lots of sleeping. But his appetite seems to be coming back which will help. Needs fuel ..........

My son and sister in law got his Fit-Bit heart rate monitor synced with his tablet.
Got the monitor for the shop so he can see where hes at when he gets carried away. He's not to keen on wearing a watch, as he calls it.

I tidied up his tablet and put 914 World Garage and his Gmail on his desktop.
When its up and moving around more I'll let out his email address.

Took yesterday off to work on my bulk parts and hardware bins. My Winzer rep stopped by and took down all the info for my initial order and bin labels.
Plan is to have every non power train nut, bolt, clip and do-dad at my finger tips.
Today is hopefully finishing up Mike's tranny swap. That morphed into new SS fuel lines, fuel pump relocate and 75+ door, re hose and reboot engine, tidy up hell hole, rebuild half shafts, install catch can.
Today : R & R and bubble flare fuel lines. Hose and install tank. Install half shafts. Finish Pertronix install. Install and fire up engine.
Mark timing marks on fly wheel and fan.

tygaboy
So AWESOME that things are returning to "normal" poke.gif at MiddleMotors!
Big hug to Jack for us.
Cairo94507
Very glad to hear that. Jack is a lucky guy to have you looking after him. Best wishes and Cheers. beerchug.gif
mepstein
I’m trying to do the same (similar, cheaper) thing at my house. Too many group buy parts and small pieces to keep track of. I hate going through multiple boxes to find a part, so HF is helping to provide a low cost solution. 2 to start, need a couple more.
rick 918-S
Nice the read good news! Take it slow for awhile.
cary
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 5 2018, 04:06 PM) *

I hate going through multiple boxes to find a part

That was starting to put me in a bad mood.

Mine is two part. One, to save time. Two, I can't sell the part if I can't find it. mad.gif
Hopefully I'll have enough bins and drawers.
cary
Super In Law (Jack) update.

Everything is going well and on schedule. Spends most of the day in his recliner sitting in the window reading on his tablet.
We've both had a chest cold for a month so he's still pretty weak. But he has just about shook it off ..
Weened off most meds. 1/2 a Warfrin every other day. Primarily post op blood clot safety. Probably 120 days.

All is good. I don't see any issues with attending WCR.
raynekat
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 28 2018, 09:39 AM) *

Super In Law (Jack) update.

Everything is going well and on schedule. Spends most of the day in his recliner sitting in the window reading on his tablet.
We've both had a chest cold for a month so he's still pretty weak. But he has just about shook it off ..
Weened off most meds. 1/2 a Warfrin every other day. Primarily post op blood clot safety. Probably 120 days.

All is good. I don't see any issues with attending WCR.

Good to hear that about Jack.
I'm sure after Super Bowl Sunday, he'll be off and running. wink.gif
Cairo94507
Great to hear. Slow and steady wins the race.
cary
I figured it was time for a update on Super In Law (Jack).
As far as I'm concerned its going to slow. But he's sharp as a tack, but moving pretty slow. Down to only Warfarin twice a week (post op safety).
Problem has been low blood pressure and too high of heart rate. Kind of tough to med that.
But yesterday they do an EKG. Whats happening is, his heart is double pumping which creates the high rate numbers, Plus it doesn't fill the valves all the way which is causing the lack of energy and breath. Hopefully we're on to something. Cardilogist appointment got moved next week, was end of April.
He's pretty excited that found they something.
But I get home from Forest Grove late and we watched 3 episodes of GunSmoke. For you whipper snappers, thats Marshall Dillon. At one time the longest running TV show, twenty years.
bbrock
Thanks for the update. Hopefully the cardiologist will have some answers. And let's not forget Festus and Miss Kitty!
cary
I've been a little quiet. Jack is progressing on schedule. Seems awful slow to me.... sad.gif
New cardiologist switched from Warfarin to Eliquis. It's finally lowering his heart rate.
Because of his good progress he went in today some scope work. They went and looked at the valves is his heart. We didn't have an OMG moment. biggrin.gif
If he had no issues or clots the plan was to zap him to try and get his heart rhythm back on track. We were told they'd try it three times and if didn't work they'd have to stop.
Train was back on the track after one zap ...................

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(cary @ Mar 28 2018, 06:14 PM) *

I've been a little quiet. Jack is progressing on schedule. Seems awful slow to me.... sad.gif
New cardiologist switched from Warfarin to Eliquis. It's finally lowering his heart rate.
Because of his good progress he went in today some scope work. They went and looked at the valves is his heart. We didn't have an OMG moment. biggrin.gif
If he had no issues or clots the plan was to zap him to try and get his heart rhythm back on track. We were told they'd try it three times and if didn't work they'd have to stop.

So what your saying is you to Jack in for a Valve Adjustment idea.gif
That is Great News Carry. Can't wait to see him back at the shop!
76-914
That is good news. Modern medicine can be fascinating. beerchug.gif
worn
QUOTE(cary @ Mar 28 2018, 05:14 PM) *

Hard to beat that! Should help him feel more energetic.
Cairo94507
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to both of you back in the shop together and posting. beerchug.gif
raynekat
Why do I think of the old Frankenstein movies when I hear about Jack's heart being zapped?
Good to hear he's getting better slowly.
Yep, need to get the workforce at MiddleMotors up to full power again.
cary
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 29 2018, 10:10 PM) *

Why do I think of the old Frankenstein movies when I hear about Jack's heart being zapped?
Good to hear he's getting better slowly.
Yep, need to get the workforce at MiddleMotors up to full power again.

You got that right ..............
Need to get our engine test stand built and functional. Then on to the fixtures for the frame bench. He'll be busy.

Side note ........... his appetite came back in a big way this am.
tygaboy
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif

Jack is BACK!

(Wording for another t-shirt)
cary
Appetite has been the scary part. He's lost 50 pounds. He's at his high school graduation weight. We'll call it Minnesota farm boy skinny.
Sounds like he's ready for pie , ice cream and candy bars .......... Yeah baby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.