Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nine Fourteen Sex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
914 Ranch
I am currently enjoying a monetary distraction.

Click to view attachment

Such a nice car...

PURMAGRINN once again...
914 Ranch
Trying to make room in the garage for the GT4 and AR decided not to cooperate. Had to order a new fuel pump and it probably won't be here till Saturday. Looking at a new trailer for AR so she will have covered space.
I really want to A/X so it looks like it will be in the GT4, I think that there is one in Lake County on the 5th but not sure, I will check it out tomorrow.
Twenty thousand views, I really think I need to pay more attention to the AR.
914 Ranch
New fuel pump came in today and I installed it but I didn't check it yet. If I get home and find that it works she is coming out of the garage.
914 Ranch
She is blowing a circuit breaker so I'm relocating the power lead to the fuel pump. I'm going to take the power from the battery positive terminal and use an inline fuse. I believe I still will have to much current being drawn from a circuit somewhere but if it stops blowing the breaker l can look for that later.
914 Ranch
It's not that I am not working on her it's just that I am not making any progress on what I am working on.

Click to view attachment

I've had a loss of power to several systems and am hunting it down. May have a bad relay.
Or I may not have done it correctly in the beginning.
914 Ranch
On to something I believe I can get some gratification on. The air cleaner is going away so I need to make up screens for the velocity stacks. I bought some sink strainers and wrapped them around the top and hammered them into shape. The hose clamp helped a lot to get the under side into shape.

Click to view attachment

Wow, I just noticed that the screens have grain and that they are 2 sizes.
914 Ranch
Getting the pattern for the floor of the plenum ready to copy. I like the way it fits and there is plenty of room inside the box for the seal at the base of the air cleaner.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Still preparing stuff for the making of the seal.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
Cured some electrical problems today and now I think I can go forward with the work I wanted to do under the dash. Had to cut a slot in the box in order to remove the circuit board and look at the wires from the under side and I found what I was looking for. I had put too many circuits on a relay and it wasn't working. I ran 2 circuits to other supply points and I hope that takes care of the problem. Now I can look to see why the tach is not working.
914 Ranch
All of my efforts worked, she started. Ya Mother Falcon whooo. Still have some cleaning up to do and then move her to the patio.
euro911
Happy New Year Joe drunk.gif
914 Ranch
Thanks Mark, with the race car and the GT4 useable it starting to put a positive spin on it.
914_teener
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Jan 25 2021, 12:56 PM) *

Thanks Mark, with the race car and the GT4 useable it starting to put a positive spin on it.

Ahh...nothing like a "useable" GT4.

Keep at it Joe!
914 Ranch
Thanks, I will try...
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif beer3.gif smilie_pokal.gif
914 Ranch
Raining here and the car is in the trailer. Nice to have it covered.
Today I started to paint the walls of the trailer, for now they are Kills white primer. Looking for lights, not sure what I'm going to do.
Ordered some LED's .
914 Ranch
Working on the trailer floor, got some diamond plate and floor tile and enough paint to finish the walls.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Getting with it on the paint. Got 2 coats of primer down. Cutting in the trim and thinking about a bright white gloss finish. I'm ready to do the floors and the lights just arrived.

Click to view attachment
euro911
Looking 'Sharp' there, Joe
914 Ranch
Thanks Mark, this should be even better. The diamond plate is not screwed down yet but it looks great.

Click to view attachment

Got a couple of trickles coming for the ceiling but you will have to wait and see.
It was the cover for the vent, when I closed it the ceiling stopped.
euro911
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Feb 13 2021, 01:01 PM) *
Thanks Mark, this should be even better. The diamond plate is not screwed down yet but it looks great.

Click to view attachment

Got a couple of tricks coming for the ceiling but you will have to wait and see.
Made me think of the headliner I put up in my first van ('73 Dodge Tradesman 100) ... one of those '70s era Indian print sheets that all the head shops sold at the time ... folks called it a rolling opium den driving.gif smoke.gif

laugh.gif
914 Ranch
Another picture.

Click to view attachment

Some pick-up but the floor tile is pretty much done.

Gizmo is posing for me.
914 Ranch
Finished cutting the ceiling tiles. Need to sand the edges and drill some holes for the attachments. Oh and don't forget the paint.

Click to view attachment

It's going to be a 2x2 checkered flag pattern.
914 Ranch
Almost done with the floor, would be nice to have the car back inside the trailer.

Click to view attachment

euro911
drooley.gif Looks great, Joe aktion035.gif

I need to get back to outfitting the interior of my V-nose. Stopped working on it when I developed a sciatica problem in 2019

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
I haven't been working directly on AR but I have been gathering some parts for her. Just about ready to move her back into the trailer. Got the nutserts for intake scoops. I need to tie the scoops to the bottom of the targa bar so now I can finish mounting them. It will feel really good to get some real work done on the car. I have also gotten some stuff for the plenum base and that should happen quickly. At least on the right side of the intake.
23,000 viewers, WOW. I am delighted to have such a nice large fallowing. Never thought I would receive such accolades. Kinda makes me feel all fuzzy inside.
With the trailer almost done things should go quicker on the car now.
914 Ranch
I got start up and put her in the trailer.

Click to view attachment

Her new parking space.
Yes the tag has expired all I have to do to make her legal is put her back on the insurance and go get a new tag.
Wow, that's Falcon Epoch...
914 Ranch
A picture of the plenum base. The plenum takes up a lot of space in the engine bay and it looks like it may be blocking air flow to the fan. This car should only run for a minute at a time, I really don't think it will ever get hot.

Click to view attachment

Bottom of the right side plenum, still need to do the seal. I have to redo the support for the engine grill hold down pin as it is in the way of the plenum base.
914 Ranch
Good intentions...
Never got close to the car with a camera this evening but the bottom of the plenum looks great. This project is looking really good to me. Sure I am prejudice but this is coming from my soul. Ok, ok maybe I can get the picture, I'll try.

Click to view attachment

I am sorry about the quality of the picture but the content is of the upmost importance. Bottom of the plenum, really... We're talking Cold Air Intake be here, have you ever heard anyone say that???
914 Ranch
Needs a ceiling and 3 walls and I am thinking about a plexiglass ceiling. The walls are a piece of cake I think I can use the same seal as we use at the trunks. I like the idea of being able to see in the plenum.

Click to view attachment

Hope that works.
Kool, I have a spot welder on order. Should make the rest of this a breeze.
914 Ranch
Another picture

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Spot welder...

Click to view attachment

Now to finish the plenum.
914 Ranch
Checking out the spot welder on a little scrap price. Looks like I will be able to do what I had imagined. This material is so thin it doesn't have any strength. I wanted to put a doubler on the bottom edge all the way around.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
I'm thinking that the spot is to hot, it burns through quickly. So I filed the points flat to get a larger contact area. It worked and I might do some more.

Click to view attachment

I think that results are really good and I will probably do more.
914 Ranch
I did the floor for the plenum on other side today. Looks good and I feel good about the progress.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Today I was fitting the outside edge of the plenum to the inner fender well. It came out so good that I'm calling it Cazadores time.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
Other side.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Another picture

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
More progress
Very bad pics. I'll try again later.
Well it's later now and I got the pic.

Click to view attachment

Now we'll see if the pic is better.
I like that...

I hope this answers any questions about Cold Air Intake.
914 Ranch
Making them stronger, added a lip on the top edge.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
With Plexiglass...

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
And the scoop.

Click to view attachment

I see a couple of spots that need to be fixed. And some hoses that need routing oh and I have to make up the seal for the bottom of the carbs. Still probably a week away, maybe 2.
914 Ranch
Passenger side getting reinforcement on the top edge.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Fitting the plexiglass on the passenger side.

Click to view attachment

I had no idea how this was going to tie into the plenum. All I had to do was bend the top up 90° on the inside of the body panel.
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
914 Ranch
New breather installed. Figured out the hose to the oil tank. I need a 90° for that.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Another view.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Just another picture of a dream I had about air.

Click to view attachment

Cold Air in, more horse power out.

Once the other side is all screwed in I'll start making up the seals. This thing is fragile and I believe the motor would break all the spot welds.
914 Ranch
Just another picture.

Click to view attachment

Everytime I think that it's just a week away it's more than a month. I'm worse than Elon.
914 Ranch
When I started all of this stuff about aero I had no idea that I was going to make a Double Breasted Biplane but here it is. The plenum is very close to being finished. After that I need to get back to the front of the car as there is some wiring and screwing on the front wing brackets. Then I will set up a picture shoot and give Sean and Scott the pictures that they requested years ago. This is looking much better than I expected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.