Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nine Fourteen Sex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
914 Ranch
The leading edge brackets and support are hanging on the muffler flange bolts. The trailing edge support is taped to the body where I hope the diffuser lands.

Click to view attachment

It's coming along nicely, it's probably time for me to make a buck.
When I make me go WOW, I know that I am on the right path.
914 Ranch
I try to make my work look good but I am not looking for class A finish. But what I'm about to do can make me look really bad. I always leave divots and ripples in sheet metal work. In order to help me with this I'm going to build a buck. The finish product will be about 3/16" narrower at the top than the leading edge. The trailing edge gets a piece of aluminum and the skin will flange over it. That piece has already been fitted is in the picture below. I ordered a bead roller for that and it arrived yesterday, broken. Top shaft not engaging. The strake supports all ready for the strakes. All the strake supports will get their final shape when they get to riveted to the strakes. I need to cut the strakes.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
I don't even have a normal vision of what pizza is...

Click to view attachment

I chose a frozen one and add about 3 pounds of stuff to it...
914 Ranch
I think I'm on strake pattern number 5. Every one I liked more. This one lines best at the top and the leading edge.

Click to view attachment

It's gonna take 3 post to get all of the pictures in.
914 Ranch
The trailing edge lining up completely and the leading edge is lining up with support.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
And the trailing edge is lining up with the body.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
From the muffler bracket to the black body line under the tail lights. The diffuser will be clean line for the back of the car.

Click to view attachment

I don't seem to be able to get a better picture at this time.
Shivers
Pretty cool, Joe popcorn[1].gif I'm not sure how this all works, but I was wondering, would it screw anything up to use one of those fiberglass bumper toppers to give the fins something to terminate into? Hope you are feeling alright
914 Ranch
Hey Paul, I'm doing really good,how about you. This will be easier to understand when it's all together. I'm trying to give the air under the car an exit. When tied into a car with a little rake and a flat bottom those little PSI's come in square feet. When Jim Hall figured it out he had the poll at Indy by 4 seconds. He was probably the first guy to use a skirt and rake.
Shivers
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Apr 29 2024, 03:26 PM) *

Hey Paul, I'm doing really good,how about you. This will be easier to understand when it's all together. I'm trying to give the air under the car an exit. When tied into a car with a little rake and a flat bottom those little PSI's come in square feet. When Jim Hall figured it out he had the poll at Indy by 4 seconds. He was probably the first guy to use a skirt and take.

I'm hanging in there dude. So by creating a more traditionally shaped airfoil by tapering the back up, it becomes more efficient? If so that makes sense. where does the cooling air go, you ducting that off to the side? I'm kind of curious to see how this works, I'm far from done. Any guesses at what speed this will become effective? Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.