914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 16 2011, 12:22 AM) *

Click to view attachment
PS Im not a big fan of the pic of me grinning like an idiot smile.gif

That's a great pic! beerchug.gif
So awesome to see your 914 lookin better than ever. WoW
Go Giants!!(?) Any plans to at least roll around with an SF baseball cap or one sticker? Your 914 at least will always be wearing their colors now beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Not a baseball fan in the least bit, LOL

So you will never see me rolling around with a SF baseball cap on.

Maybe one of these though..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...atchlink:top:en
Andyrew
Click to view attachment

From the parade today smile.gif

Andyrew
Click to view attachment

Mmmm Loving it smile.gif
Mike Bellis
Looks awesome! I think your rocker needs to be orange. I'm jealous of your paint job. My car looks like shit! Very soon I will know how many shades of white you can have on one's car... sad.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 10 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Mmmm Loving it smile.gif

REEEEEEEEALLY NICE!!!!
Rand
Congrats Andrew, she's looking really nice!!!

I'm with Mike, bring that rocker panel into the fold.

So cool to see some visual beauty bringing this girl out. There's a lot under the skin that most people don't know about. She's really shining.
dan10101
Here's my meager addition. Sure was exciting to see it in action with all the other cool cars...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yes Andrew, you now have a COOL CAR!

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
dan10101
Looks pretty modern for an old car parade....

At least they didn't turn you away this time.
rktmn247
Paint looks great!! drooley.gif The rockers match the nose. Its a different look and I like it!
JRust
I like the black on the rockers. I would either paint a black stripe on the rear quarter along the bottom to match the rocker. Or go all orange as said above.

Please don't get me wrong. I love your car. You've done a great job on it. I just don't love that transition from rocker to rear wheel paint wise. I like the vent there
Andyrew
No worries on the rocker guys, its either going orange or im painting a continuance of the rocker on the fender. Just one of those things i didnt get to smile.gif
McMark
I actually like the rocker 'combo' black and orange. Something different and unique. Jamie's got the right idea, if you decide to try something. I'd be happy to hook you up with a black vinyl 'stripe' if you wanna try the black bit in my Photoshop mockup.

Regardless, it's lookin' really great!
tscrihfield
Car looks amazing! I didnt know if I was going to like it in the progress stages... but now that I see it out and on the road, its a winner! The body lines enhance the look of your car and it is very unique! Congrats and hopefully I will be joining the "Driveable" of the jackstands club soon! beerchug.gif

Thomas
computers4kids
Andrew, this is awesome! I didn't realize you had the mechanics all in order to start driving it. You have really created something pretty unique and striking. I like the photoshop black on the fenders to continue the black continuity. My favorite part of your car, at least from the pictures, is how those back tires just stuff those rear fenders...looks mean. evilgrin.gif

So what's next on the agenda with your car?

PS Are you happy with the vent kit in your rear stock calipers? I've converted my front to vent rotors and bigger brakes and can't decide on what to do with the back.
Lennies914
The car looks great Andrew. I think you should drive it over to the disco bay tranny clinic this weekend to show it off a little. first.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 11 2011, 07:09 AM) *

The car looks great Andrew. I think you should drive it over to the disco bay tranny clinic this weekend to show it off a little. first.gif

agree.gif
chrispy
Andrew the car looks awesome! Cograts on making the parade deadline.
I know that you sanded and buffed your heart out to show a quality car.

Chris
dan10101

He worked hard... No doubt.

Here are just a few of the build picts. I have a couple hundred more somewhere. Many of these have already been posted, but here they are in one place.

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww198/dan10101/9148/

Andyrew
Boy those are old pics dad!

Heres a friend of mines touchup from facebook, looks like facebook made the photo a little small, I'll have him email me the high res.
Andyrew
PS, the fit of the tires front to rear is SNUG

The fronts rub while turning, Its wearing down the inside lip of the fender (Which Im OK with as long as it doesnt crack the fender).

Im going to raise it up 1/2 in after the show.
Andyrew
The vent kit on the back. I am overall not happy with my brakes, but thats due to pedal feel. The vented rear's stocks are fine IMHO. If I needed some more brake back there I'd vent the stock front 914 calipers. Which I might do depending... For now my handbrake isnt even hooked up.

I havent done any hard braking either as my carb likes to die under braking...
sixnotfour
Looks Great,

I like the Orange on the fender the way it follows the line of the door and curves forward, gives it some style , idea.gif
dan10101
A few photos from the car show. The link below is for those interested in other than orange 914 pictures rolleyes.gif Lots of traffic around the little go cart. Fun talking to the people. We finally had to open the lid and show the dirty engine, everyone wanted to see it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww198/d...%20Show%202011/
Mike Bellis
That car really looks nice. I'm jealous!
Andyrew
I like your engine better tongue.gif

First post has been updated as well as the second post with my favorite pics.
Mike Bellis
You need to come to Discovery Bay tomorrow!
Andyrew
I have the awards show at Graffiti tomorrow.. I cant really make it till later and Im not sure if I feel comfortable driving the car that far with the little issues that I've been having...

Doesnt mean I dont want to be there... I REALLY want to pop in and say hi...

Mike Bellis
Did you win? Congrats! KMA.gif
Mike Bellis
I could have put in a flipped H for you today. I only opened mine for inspection and swapped the tail cone. That little girl could have helped you too.
Andyrew
Tomorrow is judging.

Most likely no. There are so many NICE NICE NICE show cars out there.. If they like the odd and different... I have a good chance..

Im guessing I have a 1% chance at an award.
Rand
Very sweet. Congrats Andyrew, you have rocked it yet again.

Take this with a grain of salt: The rockers.... dude, what you going to do wit the rockers? It seems like the flow is interrupted by the fender. Body color? Blacken bottom edge of fender to continue the stripe that's in front and behind that spot?
Not picking on it - amazing as is, just thinking out loud.
Andyrew
Installed a WINK mirror today! Under $20 shipped to me from ebay. Really happy with it!

Now I just need to get some black vynal to put on the window to replace my visors.

Im really happy I didnt put the stock mirror back in, this one looks great!!

I have a couple of other neat little additions that i'll be putting in soon so stay tuned smile.gif
Andyrew
Well since no one can stay in front of me Id like to be able to see everyone who's behind me biggrin.gif
moparrob
OH MAN! I had a Wink mirror in my first 914 (33 years ago). It was awesome and I wondered what ever happened to them.

I got that and my 'Porsche' bolder tint and front air dam from Anything Limited which used to be in West L.A. Those were the days....
Mike Bellis
I'm on my 3rd wink mirror. Do yourself a favor. Mount some aluminum L channel to the front bottom of the mirror. If you leave the car parked in the sun, the mirror will soften and sag in the middle. Took about 6 months but has 3/4 sag in it. I screwed L channel on my new one. 12 months and no sag.
Mike Bellis
Oh, and bend the L channel to hold the right (passenger) side adjustment screw. This will stop it from breaking the embossed bolt off.
Andyrew
Good advice Mike! I'll get to that sometime, as of right now the car is never parked in the sun (I park it in a warehouse at work).
Andyrew
Good advice Mike! I'll get to that sometime, as of right now the car is never parked in the sun (I park it in a warehouse at work).
matthepcat
Hey what size tires are on the rear?
Andyrew
285 40 18's
matthepcat
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 27 2011, 11:55 PM) *

285 40 18's

Like thumb3d.gif
Andyrew
I take that back 285 35 18's.

City of Modesto gave me a 1/2" piece of wood in my tire from their tree trimming (And crappy cleaning up) so now I have to replace it...

Yay..
Andyrew
Sigh...

$200 later, I just ordered a new one.. American tire couldnt fix it, they did offer to prorate it for me for a new tire, but they couldnt get the same tire and I know the Sumitomo tires run very tall... I have a phone call into City of Modesto to see if they will do anything for me.
Andyrew
I received a pleasant phone call from the city of modesto saying they would like to see the tire and are going to call me tomorrow to look at the tire!

There is hope!

Dr. Roger
Glad you didn't sell her. Looking great now. Keep up the good work. =)
Andyrew
Had a couple of cooling related issues. First off the autozone chrome water inlet on the intake manifold has been corroding away on the inside and finally corroded so far that it created a leak. Pretty bad.. So I drained and flushed the system and installed a factory cast piece that looks like it wont ever have that problem. Took a couple of tries to get all the air out of the system but I did it.

Another issue I had was I had a pusher and a puller 12 or 14" fans (cant remember) and the pusher's connections broke and caused for fraying of wires and a contained electrical fire. I removed the pusher and have been running just a puller, however I wired it backwards on accident and I also decided that one fan just isnt enough. So while dad was picking up some bolts at pick and pull for my honda he picked up a Lincoln Mark VIII radiator fan. 18" of fan glory that fits the radiator PERFECT. MY OH MY does this thing suck air. Absolutely dwarfs the old fan and supposedly pulls 4k CFM. I have it running on just the LOW setting and will setup a separate switch for the HIGH setting (its a 2 stage fan). The only thing I think I have left to do for the radiator is setup a duct to force the air out the wheel wells as I think there is some turbulence currently and I dont think its as efficient as it could be.
jimkelly
that is one bitchen 914 - i must say - just what a pair of newly weds need : )
matthepcat
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 12 2011, 11:05 AM) *

Had a couple of cooling related issues. First off the autozone chrome water inlet on the intake manifold has been corroding away on the inside and finally corroded so far that it created a leak. Pretty bad.. So I drained and flushed the system and installed a factory cast piece that looks like it wont ever have that problem. Took a couple of tries to get all the air out of the system but I did it.

Another issue I had was I had a pusher and a puller 12 or 14" fans (cant remember) and the pusher's connections broke and caused for fraying of wires and a contained electrical fire. I removed the pusher and have been running just a puller, however I wired it backwards on accident and I also decided that one fan just isnt enough. So while dad was picking up some bolts at pick and pull for my honda he picked up a Lincoln Mark VIII radiator fan. 18" of fan glory that fits the radiator PERFECT. MY OH MY does this thing suck air. Absolutely dwarfs the old fan and supposedly pulls 4k CFM. I have it running on just the LOW setting and will setup a separate switch for the HIGH setting (its a 2 stage fan). The only thing I think I have left to do for the radiator is setup a duct to force the air out the wheel wells as I think there is some turbulence currently and I dont think its as efficient as it could be.

What size inlet hole did you cut? Mine seems much smaller than modern renegade conversions, and I wonder if this is causing my 200 degree freeway temps.
Mike Bellis
Mine is the entire width of the front trunk, from fog lamp gril to fog lamp grill. The key is to have twice as much on the air exit. That way it creates a low pressure zone. My rotary stays at 180 and slowly creeps to 200 if I'm not moving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.