Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the heck do you look like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
serge914
Here I am on that same bridge in Annecy
serge914
And my 4 Swedish roommates...........
Bleyseng
Where is this freaking bridge at??

Geoff
elmonte
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 23 2003, 02:29 PM)
Where is this freaking bridge at??

Geoff

Annecy , eastern france at the base of the Alps.
Katmanken
I'm bettin the bridge is a prop at Warner Bros.

"Get your picture taken in France...."

Ken
Scott S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 21 2003, 01:02 PM)
I noticed we have a few Guitar Players on the list... even another in Salt Lake.

Any more?

Eric Shea
Associate Publisher
Guitar Player Magazine
Bass Player Magazine

Not exactly (I aint that smart...)
Me at "the office"........
Carl
These photos are fun and it's good to put a face with a name.

I'm a little curious about those pictures from the past with the long hair, bell bottoms, platform shoes and hitch-hiking across Europe. It probably shouldn't be a surprise that members of a group who enjoy an odd little German car are secure enough to post old photos of their past for public comment and ridicule.

Skirt wearin' guitar pickers and bridge tenders. Sounds like a 914 group to me! laugh.gif

Carl
meursault
Okay, seems like evryone's offering their "alps" pictures. Here I am in the alps somewhere. Judging from the van, I'd say it's the Italian side. And judging from the way I seem to be nervously clutching something, I may have run afoul of law enforcement.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Carl @ Sep 23 2003, 03:07 PM)
I'm a little curious about those pictures from the past with the long hair, bell bottoms, platform shoes and hitch-hiking across Europe.

so carl,
what about sharing a picture with us from way back when you still had long hair, platform shoes and a skirt?

laugh.gif Andy
Carl
so carl,
what about sharing a picture with us from way back when you still had long hair, platform shoes and a skirt?

That's back when cameras used film and a Big Mac actually real beef in it. Any photos (the really incriminating ones) have long since yellowed beyond the point of recognition and had to be destroyed. Hazardous waste. Carried in a special compartment in Galileo. Burned up at 108,000 mph flying into Jupiter. No point in mistaking an innocent party doing something really stupid. The Smithsonian didn't even want any of them for their new "Museum of Really Bad American History".

My memory is really vague but there is a recollection of bell-bottoms and platform shoes. The skirt draws a blank, though, thankfully.

C
Brad Roberts
Do you have any pics of you on WOODEN Ski's....LOL

B
Bleyseng
Shoot, thats what I started skiing on. Plus I had those leather lace up ski boots that hurt like hell until your feet froze.
Eric_Shea
Schroeder! We got us a band. Bass, plenty-o-gitars and now some stix Awesome.

Even more awesome is this... the newest member!

Nicole Adelina Shea
9/23/03 12:59 PM
7.12lbs. 19"

P.S. I've got an alpine shot as well...
echocanyons
Congrats Eric!
Qarl
mueba.gif Alright Eric! Woohoo! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif boldblue.gif

I think that's the youngest 914 driver (future) ever to have her photo posted to 914club.

Congratulations. Nice healthy weight.

Is Mom doing alright as well.

Give her congratulations smooches from all your 914 friends!
Eric_Shea
Mom and baby are doing "fantastic" we couldn't have asked for more!

Thanks all!!

P.S. Mike D... just because it's a few messages down don't go think'n that shirt went un-noticed. Wasn't the "Puffy Shirt" a Seinfeld episode?? As tired as I am today I caught that! Sssplain please...
Carl
Eric,
Congrats. This is a very special time.

Carl
EdwardBlume
Eric, Congrats! Way to go! Get some sleep (you're going to need it).

Here's Half Dome and Full Dome. Great picts 914ers!
ChrisReale
Congrats Eric and family! smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
AWESOME ERIC clap56.gif clap56.gif That is too cool. Baby Shea will be posting to the club site in NO time..LOL

B
Jeroen
Awwwright Eric!
Congrats! Now pass out the cigars biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
dbelleperc
Here is myself with the teener'
dbelleperc
And me at the Autofest the first year they had it.
HarveyH
Pfhat old Phfart with greying hair. A couple of weeks ago.
Chris H.
Harvey... you're front trunk is open.... on the car that is... laugh.gif
MJHanna
I'm the one in the middle cool_shades.gif
Scott S
Eric! Awesome! Congrats to you and yours! dance.gif

Being that you are with those two magazines, do you get to any of the NAMM shows? Let me know - we can hook up for a drink. I usually try to hit the west coast show.

If you are interested, here is what I (we) do...

www.exit232.com

Again, congrats on the new kiddo beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Sep 23 2003, 11:24 PM)
Congrats Eric and family! smilie_pokal.gif

Chris,
i smell royalty payments laugh.gif

Andy
Mike D.
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2003, 08:36 PM)
Mom and baby are doing "fantastic" we couldn't have asked for more!

Thanks all!!

P.S. Mike D... just because it's a few messages down don't go think'n that shirt went un-noticed. Wasn't the "Puffy Shirt" a Seinfeld episode?? As tired as I am today I caught that! Sssplain please...

Eric, congrats on the new one. I've got one that is 6 mo. this week.

And about the "puffy Shirt" - it's actually a pic of Austin Powers. I just photoshopped my head on to it. laugh.gif

-Mike D.
Mike D.
Here's the real me...cool.gif
-Mike D.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 21 2003, 01:02 PM)
I noticed we have a few Guitar Players on the list... even another in Salt Lake.

Any more?

i have a mid-60's vintage Yamaha acoustic 12-string, a Steinberger, and a Fender Bassman 70 amp. very, very out of practice.
Boldylocks
Congrats Eric
a teeny-tiny-teener -neat. wub.gif
Nemo914
My gang in Newport RI.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 24 2003, 01:16 PM)
... I bought an Ovation acoustic a couple months ago...

i've played those, always liked them, wanted one for a long time. and now - just when i can think about affording one - they have a model with a carbon fiber top. OOOH! must .. have ...
if i find out it's got titanium tuners i can only hope my wife likes what i got myself for Christmas :-) ...
Eric_Shea
Thanks Scott!

I do believe I've been to nearly 50 some NAMM shows... and a brew (or 200) "always" make one go much easier.

See you in Anaheim! Hilton bar Saturday night sometime around 10:00PM? Drinks are on me.

We'll have to mark this time of the year next year for a Alpine Loop 914 Ramble. The colors are ridiculous today. Sundance? All-Star jam? I'm sure a strat will fit in the rear trunk, amp in the front. Bassists will have to come solo, unless your a Steinberg man. The only place I know for a bass is the passengers seat.

Now for a set list...
Eric_Shea
The carbon Ovation is actually an "Adamas". Client of mine... great group of people!
Eric_Shea
Oooooops forgot,

Mike, you're off the hook. Hilarious!

Speaking of the 80's does "spandex" mean anything to you guys? There's a story there but I'm not telling it! (or showing the pictures)

E.

(like I'm the fashion police or something...)
Jeroen
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 25 2003, 02:42 AM)
Now for a set list...

Some of my favorites to play:
Stone Cold Bush - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
Black Betty - Ram Jam

Any pics of your daughter yet, Eric?

cheers,

Jeroen
TheCabinetmaker
I recently traded an ovie 12 for a new Takamine G series 12. Almost as sweet a sound as a Martin D-28,
but with a much smaller neck and much easier to fret.

Favorites include;
Blues Traveler
Puddle of mudd
Doobies
Chicago
and of course, Dylan. Yes I play the Harmonica too!

Jeroen, chili peppers rock!!! aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
heya... im the dude at the left helping unload my uncles T...., ill find one with my face lol!
Qarl
Okay Guitar-playing thread hijackers.... unless you post pictures of yourselves playing a guitar... take your punk ass guitar playing selves elsewhere...

just kidding. laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Musicians get no respect!!!! Just women!!!!!!!!!LOL
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif heres me riding shotgun in the T... this was at the vista CA antique tractor show... a porsche club was there!!! might've seen the elusive porsche tractor... lol2.gif
Joseph Mills
Spandex? How about some Lycra? laugh.gif

Photo was taken this weekend on the MS150 (150 mile bicycle ride fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis). I'm in the yellow helmet.

My "axe" is a slightly worn 1969 Fender Musicmaster II. I gotta pic of it somewhere around here......honest I do.
Joe Bob
Me, the boss and the kids.....
Joe Bob
Me and the Old Rocket.....
Jeroen
QUOTE(kellzey @ Sep 25 2003, 04:35 AM)
Okay Guitar-playing thread hijackers.... unless you post pictures of yourselves playing a guitar... take your punk ass guitar playing selves elsewhere...

just kidding. laugh.gif

Hey, I did, so I have every right to hi-jack this thread biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
si2t3m
This is me
Brad Roberts
Nemo914,

I'm not sure if your following this thread.. but can you start a new thread telling us about your pilot experience ??

B
HarveyH
ChrisH wrote:
Harvey... you're front trunk is open.... on the car that is...

I use one of Perry Kiel's Umbrella Covers at work. Setting my briefcase and laptop on the ground before getting the cover out of the front trunk. My personal overhang has been carefully cultivated over the years. Have to do something about that...

Harvey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.