Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the heck do you look like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
vw_porsche
Hello from Pensacola Beach!

Click to view attachment
thieuster
Hello, I'm using this thread to introduce myself (Car related matters on another page / thread).
I live in The Netherlands, 275 (German Autobahn!)miles from Stuttgart. Age, closer to 60 than 50..., married, two boys. Other interests: sailing, using petrol powered machinery for my garden.

Current stable (cars): BMW 3 Series, our daily driver; VW Up -not sold in the USA- a small in-town car. Classics: 1970 Saab 96 that I bought from the first owner in Sweden, 1959 Triumph TR3A totally restored over a 10 yr period.

Picture: taken last month on a breezy morning on North Captive FL.

Menno

IPB Image
zambezi
Welcome Menno. I don't see a 914 in your stable. I take it you are in the market. Good luck, you came to the right place for research.
Jim
thieuster
QUOTE(zambezi @ Jan 31 2015, 01:23 PM) *

Welcome Menno. I don't see a 914 in your stable. I take it you are in the market. Good luck, you came to the right place for research.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I started a thread about the car-to-be here:
Menno
dudzy's914
I may be a little younger and smaller, but still just as passionate about our little cars. Here I am in my '75 2.0l. first.gif
euro911
Don't feel bad ... I'm 60 and have to push the seat all the way forward to reach the pedals laugh.gif
Theclassiccarcoroner
This is me driving my 75 914 1.8 daily driver, back when I was 18.

racerbvd
idea.gif
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
I'm inside the 71 engine bay.

Click to view attachment

SFO airport

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
evilgrin.gif
Click to view attachment
euro911
santa_smiley.gif
zambezi
That doesnt look like Florida
abnrdo
Community volunteering.
Shadowfax
With my daughter at her school.
Click to view attachment
914Next
Sara and I with our '73 2.0
Click to view attachment
JRust
My latest
racerbvd
av-943.gif
Maltese Falcon
Me up to something as usual smile.gif
Marty
Click to view attachment
racerbvd
Click to view attachment
VZ935
Running my old Carolina Speedwerks 935 at Daytona

IPB Image

IPB Image
Dawgma 914
Thanks for adding me to your cool website!

Click to view attachment
euro911
welcome.png gentlemen
naro914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 11 2015, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 16 2015, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jun 28 2015, 07:44 PM) *

Dude, I can honestly say I have no idea what you look like anymore...
I really think you need to come to Okteenerfest just so I can confirm it's you!!
naro914
double post
CodyBFR
Here's many of the Black Forest gang:

IPB Image
Left to right:
John Crusoe, owner/driver of the black #44 914-6
Sylvia, John's better half
One of John C's grandkids, sorry I forget his name ;-)
Cody Forbes (me!) in the middle with the white shirt
Wesley Forbes, my son
Leah Gray, my fiance whom handles the office duties here at BFR
Donna North, John Forbes' girlfriend
John Forbes
And last but not least, George, our apprentice whom is headed off to Porsche factory training school in October.
CodyBFR
[Sorry, double post]
David Shields
I'm new to the group. Greetings to all other 914 owners.

I hope nobody wants to burn me at the stake for converting my 914 to an all-electric vehicle. It's been my daily driver for the last couple of years. I can go about 40 miles on 80 cents worth of electricity.

Getting it to move is not the problem. Getting it to stop can be exciting at times as I've added 660 pounds to the vehicle. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to augment the brakes?

I'm also in the market for LED headlights. Every watt counts and I'm a distance junkie. The ones I've seen online are pretty pricy and I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks for letting me in your group.

David Shields
euro911
QUOTE(David Shields @ Nov 14 2015, 01:44 PM) *

I hope nobody wants to burn me at the stake for converting my 914 to an all-electric vehicle. It's been my daily driver for the last couple of years. I can go about 40 miles on 80 cents worth of electricity.

Getting it to move is not the problem. Getting it to stop can be exciting at times as I've added 660 pounds to the vehicle. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to augment the brakes?

I'm also in the market for LED headlights. Every watt counts and I'm a distance junkie. The ones I've seen online are pretty pricy and I'm open to suggestion.

David Shields
welcome.png

Have you looked into regenerative braking? - it would also help to recharge the batteries.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/b...ive-braking.htm
Big Len
QUOTE(David Shields @ Nov 14 2015, 04:44 PM) *

David Shields

David,

Welcome to the group.

Having said that, I think it's absurd to turn a 914 into an EV. I don't get it.

David Shields
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 14 2015, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(David Shields @ Nov 14 2015, 01:44 PM) *

David Shields
:wttc:

Have you looked into regenerative braking? - it would also help to recharge the batteries.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/b...ive-braking.htm

My car is DC. Regenerative braking is for AC cars. Thanks for the suggestion though.

xperu
QUOTE(David Shields @ Nov 14 2015, 03:44 PM) *

David Shields
Nice work Dave, I admire people who involve themselves with new idea's. Welcome to the club. I believe there is someone else here that has a EV. Mike pray.gif welcome.png
David Shields
QUOTE(xperu @ Nov 24 2015, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(David Shields @ Nov 14 2015, 03:44 PM) *

David Shields
Nice work Dave, I admire people who involve themselves with new idea's. Welcome to the club. I believe there is someone else here that has a EV. Mike :worship: :wttc:

Thanks Mike.

The 914 is a popular model to convert to EV. I'm also a member of the 914EV Google Group.

David
iankarr
me. will take another with the car in the spring. Click to view attachment
Coondog
Who says it never snows in the High Desert[attachmentid=53[size=4]1015] Click to view attachment
HelenGoff
New to this forum but not new to Porsches or indeed 914's
Click to view attachment
Gustl
welcome.png ... from the neighbourhood (globaly speaking wink.gif )

are you Helen from DDK ...?
HelenGoff
QUOTE(Gustl @ Dec 28 2015, 06:47 PM) *

welcome.png ... from the neighbourhood (globaly speaking wink.gif )

are you Helen from DDK ...?

Mmnyes, thats me aktion035.gif
RickS
The 71

Click to view attachment

The lucky owner

Click to view attachment

Better hide the women
Gunn1
Picture unfit for human consumption shades.gif
Sleepin
morning1.gif
SixerJ
Me and Mrs B, indulging in my other passion in Gustl's back yard (well nearly).

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Here's me - on a good day!
maddog
beauty and the beast, of course I am the beauty on the left, lol.

Click to view attachment
Saturn63
biggrin.gif
QUOTE(robby750 @ Sep 21 2003, 05:20 PM) *

MY wife and I

lovely picture .. are you guys from Raylan Givens country ?
Saturn63
QUOTE(HelenGoff @ Dec 28 2015, 08:33 AM) *

New to this forum but not new to Porsches or indeed 914's
Click to view attachment

Ahaaa I have seen you with Kevin Clarke ... drooley.gif
get off my lawn
danger
Me!
Gmanscott55
Gary from Sunset Beach shades.gif

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
From the Hot tub Time machine; Mattylight at age 4 , assisting in the re-assembly of Dad's black six, just back from the paint shop. Our first Father+ Son build ! Next stop; Cover car shot for European Car, circa 1995
Click to view attachment
euro911
A few years back ... prepping the 'BB's banana for new paint ...

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.