Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the heck do you look like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Aaron Cox
hey mike z, is that at the pomona swap? looks familiar idea.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 25 2003, 02:53 PM)
hey mike z, is that at the pomona swap? looks familiar idea.gif

Nope.....the pic with the "ears" is an Arizona PCA AX....the other is San Diego PCA AX.

The SD PCA pic was the day I clinched the Zone 8 AX championship......

mueba.gif
Eric_Shea
Jereon,

Daughter made page 11...

Thanks again everyone.

E.
Tom Perso
Ok, here's my 5 minutes of fame... smile.gif

Me with the new 2270cc T4 in the Bug (now in the 914)

IPB Image

Me with the better half (fiancee) at the Mall of America, in the Ferris Wheel.

IPB Image

And, I've always liked this pic, it turned out pretty sweet.

The Bug rocks, but I love the 914!

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
i love those wheels on your bug tom. 4 lug "cosmics" right? or westerns? blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Empi 8 spokes.

Tom.. did you stick with the upright fan shroud in the 914 ?? show us....

Congrats on the marriage.. clap56.gif

B
Tom Perso
Brad, thanks for the congrats. We are both looking forward to it.

I converted the motor BACK to pancake cooling. LOL. I had to loose the Gene Berg full flow pump cover and system (which is OK, since it's less complexity now) and I had to get a different set of cylinder cover tin due to the fact the 2056 had 2.0L heads and mine has 1.8L Bus heads.

Oh, and I had to drill a hole for a 914 dipstick and block off the 411 Wagon dipstick mount (al la Bus).

I drilled the hole with the motor together smash.gif

Lots of rags, a big shopvac and lots of worry. No problems though. I used a "Mr. Gasket" oil dipstick for a Chevy 'tree-fity and cut down the dipstick to length, then renotched it for the proper oil level.

Later,
Tom
Jeroen
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 27 2003, 12:07 AM)
Jereon,

Daughter made page 11...

I should stop reading this BBS at four in the morning biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
DNHunt
Here's left to right

Kevin Powers (rhodyguy), his wife Jean, me (DNHunt) and my wife Betsy

Dave
rhodyguy
damn it was a beautiful evening (good company too!). sara did a good job. you can't see the half of a broken spoiler on the front of the car laugh.gif . when your s.o. doesn't bust your chops and indulges you your car obsession you're a lucky guy.

kevin
d914
ok I've finally got this picture thing licked.

Me and mine at VIR just before I pulled the clutch fork out of the case going into the corner at the end of the back stright!! Also 3 914 cases later we figured out it was a 911 case with 914 gears, reverse pull clutch...go figure.
Mark Henry
The crew, I'm the one stuffing my face.
redshift
Damnit Karl! I started collecting guitars years before teeners.

I have a 67 orange sparkle Strat, a 51 NoCaster, a 64 candy red Strat assembled the day I was born, a 59 Les Paul Standard, a 57 3 pickup Custom, a 57 Futura made from originally cut factory pieces, a 56 Goldtop, a 54 Goldtop, a 54 Custom with an alnico and a wrap around, a couple early BC Rich Mockingbirds, 18 tube amps, and a closet full of noisy effects.

I have a hash pipe Clapton gave to Hendrix.

(never used it... twice)

smile.gif

M
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 1 2003, 09:52 AM)
I have a hash pipe Clapton gave to Hendrix.

(never used it... twice)

smile.gif

lol2.gif
Ferg
I posted this in the other members pic thread but here's me driving.gif
Ferg
The ever understanding wife wub.gif
Ferg
And the kids rolleyes.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Is that an airedale or welsh terrier?
Ferg
Airdale, the other one is a German wired hair pointer crossed with a siberian husky blink.gif
Curvie Roadlover
I have an aging welsh terrier, but, I think, when he goes, his replacement will be an airedale (same exact look, only bigger)
J P Stein
Heh, heh....I grew up with an Airdale....dumb as a fence post, but loyal & brave.

A professional bear hunter that the family knew had 2 or 3 that ran with his pack of hounds...."for when the bear came down out of the tree". My old man heard that line and got one....like to kilt every cat in the neighborhood..cept ours, of course laugh.gif A long time ago,now. (gettin' all misty)
Ratt
Here is me after I broke the 914 last night. Lets just say I was pissed and still am. It was the only piece I had that ran, now I get to cruise in the 1987 full size ford econoline van.
Andy
IPB Image
tdgray
Ok a little slow on the uptake. Here is the family with the first automotive "baby"
Bleyseng
Sweet MG!

Got any more pics of it?

Geoff
tdgray
Are you kidding the MGA is my favorite photo subject. Here is the before pic. This is the day it got towed home from North Carolina
tdgray
This is my better half with a very stupid smirk on her face. This is after I converted the MGA to wire wheels. Look great but a total PITA (wheels not the wife).
tdgray
Ok OK I won't post four thousand pics of my "other car" here. But here is the MGA at a ralley in Columbus sporting her new personalized plate.
JWest
Ok, here's us finally:
URY914
Looks like a happy couple. smile.gif
Is the yellow car yours?

Paul
Bleyseng
I'd say the Silver car is theirs

Geoff
JWest
Nope, mines the silver in the back (wife was designated picture taker while driving so we brought up the rear).

The yellow car is Joseph's - very tough looking with the 911 flairs on the back.
URY914
I guess your avatar should have given me a clue. rolleyes.gif

Paul
dbledsoe
I bought this Sportster new in 1986. I still have it (this was taken this past April) except now it is a 1.2 liter as opposed to the original .9 liter.
MJHanna
Really makes a difference does it when you go from an 883 to a 1200. Did you leave the gearing stock? If so, the converted ones are quicker than a factory 1200. When I had my sporty I did mine after about 6K, really appreciated what the cc’s do for you. smilie_pokal.gif
dbledsoe
MJ,

I've been all over the map with gearing. Started with the original 48 tooth rear then went to a 56 tooth rear for drag racing (11.90's @ 108 mph). I've gone as high as a 40 tooth but settled on a 44 tooth now-a-days. I've still got my wheelie bars up in the attic. I haven't raced it in about 8 years but still love to turn up the wick on the street. It makes a believer out of some of the ricers, and sounds ten times better. Along with the motor you'll notice Sun aluminum rims (18" rear & 21" front, although I also have a 19" Sun front I used to use for darg racing). Spokes are Buchanan stainless. I got the first S&S big bore kit (actually a prototype along with their prototype intake manifold for the [then] new Evo motor Sportster) and their S&S Super carb. Cams are Gordon Kately (also the first set he ground for the Evo Sportster) and a Dyna ignition module that replaced an XR 1000 Sportster module that finally burned out. There's a lot more I've done but too much to remember after three glasses of red wine tonight. blink.gif

Regards,
Don
BravoHotel
Me, trying to beat the heat at a DE.

BH
URY914
Hey Bravo,
I went to Miss St for a year and had a girlfriend that went to "The W".

I miss her big... cool_shades.gif

Paul
Qarl
Okay... there are some new folks around lately... keep the thread alive!!!!
Downunderman
Photo of me and son Hugh at the finish of the East Coast Classic in March 02. Strangely, I don't seem to have many photos of myself.
mikerose
Me at work. w00t.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikerose @ Nov 19 2003, 12:17 PM)
Me at work...

you a Ghostbuster ?
Jeroen
Here's Zoey (our 3 year old daughter)
She just loves the smiley's of this BBS

bootyshake.gif is her favorite biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Mike,

Are you a mad scientist? Jekyl or Hyde? laugh.gif
mikerose
Radioactive Material welder.gif If I tell you what I do I will need to shoot you laugh.gif
WWW.IR100.com
nebreitling
okay, i'm in

this was me after a performance (i'm a conductor, this was at a modern dance performance)
steve@ottosvenice.com
At The Bird. Steve
DuckRyder
O.K. fine:

ME at TGP needing a haircut and a shave:

IPB Image
914werke
<!-- QuoteBegin-dbledsoe+Oct 7 2003, 06:54 PM --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbledsoe @ Oct 7 2003, 06:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- QuoteEBegin -->  It makes a believer out of some of the ricers, and sounds ten times better.  <!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
Ya know I really get sick of owners of SLOW, HEAVY, UNDERPOWERED, UNDERBRAKED and OVERPRICED, ancient technology american, 2-wheeled Iron, spewing thier Bike envy by using the the pejorative slur "ricer" when trying to justify the possesion of thier bikes.
As far as Im concerened If you ride a Bike your (generally) OK with me.
The reality is if you like tooling around with a "Potato-Potato" cadence massaging your hemoroids...More power to-ya. Just accept alternate forms (manufatures) of two wheel transpo as what they are...AWSOME HANDLING FAST LIGHT POWERFULL and CHEAP!!!! in otherwords, a Good Value!
Its called open minded-ness, We could all use some finger.gif

Rant off.
rick 918-S
I took this today with a timer on my new camera. The better half and I walked out on the ice off the shore of our new lake lot. Next time we'll take a closer shot.
914werke
Ok, first the Family: the boy Racer watching pop circulate, then SIR, in a new MB240C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.